Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree (15738 Views)

"Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board / 3 Former Governors Receive Operational Licenses To Float Universities / Why Does A Dead Body Float In Water, While A Live Body Sinks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Judolisco(m): 7:20am On Oct 16, 2023
Top up programs dat is being run my many universities?
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Chetas81(m): 7:21am On Oct 16, 2023
ehikwe22:
There shouldn't be any dichotomy between these two institutions - it doesn't make any sense at all. HND should be equivalent of Bsc.
THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by danowena: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2023
ehikwe22:
There shouldn't be any dichotomy between these two institutions - it doesn't make any sense at all. HND should be equivalent of Bsc.
i disagree. The curriculum is different. A mechanic is not an engineer. Hnd should do top up programmes to become degree holders.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by IamANigerianMan: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's particularly strange that NBTE is headed by a Professor yet could attempt to act so brazenly.
He should actually be queried by the Head of Service for such irresponsible behaviour.

This is how chaos of monumental proportions are started in the educational sector and years down the line, it will be another big problem when those with such audio certificates are declared illegal. Even a primary school pupil knows that only universities can give a degree certificate and if a diploma-awarding institution wants to award degree, it either upgrades to a university or transfer the training of her diploma holders to a full fledged university accredited by the NUC.

That Executive Secretary of the NBTE, Professor Idirs Bugaje, must be queried and, if found culpable, sanctioned. Which kind of Professor is this? Check my signature for free stuffs!

Mr. Bsc tell me one thing you have contributed to the society aside been a nuisance.. ?

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Riversstate: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2023
You do HND for four years, one year compulsory internship and then go for service and you say BSC big pass??

On what ground??

7 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Riversstate: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's particularly strange that NBTE is headed by a Professor yet could attempt to act so brazenly.
He should actually be queried by the Head of Service for such irresponsible behaviour.

This is how chaos of monumental proportions are started in the educational sector and years down the line, it will be another big problem when those with such audio certificates are declared illegal. Even a primary school pupil knows that only universities can give a degree certificate and if a diploma-awarding institution wants to award degree, it either upgrades to a university or transfer the training of her diploma holders to a full fledged university accredited by the NUC.

That Executive Secretary of the NBTE, Professor Idirs Bugaje, must be queried and, if found culpable, sanctioned. Which kind of Professor is this? Check my signature for free stuffs!

You are the biggest fool on this platform

So someone will do four years in HND, one year compulsory internship and then service and you say BSC big pass

On what grounds?? Ode
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by guidelight: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2023
NUC is living in the past. The same certificate mentality that has made Politicians and leaders to become master forgers. They should give room for people to show abilities and not certificates.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by wunmi590(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2023
dfrost:

Na people wey still dey waste time dey look for conversion.

Work your years of experience up, do relevant certifications, acquire business skills in addition to whatever skills you have an do an MBA and move up to the C level.

Unless you are looking at lecturing in the future, then get going with PGD, Masters and PhD.

Well said
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Ameduedwin: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2023
that's the thing that kíll Nigeria employment system, discrimination, certification and all that,

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by OlujobaSamuel: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2023
They don turn am to politics, the best thing is to do like Lagos State, turn all polytechnics to universities, make NBTE redundant, scrap it, rebrand NUC.
I obviously knew it would result to this, that's why I was against NBTE decision when it was announced a while ago.
For those claiming admission requirements, it's the same requirements, I have the two, the curriculum is also the same, I didn't learn anything different, except for ego that I'm now having so so qualification.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by crossbreedwears(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2023
You're wrong bro! GEJ's wife influenced girls enrolling into Academy. However, the military training in the academy has not dropped at al because i am talking from experience. Infact you need the see the numbers of cadets that dashed away due to high standard of training also these tiltok officers you see are willing to do the needful whej being called upon duty. The issues of officers and soldiers dieing in thr NE is more than what you understand.
jaxin119:
One year crash programme is not sufficient enough to cover the extremely detailed course outline of the average university modules. Polytechnic course outline is very slim/limited and designed for middle level manpower.

That is how the GEJ's administration made a strategic mistake by introducing girls into the Nigerian Defence Academy resulting to reduced level of military training accross board. Today the result is the production of tiktok officers and excessive dead of officers and men in the North East.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by crossbreedwears(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2023
A private university just need 150 score in jamb just to secure admission
adecz:
undecided

You want degree,
go university, SIMPLE🔴🔵🔴

A nurse can never become a
doctor in 100 years unless they
go to medical school.

Even the minimum requirements for
Polytechnics admission is less than that
Universities.

