Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) (23556 Views)

Dilapidated Nature Of Primary School In Ezinifite Aguata, Anambra State / Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by kapelvej: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
benardtotti:

Meanwhile the fool was busy pontificating yesterday about the economy , yet has nothing to show for 8 years as governor.
obaseki na big fool
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Sleekfingers: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
misano:

Sharap they are worse schools in Ogun and Ekiti. The there people just love to pretend and form sophisticated while they suffer. People in SE and SS will always call out their leaders publicly.

What's my business with ogun and ekiti?

I have not been to the Southeast, and I don't intend going there.

But Southsouth I have been to all the states there. You said, they call out their leaders publicly..... I laugh wickedly......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Chetas81(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
CAN YOU IMAGINE BAD ORIENTATION IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD,ALL BLACK AFRICANS COUNTRY HAVE SAME MODERNIZATION ISSUES, ONLY SOUTH AFRICA BETTER
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by middlebelter(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:
Obaseki do something Abeg

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Tinubu no like Edo people same way Edo people no like am

The last time I checked, adams the son Oshiomhole is from Edo state and he a friend and close assocscviate of PBAT, he has many followers that are from Edo State. i won't say more, but remeber Adams built many schools

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
Reference:

When we ask who should be taxed then the idea falls flat.
Industries...? Already struggling with multiple taxation on top of bearing most of the burdens of State.
The working population....?, that basically shares its income with the rest of the unemployed population and on top of that bears a lot of the burdens of State.
Who exactly are these secret sector of people, this fertile but untapped class of citizens that are ripe for taxation.
Who are they?

I have asked him that simple question severally, but he never comes correct. grin

Taxation is more futuristic than present... It is the way forward, but who do you tax?!!

He keeps alluding to several nations, but conveniently ignores the fact that average Nigerians earn far below the minimum wage mark of most nations across the universe.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by seguno2: 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Penguin2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tq4sl4vbA?si=kGUENmY8yxN0r_c0

Primary school pupils kneel as they beg Gov. Godwin Obaseki to rehabilitate their dilapidated school.

In the video, a man could be seen lamenting the state of the classroom block of the school which was built with mud blocks and is now collapsing due to the effect rain as caused by leaky zinc.

The entire scene is an eyesore and calls to huge question the level of poor leadership that the administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki has provided in education in Edo State.

Hopefully respite will come to the school for the sake of the future of the young children in the school.

So Oshiomole also failed to attend to the decay for eight years, despite his noise of labour leader progressive balablu town hall nonsense propaganda
ACantBelieveIt shocked
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by nairalanda1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

I get your point but be sincere with yourself, the taxes we are currently paying, are they being used judiciously??

Yes they are not, but the thing also to note is

(Note: I am not denying corruption exists, and corruption should be severely punished.).

1.The revenue we earn from taxes is less than 20% of total government revenue, most of it is oil

2.Less than 30% of Nigerians pay taxes to state and federal governments

3.The tax rate is very low compared to sane countries (I've just seen my latest tax clearance cert...and yeah, I laffed).

4.Tax to gdp is 10%. It would have made sense if our GDP was in the trillions of dollars, but it is very measly.

So, at the end, either we find a way to improve income from taxes....or we take loans , loans and more loans (or we pray for crude to rise to 150 dollars per barrel every morning at 6am on the dot, regardless of religion).
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by membranus: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
misano:

Sharap they are worse schools in Ogun and Ekiti. The there people just love to pretend and form sophisticated while they suffer. People in SE and SS will always call out their leaders publicly.

Bayelsa, Edo, Delta and Abia are the most looted states in the South, so where are the states located?
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by joe1309: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Primary school pupils kneel as they beg Gov. Godwin Obaseki to rehabilitate their dilapidated school.

In the video, a man could be seen lamenting the state of the classroom block of the school which was built with mud blocks and is now collapsing due to the effect rain as caused by leaky zinc.

The entire scene is an eyesore and calls to huge question the level of poor leadership that the administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki has provided in education in Edo State.

Hopefully respite will come to the school for the sake of the future of the young children in the school.
and the yeye man go Osun to watch Gov Adeleke as he dey commission infrastructure...
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Mvnster: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
Okay, want to know how sane countries pay for good buildings for their schools

1.TAXES

2.TAXES

5.TAXES

10.HIGH SCHOOL FEES.

Back in the day, I went to a private school. Fees were high, and my parents were not rich (they both had side hustles, and my dad had to take a second job even...how he did not develop hypertension under the strain is a miracle)...whose fees were quantillion times higher than the nearby LEA school, and another government school.

Guesss what....my private school had better housing,better classrooms, better chairs, etc..plus we got new exercise books whenever we needed them (I can only recall buying two exercise books in six years...and that was because the supplier was late with supplies, not because of the school running out of kudi)...because we PAID FEES that made sense.

Edo state budget is 420 million dollars. The University of New Hamshirre, the state uni of the New Hampshire state, spends 100million dollars on its university alone.The state budget is 16 billion dollars.

And you Nigerians would want schools to look 'decent' like they do in 'sane countries'...with WHICH MONEY?

Either Edo finds billions more naira, or Edo taxes everyone at a rate of 40-50% or Edo state...takes LOANS.

