Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors (24857 Views)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by LegallyBlunt: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
This man thinks he's badass and above everything.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by EthanSly: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
[sup][/sup]
sholikay:
Wike the indaboski...the liquid metal....the fight..😃😃😂😂😂
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Searchingvictor: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
Lol
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Berankis: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
"If they go on strike you save money" - what a mentality! And I thought this man was sensible. What of the lives that will be lost as a result of the strike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Smartguyboy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
we will determine it in court. because they knows the courts in Nigeria are all useless.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Angelfrost(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Doctors will be like...
Don't threaten us with No Work, no Pay.

On the contrary, that's more than a real threat to them... Striking workers don't like hearing that.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
ogmask:
Day never break yet for where wike dey. He think say Na everybody he fit bully. E go do dis gragra reach where dem go change am for am Na that time he go know say khaki nor be leather.
Strike or industrial action is a fundamental part of employee and employer relationships all over the world. To do otherwise is called suppression and coercion. A good leader negotiates while a bad leader instills fear through threats and in some cases, witchhunts union leaders.

He comes of as grossly crude and illiterate
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Shikena(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
“It’s not about promises but the reality on ground, I don’t believe in theory"

grin grin grin Honest conversation

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Whalis: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
gebest:
Is Wike normal at all.
Oponu look at the comment before yours. You will see a normal person. Then look at the comment below that you will see a mentally incapacitated human animal.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Exceed15: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Who u be? Try them na
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Gajagojo: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
Angelfrost:

On the contrary, that's more than a real threat to them... Striking workers don't like hearing that.
Not doctors

How many doctors are left working for government in Nigeria

I honestly don't think Nigerians grasp the scale of the problem

I cannot trust my life to the hands of any doctor in Nigeria simply because I do not believe any quality doctor is left in the country and I am sure, very sure that Wike is the same
Any doctor still in Nigeria is there because he cannot pass exams to work abroad or is in the process of taking the exams.
No doctor under the age of 30 is planning to stay in the country to practise medicine

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by spiSeyi: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wike the man with 10 ballsgrin grin
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by MrUchenna1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
Clever nations are the ones who keep changing their governments! Because power must change hands otherwise it will get spoiled and rot!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Bakrabas: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
ogmask:
Day never break yet for where wike dey. He think say Na everybody he fit bully. E go do dis gragra reach where dem go change am for am Na that time he go know say khaki nor be leather.
Strike or industrial action is a fundamental part of employee and employer relationships all over the world. To do otherwise is called suppression and coercion. A good leader negotiates while a bad leader instills fear through threats and in some cases, witchhunts union leaders.

Of course boss anomalies that you mentioned will happen in a society like Nigeria.

The civil servants that are meant to be neutral in political affairs are now the partisans and party flag bearers.

Sometimes, the opposition use them as a Union to destabilize the government.

In abroad, if you're a labor union member, you have no right to participate in the politics until you're tired as Labor Union...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Biodun556(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Abuja doctors don enter am grin
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Nyceguy92: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wike will go the hospitals and do the doctors' work when they go on strike.

No worker should be owed any salary areas in a country where politicians, legislators, and heads of various agencies stuff their wallets full with public funds.

Why would the replacement of health workers who left the service be enmeshed in beaurocracy. The result is more work load for the remaining few, and reduced efficiency.

Talking tough is cheap. When the strike happens, it is the poor that will suffer. Wike will not be affected.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/19/dont-threaten-me-with-strike-i-wont-pay-when-you-resume-wike-warns-doctors/

I don't blame you corrupt and arrogant creatures.

I blame the doctors who decided to stay back in a country that has already failed and has no hope of revival

I don japa tey tey and haven't regretted doing so for once.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Kukutente23: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Gajagojo:

Doctors ultimately go on Japa

Wike is making all this noise because his family do not use hospitals in Nigeria
doctors have a choice they can leave and they are leaving
not only doctors but nurses
The problem is what that means is only the low quality ones stay and those that they train are of even lower quality doing surgery the way it was done in the 1960s
In any given class of 100 medical graduates in Nigeria , within 10 years less than 70% are left in the country. most are leaving
So those left cannot be of good quality
What we have are those who return after training in places like Ukraine and Azerbaijan
That is why someone as rich as Mohbad cannot access a quality doctor what then for ordinary Nigerians

Doctors matter is not gragra

This started under Buhari as military Head of state in 1984 he sent soldiers to evict doctors by force from official quarters

Since that time Nigerian doctors know they will not practice in Nigeria. They are just getting cheap training

Who is the winner
Don't mind these hopeless Zombies
Everything is politics to them

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by JuanDeDios: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Table your grievances, all the past strikes didn't make our government organizations function properly. A lot of people who work in public organizations in Nigeria love going on strike and most of them don't even work diligently.
Right, many of them don't work diligently, but nobody really likes going on strike. The Nigerian government never does what it's meant to do.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Gajagojo: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
For one hour's work as an Orthopaedic surgeon in the UK you can earn £200
working in a modern hospital with the latest equipment
Now even there they are going on strike asking for more but compared to Nigeria it is heaven
The same UK where Ekweremadu is doing time

Why then would anyone even bother to stay and fight a battle that is more than 40 years old
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Sleekfingers: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
If care is not taken....doctors in Nigeria will reduce to 500
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Nyceguy92: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kyase:

Over doing what..
Let them go on strike, let's see how it ends

ASUU members are seriously regretting it now

Health workers - not just doctors alone, going on strike is serious matter.

ASUU is quite different from doctors.

Of course you will see how it ends when you or your relative must access Health care urgently.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Cmanforall: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/19/dont-threaten-me-with-strike-i-wont-pay-when-you-resume-wike-warns-doctors/

Wike better be careful on certain issues

If you overstretch it and the health of people start suffering and deaths start happening, the ordinary people in FCT will call for your head

#This I have seen grin
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Myer(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Doctors will be like...
Don't threaten us with No Work, no Pay.

There is some thing as overdo.
The strike action has been abused.

Wike is doing well.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Chibuzoripob: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
angry Who are those handle mops grin grin shocked
LeoDeKing:
Wike doing his things his own way regardless of the social media noise by handle mops.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by descarado: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
cococandy:

He comes of as grossly crude and illiterate
Na ogogoro dey talk.

Guy don't even look healthy.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
gebest:
Is Wike normal at all.

Lol
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Reference(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mr. Wike. This is not how to govern in a democracy.
You are placed there to find solutions by dialogue and dialogue is tenure long. That is the job.
Polarising the situation will only cause the industry to deteriorate from within.
You will win the battles but like most things misgoverned in Nigeria, you will lose the war.
Doctors, and the best of them will simply leave as they have been doing in frightening numbers recently, leaving the hospitals as mere 'Consulting Clinics'

Just heard today that an experienced cardiologist has left one of the tertiary government institutions and there is no immediate replacement.
One can only imagine what will happen to his patients in the coming days and weeks.
This is not the way to live.

Even if the resources are not there, just talk, create understanding and find solidarity.
That is leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Paramount01(m): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
ogmask:

You forget Wike is a sound lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by stasius: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kyase:

Over doing what..

They have gone on strike three times this year. How did it end? grin grin grin grin grin grin.

They were still paid in full. So relax.
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Badassniggga(m): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kyase:

Over doing what..

ASUU members regretting what? Have they not been paid their allowances accrued during their last strike?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Richest Politicians In Nigeria: See The Top 10 (LATEST UPDATE) / Ibrahim Shekarau Wins Senatorial Seat In Kano State / Women Block Jos-abuja Federal Highway To Protest Over Killings In Their Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.