Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) (23570 Views)

Dilapidated Nature Of Primary School In Ezinifite Aguata, Anambra State / Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by zoghys: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:
Obaseki do something Abeg

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Tinubu no like Edo people same way Edo people no like am

Is it tinubu's responsibility to build school at Edo state.

6 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by opeekiti: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nigeria politicians don't see anything wrong in dilapidated school, but as for me in my first 100days in office as Ekiti state governor I will renovate all Public primary and secondary schools, So help me God
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Chibuzoripob: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
sadHope the nut will not suspend the head teacher
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by ednut1(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
All over Nigeria there are schools like this. The funds for FAAC for the 774 LGA what are they using it for. Shameless leaders

3 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by nairalanda1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Primary and secondary schools run under the ditkat of the State Government

Where tihifnubu or is it thnbv should do something is the state of University of Benin and the Federal government colleges in edo, and the Polytechnic run by the feds at Auchi.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2023
I hate Nigeria politicians more than devil himself. All of them
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Lastmankc(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=triple996 post=126493266]one of the worst governors in the last few years. Nothing to show 4 it except fight with deputy.

cannibalizes will soon come here and tell us about how he is the best governor in Nigeria ...... EEELLLLUUUPPPP grin
[/quote) Ebola cretin that is how you are talking trash in the other thread about biden been afraid to visit Ukraine.You are too dull and daft
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by shortIGBOman: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jestin:
Very useless governor

Very useless and incompetent too
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by ufotunang: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
That is why there must be local government autonomy... all this joint account state government is doing with local government money is wrong...it's the cause of lack of development in the rural areas....all this things the local government can rehabilitate and upgrade this school if money from the federal government gets to the local government directly....that is why local government autonomy has to come into law...the state governors should give local government autonomy so that they can develop the local government areas, village, communities without waiting for the state governors to come and do it

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by triple996(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=Lastmankc post=126494229][/quote]
Dull animal, counter what I said with facts not your usual stupidity
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Reference(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
Okay, want to know how sane countries pay for good buildings for their schools

1.TAXES

2.TAXES

5.TAXES

10.HIGH SCHOOL FEES.

Back in the day, I went to a private school. Fees were high, and my parents were not rich (they both had side hustles, and my dad had to take a second job even...how he did not develop hypertension under the strain is a miracle)...whose fees were quantillion times higher than the nearby LEA school, and another government school.

Guesss what....my private school had better housing,better classrooms, better chairs, etc..plus we got new exercise books whenever we needed them (I can only recall buying two exercise books in six years...and that was because the supplier was late with supplies, not because of the school running out of kudi)...because we PAID FEES that made sense.

Edo state budget is 420 million dollars. The University of New Hamshirre, the state uni of the New Hampshire state, spends 100million dollars on its university alone.The state budget is 16 billion dollars.

And you Nigerians would want schools to look 'decent' like they do in 'sane countries'...with WHICH MONEY?

Either Edo finds billions more naira, or Edo taxes everyone at a rate of 40-50% or Edo state...takes LOANS.

And this is the situation whoever is in charge. Whether APC, PDP, etc. Nigeria is not making enough money, because our leaders do not want to make the hard changes. AND THAT INCLUDES APC....Apc is very lazy.

When we ask who should be taxed then the idea falls flat.
Industries...? Already struggling with multiple taxation on top of bearing most of the burdens of State.
The working population....?, that basically shares its income with the rest of the unemployed population and on top of that bears a lot of the burdens of State.
Who exactly are these secret sector of people, this fertile but untapped class of citizens that are ripe for taxation.
Who are they?
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Sleekfingers: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
Truly, Edo no be Lagos

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Nyanabo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sleepy Godwin. Most clueless governor after ikpeazu.

1. Okezie Ikpeazu
2. Godwin Obaseki
3. Ifeanyi Okwa

Useless set of Governors Nigerians should never pray for.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by sparko1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Is it a federal school?

Not everything should be federal government responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by lapintoz: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2023
But Oshiomole like Tinubu and Tinubu like am 🙂

Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by famology(m): 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2023
Obaseki is a useless thing. This is just one of the numerous dilapidated schools in Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Pepperdemisback: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Amayabor1:

Primary school is the sole responsibility of the state and local government. Nothing concern federal government. This one is not whether Tinubu like Edo people or Edo people like Tinubu.
You are quoting a jobless Verified idiot who is a PH fugitive in Anambra.
He started his moniker from Taylor 1-94 just to get ftc on every thread to insult Tinubu. The likes he get from stupid comments takes him out of depression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by nairalanda1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Reference:

When we ask who should be taxed then the idea falls flat.
Industries...? Already struggling with multiple taxation on top of bearing most of the burdens of State.
The working population....?, that basically shares its income with the rest of the unemployed population and on top of that bears a lot of the burdens of State.
Who exactly are these secret sector of people, this fertile but untapped class of citizens that are ripe for taxation.
Who are they?

