Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts (13262 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Rape: Prophet T.B Joshua Raped Me, Trapped Me In Synagogue For 14 Years – Woman / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Zooposki(f): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Not true. Excessive drinking, random casual sex, and exposure to possible club violence, will shorten your life

Minus the drinking, exposure to violence and casual sex. I’m talking of the dancing and the general wellbeing of socializing. It’s mostly the socializing that extends your life.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Tendd: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2023
Interesting! People of 7th day Adventist in Loma Linda, California live longer than most Americans.Most live up to a 100 years.The sardinia region in Italy,who are predominantly Catholics also have people that are up to a 100.Same for Ikaria,Greece,Nicoya in Costa Rica and also Okinawa,Japan who also have their own belief systems.lt is Refreshing that most of those regions with lots of centenarians are a kind of faith based communities.
This is however not a similar case for Nigeria where life expectancy is at 55 years despite being very prayerful.Poor healthcare, lack of fitness exercise and nutrition could be the reasons.Even Nigerians abroad aren't better either,despite having better and accessible healthcare.Most are either Obese or overweight specifically in the UK and USA.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by gabbasin: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2023
Dey play, better have a good social life, church kΓ², life ni
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Roboto11: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2023
Maynman:
Una no wan go heaven? πŸ˜‚

grin
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by vickydevoka(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2023
LalastiklaIa:

To be honest

I become very depressed after attending church

I don't just fit in.
πŸ˜‚
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Sweetvie: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2023
Lol
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by debeginin(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Is true… πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’― Bible say β€œ They go from strength to strength everyone that appears in Zion β€œ
And the length of thy days I shall fulfill.(Ex 23:25)
Going to church and serving him in knowledge and revelation does.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Dougad: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2023
tunjidare2:
My friends wife died coming back from night vigil 2 months ago. She is just 28 years old and left two kids.

She got hit by a truck or what? How did it happen?
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Dougad: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2023
Social gathering, jokes, and not worrying about problems for a short while is what does it, I'm guessing.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by gudugudumeje: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2023
Church marketing; simple and clear.

However, praise worship activities do prolong life in a number of ways; and in which active church goers are always found involved. Happy mood, smiles, dancing, active optimism, et al equally do as much.

Late Adesida I, the Deji of Akure lived to 120years of age. And there was no church he was going.....

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by PoliteActivist: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
The simple facts is that attending Social gatherings elongates life, especially when you don't drink or engaged in other social vices. This is because it relieves you from emotional stress and depression. A lot of people have been saved from committing suicide just for attending social gatherings, and Religious gathering is one of the social gatherings. Only a FULL doubt proves.

That's part of it. I see spending 2 years in prison gave you some wisdom (did you really spend 2 years in prison?) It is not church per se. It is the lifestyle it engenders. Example, whenever people go to a good prison abroad for a long time they always come out looking younger and fresher than those outside. Therefore the human being who will live the longest BY FAR is the person who is in a GOOD prison - regular sleep pattern, healthy diet, exercise, socialization with other good prisoners, peace of mind, no wife or husband or kids to worry about, not much stress, regular hours, no sex, or alcohol, or cigarettes, or drugs, or bad cults, etc.
Why won't they live long, healthy lives??
So, religion is sort of a self-imposed good prison - you'll likely live a long, healthy life. But is that the way life should be lived? If you live a life of freedom and adventure where you do what you feel like doing, go where you feel like going, eat what you feel like eating, all with some moderation, etc, you'll likely have a shorter life, but...
See below

1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcS2mslqBE?si=09mQFd_c0SrHRc4c

Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Belleful: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2023
The opposite in Nigeria
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by LoveJesus87(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2023
LalastiklaIa:

To be honest

I don't just fit in.
The devil is very busy on your case... that's the best way he can get you

To make what would be of utmost benefit to your life and destiny repugnant to you..

What you need is to force/discipline yourself to go...
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by juman(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2023
Worshipping one imaginary god gives the person hope.
Hence it can prolong life span.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by saintkel(m): 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ready007:
Lieing son of a Jesus, going to church will actually shorting your life by 50% percent, religion is a disease
religion is not, just say Islam is
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by meobizy(f): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
Christians telling lies again. Omoh, these people do not believe in their religion because they consciously lie.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Smartguyboy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
Okinawa, Japan is a Blue Zone where a remarkable number of people live to 100. Residents live with intention, have life-long friends, and eat lots of vegetables Not going to church.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by MrBroke(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
I can't go to any religious place no more
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by odonkoro: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2023
Religion is very contradictory; why will you want to stay in a sinful and unpleasant place for a longer period?
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by chachanga: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
LalastiklaIa:
Going to church actually spike depression levels for me.
Snake lovers don't do too well in Church. Might be from a fear of what befell the first snake in Eden Garden. πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by chukkystar(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
It's not about Living long, it's about actually Living a Life and impacting people positively
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Newyorkitis(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
LalastiklaIa:

To be honest

I don't just fit in.

Several people in the Bible met Jesus Christ and became depressed because he did not dance to their tune.
For example: a rich man came and told Jesus that he has been keeping all the commandments right from his childhood. He wanted Jesus to say wow! You have made heaven straight!
But Jesus told him, go back home, sell your property and follow me.
The man went home sorrowful.

#People want the Priest or pastor to say want they want to hear.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Zinpat: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Pulse.ng

The comforting words and assurance gotten from church also play important roles
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by writeprof(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
Those researches have not filled any gaps in knowledge.

It's not GOING TO CHURCH that prolonged the lives of the people. It's the people's RELATIONSHIP with the GOD they go to CHURCH to worship that prolonged their lives - You need the Holy Spirit to guide you to arrive at this result as it's not subject to scientific verification.

If a person does not have a relationship with GOD personally, the pressures and authority that some churches (especially one man churches) put on their members definitely does not contribute to prolonge their lives.
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mad people
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by alobright17(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Pulse.ng
mad people I'm an expert and in my own findings going to church is the most foolish thing I used to do ,
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Henry22(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Or shortens it by a few months grin

Yes cos it's either you bomb someone or someone bombs you.... grin
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by UnemployedGradu: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Pulse.ng
I don't attend churches, I just do it occasionally since 2013. Countries with people that are atheist perform better than Nigeria. What is the usefulness of all these churches in Nigeria? Well am ready to die, waiting for when God would take my live since he has deprived me of enjoying the good things of life the way I want!
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by CLRF: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
What about going to BABALAWO?

-600 years
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by Okwyjesus(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Pulse.ng

I don't need the study to know.

The devil is using some of his children to discourage people from going to church.

The dancing
Soul lifting message
Encouragement
Hope
Etc.....
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by CLRF: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2023
UnemployedGradu:
I don't attend churches, I just do it occasionally since 2013. Countries with people that are atheist perform better than Nigeria. What is the usefulness of all these churches in Nigeria? Well am ready to die, waiting for when God would take my live since he has deprived me of enjoying the good things of life the way I want!

Your choice to become a failure deprived you a choice of good life. Your mates who are super religious are doing better in life, they graduated with top classes result.

Why did you failed?
Re: Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts by judedwriter(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
LalastiklaIa:
Going to church actually spike depression levels for me.

I think you are hiding something from God....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

39 Catholic Priests Killed, 30 Kidnapped In 2022 / If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? / Which Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.