Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana (27932 Views)

APC State Chairmen From Northwest Endorse Ganduje For Chairman Position / 2022 Insecurity: Deaths By Geopolitical Zone (infographic) / Alcohol Consumption In Nigeria Per Geopolitical Zone - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Coolgent(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
Apt
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Jlow2: 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
It’s a welcome development, it will only be a problem when oluwole pple will open their gutter mouth if another tribe those the same, 8years will be like 8months to sumone whom those not know what he is doing, ask buhari why he failed, nepotism.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by fergie001: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Falana is talking about EFCC and ICPC but cannot talk about Tinubu’s forgery and identity theft.

I don’t want to believe that Falana is just another CORN man😏
Falana was Tinubu's counsel on this same Certificate issues when it came up in 1999.

Falana stood in for Tinubu against Fawehinmi (whom Keyamo worked for at the time). For him to speak now, will be double-speak.

So he has vested interests for or against and will not speak about it.

On the forgery issue, the SC cannot accept new evidence that didn't translate from the lower Court. The lawyers themselves know, the main issues will arise in 2027, not this one.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Sermwell(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Kukutente23:
Falana did not quote which part of the law says that

That’s because you are a zombie and don’t know how to read!! Check for section 14 of the constitution on federal character!! Weyrey!!!
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by lapintoz: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Small yansh dey shake.....

You never seen anything yet....una go wail tire.

[quote author=Macdeey post=126435684]Tinubu is far worst than Bubu grin grin grin[/quote
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Penguin2: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
fergie001:

Falana was Tinubu's counsel on this same Certificate issues when it came up in 1999.

Falana stood in for Tinubu against Fawehinmi (whom Keyamo worked for at the time). For him to speak now, will be double-speak.

On the forgery issue, the SC cannot accept new evidence that didn't translate from the lower Court. The lawyers themselves know, the main issues will arise in 2027, not this one.

I understand Falana’s precarious situation as regards the the case but with new evidences and facts now established, isn’t what someone like him who claim to be honorable supposed to do be to retract from whatever position he had taken in the past?

And about new evidence at the Supreme Court, i thought the lower court already have these documents through the evidence of the Atiku witness who got these documents through subpoena from CSU? Or have we all forgotten?
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by orisa37: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
SUPPORTED.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by domnwan(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
As long as there's nothing wrong with same faith ticket, Nigerians wailing should go to bed and wake up after 4years if they have suddenly developed sense.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by LegacyB: 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are emotional and missing the point

There is nothing lik North or south

When Jonathan was in power Yoruba was marginalized
When Buhari was in power what did he do for the people of kwara, Kogi, Benue Taraba

So stop talking about North and South let everybody answer his father's name

We have Fulani , Hausa, Berom,Tiv, Idoma, Igala, Ebira, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw , Efik, Ibo, Urhobo etc

There is nothing like North and south
Nooo nothing emotional about this. Yes I agree during Jonathan we were heavily marginalized. In fact I believe Jonathan is till the worst President till date. Buhari too was nepotistic. But that’s not enough justification for Tinubu to follow suit. We’ve got to start doing the right things somehow and somewhere.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by PROPHETmichael: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
seunmsg:
The ICPC chairman will be removed and replaced with someone from the north.

Under Buhari, we saw how one region cornered all the appointments and despite all the protest from other regions, nothing happened.

Ain't Tinubu's fan but he will be a fool to remove the man inorder to satisfy federal character.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by fergie001: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
Penguin2:
I understand Falana’s precarious situation as regards the the case but with new evidences and facts now established, isn’t what someone like him who claim to be honorable supposed to do be to retract from whatever position he had taken in the past?
It's his decision. Perhaps he is still celebrating his wife been conferred a SAN last week.

And about new evidence at the Supreme Court, i thought the lower court already have these documents through the evidence of the Atiku witness who got these documents through subpoena from CSU? Or have we all forgotten?
The documents were dumped on the tribunal. No witnesses from CSU and even the recent written depositions were not before the lower Court.

What was before the Court was the Diploma with which he got admitted to CSU. Like for example, the Govt College 1970 issue was unknown.
It took the rulings of the Court for CSU to give it to Atiku's lawyers only but recently.

The witnesses from CSU have to be in Court via subpoena. The only time the Supreme Court can accept any new evidence is if it bothers on JURISDICTION.

I have said it many times that Atiku has no intention of pursuing Tinubu in 2023, he wants him (Tinubu) out of 2027.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Navalsadiq(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
Saao:
anywhere Belle face. You're doing well
doing which well or he has plungged Nigeria and Nigerians into more hardship.he had better reverse his policy else he will be forced out of office sooner than expected

Talking jibrish
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Freebills12: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Burob:
That is what we mean by the prerogative of the President, who do you want to go & report the president to that he violated some nonsensical federal character principle?

How can federal character enshrined in Nigerian constitution be nonsensical? A law that promotes equity, justice and peace? Are you not for peace?
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by garfield1: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
fergie001:

I heard Elisha abbo lost
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by fergie001: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
garfield1:

I heard Elisha abbo lost
Yes he did. I am waiting for the details.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by WAPINATION: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
I dont support Tinubu and his policies so far but you see this his appointments of his Yoruba kinsmen into high end positions I love it. when Buhari did same favoring the North what did the northern elites say about that now Power has shifted and they want to start crying…Yoruba Ronu joor …
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Sleekfingers: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/appointing-efcc-icpc-chairmen-from-same-geopolitical-zone-unlawful-falana/?amp

You made a valid point.......But ati fi oje bo, olosa lowo, oku baba eni ti o ma bo......
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by APCNig: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
We have done it, and nobody can do anything about it
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by APCNig: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Saao:

Not everyone is wretched like you
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by APCNig: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Falana is talking about EFCC and ICPC but cannot talk about Tinubu’s forgery and identity theft.

