Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds (10732 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Irony1: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2023
tolue42:

Business world indeed.

They are the only one running businesses in Nigeria? That is how you keep deceiving yourselves that you've bought over all Lagos land, yet database proves otherwise. Always chest beating!

Lekki deep sea port road is not yet completed, my company is located around that axis. Hitech is the company constructing that road, from Dangote fertilizer junction to Eleko junction.

Couple of weeks ago a news hit the from page that federal government approved a coaster road from Lagos to calabar right That is the road that news was referring to. The new approved road will just connect with what HITECH have been constructing since.

While craneburg started their own construction from Epe T junction to Abraham adesanya(NOT PART OF THE COASTER ROAD)

You guys don't even think I swear.

But you were one of those last year spreading lies that Lekki Deep sea port had caused reduced numbers for other West African ports, when in fact it was a lie.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by CandleEyes(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2023
FG should make Lekki port for export of local produce and Apapa port for import.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Basicend: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2023
MasterShifu010:
White horse 🤔

No, white elephant!
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Seun360(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:

This government will favor me grin grin

1million naira now is about 12k Ghana Cedis

Ode, like father like son.

Your mumu father didn't tell you Ghana rebased their currency in 2007/08 by removing four 0s from their digit.

Little research would have helped you.

Well, it's hereditary sha.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Jallotti: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Nothing good can never come out of evil. cheesy grin cheesy
Efry whia FAILURE for APC!
The curse is real!
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by tsdarkside(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2023
afube:

go and tell that to the port owners and investors.........whether they will not slap that silliness from your amala face!

petty importers,olodos....no go look for better jobs to do....

make una dey their dey play....

petty importers dey call themselves now industrialists....swegbes....

ultra modern nonesense....
international gbagbos....
giants of scrapes....
die tryin to get the scrapes....

una are not ashamed of yourselves....
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by NAC1666: 9:32am On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by tolue42(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Irony1:

But you were one of those last year spreading lies that Lekki Deep sea port had caused reduced numbers for other West African ports, when in fact it was a lie.

Please show us the news here... We want to read it

Lekki deep sea port is completed.

We are talking about major road here, it was a single lane before, but government don't want the place to turn to Apapa, so that is why they are expanding it
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Irony1: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2023
tolue42:

Please show us the news here... We want to read it

Lekki deep sea port is completed.

We are talking about major road here, it was a single lane before, but government don't want the place to turn to Apapa, so that is why they are expanding it

Gaslighting 101 I am not surprised.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Jack500: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2023
successmatters:

Don't mind them, they thought it will make us suffer?

You urgently need brain!
So, your people no dey suffer, keep fooling yourself
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by DeLaRue: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
Theunbothered:

Go and open your factory to export. When you do you will understand that it's rubbish you just typed. grin

Well, I am making my own contribution and not hoping the country fails like some people are hoping.

Others like Mr Dangote and the BUA man are working non stop to help the country, and of course themselves.

80% of items 1 & 2 on the Statisense data you provided will no longer be imported within the next 2 years.

Many other items on that list can and will be produced in Nigeria.

We must reduce non-essential imports as much as possible, and that's why I think the government is not bothered by black market dollar rate especially now that the 42 previously banned products have been allowed to buy dollars from the official market. Infact, the CBN Governor must be looking at the import statistics and be smiling to himself. The black market is doing the job of killing non essential imports without the CBN lifting a finger.

Goods that are imported at black market dollar rate are no longer affordable to many, so demand for them is reducing drastically, thereby reducing imports drastically. The black market is doing the job of the CBN in curtailing non essential imports.

In the medium term, that will rebalance the economy towards more local production, greater real employment, increase in GDP, and general improvement in overall prosperity.

It is unfortunate that in the short term, many will be affected negatively. However, in 3 or 4 years, the rebanlancing of the economy will be firmly on track.

Short term pain for long term gain, or short term gain for medium term bankruptcy. The choice is Nigeria 's to make.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Theunbothered: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
DeLaRue:

Well, I am making my own contribution and not hoping the country fails like some people are hoping.

Others like Mr Dangote and the BUA man are working non stop to help the country, and of course themselves.

80% of items 1 & 2 on the Statisense data you provided will no longer be imported within the next 2 years.

Many other items on that list can and will be produced in Nigeria.

We must reduce non-essential imports as much as possible, and that's why I think the government is not bothered by black market dollar rate especially now that the 42 previously banned products have been allowed to buy dollars from the official market. Infact, the CBN Governor must be looking at the import statistics and be smiling to himself. The black market is doing the job of killing non essential imports without the CBN lifting a finger.

Goods that are imported at black market dollar rate are no longer affordable to many, so demand for them is reducing drastically, thereby reducing imports drastically. The black market is doing the job of the CBN in curtailing non essential imports.

In the medium term, that will rebalance the economy towards more local production, greater real employment, increase in GDP, and general improvement in overall prosperity.

It is unfortunate that in the short term, many will be affected negatively. However, in 3 or 4 years, the rebanlancing of the economy will be firmly on track.

