Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? (1159 Views)

From Neighbors To Husband And Wife (Photos) / Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 2:00am On Oct 16, 2023
If you wife or your woman tells you she is "entitled to her privacy" after she caught you checking her WhatsApp messages. What does it mean?

Is she saying she is keeping something away from the husband? or that she is keeping extra marital or another relationship.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Reminderz: 5:00am On Oct 16, 2023
for your own peace of mind, don't check your wife's phone... and I wouldn't expect her to check mine as well... what's in my phone is my business because she's not the reason why I bought it in the first place and I would be conducting lot of businesses including private ones in it so I don't expect her to start ransacking my phone..

but one thing is, if you show her you're too caring or insecure to know who she's chatting with or contacting, she will either use it against you by coming up with other plans to conduct her "business" and make it seem she's not cheating or she will take your love for granted because when a man is loved up and invested in the commitment, that's when he start monitoring his wife around..

one tip is, always let her free her mind when she's with you, even when you see her chatting, as long as she's not interfering with your business or hindering what she's suppose to do, act totally unconcerned... if she sees that you don't care about this, she will one day unfortunately drop her guard and you'll be able to catch her red-handed... or if you notice she's unnecessary secretive with her phone, like she doesn't even leave her phone down with you for any moment or by putting her phone on flight or DND, then something is fishy.. she's either cheating or planning to...

Women are much smarter than most men, she might be cheating and you'll never suspect her nor will she ever leave any traces on where you can easily find them, like her phone.. so just because she leaves her phone with you doesn't always mean she's totally faithful, you have to stay sharp... most men that caught their wife cheating never saw it coming...

7 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 5:12am On Oct 16, 2023
Reminderz:
for your own peace of mind, don't check your wife's phone... and I wouldn't expect her to check mine as well... what's in my phone is my business because she's not the reason why I bought it in the first place and I would be conducting lot of businesses including private ones in it so I don't expect her to start ransacking my phone..

but one thing is, if you show her you're too caring or insecure to know who she's chatting with or contacting, she will either use it against you by coming up with other plans to conduct her "business" and make it seem she's not cheating or she will take your love for granted because when a man is loved up and invested in the commitment, that's when he start monitoring his wife around..

one tip is, always let her free her mind when she's with you, even when you see her chatting, as long as she's not interfering with your business or hindering what she's suppose to do, act totally unconcerned... if she sees that you don't care about this, she will one day unfortunately drop her guard and you'll be able to catch her red-handed... or if you notice she's unnecessary secretive with her phone, like she doesn't even leave her phone down with you for any moment or by putting her phone on flight or DND, then something is fishy.. she's either cheating or planning to...

Women are much smarter than most men, she might be cheating and you'll never suspect her nor will she ever leave any traces on where you can easily find them, like her phone.. so just because she leaves her phone with you doesn't always mean she's totally faithful, you have to stay sharp... most men that caught their wife cheating never saw it coming...

You are absolutely right
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Lalami3232(m): 5:13am On Oct 16, 2023
No privacy

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 5:19am On Oct 16, 2023
Lalami3232:
No privacy

They are supposed to be one.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Hollyharjii: 5:28am On Oct 16, 2023
The simple answer is 'NO'
But, if there is no genuine love then the answer will be 'YES'

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 5:31am On Oct 16, 2023
Hollyharjii:
The simple answer is 'NO'
But, if there is no genuine love then the answer will be 'YES'
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Little21: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2023
There is privacy. Just because you are married, doesn't mean you have to know all that's going on in her life.
You have your life to live, and she also as her's as well.
There are many things going on in one's life. Family issues, business issues.
Must you know all that's going own in your partner's life? Mustn't she have a say in her life?
As long as, you are both doing okay in your own family together, live her own personal issues.
There must be amount of privacy in one's relationship. Don't go around letting your partner know all that's going on with you.
It doesn't work like that.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Exceed15: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2023
If you don't want to die of Hbp stay away from your spouse phone

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by reddingtonblack: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2023
daylay7:

They are supposed to be one.

They are "SUPPOSED" to be, buh the reality and fact remains they are two entities.

As much as couple should share an open Life, 100% is not feasible, as humans there are one or two things you will hold back which is best for your interest.
You know your spouse has insecurity and jealous issues ... definitely you shouldnt tell such partner every advances you get outside, if not for anything atleast for peace.

100% is not feasible but the personality of the partner determines the range of openness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by talk2hb1(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2023
daylay7:
If you wife or your woman tells you she is "entitled to her privacy" after she caught you checking her WhatsApp messages. What does it mean?

Is she saying she is keeping something away from the husband? or that she is keeping extra marital or another relationship.
Yes There are

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
Little21:
There is privacy. Just because you are married, doesn't mean you have to know all that's going on in her life.
You have your life to live, and she also as her's as well.
There are many things going on in one's life. Family issues, business issues.
Must you know all that's going own in your partner's life? Mustn't she have a say in her life?
As long as, you are both doing okay in your own family together, live her own personal issues.
There must be amount of privacy in one's relationship. Don't go around letting your partner know all that's going on with you.
It doesn't work like that.

