Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport (43672 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by legitnow1: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
HAVE I NOT TOLD ABIA STATE TO BUILD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT?

THERE IS NOTHING IN PORT HARCOURT THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN ABIA.

THIS MAN LIFE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CUT SHORT.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Emdebby2: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2023
So sad!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Bigchristo: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Yewandequeen(f): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:

A* A* A* horrible...
thanks

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by themanderon: 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
You may not even have time to react.

With bad roads like the one in this case, you could be in your lane inching forward with several vehicles ahead of you. The other lane with traffic heading in the opposite direction is also moving slowly...and suddenly, there is a trailer plus container beside you. If the container loses balance and you are fortunate that it tips over slowly, you may have enough time to escape through the passengers side of your car. Unfortunately, the more likely scenario is that the container will tip over quickly and in the panic and confusion, the average driver of the smaller car won't stand a chance.

I thought I knew how to drive until the day I was negotiating a sharp bend up a very steep hill in the early 2000s on a road trip through Ondo and Kogi states (en route to Abuja), only to see a huge trailer racing down the same hill at exactly the same time. I cannot put into words the cold fear that I felt that day - I literally froze on the steering wheel as I waited for the inevitable. Fortunately for me, that trailer driver took that bend like a professional and I lived to see another day. He was speeding very fast so if he had lost control and swerved out of his lane, I would have been crushed and ground to powder. All of this happened in less than five seconds.

That day humbled me and I haven't forgotten it. Its an awful thing to have your life in someone else's hands, hoping and praying he doesn't make a mistake.

RIP to the late Akuma. The government has his blood on its hands.

Only God will help us I always tell people if you are driving drive for yourself and others. You cannot tell if there is a lunatic trying to get himself and others killed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by thatigboman: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Dymaco:
Don't ride beside this big container truck, drivers will never hear. This truck can fall at anytime in a bad road. Rip to him
something is seriously wrong with you and those that liked this your comment.
Was the car behind the trailer or were they on the opposite sides?
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by MirrorofChrist: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
Don't think it's ordinary, it's questionable 🤔
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by thatigboman: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
highchief1:
as a driver u don’t stay side by side with a container.it’s not done,I’m either in front or behind.nobody survives it
they were travelling on the opposite sides!!! Haba, even with the picture, u still didn't get?
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Drsmartphilips: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2023
what a terrible way to die
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Drsmartphilips: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
some goats will blame tinubu instead of holding their politicians by the balls
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Bimpe29: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gmajor(m): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
If it was in my area

I'm 2000% sure that driver of that truck would have been beaten to death by now.

You need to make example out of people

Only then these truck drivers will come to their senses..

Because these evil truck drivers endanger lives of many people daily on the road

And majority of them just don't give a Bleep

I saw one truck still driving after one of the tires got burst. They don't care about the lives of others on the road..

Then they carry faulty truck and enter bad road..
Wtf do you expect to happen?

You and the people who live in your area are pure evil.
You are no better than the devil.
Tụfịakwa!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by rickleye: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Crap his time was up !!
What a way to go ! Did the driver survive!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Kingzjayzee: 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
R.I.P to the dead. But He should have avoided that container by all means. Now, flight u no catch. Life u don lose. No hurry in life guys. It's better to be late than be the late. Soo unfortunate bro.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by highchief1: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
thatigboman:
they were travelling on the opposite sides!!! Haba, even with the picture, u still didn't get?
I didn’t really observe the pics
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by highchief1: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
SKYHIGHfx:
Nothing day this life
especially for Nigeria for abroad small thg dey the life.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by bengunsman(m): 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
GYBABA:
The way I shouted Jesus when I saw how the container crushed his car ehn even shocked me. I hope painful death evades me. He come be like say his death was planned. Another person sitting just beside him would have been totally safe. God abeg.
Death is painless, pain does not kill you, its the inability of the heart to stop functioning, thats what leads to death. Thus is why people die in their sleep without feeling any pain.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Nonywendy(m): 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
Timoleon:
Ogwu ego undecided
Get sense. Na why poverty dey worry u. Once someone is doing well u tag it ogwu ego
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Nefort: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
If it was in my area

I'm 2000% sure that driver of that truck would have been beaten to death by now.

