Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,741 members, 7,862,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:25 PM

2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria (3073 Views)

THE 36 STATES, THEIR 2023 GOVT HOUSE BUDGET & 2022 IGR / Olu Okeowo: Area Boys, Fake Pastors Are Products Of South West Nigeria (Video) / β€˜Al-Qaeda Is Penetrating North-West Nigeria’ β€” US Alerts Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2023
Mathematically, igbos contribute more revenue to ur region than any other group of people in the country.Even the Lagos state tax office can confirm this and even federal in land revenue service Abuja.

Be it importation....they import 60% of good and services into the country.

Small,medium and large scale businesses,they contribute if not 70% of that in this country especially in Lagos state and Ogun and other regions of the country.

So,why the hue and cry when the same igr does not effectively deal with the hunger in ur land including ur brothers and sisters who have turned beggars online.

Additionally,the roads,the amenities in ur regions are sub par compare to the ones in the east,north and southern regions

With all the igr,Ogun has one of the worst roads around the country including Lagos state. If u want to know what I am saying,go to Kaduna,Enugu and even Akwaibom u will difference that ur governors have no pity on u.

Keep ur igr aside and check out the living condition of ur people and compare it with others then,u will know if u guys are progressing or not.
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2023
since i saw the topic i know what to expect...

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2023
opamoses1:

Dreamer. I doubt if Ibos own up to 1% of properties in the SW. You guys are empty chest beaters. With the way you all chest beat, one would think the SE is a paradise, only for us in the SW to see South Easterners rushing on night buses to every nooks and crannies in the prosperous southwest region. Hunger no dey respect anybody grin
grin
The only consolation for them is to make mouth.They flee from the poverty in the SE coming in nightbuses to the rich SW even with their bony dogs cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by virginchaser(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2023
May I know what Ogun state is using the money for?
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

The people that troop into Lagos from other south west states like Osun, Ogun, Ondo etc are tripped to the number that come from the east...
Moreover south east is not doing bad

Have you seen to kind of amenities put in place by USA and Canada state governments

Steady power
Good roads
Transportation
Credit facilities
Completely free education
Scholarships and student loan
Access to affordable housing
Etc

Can you boast of that in any Nigerian state? 😁
Even suburban or rural areas in USA and Canada have better amenities, roads, waste management, drainage systems, traffic lights, fire hydrant etc than the entire Lagos state...

can't you guys keep quiet for someone that is better than you, you boasting, south west better than south east simple, you no need argument. thats why i like hausa they agree where they are.. ibo wetin happen

una no get shame, am sure you go begin anambra has more skyscrapper than lagos,
Johannesburg is better than lagos we yoruba we agree, new York is better than than Johannesburg south Africa agree

but nothing is better than ibo

in this life some people is better than you and some is lower than you, even ibo is lower than south south, ibo is only higher than core north

come to lagos road everyone is one, no time for na me better, na una go come here

nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2023
Putinofrussia:
grin
The only consolation for them is to make mouth.They flee from the poverty in the SE coming in nightbuses to the rich SW even with their bony dogs cheesy
Their pushback on this thread is hilarious. If the tables were turned, you would have seen them praising the selves and boasting grin

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by SoNature(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2023
In the South East, people are more interested in building fine houses that have no economic value because a good number of the owners don't live in the region. It's a case of having fine villages and great ambiance with no economic value.

The best thing that will happen to South East is to have smart governors who initiate projects to keep our people in our region and improve their purchasing power. Alex Otti and Francis Nwifuru are doing an excellent job in this regard. That said, the IGR of Imo State increased to about N5 billion per month this year.
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Nice2023:
Mathematically, igbos contribute more revenue to ur region than any other group of people in the country.Even the Lagos state tax office can confirm this and even federal in land revenue service Abuja.

Small,medium and large scale businesses,they contribute if not 70% of that in this country especially in Lagos state and Ogun and other regions of the country.

So,why the hue and cry when the same igr does not effectively deal with the hunger in ur land including ur brothers and sisters who have turned beggars online.

Additionally,the roads,the amenities in ur regions are sub par compare to the ones in the east,north and southern regions

With all the igr,Ogun has one of the worst roads around the country including Lagos state. If u want to know what I am saying,go to Kaduna,Enugu and even Akwaibom u will not that ur governors have no pity on u.

Keep ur igr aside and check out the living condition of ur people and compare it with others then,u will know if u guys are progressing or not.

Swesterners live better than your people,that is why they don't flee their region to the poverty infested SE.
Yoruba travel to USA,UK,Canada etc instead and they are the most travelled Nigerians to Europe,USA etc.
Even before the development of Lagos,Ibadan which was the most developed city at that time,had Igbo ancestors fleeing there just like they are still doing till date.

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Sannisege: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2023
SpatialKing:
How does this translate to the common masses on the street in terms basic amenities and social welfare?

