Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette (33213 Views)

Atiku: US Court Turns Down Request For FBI, CIA, To Release Documents On Tinubu / Tinubu Moves To Government Of National Unity, Pacify SE With Senate President / President-Elect Bola Tinubu Moves Into Defense House, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Johnbullisaclow: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Where's our Almighty GSK?

Lol! Do I even want to bother engaging in this.....so you think GSK Nigeria is shutting down and handing over to a 3rd Party Distribution company because of BAT and his Academic issues or because he is President!? Like seriously!? You are asserting that GSK UK Board Members woke up on March 1st 2023 and held an emergency Board meeting after the Nigerian elections and decided that they are not willing to operate in Nigeria after 51 years because BAT came into Power.

Brother, please do share the name of your weed supplier, let me try some of what you are smoking, because its strong.

It's all good, if that's what you truly believe then fair enough, who am I (a faceless person on Social Media) or anyone else to go against your opinions or beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by emmanuelbrown26: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:

Lol! Do I even want to bother engaging in this.....so you think GSK Nigeria is shutting down and handing over to a 3rd Party Distribution company because of BAT and his Academic issues or because he is President!? Like seriously!? You are asserting that GSK UK Board Members woke up on March 1st 2023 and held an emergency Board meeting after the Nigerian elections and decided that they are not willing to operate in Nigeria after 51 years because BAT came into Power.

Brother, please do share the name of your weed supplier, let me try some of what you are smoking, because its strong.

It's all good, if that's what you truly believe then fair enough, who am I (a faceless person on Social Media) or anyone else to go against your opinions or beliefs.
What happen to GSK sir
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Johnbullisaclow: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2023
Jaycee07:

First and foremost, I am apolitical. I have no party affiliation whatsoever.
In the current scheme of things. How many investors would be willing to risk their investment in Nigeria?
When big organizations make business plans and build investment models, one key ingredient that is taken into deep consideration is the business environment. A number of foreign airlines have found it difficult to repatriate their money back home. Bad politics is bad business,and that reverberates deep into every sphere of Nigeria as a society .
The truth is that multinational businesses around the world don’t rate Nigeria as a serious nation. You can disagree with that fact, but that doesn’t change what is it. It’s still a fact.
Why is that a trend? When Buhari left power in 1985, did he do anything to develop himself academically?
No he didn’t. He was elected in 2015 an a cerebrally inept, economically dissonant. Buhari was never in touch with modern realities. He may not have been corrupt by stealing money, but Nigeria went down a downward spiral because he was incompetent.
What a European or an American business man sees first are the crop of leaders a country has before investing. Go to Egypt, Rwanda, even Ghana and you’d see a world of difference.
Yes weak and corrupt judiciary. aggressively corrupt legislators and an ectopic executive is the bane of our failure as a nation. And it’s not about to get better

Once again, no one is arguing with any of your assertions....I am fully in agreement to the extent that the issues of Nigeria are down to the policies of their leaders (of which both Parties are guilty of providing us with Bad leadership across Board, be it PDP or APC).

Where I disagree is on this sudden sugar rush of everyone saying that this all came about after the just concluded elections,(I recognise that most comments are just banter on N/L and not to be taken seriously) as if it has not been a steady growing trend in Nigeria...when Woolworths came and then shut down operations in Nigeria was it not under the PDP government?

As you said, the issue of (demanding) good governance should not be based on party affiliations....we can talk of electing competent leaders, but in my opinion (and its only my opinion) I didn't see any (true) competent Leader among all the candidates (hence my sitting down the election cycle) .....maybe I expect too much as I honestly don't even know if I as a person would be able to handle such a job of being president of a complex country as Nigeria if given a chance. So I might be no better than whats on offer.

All in all, we shall see how this period in our history goes....we hope for the best (while fearing the worst).

Was great rubbing minds with you.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Johnbullisaclow: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

What happen to GSK sir

Dude rest. In short, I wholeheartedly agree with you that GSK Nigeria is shutting down because of BAT.

There! Now can I rest.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by emmanuelbrown26: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:

Dude rest. In short, I wholeheartedly agree with you that GSK Nigeria is shutting down because of BAT.

