Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin (1899 Views)

Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document / Traders Seek ECOWAS Intervention As Ghana Shuts 400 Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by soojar(m): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

Same in US. What 1 million naira can buy is the same as what 1000 can buy

So naira is eveb doing better than dollar

Agbado economics cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are we talking about another currency now? or still on the same Ghana/Naira comparison?

We learn every day
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by kk2027: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
soojar:

Are we talking about another currency now? or still on the same Ghana/Naira comparison?

We learn every day

Everything you said about Ghana currency also applies to dollars too.
So naira is better than dollar cheesy
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by soojar(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

Same in US. What 1 million naira can buy is the same as what 1000 can buy

So naira is eveb doing better than dollar

Agbado economics cheesy cheesy cheesy

In Economics there is what we call nominal value and real value. Try to find out about the 2 and then we can discuss your "Agbado Economics"

We learn every day
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by kk2027: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
soojar:

In Economics there is what we call nominal value and real value. Try to find out about the 2 and then we can discuss your "Agbado Economics"

We learn every day

Agbado economics

We voted out GEJ because dollar was 200naira
But we're defending same dollar at 1200

This government will favor me
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by soojar(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

Agbado economics

We voted out GEJ because dollar was 200naira
But we're defending same dollar at 1200

I am not commenting on your political affiliation (at least not for the purpose of your post today)

My comment is on your comparison of Cedis and Naira, and I am telling you to do a proper comparison if you really know anything about the topic you are dabbling into.

We learn every day.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Iriruaga100(m): 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

Life is not easy anywhere even in UK with GBP

1million naira is now about 12k Ghana Cedis

How many Ghanaians get GHC12000 for their account? If you didn’t know something seek proper education. Ghana is the most expensive country in Africa to live in right now. The good thing you enjoy in Ghana is stable electricity and security. You can visit Ghana for one month and compare the cost of living with that of Nigeria. Every of your ignorance go clear!
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Bakrabas: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
soojar:

I am not commenting on your political affiliation (at least not for the purpose of your post today)

My comment is on your comparison of Cedis and Naira, and I am telling you to do a proper comparison if you really know anything about the topic you are dabbling into.

We learn every day.

You get brain Boss you maintain the comparison argument and the guy is diverting.

Truly you've the knowledge of what you're talking about.

The guy just jumped to political matter about the amount that GEJ left the Dollars

No mind him
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by soojar(m): 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bakrabas:

You get brain Boss you maintain the comparison argument and the guy is diverting.

Truly you've the knowledge of what you're talking about.

The guy just jumped to political matter about the amount that GEJ left the Dollars

No mind him

Bro, if not for what Nairaland has turned into. It's not somebody with his level of intelligence I should be engaging in an educative argument. But sometimes you just need to put some of them in their place. fortunately or unfortunately for him, I get his time today.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by kk2027: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
Iriruaga100:

How many Ghanaians get GHC12000 for their account? If you didn’t know something seek proper education. Ghana is the most expensive country in Africa to live in right now. The good thing you enjoy in Ghana is stable electricity and security. You can visit Ghana for one month and compare the cost of living with that of Nigeria. Every of your ignorance go clear!
$1k is 1.2million naira

But since many Americans don't have $1k in their accounts , it means naira is doing better than dollars

Agbado economics cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Learner247: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

After all the English and defending failure

You need at least 80k naira just to get 1k Ghana cedis cheesy cheesy

$1 is actually equal to about 120,000 Cedis if you factor in the fact that 4 zeros were wiped away from the old Cedis to arrive at the current one some years ago.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by kk2027: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
Learner247:

$1 is actually equal to about 120,000 Cedis if you factor in the fact that 4 zeros were wiped away from the old Cedis to arrive at the current one some years ago.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is stopping you from adding and removing 5 zeros?
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by teewhydope(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

$1k is 1.2million naira

But since many Americans don't have $1k in their accounts , it means naira is doing better than dollars

Agbado economics cheesy

Stop embarrassing yourself, smh.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Learner247: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is stopping you from adding and removing 5 zeros?

Are you being sarcastic? I only pointed out that things are bad with the Naira, but the GHC is not a better currency.

My regards.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by misreal(m): 12:55am On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You still don't get if you don't know that the N80k is actually about 10 million cedis. O ma şe o.

This is why those in authorities don't take you serious. They know that all you know is play on the social media. Even Ghana is so badly indebted to Nigeria that it's offering to pay us in gold. If you go take naira to buy a weak currency like cedis then it shows your very low economic power.

What on earth will I be doing with cedi! shocked
I can't even exchange my naira for a currency like cedi. Cedi to do what? Currency of a country that can't pay sovereign debt is what you are hyping? Smh.
Abeg leave the social media and go and read your books.
I didn’t know you were this knowledgeable oh..But why then are you supporting hamas?..I sincerely want to know.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by misreal(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:

Height of delusion

Yes it used to be so until government became turn by turn

Update yourself bro
Me too I refused to believe it at first cheesy

You need close to 100k naira now to get 1000 Ghana Cedis
do you know what is means to devalue a certain currency??…
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by etrange: 1:21am On Oct 21, 2023
OP, if the exchange rate difference is your own measure of economy or living cost/standard, then you need to take classes on basic economics.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by samsard(m): 4:33am On Oct 21, 2023
etrange:
OP, if the exchange rate difference is your own measure of economy or living cost/standard, then you need to take classes on basic economics.
They're trying to correct him and he's still on about "agbado economics." I didn't even support Tinubu and yet I know the face value of a currency in terms of exchange does not say everything.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by kk2027: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2023
etrange:

Anybody stop you from doing the same to your currency?

Abi until you need to use a bullion van to transport money to market just to buy bread
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Elxandre(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:
Imagine $1 equals 12 Ghana Cedis
And our own is over 1100

Who Nigeria offend like this
Stop being ignorant bro.
From your analogy, you the naira is stronger.
Forget the two zeros in front.
Re: Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin by Akposkiz: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hmmmm! It is well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Loan For My Business Can Anybody Help? / Make Money While Sleeping / A Short Guide To Email Etiquette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.