Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I (3992 Views)

How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / Falling In Love With A Mature Man Who Is 14 Years Older Than Me. / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by hegokillme: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2011
I am 23 years and my boyfriend is about 37 years. after my previous breakup i met a man who was hitting on me at Walmart, the man introduce himself and said he owned a business ,instantly i fell in love.When i came to tell my father and sister about it ,they looked at me with disgust and told me i shouldn't be with a man that old. it was strange my father said that since he is 15 years older than my mother.

the problem is i really like this guy,he buys me stuff,he acts like a gentlemen,he is protective,he carries me,he calls me everyday. so much better than my yucky younger ex bf.

i told my family this but they still are against it

how can i convince them?, i am very in love and i believe this man has the intention of marrying me unlike my younger retarded ex bf.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by ebonyvibe(f): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2011
I hope this is love and you are not just carried away with the things he buys you and that most men your age do not have their businesses yet.

Personally i like men my age cos older men tend to be more controlling and we are probably not going thru the same phase as one another. For how to build his parents a house and I just want to go clubbing.

If i am anxious about something he might not really understand cos he has had the expereience so long ago he expects you to get over it quickly not to say it doesnt work for some but i am not a fan.

You cannot have a good argurment cos you feel you need to respect him. Its like having another dad my original one did a good job thanks very much dont need one in marriage i need a partner on equal level
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by mashnino(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2011
Sister i think you are about to hit a red pole, bera WATCH OUT!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by slimyem: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2011
mashnino:

Sister i think you are about to hit a red pole, bera WATCH OUT!!!!!!
exactly!
I think you are getting carried away by his spoiling you.you are not in love.look beyond your nose.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by kpolli(m): 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
so ur in love with him cos he spends on u. . . . women sha cry
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
@topic, to know if you really love him?ask youself this question? ''if he didnt have money will i still love him this much''? Because i think you are carried away by all the gifts hes buying for u.ur parents are just concerned about u.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by iice(f): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2011
Tell him to buy your family things. They may fall in love with him instanta!
Women. . .tufia
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Pure Raw Rubbish!. . . smiley[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Sijo01(f): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
iice:

[/b]Women. . .tufia

[b]
OMG, am LMAO!
babe, u bart oo.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
iice:

Tell him to buy your family things.  They may fall in love with him instanta!
Women. . .tufia

I wonder since when u turned Ibo

@OP, Ride one
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
Instantly?! shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by hegokillme: 12:42am On Oct 25, 2011
iice:

Women. . .tufia

your right once he buys them stuff they will know he has money,than they will regret if i dump him.
BlueBarbie:

@topic, to know if you really love him?ask youself this question? ''if he didnt have money will i still love him this much''? Because i think you are carried away by all the gifts hes buying for u.your parents are just concerned about u.

i guesss they are,and ofcourse i will like him without money, i really love this guy he is so nice.
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Pure Raw Rubbish!. . . smiley[/size]
i think your jealous that i found true love and you didnt,age is nothing but a number.

ebonyvibe:

I hope this is love and you are not just carried away with the things he buys you and that most men your age do not have their businesses yet.

Personally i like men my age cos older men tend to be more controlling and we are probably not going thru the same phase as one another. For how to build his parents a house and I just want to go clubbing.

If i am anxious about something he might not really understand cos he has had the expereience so long ago he expects you to get over it quickly not to say it doesnt work for some but i am not a fan.

You cannot have a good argurment cos you feel you need to respect him. Its like having another dad my original one did a good job thanks very much dont need one in marriage i need a partner on equal level
i never thought of it that way ,maybe your right, he often doesnt take my advice ,he always says your too young you will learn later.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by tellwisdom: 2:14am On Oct 25, 2011
I am 23 years and my boyfriend is about 37 years. after my previous breakup i met a man who was hitting on me at Walmart, the man introduce himself and said he owned a business ,instantly i fell in love.When i came to tell my father and sister about it ,they looked at me with disgust and told me i shouldn't be with a man that old. it was strange my father said that since he is 15 years older than my mother.

the problem is i really like this guy,he buys me stuff,he acts like a gentlemen,he is protective,he carries me,he calls me everyday. so much better than my yucky younger ex bf.

i told my family this but they still are against it

how can i convince them?, i am very in love and i believe this man has the intention of marrying me unlike my younger slow ex bf.

[size=19pt]ANOTHER FEMALE PLATINUM DIGGER grin grin grin grin. A female confessing this time cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by tellwisdom: 2:17am On Oct 25, 2011
Pure Raw Rubbish!. . .

i think your jealous that i found true love and you didnt,age is nothing but a number.

grin grin grin grin, I think u re jealous that i found true love.  Gbuhehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 25, 2011
tellwisdom:
[size=19pt]ANOTHER FEMALE PLATINUM DIGGER grin grin grin grin. A female confessing this time cheesy cheesy[/size]

Kai! You beat me to it lol. As an Anambra-Delta hybrid, I can assure you that is Igboticism at its highest lol.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by ebonyvibe(f): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2011
hegokillme:

your right once he buys them stuff they will know he has money,than they will regret if i dump him.

you are the most stupid girl ever
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by tellwisdom: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Kai! You beat me to it lol. As an Anambra-Delta hybrid, I can assure you that is Igboticism at its highest lol.

Nnnnnaaaa mehnnnnnnn cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by Pennywise(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
OP,
Go on girl. Have fun. Some babes here will risk jail term to be in your shoes. Enjoy the moment and let the future take care of itself. It always does.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by MMM2(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
op it is not ur BF but ur MANFRIEND angry
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by tashanja(m): 4:15am On Oct 26, 2011
Kiching, kiching! , the story and sound of another 9ja babe jamming and faking falling in love with an ATM machine, so whats new? Kiching, kiching!! cool
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by claremont(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2011
C-ock n Bull fairy tales!
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by omosexy1: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2011
@ Op I feel obliged to reply this thread. You are blinded by the present and cannot think about the future. 14 years is way too much. Your opinions will never count cos he sees you as his pet than a partner. I think your new man wants someone he can control and manipulate. Cos I cant believe myself dating someone I am older than with 14 years. To be honest with you, your love is money love which will definitely fade as you get older. Nobody is jealous of you, just be cautious. You said your dad is 15 years older than your mom and he is not in support of this new found love. Well, like they say experience is the best teacher. He probably don't want you to go through the same thing. Look before you leap. Love is not all about someone getting you gifts and you should know that marriage is not all about someone buying you chewing gums, clothes and meatpies.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by bekay911(f): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2011
LmaO gal dey say for ibo dat Onye ube ya ruru Ya rachawa. Urpear don done make u lick dey go
Re: My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I by hegokillme: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2011
omosexy1:

@ Op I feel obliged to reply this thread. You are blinded by the present and cannot think about the future. 14 years is way too much. Your opinions will never count cos he sees you as his pet than a partner. I think your new man wants someone he can control and manipulate. Cos I cant believe myself dating someone I am older than with 14 years. To be honest with you, your love is money love which will definitely fade as you get older. Nobody is jealous of you, just be cautious. You said your dad is 15 years older than your mom and he is not in support of this new found love. Well, like they say experience is the best teacher. He probably don't want you to go through the same thing. Look before you leap. Love is not all about someone getting you gifts and you should know that marriage is not all about someone buying you chewing gums, clothes and meatpies.

thxs for the advice it turns out the guy was getting married, your right he just saw me as a pet. i have such bad luck with men.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That All Ladies That Wear Bikini Are Guilty Of This ????? / Divorce Diary..Very Emotional True Story- Must Read / When They Say They Wanna Help....watch Closely (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.