Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? (14325 Views)

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / How Big Is Too Big Of An Age Gap For Relationships? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by EniHolar(f): 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
Quebec91:
Ode, mumu, and you think say you geh sense with this nonsense you type

Naso dem go dey talk about backup plan B, shits, while they keep adding to their body count
.useless whores disguising as gfs up and down

Average nigerian girls have body count 50minimum

I don't really understand why you're angry o.

Is it my fault that YOUR MOTHER has more than 50 body count as you said?

Òpònu aláìnírònú
Ọmọ àlè játijàti
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Enemyofpeace: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes o. I can't allow any bitch to break my earth
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Aklee4994(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:

Lmao this took me out grin
Na 2 negative energy coming together Na only importunate demands go Dey sup
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Pins(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
What exactly is the use of a backup relationship? What if me as the main guy senses you are cheating on me and in my mind i downgrade you from main girlfriend to backup girlfriend and at this point am no longer thinking of marrying you due to your unfaithfulness. What happens then? because me i believe if you can not be faithful in a relationship, you can never be faithful in marriage , so as such you are not a wife material. Instead back up plan i prefer you walk away if you can't continue not justify a cheating lifestyle and call it backup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by RPG2020(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
EniHolar:
There should be a backup plan for everything. I can't allow any breakup to give me breakdown.

You show me red light like this, I move to the one with green light.

You think I'm unfaithful abi... Dey play... You go see shege for guys hand

Even in English, there is main clause and subordinate clause.

Na this your comment make you single since 2010 till now
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Exceed15: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Capital YES. Trust yourself only. My mother always tell me this.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Shikena(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stop fooling yourself. Most so-called backups are already aware without confronting you, and you are just mere fringe benefit to them. So technically your backup plan is empty.
There are some things you do unconsciously when you have a backup and your partner will eventually figure it out. The most dangerous ones won't even tell you that you've been found out. They will allow you to keep fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by HRMK: 5:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
its the most sensible thing to do!have you ever asked yourself why most ladies with multiple dates have not been jilted but end up getting married?it is obvious enough!
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Greenfusion: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stevenbright:

Backup plan is one of the reasons marriages fail early.

How? A backup plan is the same as double dating or triple dating as the case maybe. The main person in most cases does not know about the others. But it's possible for the others to know about the main person. This is because the girl prefers the main guy but he is either yet to pop the question or she is still not sure on somethings about him. He is probably a cheat, a woman beater etc but she loves him dearly but because she has another shoulder to cry on, she doesn't feel the pain that much.

As for the other guy(s), he is the type that will accept her anytime she agrees to fully become committed to the relationship and also ok with his role at the moment as the second fiddle as long as he gets his benefits (companionship and nacking).

If the girl finally got married to the main guy, the rest guy(s) cut her off completely. This is where the schock comes in. No more additional shoulder to cry on, no more outside desired companionship and all the things she doesn't like about her husband but didn't complain about because of the option of the other guys helping to distract her from being worried about those things are no more. So, she starts complaining, fighting back etc. This will be like a change of attitude from the perspective of her husband but really not so.

Eventually, if care is not taking the marriage might collapse early.

Nice analysis

3 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by phemmyfour: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:
How important is a backup plan.

What is a backup plan? [A human being who is just used for backup who acts like a Boyfriend or Girlfriend but is not aware that they are a backup plan]

A recent conversation.

Woman A: Always have a back up person, plan B and options. Because people will disappoint you when you least expect it.

Woman B: Most women always have a backup plan. it's not planned in most cases. it just happens to be a scenario their nature [think, war brides] supports.

Woman C: After my 2nd heartbreak, I got this a lot. That my problem was that I always put all my eggs in one basket. That I never had a back up plan.

So 50 percent agree to have a backup plan, 50 percent disagree.
That's cheating, you can lose both ways

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
HRMK:
its the most sensible thing to do!have you ever asked yourself why most ladies with multiple dates have not been jilted but end up getting married?it is obvious enough!
A plan made as a result of fear of rejection or loneliness is sensible? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by femmoy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
If you ever agree with or you have a backup plan in a RELATIONSHIP, then you're in the wrong relationship. It's better to quit than keep fooling yourselves.

I'm surprised at Men supporting this so called backup plan, you're stylishly encourage unfaithfulness and trust me it will go round and back to you.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Acidosis(m): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2023
descarado:

Do you blame them?

No, as long as I'm not involved.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by lomprico(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes! When you start suspecting foul play.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by loswhite(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
EniHolar:
There should be a backup plan for everything. I can't allow any breakup to give me breakdown.

Lol even you when dey cheat on your boyfriend will back up plan still somehow put the blame on guys....lol
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by loswhite(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
MasterJayJay:
There is a pool of potential partners for anyone that wants to marry.
It is not really a backup plan. It is there already. Only the naive ones that won't notice it.
Why have sex at all with one you are not married to?
What kind of question is this? Are ppl tied to your sexual beliefs? If you want to wait till you are married before sex that is your business
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Legendneverdies(m): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stevenbright:

How? A backup plan is the same as double dating or triple dating as the case maybe. The main person in most cases does not know about the others. But it's possible for the others to know about the main person. This is because the girl prefers the main guy but he is either yet to pop the question or she is still not sure on somethings about him. He is probably a cheat, a woman beater etc but she loves him dearly but because she has another shoulder to cry on, she doesn't feel the pain that much.