Because these evil truck drivers endanger lives of many people daily on the road

I saw one truck still driving after one of the tires got burst. They don't care about the lives of others on the road..

Why are you so sure it was the truck driver's fault?
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Pauliaette(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Sad news again
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Poleski: 12:07am On Oct 17, 2023
Never ever try to drive beside or overtake a truck on a bad road. Be patient until the truck is on a well leveled road before overtaking it.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by UnabashedIPOB: 12:53am On Oct 17, 2023
What a 4ucked up society!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gerrard59(m): 7:53am On Oct 17, 2023
ednut1:
See road in an oil producing state. Umahi abeg fix this road

State governments who wait for the FG to fix FG's roads are stoopid. Akpabio did not wait for Jonathan before he worked on federal roads in the state. I think Buhari even go-ahead to state governments to fix bad roads then later request payment from the FG. From the report, e fit be say the road na from the Abia side.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gerrard59(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2023
When advocates of japa mention being crushed by trailers, I overlook or underestimate the reality of it. Recently, I went to Tokyo by night bus and did not experience what I experienced doing the same in Nigeria, even within border states. Everything went smoothly. When you read some countries having high life expectancy rates, e get why.

Let's leave humans aside, how does a business compete when these are the roads transporters have to use to move goods to the ports? No wonder an Olam executive stated that "moving a container from Kano to Lagos costs as much as from Lagos to Osaka, though the distance to Japan is 13 times greater." It is part of the reasons salaries are low in Nigeria, as firms spend more unnecessarily on logistics and other non-essential activities.

We have failed to provide basic infrastructure, and it is terrible. What is hard in constructing the road and tolling it? These things are not hard, for crying out loud!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gerrard59(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2023
Abagworo:
I thought Wike completed this road this 2023 or I'm missing something. This is the road that runs from Igwuruta via Chokocho, Okomoko, Egwi, Okehi, Eketa , Okpala etc.

A state or federal road?
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gerrard59(m): 8:08am On Oct 17, 2023
Googledotcom:
I witnessed this, it happened last week Thursday. A very sad incident.

I don't know what Rivers government is doing cus that road is part of Etche local government.

Apparently, it is a state government road. Nigerian elites are too useless!!!!

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On Oct 17, 2023
EkelediliBuhari:
Wike refused to repair this portion of the road out of vengeance for the former chairman

A thoroughly useless man! From the same ethnic group YET refuses to provide basic infrastructure to people who look and think like him. Tomorrow, some modafvckers will be chanting racism and whatnot!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by ednut1(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2023
Gerrard59:

State governments who wait for the FG to fix FG's roads are stoopid. Akpabio did not wait for Jonathan before he worked on federal roads in the state. I think Buhari even go-ahead to state governments to fix bad roads then later request payment from the FG. From the report, e fit be say the road na from the Abia side.
etche is in rivers state. Went for an audit job near that side in 2018 that road was an eyesore. 5 years later still same smh
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Nickymezor(f): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2023
Really terrible, may his soul rest on . Amen
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Chasito(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why must people be in a hurry to pass when they see a trailer coming? Why not stop and allow the trailer to pass?
Then u go ur way. Chai, its a pity.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by obrian888: 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
If it was in my area

This truck drivers will have sense, first if only we have a reasonable government in place, this type of accident is a regular occurrence in Lagos, and you will hear the the authorities warning truck drivers that failure to use a latchet on the load will attract a fine, at the end nothing still happens and the cycle keep repeating itself. useless country with useless organisation

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:34am On Nov 06, 2023
simfrost90210:

Oga Mr Bad News

You found out about your gift of discovering bad news early in life and pursued your talent.

Ọkakwara gi mma ooo

My sympathy runs deep for the loss of this man and may his family, friends and well wishers be warmly comforted.. Accept My Condolences!!!

Oil Dey Your HEAD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew / Nigerian Passport: Current Price / Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.