Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tinubu, Sanusi, Subsidies And The Economics Of Empathy By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Sanusi, Subsidies And The Economics Of Empathy By Farooq A. Kperogi (10616 Views)

Why Tinubu Must Restore Fuel Subsidies Now - Farooq A. Kperogi / House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies / 2023: Tinubu- Sanusi Ticket A Perfect Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Tinubu, Sanusi, Subsidies And The Economics Of Empathy By Farooq A. Kperogi by FalseProphet1(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

Someone that cannot even speak out when he should. 🙄
How?
Re: Tinubu, Sanusi, Subsidies And The Economics Of Empathy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutente23: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
All these tinubu paid writers sha

Removing subsidy and floated of naira is the prescribed drugs yes but the method of administration of the said drug and dosage was completely wrong.... The right drug can kill you if administered wrongly

As it stands now we are back worse than we were achieved absolutely nothing... Subsidy is back and naira is pegged... So what exactly did tinubu achieve?

Solutions I stand with Peter Obi on his plan.. We need to do exactly what Zambia did

1) Restructure our loans-yes people would say this would worsen our loan payments long term... Yes I agree but here is the benefits
Right now debt servicing to revenue is over 105%....we can restructure extand payment duration and reduce the amount of payment... If we can reduce payment obligations by 60% that would be ideal
One of the things responsible for dollar scarcity is government mopping up dollars to service debt... If we succeed in the above that demand drops by 60%

2) Look for foreign lenders for stimulus package of say $15 billion to $25 billion - borrow more money? Absolutely yes ... But this loans would not be used for infrastructure payment of salaries or subsidy... This loan would go 100% percent to manufacturers that meets certain conditions at a good interest rate

The conditions
a) manufacturer must be manufacturering a product Nigerians import at a price not more than the landing cost of such a product... You must prove you can produce at that price or lower

b) you manufacturer or produce goods Nigeria can export at a price lower than the international average price

c) you import goods have distribution network and cab prove you can manufacturer same goods you import at your landing cost

Loans would be given to Banks at 3% interest rate to loan at 10% interest rate

Loans can only be used for expanding production

Manufacturers are given 3 years breaks before loan repayment can start

3) use technology to track petroleum usage Egypt and many examples can be copied

If we can get the real daily consumption which I believe is around 30 million litres daily

[b]This is complex but I believe can be achieved... To talk about my proposed methods here would take too much time [/b]

With the above done in 6 months to 2 years... A smart president would have saved enough reserve to then float the naira and defend it

We might even find subsidy can be afforded
Why will they go through the stress of the doing all these when they can simply loot and have their supporters defend them
Re: Tinubu, Sanusi, Subsidies And The Economics Of Empathy By Farooq A. Kperogi by mariahAngel(f): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2023
FalseProphet1:

How?

How?
Were you not dissatisfied and disappointed with his reaction, after Atiku gave that famous press conference concerning Tinubu's questionable certificate? I was utterly disappointed.
He does not seem to have the courage and doggedness it takes to be Nigeria's president yet.
He's always too careful (I dare say fearful) not to offend.
You can't be baba jeje and expect to be Nigeria's president.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Set To Release 60,000 Metric Tonnes Of Food Grains To Stabilise Prices / Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters / 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.