I don’t want to believe that Falana is just another CORN man😏

Mention one single person in your family whose life achievements can be compared to that of Femi Falana
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by BlackFlamefromP: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Rotten vultures licking Tinubu's ass on nairaland will be quick to tell you that Buhari did the same.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Penguin2: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
fergie001:

It's his decision. Perhaps he is still celebrating his wife been conferred a SAN last week.

The documents were dumped on the tribunal. No witnesses from CSU and even the recent written depositions were not before the lower Court.

What was before the Court was the Diploma with which he got admitted to CSU. Like for example, the Govt College 1970 issue was unknown.
It took the rulings of the Court for CSU to give it to Atiku's lawyers only but recently.

The witnesses from CSU have to be in Court via subpoena. The only time the Supreme Court can accept any new evidence is if it bothers on JURISDICTION.

I have said it many times that Atiku has no intention of pursuing Tinubu in 2023, he wants him (Tinubu) out of 2027.

Well, the last thing I wanna do right now is go back and forth on anything that regards what the courts are going rule as regards the election. They can even go ahead and say that the 2022 Electoral Act was wrongly signed just to spare Tinubu. That’s their business.

But I followed the case at the Tribunal and I remember that these documents were all submitted to the PEPT through Atiku’s witness who got them from CSU through subpoena.

The discrepancies we have now were all noticed there.

The Southwest College degree with “F” on it was among what was submitted as well.

So, there’s nothing Atiku got from CSU that is not already before the court. What he has just succeeded in doing now is that he succeeded in putting more force of law to the documents.

Lastly, I don’t understand what you people mean when say evidence was dumped on the court…. All these are just jargons that the courts use to overlook the merit of a case and dwell into technicalities.

Or how about Peter Mbah’s case?

NYSC shouted on top of their voices on TV and in court that they did not issue Mbah’s NYSC certificate but the Tribunal still went ahead and ruled rubbish. Was that also dumped on the court? Was it not spoken to?
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by slivertongue: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
seunmsg:
The ICPC chairman will be removed and replaced with someone from the north.

wow which means you agree with him but I expect you to support your principal's position. Your position though speculative ain't gonna happen, other supporters are good with it.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Gajagojo: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
LegacyB:

Nooo nothing emotional about this. Yes I agree during Jonathan we were heavily marginalized. In fact I believe Jonathan is till the worst President till date. Buhari too was nepotistic. But that’s not enough justification for Tinubu to follow suit. We’ve got to start doing the right things somehow and somewhere.
Again you miss my point

Whether Tinubu is following suit or not is not the point

The point is North South dichotomy is not the right way to judge federal character

There is nothing like south

We have ethnic groups . That is the correct unit to use .

If you use North South you will end up doing harm like Jonathan did
Jonathan did not maginalize the south he marginalized Yoruba

Now this claim about Tinubu , is it true? Is EFCC/ICPC North /South the way to test that hypothesis?

I disagree

What is so special about EFCC/IPCC

The state is the unit of federal character . NOT North/South
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by kissdabride: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/appointing-efcc-icpc-chairmen-from-same-geopolitical-zone-unlawful-falana/?amp
where are you when buhari appointed all northerner and Islamic fanatic into key post in Nigeria... Though I did not support APC satanic party and will never in my life
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Prodigy777(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Guess it's also his prerogative to also sleep with your wife!
LeoDeKing:
That's prerogative of the president
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by glozyyy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Falana can cry me a river., When buhari gave northerners the whole appointment in his time. What did u all do. I love tinubu on this with my whole heart
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by garfield1: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
fergie001:
Yes he did. I am waiting for the details.

They said he was sacked and replaced with pdp.i wonder why.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Uchek(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
The president operates under a constitution that controls his prerogative, right?

Saao:
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by fergie001: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Penguin2:
You will agree with me that this recent depositions only took place either this month or late last month.

They were not before the tribunal.

When they say a document is dumped before the Court is when it is tendered from the bar and the maker of the document does not come to testify to that document. South West (or Daley) College did not send depositions or even appeared before the tribunal, same as CSU.

The witness (even if he appeared before the tribunal) is not the maker of that document.

You must speak to those documents.

In the case of Peter Mbah, it is State Capture which can still be redeemed as we go upwards the Court.
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by Mayeldah(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
SW can have it all, Buhari started it, we complained but they said we are wailers

when Obi enters, he can appoint Ibos into all positions, everyone to his own ethnic group

Let's keep deceiving ourselves!
Re: Appointing EFCC, ICPC Chairmen From Same Geopolitical Zone Unlawful– Falana by abbey621(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Federal Character that has yielded bullshit so far.....To hell with that, if Tinubu likes make he put Yorubas for every sector, koko na performance!

Anybody that's wailing about federal character is still on a long thing, that angle don cast, whether you put your brother or a total stranger, your reign will be judged based on performance....People are already angry and the next election might be the one to END IT ALL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Intensifies Battle Against B/haram, Over 600 Terrorists Killed... / Court Of Appeals Sacks Seven APC Lawmakers In Ogun / FG Blames Police, Army, Customs For High Cost Of Food..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.