Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,747 members, 7,827,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad (25604 Views)

As A Proponent Of Anti Corruption, Will You Accept This Job? / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by komzy589(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
harsysky:

I know the guy too well as someone who ......is ment..... hence my harsh words on him. If you feel he is making sense, take his advice when you find yourself in a position to take one of the choices the op made.

You guys clearly do not know the angle Nigeria is heading to and you want someone who doesn't earn well to stay? The best advice to give to someone who wants to leave this country is to make sure their papers are genuine and not mago_mago.. they will survive if they are not lazy there. It is not like Naija where cleaners are not respected and sent on demeaning errands .

Here in naija, we make money to belittle people and get worshipped. There, they make their lil money and help one another.
I understand u bro. The chances are better over there but it’s not as easy as many make it seem.
The whole point is not to allow desperation lead one to selling their valuables here with the belief that it is rosy over there.
I know of someone who sold their family lands in the village to travel to Canada in 2018. His family is still here in Nigeria, facing hardship because he isn’t yet settled over there.

Let’s be guided and allow prepared people to travel with the correct information because even beggars exist abroad.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
harsysky:

A man has got to go back to his root no matter how you look at it. He may not even come back but it gives him this confidence and assurance that he has something to fall back to incase any thing happens.

Now i get You...That Method Can Fast Track your Investment in Nigeria than Staying Here and Building Here.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by OvertheTop(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
harsysky:

A man has got to go back to his root no matter how you look at it. He may not even come back but it gives him this confidence and assurance that he has something to fall back to incase any thing happens.

That means it does not make sense to Sell your Already-built Built Apartments to Travel...when you have the intention to Come Back
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by CoronaVirusPro: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
MT:

Well said. Anytime you ask them to lower their expectations, they brand us as discouraging people to travel.

People that have not seated inside an aircràft before suddenly become travel advisor on Nairaland.

Just don't argue with anybody. Let them go and make that 20million in a year as a truck driver

THE DUDE SAID 20 MILLION PER MONTH grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by WeirdAlien: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
maasoap:

And how easy is it to earn one million naira and above monthly in Nigeria?

This is exactly why they say most Nigerians are below the poverty line.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by harsysky(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

That means it does not make sense to Sell your Already-built Built Apartments to Travel...when you have the intention to Come Back

I wouldn't advise anyone to sell his mansion to relocate but if you have to do that to relocate you and your whole family on a PR, do it. You and your family will buy a better one later in future if the lord wills.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by harsysky(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

Now i get You...That Method Can Fast Track your Investment in Nigeria than Staying Here and Building Here.

You get that!
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by harsysky(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
komzy589:

I understand u bro. The chances are better over there but it’s not as easy as many make it seem.
The whole point is not to allow desperation lead one to selling their valuables here with the belief that it is rosy over there.
I know of someone who sold their family lands in the village to travel to Canada in 2018. His family is still here in Nigeria, facing hardship because he isn’t yet settled over there.

Let’s be guided and allow prepared people to travel with the correct information because even beggars exist abroad.

It is not easy but life's a risk. One has got to take a calculated risk with strong belief.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by MT: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

THE DUDE SAID 20 MILLION PER MONTH grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Even Trudeau, the Prime Minister will resign to be driving a truck at that rate cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by CoronaVirusPro: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
MT:

grin grin grin grin

Even Trudeau, the Prime Minister will resign to be driving a truck for that rate cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by miketayo(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

You mean Chance to Gather N 20 Million Naira to Get There.
How do Struggling people get this Amount

That's the hardest part.. plus that 20m will be 30m in few years, so it gets harder to travel
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by miketayo(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nezzjnr:

LOL

Delulu

Delulu counter my claim na
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by noob03saibot(m): 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ijaya123:

Are they now spending naira in Canada?
God abeg ooooo ; lol! grin grin grin
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Sillymoderators: 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
Pootle:

you the only person looking at it from the right perspective....ppl concentrate mainly on the exchange rate forgetting bills are to be paid either ways.
Exactly.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by naturefellow(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
MegaBozz:

Wow
by Time you want to vote at the next election cycle, you'd see characters like helinues duro4change moh247 mannabbqgrils LeoDeKing templarlandry instigating violence and suppress votes in favour of their candidate.

That is if there's any credible election in Nigeria ever again, under the mandate snatcher.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Sirchiboy: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roboto11:

What is your strength in Computer Science?
Proficient in Ms packages
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by decision01: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
mrvitalis:

350k na money? That's $4200 per year
This is the best reply..chai
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by emmaodet: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
MT:

grin grin grin grin

Even Trudeau, the Prime Minister will resign to be driving a truck for that rate cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by decision01: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
It is not lies..long distance drivers make btw $43k - $61k yearly confirm.
CoronaVirusPro:

20 million as a truck driver 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who are those telling you all these lies!

You just convert dollars to Naira and start fumbling.

Did the driver talk you how much he pays for the truck loan, insurance, gas, maintenance and all his personal expense.

Everyone will be a truck driver in Canada if it was that lucrative!

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by CoronaVirusPro: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
decision01:
It is not lies..long distance drivers make btw $43k - $61k yearly confirm.

How much is that monthly? Deduct tax and expenses from it.

Where is the 20,000,000?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Roboto11: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Proficient in Ms packages

I'm sorry, in 2023, can't do much with that.

Unless you mean you are a guru working with VBA and pivot tables in Excel for instance.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by kunle75(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
OvertheTop:

I'm Sure You are Still investing in Nigeria and Buying Nigerian Assets that's why you are still coming Back...
What is your Real Plan for the Future for these assets?

