Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? (14305 Views)

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / How Big Is Too Big Of An Age Gap For Relationships? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kelechi009: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2023
How important is a backup plan.

What is a backup plan? [A human being who is just used for backup who acts like a Boyfriend or Girlfriend but is not aware that they are a backup plan]

A recent conversation.

Woman A: Always have a back up person, plan B and options. Because people will disappoint you when you least expect it.

Woman B: Most women always have a backup plan. it's not planned in most cases. it just happens to be a scenario their nature [think, war brides] supports.

Woman C: After my 2nd heartbreak, I got this a lot. That my problem was that I always put all my eggs in one basket. That I never had a back up plan.

So 50 percent agree to have a backup plan, 50 percent disagree.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kelechi009: 10:24am On Oct 23, 2023
It is called "partner insurance".

But what happens to the actual human being that was used as a Backup Plan lipsrsealed

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by doggedfighter(f): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:

But what happens to the actual human being that was used as a Backup Plan lipsrsealed

cry

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by misreal(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:

that person may have his or her own back up plans too. grin grin

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Acidosis(m): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2023
misreal:

True.

95% of ladies in relationships have a backup plan.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kelechi009: 11:36am On Oct 23, 2023
misreal:

Imagine the back-up plan of the main back-up plan having their own back-up plan as well.

It becomes a 360-degree angle relationship & is also called a complete angle or full-circle.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Stevenbright(m): 11:58am On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:
How important is a backup plan.

What is a backup plan? [A human being who is just used for backup who acts like a Boyfriend or Girlfriend but is not aware that they are a backup plan]

A recent conversation.

Woman A: Always have a back up person, plan B and options. Because people will disappoint you when you least expect it.

Woman B: Most women always have a backup plan. it's not planned in most cases. it just happens to be a scenario their nature [think, war brides] supports.

Woman C: After my 2nd heartbreak, I got this a lot. That my problem was that I always put all my eggs in one basket. That I never had a back up plan.

So 50 percent agree to have a backup plan, 50 percent disagree.

Backup plan is one of the reasons marriages fail early.

How? A backup plan is the same as double dating or triple dating as the case maybe. The main person in most cases does not know about the others. But it's possible for the others to know about the main person. This is because the girl prefers the main guy but he is either yet to pop the question or she is still not sure on somethings about him. He is probably a cheat, a woman beater etc but she loves him dearly but because she has another shoulder to cry on, she doesn't feel the pain that much.

As for the other guy(s), he is the type that will accept her anytime she agrees to fully become committed to the relationship and also ok with his role at the moment as the second fiddle as long as he gets his benefits (companionship and nacking).

If the girl finally got married to the main guy, the rest guy(s) cut her off completely. This is where the schock comes in. No more additional shoulder to cry on, no more outside desired companionship and all the things she doesn't like about her husband but didn't complain about because of the option of the other guys helping to distract her from being worried about those things are no more. So, she starts complaining, fighting back etc. This will be like a change of attitude from the perspective of her husband but really not so.

Eventually, if care is not taking the marriage might collapse early.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes,na backup plan save me till today.i always have a backup

4 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Reportbutton: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
Relationship insurance

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by EniHolar(f): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
There should be a backup plan for everything. I can't allow any breakup to give me breakdown.

You show me red light like this, I move to the one with green light.

You think I'm unfaithful abi... Dey play... You go see shege for guys hand

Even in English, there is main clause and subordinate clause.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by minakom: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
Not a good idea

5 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
There is no format you can use to justify cheating

33 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Tonytonex(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Don't have na.
Dey there dey play
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by MasterJayJay: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
There is a pool of potential partners for anyone that wants to marry.
It is not really a backup plan. It is there already. Only the naive ones that won't notice it.
2mch:
You don’t sleep with every suitor or every woman. Handle one relationship at a time or you lose all because you cannot focus. You may end up with the wrong one too because women will pretend just to win.

You can have friends who you have nothing to do with, but in this day and age of rampant STD, stick to one person for your own good and use protection if you insist you are now grown enough to do what married people do.
Why have sex at all with one you are not married to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Coolsat(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
All single ladies have backup plans, don't be deceived.
Some guys are even backup plans unknown to them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Dronedude(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is our problem exactly as guys. Women always think it's right to have back up at the end the end up being used by all both boyfriend and back up.
As for guys any guy with back up base no get babe at all na cruise him dey catch.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by 2mch(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
You don’t sleep with every suitor or every woman. Handle one relationship at a time or you lose all because you cannot focus. You may end up with the wrong one too because women will pretend just to win.

You can have friends who you have nothing to do with, but in this day and age of rampant STD, stick to one person for your own good and use protection if you insist you are now grown enough to do what married people do.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by yesloaded: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Always have back up plan, this na bitter truth

Don't just mess up any lady no matter whatever but have a strong back up

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Tonytonex(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:

the backup plan should also have a backup plan
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by LandMann: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
If there's ever a need for a backup plan in a relationship then know that you're in the wrong relationship. End the relationship and follow your so-called backup plan to avoid sharing diseases or giving one man's child to another man to train.

A man can afford to have backup plans cos he is traditionally saddled with the responsibility of taking care of the so-called backup plans but you see women? Don't ever think of backup plan. Just quit and move on. And stop being greedy and trying to throw yourself at a guy who only loves your body and isn't ready to wife you

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by jetwonder(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
grin grin grin
Assistant boy friend!!!

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Tommydare(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Even the back up plan can still Bleep u up. It might be worse than the initial plan especially if the person later find out he was playing second fiddle before

4 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by iamtardey: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
For a lady maybe it’s cool but for a man that has no honor at all. ..I have you and then keep another for what?? No you (she) has to be the only plan if there is a plan at all.

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Obierika(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Always have your Plan B

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by jaxxy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes especially if the current relationship gives u concerns are reasons to. A back up plan means other options it doesn't mean they are all at a serious level bt have that potential.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kobicove(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
If you carry a spare tyre in your car while driving I see nothing wrong with having a backup relationship plan undecided

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by iamtardey: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
jetwonder:
grin grin grin
Assistant boy friend!!!
I can never be that… poor or rich

2 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
You better have a power bank to keep your relationship going. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stevenbright:

Backup plan is one of the reasons marriages fail early.

How? A backup plan is the same as double dating or triple dating as the case maybe. The main person in most cases does not know about the others. But it's possible for the others to know about the main person. This is because the girl prefers the main guy but he is either yet to pop the question or she is still not sure on somethings about him. He is probably a cheat, a woman beater etc but she loves him dearly but because she has another shoulder to cry on, she doesn't feel the pain that much.

As for the other guy(s), he is the type that will accept her anytime she agrees to fully become committed to the relationship and also ok with his role at the moment as the second fiddle as long as he gets his benefits (companionship and nacking).

If the girl finally got married to the main guy, the rest guy(s) cut her off completely. This is where the schock comes in. No more additional shoulder to cry on, no more outside desired companionship and all the things she doesn't like about her husband but didn't complain about because of the option of the other guys helping to distract her from being worried about those things are no more. So, she starts complaining, fighting back etc. This will be like a change of attitude from the perspective of her husband but really not so.

Eventually, if care is not taking the marriage might collapse early.
Wisdom comment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Antoeni(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes Ooo
Women are Just Necessary Evil

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by iamtardey: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Coolsat:
All single ladies have backup plans, don't be deceived.
Some guys are even backup plans unknown to them.
she was my only plan all along idc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Change Of Name / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? / I Have A Problem With My Husband Brother Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.