Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors (24844 Views)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Chetas81(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
Pakute:
This Government will never tolerate strike from any quarters. God bless the day Wike was born.
God bless the Government of Jagaban.
OLUYA
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Gbadebo01(m): 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/19/dont-threaten-me-with-strike-i-wont-pay-when-you-resume-wike-warns-doctors/

Such an insensitive thing to say. So he is not even bothered about the people that will suffer if they go on strike?
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Julius1995(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Clown. The man you are hailing has access -- together with his family -- to the best medical care abroad. You on the other hand do not. Assuming you are not in the country, any of your family does. Who play politics
with healthcare.
sholikay:
Wike the indaboski...the liquid metal....the fight..😃😃😂😂😂
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by GanagiBitrus: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Myer:

There is some thing as overdo.
The strike action has been abused.

Wike is doing well.
I agree.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by GanagiBitrus: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Angelfrost:

On the contrary, that's more than a real threat to them... Striking workers don't like hearing that.
Right.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Miracle2020: 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
Foolish Agbado people will be hailing him, they don't know that the man want to destroy tinubu so that he can contest in 2027.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by ufotunang: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
That is why doctors Japa to countries abroad that value their profession and go there for a better life... nigeria here government does not care .just care for themselves by sharing SUV cars among themselves and sharing money...... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by ufotunang: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
But when this doctors Japa to abroad to countries that value them and their profession and give them better life...you complain.....pay them now is a problem...but the money is there
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Vision101(m): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2023
@Gajagojo
Not doctors

How many doctors are left working for government in Nigeria

I honestly don't think Nigerians grasp the scale of the problem

I cannot trust my life to the hands of any doctor in Nigeria simply because I do not believe any quality doctor is left in the country and I am sure, very sure that Wike is the same
Any doctor still in Nigeria is there because he cannot pass exams to work abroad or is in the process of taking the exams.
No doctor under the age of 30 is planning to stay in the country to practise medicine.

@me
But he got cheap training from Nigeria. When legislatures wanted to introduce law to bond them they shouted. If you can't sacrifice for Nigeria why enjoy her cheap training? Travel to where you want to travel spend your money to train in those countries and it will be fair to practice anywhere you want.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Vision101(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2023
@Gajagojo
For one hour's work as an Orthopaedic surgeon in the UK you can earn £200
working in a modern hospital with the latest equipment
Now even there they are going on strike asking for more but compared to Nigeria it is heaven
The same UK where Ekweremadu is doing time

Why then would anyone even bother to stay and fight a battle that is more than 40 years old.

@me
You guys like quoting abroad and what is enjoyed there to intimidate. Some of us either have worked, are working or have persons that are work abroad. For every £ that you are paid you sure must earn it. No pp. No truancy. Unlike here that civil servants behave anyhow and full of laxity. A medical doctor could be answering private call unmindful whether someone is dying or not. He could make silly errors that cost lives and get away with it. He can't try this abroad.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 5:52am On Oct 20, 2023
Kyase:

Over doing what..
Let them go on strike, let's see how it ends

ASUU members are seriously regretting it now
U don't mess with health practitioners gee, leave politics out of health sector. U don't threaten doctors ohhhhhhh. Go and ask those that hv lost somebody all bcs of absence of doctors.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by kcbaba007: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2023
Shior!
I will not blame him, if he and any member of his family falls sick, they go for treatment outside the country, if it were that there is a law banning them from going abroad for treatment, he won't make such stupid statement
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Gajagojo: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2023
Vision101:
@Gajagojo
For one hour's work as an Orthopaedic surgeon in the UK you can earn £200
working in a modern hospital with the latest equipment
Now even there they are going on strike asking for more but compared to Nigeria it is heaven
The same UK where Ekweremadu is doing time

Why then would anyone even bother to stay and fight a battle that is more than 40 years old.

@me
You guys like quoting abroad and what is enjoyed there to intimidate. Some of us either have worked, are working or have persons that are work abroad. For every £ that you are paid you sure must earn it. No pp. No truancy. Unlike here that civil servants behave anyhow and full of laxity. A medical doctor could be answering private call unmindful whether someone is dying or not. He could make silly errors that cost lives and get away with it. He can't try this abroad.
I am trying without success to decipher your point
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Pristine664: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

U don't mess with health practitioners gee, leave politics out of health sector. U don't threaten doctors ohhhhhhh. Go and ask those that hv lost somebody all bcs of absence of doctors.

But your "Messiah" Obi allowed Doctors to go on strike for 13 months. grin
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Switruth: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Wike doing his things his own way regardless of the social media noise by handle mops.
You have been positioned to keep being toxic over people’s welfare. No worries for now. If I don’t hit you it will surely hit they thing or person you love most. Keep being so stupid and idiotic online thinking that life ends here.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Fearyourcreator: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Table your grievances, all the past strikes didn't make our government organizations function properly. A lot of people who work in public organizations in Nigeria love going on strike and most of them don't even work diligently.
Most government workers are very useless... asin useless
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by emmanuelbrown26: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
Pristine664:

But your "Messiah" Obi allowed Doctors to go on strike for 13 months. grin
Tell us what really happened then sir. How did it happen. Just explain not hearsay
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by ogmask: 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
Paramount01:

You forget Wike is a sound lawyer?

No sir, wike is not a sound lawyer he buys judgements. He has done very dumb things like sacking the teachers his predecessor employed and lost in the industrial court. No part of his life demonstrates his legal dexterity. If you feel otherwise please educate me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Says APC Supporters Attacked, Prevented Igbo, Non-party Members From Voting / Fayose Celebrates His 56th Birthday With The Disables (photos) / 700 Boko Haram Captives Have Escaped - Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.