Some states have High IGR with High dept
It translates to the common masses because there is a mass migration of igbos from Anambra to Lagos. God bless Asiwaju the visionary

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

can't you guys keep quiet for someone that is better than you, you boasting, south west better than south east simple, you no need argument. thats why i like hausa they agree where they are.. ibo wetin happen

una no get shame, am sure you go begin anambra has more skyscrapper than lagos,
Johannesburg is better than lagos we yoruba we agree, new York is better than than Johannesburg south Africa agree

but nothing is better than ibo

in this life some people is better than you and some is lower than you, even ibo is lower than south south, ibo is only higher than core north

come to lagos road everyone is one, no time for na me better, na una go come here

nawa oo

You should be ashamed of yourself for comparing Lagos with South East, why don't you compare Lagos with Dubai? 😁

South East is growing steadily, they are not there yet but with certainly get there...

As long as you keep measuring Lagos with South East Lagos will remain a local campion..

Just to educate you skyscraper is not the only indices to measure development...

Even Nairobi has more Skyscrapers than the entire South West
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2023
opamoses1:

Their pushback on this thread is hilarious. If the tables were turned, you would have seen them praising the selves and boasting grin
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
since i saw the topic i know what to expect...
Same. However, with the exclusion of Lagos, I wasn't expecting the SW to do better by far. The SE Nairalanders frequently brag about how the SW has a lower IGR if Lagos was removed. This news is revealing and shows otherwise.

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Sannisege: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2023
kettykings:
What of the debt profile and the CSR profile, still igbos contribute 99.99% percent of the igr in the south east and 30 to 40% of the igr in the south west.

The indigenous csr in the south east is even more than the igr.

Eastern economy powered 99.99% by igbos south west economy powered by 30 to 40 % igbos
that is why Igbo land can never be prosperous because you people don’t welcome visitors unlike the Yoruba land, where everyone is allowed to bring their ideas and thrive.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by forgiveness: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2023
kettykings:
What of the debt profile and the CSR profile, still igbos contribute 99.99% percent of the igr in the south east and 30 to 40% of the igr in the south west.

The indigenous csr in the south east is even more than the igr.

Eastern economy powered 99.99% by igbos south west economy powered by 30 to 40 % igbos

Yes, SE are contributing 100% to the IGR of SW. 30 - 40% is too small. Drunken master. grin

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

You should be ashamed of yourself for comparing Lagos with South East, why don't you compare Lagos with Dubai? 😁

South East is growing steadily, they are not there yet but with certainly get there...

As long as you keep measuring Lagos with South East Lagos will remain a local campion..

Just to educate you skyscraper is not the only indices to measure development...

This is his point,sir....
in this life some people are better than you and some are lower than you, even ibo are lower than south south, ibo are only higher than core north

come to lagos road everyone is one, no time for na me better, na una go come here come dey hallucinate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2023
Sannisege:
It translates to the common masses because there is a mass migration of igbos from Anambra to Lagos. God bless Asiwaju the visionary

Of course,

Any where there is trade and commerce there is Igbos it has nothing to do with Lagos...

I'm expecting Your Tinubu will develop coastal areas of Ondo state to be like Lagos? 😁

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 8:14am On Oct 24, 2023
Putinofrussia:

This is his point,sir....
in this life some people are better than you and some are lower than you, even ibo are lower than south south, ibo are only higher than core north

come to lagos road everyone is one, no time for na me better, na una go come here come dey hallucinate.

Hahahahaha

Yet you can't stop using them as a yardstick for measurement...

Please rest

Don't we will still top you guys in JAMB score next year..

Why don't you develop the coastal regions of Ondo state to be like Lagos?
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Swesterners live better than your people,that is why they don't flee their region to the poverty infested SE.
Yoruba travel to USA,UK,Canada etc instead and they are the most travelled Nigerians to Europe,USA etc.
Even before the development of Lagos,Ibadan which was the most developed city at that time,had Igbo ancestors fleeing there just like they are still doing till date.

There is no nation or tribe that is static. And that is why igbos and Edo have this edge over many in this country,just like the Lebanese,chinese and indians who are found all over the world so are the igbos.

That u are not privileged to travel does not make ur land the best. I am igbo and I am living in the north and that does not make the north better than my state,therefore,man must continue to search the earth for a better living conditions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by forgiveness: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I don't know this people keep disturbing us with IGR... IGR is never a measure of development

GDP , GDP per capita and HDI is

South West is far more experienced... In the art of tax collection... Even Britain found it challenging to collect tax from igbos

Igbos are primarily into small to medium scale businesses... The big businesses are even given tax break to allow them grow and be competitive

IGR is not important when federal allocations is more than enough

Who told you SE doesn't know how to collect tax? I lived for almost a decade thete and I saw how everything is taxed there. They collect money 2 or 3 times a day from all the shops in the market.