So we are left with these options

1.Take more loans

2.Take more loans

3.Take more loans

4.Pray and fast that oil goes up to 150 dollars per barrel and stays there like that

5. Fight corruption (YES, we have to) except that doing so would only put in some extra money that may run out in a few years anyway.

6. Take more loans

The thing is, tax is the only sane option. I don't like it, I hate it, but with 80% of our revenue being oil, and with tax to gdp ratio lower than even Niger Republic, I don't see any option.

We can make hard choices, or we can take another loan and grumble while we do so.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by ufuosman(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Na wa
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
A governor needs to be begged before he does what he is elected for?!!!

Everyone abuses and criticizes the President and the Lawmakers, but hardly do you guys call out your Governors.

36 Governors, yet we can only point at Lagos and 2 Northern states with regard to performance.

This is shameful and unacceptable... Call out your Governors with the same energy and bile you use in calling out President Tinubu.

Their own don too much... Such incompetent, uncaring and corrupt bastards.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Pepperdemisback: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
Edo and Delta are not always lucky with good Governors.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by famology(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Stop disgracing your family on nairaland. Na federal government dey build primary school? MUGU

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by misano(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Truly, Edo no be Lagos

Sharap they are worse schools in Ogun and Ekiti. The there people just love to pretend and form sophisticated while they suffer. People in SE and SS will always call out their leaders publicly.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
Okay, want to know how sane countries pay for good buildings for their schools

1.TAXES

2.TAXES

5.TAXES

10.HIGH SCHOOL FEES.

Back in the day, I went to a private school. Fees were high, and my parents were not rich (they both had side hustles, and my dad had to take a second job even...how he did not develop hypertension under the strain is a miracle)...whose fees were quantillion times higher than the nearby LEA school, and another government school.

Guesss what....my private school had better housing,better classrooms, better chairs, etc..plus we got new exercise books whenever we needed them (I can only recall buying two exercise books in six years...and that was because the supplier was late with supplies, not because of the school running out of kudi)...because we PAID FEES that made sense.

Edo state budget is 420 million dollars. The University of New Hamshirre, the state uni of the New Hampshire state, spends 100million dollars on its university alone.The state budget is 16 billion dollars.

And you Nigerians would want schools to look 'decent' like they do in 'sane countries'...with WHICH MONEY?

Either Edo finds billions more naira, or Edo taxes everyone at a rate of 40-50% or Edo state...takes LOANS.

And this is the situation whoever is in charge. Whether APC, PDP, etc. Nigeria is not making enough money, because our leaders do not want to make the hard changes. AND THAT INCLUDES APC....Apc is very lazy.

I get your point but be sincere with yourself, the taxes we are currently paying, are they being used judiciously??
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Cajal(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Obaseki self no like Edo people
Na to deceive them
Argue with obaseki legacy projects of non existence

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by misano(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
Eod and Delta are not always lucky with good Governors.

70% of the states in Nigeria experience bad leadership at one time or the other. Not only Edo and Delta. But that doesn't mean we in SS should accept the bad leadership anyway.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by SoNature(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
triple996:
one of the worst governors in the last few years. Nothing to show 4 it except fight with deputy.

cannibalizes will soon come here and tell us about how he is the best governor in Nigeria ...... EEELLLLUUUPPPP grin

If your comment doesn't involve LP, Igbos, SE or Obi, you won't be okay. You need psychiatric examination asap because you are losing it at the speed of light.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by FreeStuffsNG: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
Penguin2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tq4sl4vbA?si=kGUENmY8yxN0r_c0

Primary school pupils kneel as they beg Gov. Godwin Obaseki to rehabilitate their dilapidated school.

In the video, a man could be seen lamenting the state of the classroom block of the school which was built with mud blocks and is now collapsing due to the effect rain as caused by leaky zinc.

The entire scene is an eyesore and calls to huge question the level of poor leadership that the administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki has provided in education in Edo State.

Hopefully respite will come to the school for the sake of the future of the young children in the school.
Hmmmm. Please attend to their request Mr Governor.
Anyone who opens the school gate closes the prison gate. Please help this school and all other schools in Edo state. I saw this kind of school around the Eko-Ewu in Irrua axis too
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

What is the matter with you??! Are you high, drunk, or both?!!

What has this got to do with Mr. President?!!! Does Edo state not get monthly allocations running into Billions?!! What does the corrupt fool do with the money?!!!

This needless and senseless obsession and spotlight on the Presidency is what has made state governors hide their corrupt practices and poor leadership.

As we type, over 30 states of the federation contribute almost nothing to the nation, they don't even contribute anything meaningful to their citizens... This is shocking and unacceptable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2014/2015 Federal Polytechnic, Ede Admission Process / Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.