There! Now can I rest.
https://www.nairaland.com/7882337/naira-might-crash-5498-next
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Alliswell248: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2023
Rayban26:

Naira being at an all time low is good news to you? Look you mustn't always lose 100 percent of your brain cells everytime when defending nonsense.

You can always shut up sometimes.

Tell us what Ipob miscreants are exporting apart from illicit drugs.
So you expect the govt to keep patching up the naira artificially.
We r all responsible for the fall of the naira.

Stop wailing.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by wallarwallar(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
IreneChidi:
this man is really a useless criminal

See English ooo and so many idiots dey like am so is dere any useful criminal
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Ayodeoba: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ozommadu:

Ebunu

Rice na #50k...you don chop like this??

Abi you dey defend agbado on empty stomach

Igbo hate is the only thing uniting you dirty bigots even though hunger dey show una shege.

Shameless
wait first! Na everybody Dey suffer?
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by lildush(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
okoro:
These Ibo people have started to be disgracing themselves again

Wat is this 1 saying? Wat brought about tribe in this? Wat is bad is bad and should be condemned.. irrespective of who is involved. We must eschew evil and irregularities if we must grow as a nation... This favourism have to stop. Nobody is above the law. We have a constitution let us work by it... May God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Jallotti: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
THE GUILTY IS ALWAYS AFRAID. . . . . grin
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by blueAgent(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:

I have no arguments on the above as you have rightfully put the blame where its meant to squarely lie, which is on the Policies of the ruling Party.

Its when people solely make it seems as if BAT's academic issues have anything to do with Party Policies and Business Investments, that's where people lose me...where were all these issues when he ran for Govenor amd served 2 terms? If you want to destroy a tree you do that from the root and when its just sprouting its growth....makes it easier than chopping down an Oak when it's fully grown.

Eitherways, we shall see where the pendulum swings in a few months time.

BATs academic issues and poor economic policies would do this country more harm.
You think investors have money to throw away, bad economic polices and a country's bad reputation can cause investors having poor confidence in a country.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Ozommadu: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:
wait first! Na everybody Dey suffer?

Na only you dey suffer
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by buhariguy(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
Feintline:
When your fall has come, it has come. If you like file to United nation, it is a waste.
If you love tinubu, tell him to apologize to Nigerians ,resign quickly and immediately.
Every move he is trying to make is dead on arrival.
His matter is concluded in the spirit and physical realm.
foolish people said more than this before apc primary election till tomorrow
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Roger3D(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
Feintline:
When your fall has come, it has come. If you like file to United nation, it is a waste.
If you love tinubu, tell him to apologize to Nigerians ,resign quickly and immediately.
Every move he is trying to make is dead on arrival.
His matter is concluded in the spirit and physical realm.
If Tinubu resigns tomorrow morning, you do realize that Shettima becomes president right? Would you have him resign too?
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by plaindealer: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Court filings seen by Peoples Gazette showed Mr Tinubu’s lawyers in the U.S. have filed motions to appear in an ongoing freedom of information action brought against the U.S. organisations where records that may help answer questions about the president’s real identity and decades-long endeavours are domiciled.

Christopher Carmichael, one of the lawyers who represented Mr Tinubu in the recent Chicago records case, filed the motion, dated October 18, 2023, stating that he was a lawyer in good standing to appear in the case in the FOIA lawsuit underway in Washington D.C., filings said.

Filling motions to appear is different from filling motions to clock, there is nothing on record indicating that any motion was filed to block anything, not even in this fake and unintelligent write-up.

It is standard practice to send lawyers or be involved in any ongoing court proceeding to protect your interests.

It is written there in black and white and you don't have to be an expert in reading and comprehension to understand and digest this info, but these driveby low-level bloggers love to create their own ignorant headlines to attract ignorant and unintelligent people.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Johnbullisaclow: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
blueAgent:

BATs academic issues and poor economic policies would do this country more harm.
You think investors have money to throw away, bad economic polices and a country's bad reputation can cause investors having poor confidence in a country.

Once again, you keep trying to "Shoe in" his academic issues into a scenario that is just plainly false....Bad policy decision by the President and the ruling Party have effects on any Investor, his Academic woes whether true or false have no effect on any Investor deciding on whether to come to do business in Nigeria....if his or her investments are secured and they can make a profit then they couldn't careless who a President is....that's why Countries that even have the worst Dictators you can think off, still have peoples, Organisations and countries that are still willing to take risks to do business within.