Short term pain for long term gain, or short term gain for medium term bankruptcy. The choice is Nigeria 's to make.

Wow this guy is actually very dumb did you not read that most of Nigeria's imports are basic things we need for survival? How many people did you think could afford imported cream when surviving on 1 dollar a day? .

No wonder all the graduates in Nigeria want to japa. grin

It's not wishing and hoping that caused the problems you are facing today it is Tinubu's stupidity.

He wants to make Nigerians poorer with no access to fuel and food to stop "non essential imports" that have no major effect on the economy.

He also wants the same Nigerians without access to electricity, medicine, and machines that are imported to start producing, how?

This is what politics of bitterness, envy and hate does to you people. grin
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by spy24(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. What does this have to do with Igbo? This is a project that took like 20 years from envisioning by President Bola Tinubu when he was the Lagos state Governor, to take off to be realized today.

The port will last for more than 100 years so 6 months of starting is still trial phase and they're actively building up shipments with more of transhipment for now to ensure that the 6 lane roads and other constructions are perfected. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Why are you excluding Igbos na..
I thought they are meant to be mentioned in every thread na
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Perseverance127: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2023
successmatters:
grin

This is good news for bat supporters, afterall, na Igbo they build the seaport for, Igbos will lose money tire.

As long as igbos are suffering high exchange rates, we are happy grin
you will be at the receiving end Mr. Common sense
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by MasterShifu010(m): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
Basicend:

No, white elephant!

Okay na elephant dem Dey call am Abi 😏
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by successmatters(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
NaijaCrusader:
Forget about Nairaland and the tribal sentiments and banter that go on here. Lots and lots of Yoruba's supported Peter Obi which is why he was able to win Lagos State. It is only natural that Tinubu being a Yoruba man that most of supporters would be Yoruba but you should not because of that fact castigate a whole ethnic group despite the fact they supported Peter Obi whom they saw as a credible election in millions.
The Rufai Useni and Dele Farotimi to mention that some of you celebrate are Yoruba's.
Then you have the young crusaders like Mr Macaroni,Falz etc. Speak against the poster and not against a tribe it will help Nigeria if we can all develop this mentality

Your getting it wrong, in no place dis I mention yorubas, I only mentioned those tribalistic people here on nairaland who continued to import tribal rants into every topic. Those are the people am referring to, I am aware that many many yorubas voted foe Peter Obi, and am still grateful for their objectivity.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by NaijaCrusader: 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
I hate to have to dab into debating where a Nigerian comes from but Rufai is definitely a Yoruba man. I remember that Peter Obi asked him personally one day on Arise TV and I actually thought he said he is from Kwara but just a little google search that I did on him most are saying he is from Ogun. No mention of Edo maybe his mother is from Edo or he has some kind of roots from Edo but he was definitely born and grew in Ogun and is either from Ogun or Kwara but he is definitely a Yoruba man
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://naijabionet.com/2023/03/15/oseni-rufai-biography-net-worth-age-career-wife-state-of-origin-education-father-mother-and-more/&ved=2ahUKEwjoyZzi9YeCAxWCWEEAHcOKD-MQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0MXk5CrxxM1ndpl9KOCzsE

Evboesi:
take Oseni Rufai out of your mouth, he’s an Edo, from Etsako Auchi
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by stepaside1: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2023
gift01:
It’s just a matter of time that port will boom especially when the adjoining road is fully fixed by Dangote
I share this view. The Port will eventually boom, it is a matter of time. I am disappointed though with the transport infrastructure into and out of the port and adjoining areas.

Massive road and rail infrastructure should have gone on side by side with the constructiin of Lekki Port, Dangote Refinery, Fertilizer and other industries around the Lekki axis. Not doing that upfront calls the thinking of those in charge to question. They can still remedy the situation by fastracking road and rail infrastructure around the Lekki area to facilitate business.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by Putinofrussia: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2023
successmatters:
grin

This is good news for bat supporters, afterall, na Igbo they build the seaport for, Igbos will lose money tire.

As long as igbos are suffering high exchange rates, we are happy grin
lol
Industries import more than petty traders.
Why do you always think that Igbos import more than the Yorubas who have more industries and are very business savvy?

I think the most import into Nigeria now is fuel and it is dominated by the Yorubas.
Though I like us to export more than being an import driven nation.
Just to state the fact.
Re: Lekki Port Struggles To Gain Traction Amidst Economic Headwinds by afube: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

petty importers,olodos....no go look for better jobs to do....

make una dey their dey play....

petty importers dey call themselves now industrialists....swegbes....

ultra modern nonesense....
international gbagbos....
giants of scrapes....
die tryin to get the scrapes....

una are not ashamed of yourselves....

Petty importers and they are about to drive your butts into dahomey or is it cotonou........give ndigbo another 10 years and Lagos will be lost for good under the indomitable power of gala selling and petty importing.......una want one Nigeria ...and one Nigeria you gonna get...ndi iyoro!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts / Man Drowns While Evading Police Arrest In Delta / FADAMA Promotes Agriculture In Malkohi IDP Camp Yola (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.