Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized (11630 Views)

How Paternity Fraud Is Finding Its Way Into Northern Nigeria / Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by bigdammyj: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2023
Noted.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by ehissi(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

It takes two to tango. If your wife gets pregnant outside marriage, then there must be another man involved. You cannot punish the wife and let the man go. The same goes for adultery.

Is it the cheating man that made the husband believe that he is the father of the child, abi you recently just came back from APC meeting?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by yemmit90: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Who exactly should be penalised here? The errant wife or the sperm donor?

The WIFE as long as she is legally married.

The penalty should not less than 20 years in jail. The sperms donor should also be punish by heavy fine.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Mrbenny001: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:
You guys on this thread are just hilarious! cheesy cheesy cheesy maybe it's because you have all taken overdose of the redpill. You have all completely failed to understand my point.

Paternity fraud is in most cases an outcome of adultery. The man that got the wife pregnant is just as responsible as the wife that pins the pregnancy on the unsuspecting husband. If there is any punishment, both should be penalised. grin
How about a girl that got pregnant and rope it on a man before they got married... your education get k leg

2 Likes

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Maynman: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Paternity fraud is in most cases an outcome of adultery.
In what cases is paternity fraud not an outcome of adultery?

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Orlatunday11(m): 9:52am On Oct 24, 2023
YES,‼️❗
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Angelfrost(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Who exactly should be penalised here? The errant wife or the sperm donor?

This is easily one of the dumbest things I have read online in a while now.

You mean a sperm donor can know more about the paternity of a child than the one who carried the pregnancy?!! Dear Lawd!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Olumeme: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2023
What of cases where babies are exchanged at the Hospital, who get purnished?
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by pansophist(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2023
The simple fact that paternity fraud is not criminalized, mandatory at birth, and some countries (eg France) even prevent fathers from doing paternity, is the single evidence that proves female privilege.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by HeadNigga: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Under head bridge.
u good?

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Fahvvy: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2023
The world we live in still holds the notion that women have a "pure heart" and thus even when they comot crimes, they are let of or at best have very light sentences as compared to men undecided...

When I was reading about this subject, I came across a blog that said "paternity fraud isn't a punishable crime under the law and that if a woman is dragged to court cause of this, the court may even tell the man to continue taking responsibility for the child's upkeep" undecided...

So not only would the court not punish the woman in almost 100% of the time, you as the man who isn't the biological father could be mandated by the court to continue supporting the child if the court deems it fit undecided...

Men! Be wise! undecided...
Stay away from promiscuous women undecided...
If you must marry,please marry only virgins undecided...

I'm not insinuating that virgins are saints, but there's a higher probability that a w.hore will pin another man's child on you as compared to a virgin girl undecided...

And if you're a victim of paternity fraud, don't count on the law to help you, cause it's not a crime according to the law, find a way to handle matters by yourself undecided...

How you choose to do that is left to your discretion grin...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Mosba: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2023
Women are right we men think through our dicks, bad enough it's the first weakness of men they understood ever before feeding Adam with the apple. Go to any country in the world and you find out that there are strong law made in the sole interest of women. Funny enough if you go to our house of assembly you find out that men outnumbered women 3 to 1 yet no one has ever raised this terrible concern that has ruined the lives of many men. There are many men with health condition that can't allow them to impregnate a woman without treatment yet they are fathers to countless children in the society because their wives consciously or unconsciously took care of that. Every general hospital either state or federal government hospital must have a lab for carrying out DNA test at a very low cost. Like it or not many communities around the world are now having Kings, Oba or Obi that are not of royal bloods.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Maynman: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2023
Olumeme:
Extremely rare.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by lawani: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2023
The child of a married woman belongs to her husband and that is what the supreme court in any country will rule if it becomes a dispute. However it can be different if the husband agrees with his wife. Otherwise. No. The child will even resemble the husband or do you think it is only DNA that causes resemblance?

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by b4ball: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:
You guys on this thread are just hilarious! cheesy cheesy cheesy maybe it's because you have all taken overdose of the redpill. You have all completely failed to understand my point.

Paternity fraud is in most cases an outcome of adultery. The man that got the wife pregnant is just as responsible as the wife that pins the pregnancy on the unsuspecting husband. If there is any punishment, both should be penalised. grin
You clearly don’t know the meaning of paternity fraud, hence mistaken it for adultery.