Then that has defeated the purpose of marriage. They should be one but not two separate bodies. Any issues from both families should be handled together.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
reddingtonblack:

They are "SUPPOSED" to be, buh the reality and fact remains they are two entities.

As much as couple should share an open Life, 100% is not feasible, as humans there are one or two things you will hold back which is best for your interest.
You know your spouse has insecurity and jealous issues ... definitely you shouldnt tell such partner every advances you get outside, if not for anything atleast for peace.

100% is not feasible but the personality of the partner determines the range of openness

Yes, two entities coming together to become one. Why should I be around you if I don't trust you? Why should I be around you if i don't know what you do or doing?
They are to be one.

Yes, 100% might be feasible but that is the goal. But if the wife or the husband is keepings little things like phones, car keys away from the wife, then there is a trouble somewhere.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by reddingtonblack: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
daylay7:

Yes, two entities coming together to become one. Why should I be around you if I don't trust you? Why should I be around you if i don't know what you do or doing?
They are to be one.

Yes, 100% might be feasible but that is the goal. But if the wife or the husband is keepings little things like phones, car keys away from the wife, then there is a trouble somewhere.

In marriage its no longer a question of "why should i be around you or i don't know what you are doing ?
Those question are for dating/courtship level before we move into marriage,
1.Trust must have being eatablished
2.You must have known your partner to a larger extent before you walk down the aisle ..

A yoruba adage says you don't walk into water and start screaming "cold" i.e you don't walk into marriage and start forming sherlock holmes on your partner.

A yoruba adage also says, there is no point being friends with someone you've always suspect.

As far as LIFE is concern 100% visible, couple can't share there lives 100% there are somethings you won't just share not becos you don't love your partner BUT it is in your own best interest. roger that

Like i said the personality of your partner will determine the range of openness, i don't know why anyone will hide car key but phone is personal, your wife or kids can continue using your car after you die but your phone number dies with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
reddingtonblack:

In marriage its no longer a question of "why should i be around you or i don't know what you are doing ?
Those question are for dating/courtship level before we move into marriage,
1.Trust must have being eatablished
2.You must have known your partner to a larger extent before you walk down the aisle ..

A yoruba adage says you don't walk into water and start screaming "cold" i.e you don't walk into marriage and start forming sherlock holmes on your partner.

A yoruba adage also says, there is no point being friends with someone you've always suspect.

As far as LIFE is concern 100% visible, couple can't share there lives 100% there are somethings you won't just share not becos you don't love your partner BUT it is in your own best interest. roger that

Like i said the personality of your partner will determine the range of openness, i don't know why anyone will hide car key but phone is personal, your wife or kids can continue using your car after you die but your phone number dies with you
grin grin You know Phone number does not die in Nigeria. The service provider would simply give the number to someone else.

Yes, those points you mentioned must have been established before marriage. But what of a situation when there was pretense during the courtship either from any of them. Some years ago, a woman killed her husband for allegedly marrying another wife. About 10 years ago as well, a man killed his wife over infidelity. My point is, if you know you can't cope or manage the situation with your spouse, leave!

If I can't share my live with you 100%, why are a couple?

Note: I really appreciate your takes and intellect on this issue.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by Little21: 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
daylay7:

Then that has defeated the purpose of marriage. They should be one but not two separate bodies. Any issues from both families should be handled together.
I said if it involves the both of you, then you have the right to know. But if it isn't involving both of you, then just keep out.
She may wanna talk about it with you if she feels like, but you don't go around wanting to find out what's going on, by invading her privacy.
If she talks about it, fine and if she doesn't, just let her handle it.
Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by GOFRONT(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2023
My Boss wife be saying."she will never check oga's phone". Now me and oga travelled recently. After checking In my hotel room, Oga picked another different location of hotel.

Before I know, my oga wife don dey blast my phone wit calls. She say oga number number switch off. Madam give me wahala that night no be small.........but sha, I know say oga don control one for the night.

Madam, try be checking oga's phone once in a while. E get why.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Privacy Among Husband And Wife In A Marriage? by daylay7(m): 2:42am On Oct 22, 2023
GOFRONT:
My Boss wife be saying."she will never check oga's phone". Now me and oga travelled recently. After checking In my hotel room, Oga picked another different location of hotel.

Before I know, my oga wife don dey blast my phone wit calls. She say oga number number switch off. Madam give me wahala that night no be small.........but sha, I know say oga don control one for the night.

Madam, try be checking oga's phone once in a while. E get why.

grin grin grin grin This is hilarious.

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Day: Ladies Can You Get Married To A Gynecologist? / Am Confussed. / Val Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.