And this is the situation whoever is in charge. Whether APC, PDP, etc. Nigeria is not making enough money, because our leaders do not want to make the hard changes. AND THAT INCLUDES APC....Apc is very lazy.
Aboki no gree pay tax
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by blowjohn(m): 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Have they finished launching the street lights with plenty canopies and fanfare! grin grin grin grin

Where is slaowormii?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by blowjohn(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
joe1309:
and the yeye man go Osun to watch Gov Adeleke as he dey commission infrastructure...

But he already commissioned street lights na cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by PROPHETmichael: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
What exactly is the duty of a local government chairman? They should be able to handle basic things like classroom renovation.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hope he doesn't blame the federal government again. He will go after the originators of this video. Very vindictive mammal.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by fredoooooo: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Edo is not Lagos
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by adem30: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

So na Tinubu suppose build school for Edo? Your sense done travel

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
PROPHETmichael:
What exactly is the duty of a local government chairman? They should be able to handle basic things like classroom renovation.
No autonomy. The governors withholds their allocations and only releases overhead to them. This is what is now left of the federal system of government.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by DeTruthh: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
triple996:
one of the worst governors in the last few years. Nothing to show 4 it except fight with deputy.

cannibalizes will soon come here and tell us about how he is the best governor in Nigeria ...... EEELLLLUUUPPPP grin
I think you should be banned from making comments on this forum. Your level of ignorance or is it sheer stupidity is very high. That was how you said in the other thread that Biden did not visit Ukraine.

Is Obaseki in Labour Party?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Pauliaette(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is bad, Obaseki abeg hear their plea
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Helgreenluv(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is heartbreaking. Obaseki is an idiot. Shame on him

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by misano(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
membranus:

Bayelsa, Edo, Delta and Abia are the most looted states in the South, so where are the states located?

What about Katsina, Sokoto Ondo, Ekiti Ogun. They are not looting there abi? Abeg rest you have no point. The money they the the politicians will loot. All the politicians are the same.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by misano(m): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sleekfingers:

What's my business with ogun and ekiti?

I have not been to the Southeast, and I don't intend going there.

But Southsouth I have been to all the states there. You said, they call out their leaders publicly..... I laugh wickedly......

If U have not been to other regions then you have no reason to call 2 states worse. Your judgement is biased and baseless.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Toluwanise247(m): 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Don’t wait for Tinubu oo

You be mumu ooo na federal government they built state school?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by soil4soil(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Why is the governor waiting for people to beg him before doing the right thing.

Deputy governor begged him

Pulpils are begging him

Market women and men will beg

Civil servant will beg

Is he, you must beg me governor
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by BrownRoofRep: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
Amayabor1:

Primary school is the sole responsibility of the state and local government. Nothing concern federal government. This one is not whether Tinubu like Edo people or Edo people like Tinubu.
The Federal government is responsible for primary schools through a commission called - the National Primary Education Commission.
The state government is responsible for secondary schools.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by nairalanda1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mvnster:

Aboki no gree pay tax

So do many Southerners, if the response to my comment is any indication

But we have no choice...taxes or LOANS.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by Primusinterpares(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
Okay, want to know how sane countries pay for good buildings for their schools

1.TAXES

2.TAXES

5.TAXES

10.HIGH SCHOOL FEES.

Back in the day, I went to a private school. Fees were high, and my parents were not rich (they both had side hustles, and my dad had to take a second job even...how he did not develop hypertension under the strain is a miracle)...whose fees were quantillion times higher than the nearby LEA school, and another government school.

Guesss what....my private school had better housing,better classrooms, better chairs, etc..plus we got new exercise books whenever we needed them (I can only recall buying two exercise books in six years...and that was because the supplier was late with supplies, not because of the school running out of kudi)...because we PAID FEES that made sense.

Edo state budget is 420 million dollars. The University of New Hamshirre, the state uni of the New Hampshire state, spends 100million dollars on its university alone.The state budget is 16 billion dollars.

And you Nigerians would want schools to look 'decent' like they do in 'sane countries'...with WHICH MONEY?

Either Edo finds billions more naira, or Edo taxes everyone at a rate of 40-50% or Edo state...takes LOANS.

And this is the situation whoever is in charge. Whether APC, PDP, etc. Nigeria is not making enough money, because our leaders do not want to make the hard changes. AND THAT INCLUDES APC....Apc is very lazy.
Stop saying things that are wrong in all regards.
Has Nigerians told you that they will not pay high taxes?
The problem is if the taxes paid are properly utilized.
Let me tell you a story.: I live in Lagos and the part I live in we enjoy almost 24 hours power supply - Interesting right?
Now we have prepaid meters and we are charged higher than the regular charge per KWH.
Nobody complains of this charge because we are actually enjoying the service.

It's applicable in Nigeria too. If the people sees that the taxes are used for infrastructure development, good hospital, electricity, roads etc. We won't mind to pay 50%taxes. Provided we are seeing what the money is being used for.
Re: Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) by ogundeleai(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
Parrot69:
It's Time!!
The prophecy is making head way.
Can Bulaba block this one also
Good!
You're planing ahead to spend coming Xmas with your Mazi Kanu in prison.. Coincidentally, he's marking his 3rd Xmas anniversary in prison and you will be his special guest...
I wish you safe journey in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joy Adesina: Video Of Abiodun Giving OAU Best Medical Student N5M & A Bungalow / Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student / JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.