As for the other guy(s), he is the type that will accept her anytime she agrees to fully become committed to the relationship and also ok with his role at the moment as the second fiddle as long as he gets his benefits (companionship and nacking).

If the girl finally got married to the main guy, the rest guy(s) cut her off completely. This is where the schock comes in. No more additional shoulder to cry on, no more outside desired companionship and all the things she doesn't like about her husband but didn't complain about because of the option of the other guys helping to distract her from being worried about those things are no more. So, she starts complaining, fighting back etc. This will be like a change of attitude from the perspective of her husband but really not so.

You're a Wise Man.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Yuneehk(f): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Acidosis:

True.

95% of ladies in relationships have a backup plan.
You didn't mention that you are a researcher.
What percentage of men in relationships have a back up plan, though, based on your research?
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Kelechi009: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
EndRape2:
Backup plan is one of the reason relationships do not work, even martied people are not having backup plans, so how will the marriage work? If you are in a relationship, just break up with any body having a back up plan, because they will hurt you emotionally .Anybody with a backup plan, has ended the relationship before it ended .

A backup plan is never aware he or she is a backup plan, so therefore they would never initiate to leave the union.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by naijapikin2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
The backup may be a MAJOR for another person

Some have up to 20 backups..

So they have backups and other backups to back thier backup, up.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stevenbright:

Are you a relationship/marriage counselor? You nailed this brother
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by AfDapone: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
Even your boo get a boo...

2 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by mywells: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
You can not chase to rat at the same time ,you'll loose both this I see.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Acidosis(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yuneehk:

You didn't mention that you are a researcher.
What percentage of men in relationships have a back up plan, though, based on your research?

Majority (men) do not necessarily have or need a backup plan. Do men cheat with their side chicks? Yes, majority cheat (or will cheat). If you need statistics, I'll say 98%, unfortunately cheesy

A side chick is not a backup plan. No one has a plan for her. But most single women will keep their options open until their wedding/engagement - that is the backup plan. A backup plan is why a single lady in a relationship will give her number to a guy.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by CrownedPhoenix: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
EniHolar:

But you are actually unfaithful.
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Stevenbright(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Are you a relationship/marriage counselor? You nailed this brother

An average Nigerian is multidisciplinary in nature because the street equips us beyond measure!
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by nedekid: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
Make I digress small, never let your woman or wife know your finances. If not, na wahala you de find.
Na em I de face as I write. Because of that one, madam go gree scratch my back. grin
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Omalicious1: 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
Kelechi009:
How important is a backup plan.

What is a backup plan? [A human being who is just used for backup who acts like a Boyfriend or Girlfriend but is not aware that they are a backup plan]

A recent conversation.

Woman A: Always have a back up person, plan B and options. Because people will disappoint you when you least expect it.

Woman B: Most women always have a backup plan. it's not planned in most cases. it just happens to be a scenario their nature [think, war brides] supports.

Woman C: After my 2nd heartbreak, I got this a lot. That my problem was that I always put all my eggs in one basket. That I never had a back up plan.

So 50 percent agree to have a backup plan, 50 percent disagree.

Once there's a back up, it's no longer a relationship but a contract
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by fuck419: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
I don't buy into the idea of having a backup plan in a relationship. Though I have been nursing the feeling to open up to another relationship as I feel a bit uncomfortable with the present relationship.

If I eventually open up another relationship, I would have to officially terminate the former one. I can't keep both running concurrently, that is being unfaithful.

1 Like

Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by ADBA3005(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
EniHolar:

You're going to be adulterous!
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by thomasjoe(m): 2:32am On Oct 24, 2023
Kobicove:
If you carry a spare tyre in your car while driving I see nothing wrong with having a backup relationship plan undecided
But when it's a Man that has spare tyre(s). You start seeing reasons to complain...atink?
Re: Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? by Yuneehk(f): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2023
Acidosis:

Majority (men) do not necessarily have or need a backup plan. Do men cheat with their side chicks? Yes, majority cheat (or will cheat). If you need statistics, I'll say 98%, unfortunately cheesy

A side chick is not a backup plan. No one has a plan for her. But most single women will keep their options open until their wedding/engagement - that is the backup plan. A backup plan is why a single lady in a relationship will give her number to a guy.
Are you sure it is planet earth that you are in? Men don't have a back up indeed grin

Men keep their options open too just so you know for the same reasons that a woman keeps hers open. Even while in a relationship, men still ask/give numbers so it goes both ways. I was expecting a figure, though, just like you did with the women.

Good morning. How you dey?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Thinking Of Walking Out Of My Marriage / How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? / Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.