Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) (49057 Views)

Flooding: Lagos Property Owners Build On Drainage Channels Despite Govt Notices / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by sureinfo: 12:34am On Oct 19, 2023
Just imagine, when they demolish now they'll start complaining
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by BallingGuy: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2023
Zephania:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela. Almighty God bless you and your family

You’ve been doing this sc.am wince 2018, with different name here on nairaland. One day, monkey go go market, he no go return.

Continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by lapintoz: 1:51am On Oct 19, 2023
Professional scammers 😁

Zephania:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela. Almighty God bless you and your family
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by naptu2: 3:01am On Oct 19, 2023
Revolution2022:
If you build house you know go construct gutter beside the house?That is a gutter not a canal.

No, it's not even a gutter, it is a kitchen drain.

They filled in the canal and turned it into a gutter. Do you think you know that place better than the government and people that live there? That canal was meant to take water to the Ikota River. They blocked it and turned it into a little gutter.

Now I believe that you are just trolling because your posts make no sense. It is very clear from the video that they filled in the canal, turned part of it into a small gutter and even completely blocked it (or maybe you don't have data to watch the video). Where does the Ikota Canal begin and where does it end? You have even abandoned your original argument and you are now just chasing shadows.

I'm not interesting in meaningless arguments or arguments just for arguments sake or trying to have the last word.

Good bye. I won't read your posts anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by wineconnoisseur: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Wow! Just wow! Lagos never ceases to amaze me. If Dem finish the houses now, next thing wey you go see na......" 4 bedroom duplex in a serene environment with waterfront selling for 150 million naira" grin

Waterfront in Lekki is 400m upwards for duplex
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by wineconnoisseur: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2023
visaclick:
you sound so stupid, so with the country population increase where should people build their houses? In my estate we have 6 gwagons 2 camaros and i stay in ajah.

Imagine 6 gwagons and 2 Chevrolet Camaro that is a low income earners estate, you can’t compare it with the likes of pinnock beach estate which average house is sold for 800m upwards
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by phemmyfour: 7:07am On Oct 19, 2023
porthouse7:
Govt should do the needful
Who approved the building....same government
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Bizibi(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2023
opalu:
That house was not built on any drainage or canal channel. You emotionally excited nonprofessionals will start shouting to high heavens so that the Lagos state Government would demolish the innocent house of an innocent man.

If you see my red line, that is where the canal will pass. The Government was supposed to have done the canal long ago. So that the whole surface water you see on the ground there disturbing those houses will be conveyed into the lagoon.

But since they defaulted as usual and absconded and abdicated their primary responsibility, those innocent people are suffering the flooding of their legitimate compound.

If the owner of this land is here, kindly inform me to do a Flooding Impact Assessment of the area so you could take it to the appropriate Agency of Government to come and do the canal. That house is not blocking the canal channel nor the street drainage at all.
houses are not supposed to be in that area. This is almost the same problem with trademore and other estates in the same vicinity In lugbe,Abuja
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Bizibi(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2023
naptu2:

The residents have admitted that they had no approval.

Warnings have been issued to them for a long time. To make matters worse, after the government issued warnings, some other people still went and built structures in the same canal.
I still don't understand Nigerians and ignorance. They will still come out and cry to their media later.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by mywells: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2023
On a serious note people shouldn't have built hose close to the Atlantic Ocean,at lease give room of like 5km distance from the Ocean,even all the house built at the other side of Lekki peninsula should be demolished, all the building along land mark, elegushi,along that axis should be demolished.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Mayhem1: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2023
111sunshine:
Apart from demolition, their owners should be taken for psychiatric evaluation to determine what they are suffering from. What manner of anyhowness is this
you no get heart atall, upon say the government has already demolished their property now leaving most of them homeless you still want them to be taken for psychiatric evaluation.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Mayhem1: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

If you have ever lived in New York you will understand better. Yes New York in the United States of America.
That smoke wey you smoke yesterday strong o
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by wasuka14(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2023
If you check the owner of that building now, it will be these yeye lagos developers. Those Igbo slowpoke can do anything. They don't car about the consequences of their actions.

quote author=MrSundry post=126483717]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2AxfXCej4c?si=zUsASdtyVu3lWbMQ

Another drone footage of illegal structures built INSIDE Gedegede - Ikota drainage channel. Shot 2019

As shared by Lagos State Ministry of Environment - @moe_lagos[/quote]
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by ufotunang: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2023
Righthussle:
So this kind roof dey Lekki
...I surprise...I thought lekki was a rich man area 🙄
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by ufotunang: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2023
So this is the Lagos they said Tinubu built... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by DrMuzungu(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2023
When is our chief drug baron going to intervene?!
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by visaclick: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2023
wineconnoisseur:

Imagine 6 gwagons and 2 Chevrolet Camaro that is a low income earners estate, you can’t compare it with the likes of pinnock beach estate which average house is sold for 800m upwards
no need talking with a mad man
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by ElohimShenRa(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2023
whippersnapper:
The worst place to stay in the world has to be lagos. so inhabitable

Yet, your Cocaine-Trafficking brothers and your Gorilla-Chestbeating fathers and your Yam-legged sisters who dominate 95% of all the brothels in Lagos and Southwest in general CAN NEVER DO WITHOUT COMING INTO THIS SAME LAGOS.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by whippersnapper(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2023
ElohimShenRa:

Yet, your Cocaine-Trafficking brothers and your Gorilla-Chestbeating fathers and your Yam-legged sisters who dominate 95% of all the brothels in Lagos and Southwest in general CAN NEVER DO WITHOUT COMING INTO THIS SAME LAGOS.
a google fact check would clear the cobwebs. dimwit
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by boladez(m): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2023
wasuka14:
If you check the owner of that building now, it will be these yeye lagos developers. Those Igbo slowpoke can do anything. They don't car about the consequences of their actions.

quote author=MrSundry post=126483717]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2AxfXCej4c?si=zUsASdtyVu3lWbMQ

Another drone footage of illegal structures built INSIDE Gedegede - Ikota drainage channel. Shot 2019

As shared by Lagos State Ministry of Environment - @moe_lagos

My Dum Dum friend Saka ,

Your bigotry and hate has swallowed your brain totally , I am shocked to know you graduated from a good school like unilorin and a great department like geography dept. You are a disgrace to Geography, BSS and Unilorin, Prof Ogunsanya will cry if he realises such a failed character got admission into the department he built. You don't have sense and you cannot write coherently , your posts are always full of errors and failed tenses, you always mix up your tenses! How did you pass GNS 101?

I am not surprised you are still a driver running online crypto 419 scams many many years after graduating, until you stop to hate people by their tribal and religious affliations,you will still have no headway in life. You will,clock 30 years post graduation and yet still be collecting stipends from politicians to spread hate online.

You have adduced that the developers are igbos only from a drone shot!....clearly you must be so empty headed that I suspect you are from Buhari's bloodline direct. Tell you what....... are igbos the only developers in Lagos or are Igbos the corrupt Lagos State officials that sat and watched them develop those plots. LAST LAST ...these people you hate will continue to prosper and build, while you will finally be arrested for your crypto currency online 419 scams, you will likely end up working for them while your hate and bigotry will end in tears for you .
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by wineconnoisseur: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2023
visaclick:
no need talking with a mad man

Na your papa Dey mad no be me. The gwagons no be your own and you are here bragging. You wey Dey live 300k per year self contain, your papa wan live for island by fire by force 😂😂😂
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by ToladolVentures(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is crazy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure / Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Aluminium or Stone coated Tiles? Things you should know before you roof ur house

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.