Did Investors run away during South African Apartheid era even with all the sanctions? Did Nigeria not have investors during the height of Abacha's regime....unless you are talking Mugabe type of issues in Zimbabwe, which I doubt Nigeria will ever get that bad as Mugabe's issues was testing the British which the European Nations and America wanted to teach him a lesson, so squeezed the life out of the Zimbabwean economy....Tinubu's issues are just an embarrassment for Nigerians and fodder for ridicule (like how other nations ridiculed the US when Trump was elected President), beyond that it's his policies that potential investors will look at and nothing more.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by blueAgent(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:

Once again, you keep trying to "Shoe in" his academic issues into a scenario that is just plainly false....Bad policy decision by the President and the ruling Party have effects on any Investor, his Academic woes whether true or false have no effect on any Investor deciding on whether to come to do business in Nigeria....if his or her investments are secured and they can make a profit then they couldn't careless who a President is....that's why Countries that even have the worst Dictators you can think off, still have peoples, Organisations and countries that are still willing to take risks to do business within.

Did Investors run away during South African Apartheid era even with all the sanctions? Did Nigeria not have investors during the height of Abacha's regime....unless you are talking Mugabe type of issues in Zimbabwe, which I doubt Nigeria will ever get that bad as Mugabe's issues was testing the British which the European Nations and America wanted to teach him a lesson, so squeezed the life out of the Zimbabwean economy....Tinubu's issues are just an embarrassment for Nigerians and fodder for ridicule (like how other nations ridiculed the US when Trump was elected President), beyond that it's his policies that potential investors will look at and nothing more.

Who told you companies did not run away or stay away from those countries you mentioned?

I guess you have not heard of cooperate image.

The president of a nation is the No 1 marketing agent of a country, if his image is bad so also his country is perceived.
Why do you think countries pressure their leaders to resign or step down when they have personal scandals?

Recently the Cheif officer for Shell 's Shale division had to step down becos he was accused , not yet found guilty of sexual harassment, the company distanced themselves from him to avoid denting their reputation.
You think the West think like us? Where we act anyhow without consequences and remorse.
What happened to former British PM, why did he resign?
The only investors that would be willingly to do business in nigeria are those investors and companies that are into shady business.
Re: Tinubu Moves To Block FBI, CIA, U.S. Agencies From Releasing Files - Gazette by Johnbullisaclow: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
blueAgent:

Who told you companies did not run away or stay away from those countries you mentioned?

I guess you have not heard of cooperate image.

The president of a nation is the No 1 marketing agent of a country, if his image is bad so also his country is perceived.
Why do you think countries pressure their leaders to resign or step down when they have personal scandals?

Recently the Cheif officer for Shell 's Shale division had to step down becos he was accused , not yet found guilty of sexual harassment, the company distanced themselves from him to avoid denting their reputation.
You think the West think like us? Where we act anyhow without consequences and remorse.
What happened to former British PM, why did he resign?
The only investors that would be willingly to do business in nigeria are those investors and companies that are into shady business.

Well I know companies did not stay away from SA because I happened to have had the opportunity to have lived in SA after Madiba became President and had an understanding of the challenges involved and how Countries circumvented the sanctions to still operate fully in SA, so its something I have knowledge of what that entailed and how the people felt that God just intervened to give Botha and some of his Peers the courage to stand up to his Party and other White Southern Africans to do the right thing by the Nationals

As said, you are conflating issues....issues of morality and image have nothing to do with Investments coming in...Boris Johnson resigned due to having Lost the trust of his Peers and the nation, not because Businesses were clamouring to pull out of the UK because he flouted Covid restrictions laws, same way that his key Advisor Domminic Cummings resigned as well for being caught to have flouted the same laws...that is a "Morality issue!"

If you say BAT should resign due to morals, then I am with you 100% on that, but tying it to Investors coming to Nigeria or pulling out of Nigeria is just laughable to say the least.

But you are hell bent on maintaining that view point, so nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise...so we shall agree to disagree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Agent With A Spy Camera, Arrested In Ikorodu, APC Agents Denied Tags / Saraki And His Beautiful Wife In Kwara State, Welcomed By Massive Crowd (Photos) / Keyamo Blasts Politicians Against Buhari's Appointments Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.