Haba❗️❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Jking20(m): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2023
Hemeenworth:
Only fools look down on Hnd

Though I'm a bsc holder

Only fools doesn't know the difference between B.sc and HND...more like only those who graduated with third class doesn't know their difference between degree and polytechnic.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by ennyelias: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You are not reasonable with this your assertion at all. The Prof should be sanctioned just because he is only trying to help the HND graduates level up with the bias dichotomy. There are one year top up degrees in the UK and other countries abroad. Beside the Bsc will not be issued by NBTE but a partnering university, get that straight

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by ehikwe22: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2023
danowena:
i disagree. The curriculum is different. A mechanic is not an engineer. Hnd should do top up programmes to become degree holders.
You don't get it. Degree and HND can be the same level and have the same acceptance without one being discriminated. I didn't say they should be awarded degrees.
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by jaxin119: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2023
crossbreedwears:
You're wrong bro! GEJ's wife influenced girls enrolling into Academy. However, the military training in the academy has not dropped at al because i am talking from experience. Infact you need the see the numbers of cadets that dashed away due to high standard of training also these tiltok officers you see are willing to do the needful whej being called upon duty. The issues of officers and soldiers dieing in thr NE is more than what you understand.

Thanks for your submissions.

Talking of my knowledge of soldiering and the NE, from my wordings, you should know that my military bearings dates back to the era of 63NA to date.

Let's not talk much on public forum.

Cheers bro!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by ennyelias: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Mr. Bsc tell me one thing you have contributed to the society aside been a nuisance.. ?
You dey mind that one with his too know

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by adecz: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2023
crossbreedwears:
A private university just need 150 score in jamb just to secure admission

Originally, you needed minimum of
4 credits to enter Polytechnics, while
it was always 5 for universities. It was
students that couldn't make 5 credits
that went to polys.

Private universities are commercial,
profit making businesses. I'm sure some
may even accept 130. What they are
interested in is to give you admission to
enable them harvest your school fees of
over 1million & above.
The more they can admit, the better for
their survival as a business venture.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by edydeyemi(m): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2023
dfrost:

Na people wey still dey waste time dey look for conversion.

Work your years of experience up, do relevant certifications, acquire business skills in addition to whatever skills you have and do an MBA and move up to the C level.

Gbamsolutely!
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by slimmax: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2023
I have both and are basically the same thing I did. One splits the courses the other combines. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by sulakishop(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2023
Kin sha ti lowo
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by dfrost: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2023
ehikwe22:

This is Africa especially Nigeria. There's dichotomy in everything we do 🤣😝.
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by ATKenzy(m): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2023
How many of the degree holders have jobs, there are many HND holders that are even doing more better than the degree holders..last last na wetin go put for for table man de look for..

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by hotspec(m): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

you didn't follow the story properly.
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by kingjoe(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2023
Please those in us and uk should enlighten me because I don't agree that there should be a dichotomy.
Is it how other countries operate.
I'm asking because I believe hnd should be scrapped if it can't be harmonized.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by flexyrule(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2023
WES to the rescue.

HND to Msc in the UK/US straight up.

Or HND top-up to Msc in 3 years... Get a Bsc and Msc.
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by crossbreedwears(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2023
I understand you bro. My Step father was 63NA.
jaxin119:

Thanks for your submissions.

Talking of my knowledge of soldiering and the NE, from my wordings, you should know that my military bearings dates back to the era of 63NA to date.

Let's not talk much on public forum.

Cheers bro!!

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by crossbreedwears(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2023
A lot has changed in recent times sir. Nigerian education is backward
adecz:

Originally, you needed minimum of
4 credits to enter Polytechnics, while
it was always 5 for universities. It was
students that couldn't make 5 credits
that went to polys.

Private universities are commercial,
profit making businesses. I'm sure some
may even accept 130. What they are
interested in is to give you admission to
enable them harvest your school fees of
over 1million & above.
The more they can admit, the better for
their survival as a business venture.

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Neyoohpompy(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2023
Do you have money? Even if you have certificate without money you are a gonna. Dey play
dfrost:

Which of them you get? 🤣 We will listen to you if you have all that you listed else...
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by danowena: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2023
ehikwe22:
You don't get it. Degree and HND can be the same level and have the same acceptance without one being discriminated. I didn't say they should be awarded degrees.
It's you that don't get it. An o level certificate can't equal an A level certificate. To make o level equal, further studies must be done which is what the NBTE is trying to do. Even in the developed world, they are not equal.
Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by Lifestone(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2023
danowena:
The NUC better get off their high horses. The world has moved past that. There are top up degrees in the UK, europe, Australia, Canada and America.
I know a guy who has a HND from the uk, he did a one year top up in the uk, got admited to a masters. Got a very good job in the oil and gas industry in nigeria here. Has now gone to the US for another masters and plans to further to PHd.
Let the NUC keep Nigeria's education system in the stone ages when the world has moved beyond that. Nigeria will be left behind then as usual we start looking for short cuts to fix it.
It's not the NUC that has problems here. NBTE should wait till appropriate laws are amended before starting things like that.

1 Like

Re: NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree by dfrost: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2023
Neyoohpompy:
Do you have money? Even if you have certificate without money you are a gonna. Dey play

My helper is that you? I don't have any. Please help your boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Government Didn't Ban History In Schools / JAMB Officials Got Bribes From CBT Centres To Alter UTME Results - Oloyede / University Of Benin, Uniben Post Ume 2010/2011 Result Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.