It’s the criminal act of pinning Mr A’s pregnancy on Mr B.
Or willing leading Mr A to believe he is solely responsible for a pregnancy when you know you ate multiple d^cks during the window of conception, hence making it a probability.

This can happen even in unmarried relationships. And it’s solely a woman’s fault and choice.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Padipadi(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Seconded
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by spiSeyi: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2023
With capital punishment angry
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by loswhite(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2023
advanceDNA:

I can bet my last card his babe is on nairaland.....his girlfriend will beat him if he doesn't support women grin grin .....can u imagine a man blaming men for paternity fraud.....
Lol useless men
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Angelfrost(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2023
Olumeme:

In such cases, the test will show clearly that the woman is not the mother.

Paternity fraud is when the test shows the woman is the mother but the man is not the father.

Try not to confuse or complicate simple things.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by rumenase(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2023
advanceDNA:

Shiorr.....
bro the guy just weak me I swear 😂
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Geovanni412(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2023
BigYash:
20years in jail with hard labor ,won't be a bad idea..

What will happen to the poor child?

Better punishment would be this...

Man is allowed to divorce the woman and she is not entitled to child support or alimony.

It should be a ground for a woman not to earn alimony.

And if the couple are unmarried, the man should be entitled to damages equating with the sum of money spent on child support during the period before it was noticed.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Geovanni412(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

It takes two to tango. If your wife gets pregnant outside marriage, then there must be another man involved. You cannot punish the wife and let the man go. The same goes for adultery.

Don't confuse the weight of the two issues

Commiting adultery is wrong but a man can forgive her

Paternity fraud is 100x worse than adultery because the woman cheated on the man, got pregnant and made him believe the child was his.

Adultery may be a one-off event

Paternity fraud can go on for 20+ years without the man ever knowing he is not the father

For paternity fraud punishment, we are not punishing the woman for being adulterous

We are punishing the woman for deceiving the husband or partner that the child belongs to him.

The key element of this 'crime' is deception.. it is this deception that leads the man to commit time, money and resources towards taking care of a child that was never his.

You get the point...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Nicepoker(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

This man. grin
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by MXrep: 10:30am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Stop this meaningless argument. She gave her consent
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2023
Community service for 3 years coupled with reasonable gift to a designated charity home once / month.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Teeklef(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2023
Assuming I am the president,i will declare DNA free and compulsory. Ile gbogbo yin o ni roju,Ona yin o ni Toro,Okan yin o ni bale.......funny thinker😂

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2023
advanceDNA:

Sigh!!

Is it that u don't know what paternity fraud is or ur girlfriend dey monitor ur comment on nairaland??
He's either a slow individual or a kid who knows nothing about the topic
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by sneak3(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2023
HeatSeeker:

While your point make sense, this is all on the woman. She's married, she cheated and by her act of non disclosure of the true paternity of her child , she should face the music .

The man she cheated with can deny knowledge of her married status.
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2023
Some married men know they have been defrauded parternally by their wives. But they are just swallowing it inconspicuously and inimically
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by advanceDNA: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2023
Olumeme:

Is that paternity fraud??

That's no longer paternity fraud...u pple should get the meaning of paternity fraud
Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Focusmind: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2023
It is always shocking to me for a man not to find out that a child is not his by observing some OBVIOUS characteristics in a child.

You saw the birth of a child; carried that child; saw the child grew under you; saw the child cried; you saw the child's hair strands; you saw the child's dentitions, jaw and ear shapes; you saw the behavior of the child. In all these, you did not notice any of your traits, my brother, you are careless, ignorant and not observant. You should have been put on enquiry if you did not notice some similarities and not wait till the child grows to teen or adult stage.

May looking at my kids, gives them away easily - as a man, there are certain characteristics you look for in a child to determine if he or she is yours. Look at the hair strands, the tooth, especially the canines, the ear and jaw and finally certain characteristics of the child like even the way he or she smiles, toes, nails and certain behavioral tendencies. I see myself in my kids without even blinking, I see my sisters way of behavior and characteristics in my daughter - there are many similarities to help you draw conclusion about the paternity of a child if you are involved in his or her live and very observant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized by Anfieldboss: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers / What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? / Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.