Do you intend to come back and settle at Old Age?

I have started putting up my assets here both in liquid and physical becauseits safe here. For now I don't have any intention whatsoever of such in Naija. However, my siblings and parents are still alive, hence my visit.
As per my future plan's, maybe or maybe not,fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by kunle75(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
komzy589:

You're very apt on this .
I have heard alot of stories here in America that sounds like that
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by cooooooks(m): 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
Well, for sure they are likely saving 3 million plus in pension per year.

They wont have access to this money 99% of the time (unless it isna type that can be accessed temporarily to buy or renovate a house).

After taxes, pension, healthcare, they ahould be able to save 5 million. They will save 0 if their spouse doesnt work AND they have children.

harsysky:

God bless you! If they attend to their needs while being prudent, can't they save atleast 5million a year? Can 500k salary save that?
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by SPAMBOX7: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Simdyofficial:
grin Canada of course. Lots of opportunities.. oil company wey one alhaji son fit use his babe do me swap shocked

Magnito abeg give me that Canada jam grin
Swears grin
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by SPAMBOX7: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

20 million as a truck driver 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who are those telling you all these lies!

You just convert dollars to Naira and start fumbling.

Did the driver talk you how much he pays for the truck loan, insurance, gas, maintenance and all his personal expense.

Everyone will be a truck driver in Canada if it was that lucrative!

Las Las you never go the Canada but you don dey discourage people wey wan go with your sentimental analysis.
If 500k was king's money then why people dey japa.

Stay in Nigeria for 5 years with the king's money make person wey live for Canada 5 years working as a cleaner two shifts come back then make una compare.

Op you better japa to your Canada o. This guy fit be one of your village people sef cheesy
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by Semaj77(m): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
harsysky:

You are a f,,l! First class info! Have you changed dollar before? Be truthful to yourself; have you had euro in your hands and changed it before?

Why is everyone not into IT or medical line knowing they are paying well. I questioned your reasoning before and you are still giving me a cause to question more.

His point is very very valid
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by phemmyfour: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
MegaBozz:
You have been searching for a job for long but nothing came up. Then you decided to travel to Canada for a master's degree and then Japa all the way to hustle in Canada.

You were granted a visa and the day you are suppose to travel you get a call from an oil company you had dropped your CV to inform you that you have been given a job with a salary of N350k per month, an official car, private accommodation for 5 years and free medical care as a staff of the company.

Will you accept this job offer and turn down your travel to Canada or will you still travel and turn down the job offer.
I won't accept it. 350k can't do it in this economy.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by CoronaVirusPro: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Las Las you never go the Canada but you don dey discourage people wey wan go with your sentimental analysis.
If 500k was king's money then why people dey japa.

Stay in Nigeria for 5 years with the king's money make person wey live for Canada 5 years working as a cleaner two shifts come back then make una compare.

Op you better japa to your Canada o. This guy fit be one of your village people sef cheesy

They have corrupted you with stories!

Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by JASONjnr(m): 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Hello! I own two beach front properties in Canada.

I am not in category of people you will be telling lies to.

How much is the minimum wage of truck drivers in Canada!

You just be spewing gibberish like you talking to a villager!

Dahhhhhhh.... You can lie 🤥 🤥🤥🤥..... Woh!😳😳

You own wetin?

Laugh wan kill me...

I sided your argument until this came up!!!

Abeg, reduce this your lies biko.....

With your 30k BMC stipend...you go own two beach.... Not even rent..... You owned?

Boss..... I deh greet oh...... Woh!

1 Like

Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by CoronaVirusPro: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
JASONjnr:

Dahhhhhhh.... You can lie 🤥 🤥🤥🤥..... Woh!😳😳

You own wetin?

Laugh wan kill me...

I sided your argument until this came up!!!

Abeg, reduce this you5lies biko.....

With your 30k BMC stipend...you go own two beach.... Not even rent..... You owned?

Boss..... I deh greet oh...... Woh!

smh...
Re: Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad by heroshark(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Bad comparison!

The value you will get in Nigeria, is not same with that of Canada.

With 500k monthly in Nigeria, you are a king!

With $3000 monthly in Canada, you are still a pauper., but when you convert to Naira, you feel you are doing well.

Do you know how much rent, gas, groceries, phone and internet bills and not to mention the tax being sniffed out of you.

Your comparison is void. Value is different!

This is wrong! When you make statement like this it shows that you've never actually made much money in life.

Who told you that with 500k per month you are a king in Nigeria? With 500k in Nigeria you are just a regular Nigerian.
To buy a good Belgium car (2018 and above) will cost you and around 5-6million thats your 1year salary, so you will probably need to save for 3-4years to be able to afford it.

To earn 500k per month, you will need to be based in a city like Lagos, Abuja, PH, Warri or so and the average price to buy land and build a 3-4bedroom bungalow is atleast 20million, that's approximately your 4years salary, so you will need to save for atleast 10years to be able to afford it.

Totally that's 14years of savings to afford a Car and a House. How does that make you a king?

Someone based in Canada with a monthly income of $3000 will have a far better quality of life than you. He can pay all his bills and still save atleast 20% of his income, that's over 100% of your salary here in Nigeria already.

Another thing is that someone earning $3k per month in Canada is 100% certain that his wife will work and earn atleast $2k per month, which brings the total household income to $5k.

If you earn 500k in Nigeria, there is no guarantee that your wife will get a job that pays even if it's 150k.

PS: My analysis is based solely on the salary and not taking any side hustle or business into consideration as both parties can leverage that as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Natforce Calling / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26 / 9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.