Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. (21102 Views)

Two Masquerades Hit Night Club, Show Off Dance Moves (Video, Pictures) / How To Identify The 3 Major Nigerian Tribes (by B.O.E.) / Nigeria Tribes By Developmental Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
How is she useless? undecided undecided undecided
jaksmillioniar:
useless girl ur still on nairaland
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Why was SA artist singing in Yoruba? It's not like the whole song was in Yoruba.

If I asked why was Burna boy singing in Zulu in the song Jerusalem, wouldn't I be accused of being xenophobic by Nigerians? undecided undecided undecided
well burna boy was a featured artist, I get it that just a part of the song was in Yoruba, the major reason I asked, often times when artist sing in foreign language they always sample a very popular song from that language.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2023
Most part of the song was also in Tswana, the artist's home language.

Why do you make it seem like it's a taboo to sing in a foreign language
Shattuck:
well burna boy was a featured artist, I get it that just a part of the song was in Yoruba, the major reason I asked, often times when artist sing in foreign language they always sample a very popular song from that language.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Most part of the song was also in Tswana, the artist's home language.

Why do you make it seem like it's a taboo to sing in a foreign language
nah I don't think it is a taboo to sing in a foreign language, i appreciate the art. I just think there is always a backstory or a reason why an artist would sing in a foreign language, most especially one that is not so popular, except you are a featured artist, or you are sampling a popular lyrics, like I can't imagine Nasty C rapping in Hausa or Urhobo when he is neither being featured by a Nigerian artist or sampling a song, I don't think it's wrong to sing in a foreign language, I am just curious, what the inspiration is, their thought process, how they come about the idea of this language out of thousands of other languages.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2023
Well, that's South Africans for you, we love learning other languages.

How many languages can you speak?
Shattuck:
nah I don't think it is a taboo to sing in a foreign language, i appreciate the art. I just think there is always a backstory or a reason why an artist would sing in a foreign language, most especially one that is not so popular, except you are a featured artist, or you are sampling a popular lyrics, like I can't imagine Nasty C rapping in Hausa or Urhobo when he is neither being featured by a Nigerian artist or sampling a song, I don't think it's wrong to sing in a foreign language, I am just curious, what the inspiration is, their thought process, how they come about the idea of this language out of thousands of other languages.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, that's South Africans for you, we love learning other languages.

How many languages can you speak?
just two English and my native language, I know you are multi lingual which is great.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2023
What's your native language? Who knows? I might know few phrases too... grin grin grin
Shattuck:
just two English and my native language, I know you are multi lingual which is great.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
What's your native language? Who knows? I might know few phrases too... grin grin grin
I'm bini by tribe, I doubt you have heard the language before, this is not Mo ni fere 😂😂😂
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2023
Seems like I'll need to consult with Google... grin grin grin
Shattuck:
I'm bini by tribe, I doubt you have heard the language before, this is not Mo ni fere 😂😂😂
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Seems like I'll need to consult with Google... grin grin grin
😂😂😂 thank God for google, I was 99 percent sure you know nothing about the bini people.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2023
Wait, is that Benin King from the Bini tribe?
Shattuck:
😂😂😂 thank God for google, I was 99 percent sure you know nothing about the bini people.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Wait, is that Benin King from the Bini tribe?
yeah the very same, we have a strong tradition and history.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2023
I once read of how he married two sisters, so I became curious... I'm not active on Instagram, but I have a secret account there which I haven't posted anything on... grin grin grin

So I used the account to follow one of the sisters just to check how she's like being a sister wife to her own sister... It seemed like nothing much was happening in her life aside her being a seamstress... So I later unfollowed her.
Shattuck:
yeah the very same, we have a strong tradition and history.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
I once read of how he married two sisters, so I became curious... I'm not active on Instagram, but I have a secret account there which I haven't posted anything on... grin grin grin

So I used the account to follow one of the sisters just to check how she's like being a sister wife to her own sister... It seemed like nothing much was happening in her life aside her being a seamstress... So I later unfollowed her.
yes he indeed married two sisters, I don't consider being a wife of the king as exciting, I don't even consider the monarchy as exciting enough, I don't know ,maybe the siblings see it as an achievement or something, but they make enough money 🤑 the monarchical structure in Africa provides money and influence to some extent for them.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
But why does it seems like his wives are not taking advantage of his influence and connections by doing something profitable with their lives?

I mean if I was a wife of a rich king, I was gonna use his connections to build a legacy for myself and my family.

Being a seamstress is a job, but truth be told, it only pays peanuts.
Shattuck:
yes he indeed married two sisters, I don't consider being a wife of the king as exciting, I don't even consider the monarchy as exciting enough, I don't know ,maybe the siblings see it as an achievement or something, but they make enough money 🤑 the monarchical structure in Africa provides money and influence to some extent for them.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
But why does it seems like his wives are not taking advantage of his influence and connections by doing something profitable with their lives?

I mean if I was a wife of a rich king, I was gonna use his connections to build a legacy for myself and my family.

Being a seamstress is a job, but truth be told, it only pays peanuts.
they are a private family, they have wealth that may not be that visible to the public, not every wife care about legacy some of them just want the easy life of comfort and wealth, I was told in the past you can't even reject the king if he decides he wants you to be his wife, I don't know how true this is.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
Haa! So he's like the Swaziland king... Apparently he sent his royal guards to abduct one of his wives when she was only 18, hid her in the palace for about a year and the next time the public saw her she was his wife.

Her family tried everything in their power to get her released from the palace and brought back home by even reporting the matter to the police and proceeding to the courts.

But as the absolute monarch and the ruler of Swaziland, nothing happened, he even impregnated her before he could marry her.
Shattuck:
they are a private family, they have wealth that may not be that visible to the public, not every wife care about legacy some of them just want the easy life of comfort and wealth, I was told in the past you can't even reject the king if he decides he wants you to be his wife, I don't know how true this is.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Haa! So he's like the Swaziland king... Apparently he sent his royal guards to abduct one of his wives when she was only 18, hid her in the palace for about a year and the next time the public saw her she was his wife.

Her family tried everything in their power to get her released from the palace and brought back home by even reporting the matter to the police and proceeding to the courts.

But as the absolute monarch and the ruler of Swaziland, nothing happened, he even impregnated her before he could marry her.
damn what happens to fundamental human right atleast our's was in the ancient times, but the eswatini guy is something else, his M.O is the same as boko haram's, like him they kidnapped some girls some years back and eventually they forced these girls into marriage. They both have something in common, one of the disadvantages of absolute power.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
Since the practice was done in the ancient times, can a woman now reject your king if he asks her to be his wife?
Shattuck:
damn what happens to fundamental human right atleast our's was in the ancient times, but the eswatini guy is something else, his M.O is the same as boko haram's, like him they kidnapped some girls some years back and eventually they forced these girls into marriage. They both have something in common, one of the disadvantages of absolute power.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shattuck(m): 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Since the practice was done in the ancient times, can a woman now reject your king if he asks her to be his wife?
well I have never experienced such scenerio, but I think yes, constitutional laws have overridden some of their powers. Which I think is great, nobody wants the Swazi situation.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by Shaneroberts: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by tollyboy5(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
Those werey zulu are the best, energetic and bautiful, followed by xhosa. Those xhosa na dem get legwork lol grin. Batswana are very cultural, their looking like chinese ancestors or chinese lost in Africa.

Na the three best i mention so.
Re: Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves. by neutralmind: 5:22am On Dec 10, 2023
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'It Is Audio Suspension': Oluwo Of Iwo Laughs Off Suspension Report (Video) / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.