Stop lying here.

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Ttalk: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I don't know this people keep disturbing us with IGR... IGR is never a measure of development

GDP , GDP per capita and HDI is

South West is far more experienced... In the art of tax collection... Even Britain found it challenging to collect tax from igbos

Igbos are primarily into small to medium scale businesses... The big businesses are even given tax break to allow them to grow and be competitive

IGR is not important when federal allocations are more than enough

Learn to gain wisdom.

Nigeria is a Federation. However, we practice a unitary system due to the military bastardization of the Constitution.

In a federation, IGR is everything and is the reason why federating states should exit.

Should we start practicing a federal system today all SE states will collapse into one state.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2023
Nice2023:

There is no nation or tribe that is static. And that is why igbos and Edo have this edge over many in this country,just like the Lebanese,chinese and indians who are found all over the world so are the igbos.

That u are not privileged to travel does not make ur land the best. I am igbo and I am living in the north and that does not make the north better than my state,therefore,man must continue to search the earth for a better living conditions.

The irony. I was on a Reddit thread today where western tourist were complaining about Nigerian drug traffickers and prostitutes harrassing tourists in Thailand.
I am sure you can correctly guess the tribes involved in the trafficking and prostitution trade.

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by plaindealer: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2023
Nice2023:

With all the igr,Ogun has one of the worst roads around the country including Lagos state. If u want to know what I am saying,go to Kaduna,Enugu and even Akwaibom u will not that ur governors have no pity on u.

Typical empty, shallow and ignorant chest beating.

Where is the sense and wisdom in beating your chest that you are responsible for other people's progress and development while your own region remains poor, economically unproductive and crippled?

This is chest-beating gone wrong, no sense, I don't even think you people read your own rubbish before posting.

3 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2023
opamoses1:

The irony. I was on a Reddit thread today where western tourist were complaining about Nigerian drug traffickers and prostitutes harrassing tourists in Thailand.
I am sure you can correctly guess the tribes involved in the trafficking and prostitution trade.

U see why u are retarded.

I can as well give u example of a typical drug master if that is the way to go. If uhave sense u will not derail this topic.

Your shameless president is a renowned drug lord if that is what u want us to start discussing.

That should be a topic for another day.
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

my son hear the advice of a wise man, i did not compare lagos to south east, i am telling you to stop this competition and accept where you are

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2023
Nice2023:

U see why u are retarded.

I can as well give u example of a typical drug master if that is the way to go. If uhave sense u will not derail this topic.

Your shameless president is a renowned drug lord if that is what u want us to start discussing.

That should be a topic for another day.
Renowned drug lord only in the mind of retarded Obidients. If we tell you to bring proof of his conviction for drug trafficking, you will be running around like an headless chicken.

This half-Ibo/half-Edo boy thinks I am lying. grin

Ibos= drug traffickers (well known fact)
Edo: prostitution (another well known fact).

In Europe and Asia, Ibo boys and Edo girls follow each other like 5&6. Shameless people.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2023
Nice2023:

🀑

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

my son hear the advice of a wise man, i did not compare lagos to south east, i am telling you to stop this competition and accept where you are

Nobody is competing with you bro
Lagos should be competing with Dubai, Kigali, Cairo and not south east..

South East is developing at it own pace
With small population, IGR and par capital income
A region that recovered from Civil War
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by yoruboid: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2023
Ogun State alone has a higher IGR than the whole of the SE

Empty chest beaters

Even the North is less dependent than these parasites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Pigstormentor: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2023
Its obvious you have nothing to say...Enjoy the Bold fonts....is purposefully needed to make you cunts understand...directly grin

Goodvibes007:

While not being Dubai or London yet, there is a reason why the SW is America+London to Emeka, Ndubuisi, chizoba e.t.c. Typing in bold makes you look unintelligent grin
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2023
yoruboid:
Ogun State alone has a higher IGR than the whole of the SE

Empty chest beaters

Even the North is less dependent than these parasites
And they are always the ones to first call others parasite. Go to the Akure, Ekiti, ilesha e t.c you will find them everywhere. Same in the North, go to gummi, Zamfara, Gwadabawa in Sokoto, Dikwa in Bornu e.t.c you will find them there grin
Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by Pigstormentor: 8:38am On Oct 24, 2023
Trying for balance banter...when its obvious you are crying... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Goodvibes007:

1 Like

Re: 2022 IGR: South-East Nigeria Vs South-West Nigeria by opamoses1: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2023
Pigstormentor:
Trying for balance banter...when its obvious you are crying... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin Anambra is always fighting open defecation but they are always losing the battle grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Wake Up, Ohakim Is Catching Up / High Profile Nigerians Registered Twice – Jega ! / Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.