Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) (27392 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Attends Aisha Achimugu's Birthday Party In Grenada / Sanwo-Olu Attends Ambode's 60th Birthday Party (Pictures And Videos) / Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Benwallt(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
Those terrorists must not be employed or allowed to burn this down. There is nothing they can't destroy with stupidity and hate.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by delpee(f): 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
The governor should also support Nord to encourage local producers.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by victorclean(f): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
Maize247:
Nice one. Lagos State stands to gain much by patronizing local manufacturing of automobile in Lagos than outside the state

Is good at least it will promote competition and standardization. Very bad because the plant may not survive the hard economy like some other foreign companies
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Obidikejr(m): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Rostikol:

CAR MANUFACTURING IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS CAR ASSEMBLY.

ZERO DIFFERENCE.

IN THE USA CAR MANUFACTURING PLANTS ARE CALLED CAR ASSEMBLY PLANTS.

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT PEOPLE THINK THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY.

Read their blueprint. Most of their parts aren't manufactured here. Same for Nord.

Only Innoson has achieved 70% raw materials till date.

We need all their materials to be locally sourced for the sake of our economy. Of the thousands of minerals in the world we are blessed with quite a substantial amout of the highly sort after ones globally.

We need to convert them and make use of them in cases like this.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by emonis88: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
U see that Nigeria can never be a nation.
I know y I said so, in the words of d great Awolowo Nigeria is like Oil n water, it can never mix.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by blackslayer: 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
Rostikol:

CAR MANUFACTURING IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS CAR ASSEMBLY.

ZERO DIFFERENCE.

IN THE USA CAR MANUFACTURING PLANTS ARE CALLED CAR ASSEMBLY PLANTS.

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT PEOPLE THINK THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY.

Sigh! you are absolutely wrong! Your ignorance is rife with arrogance as well with your proclamation.
There is a difference between assembly and manufacturing. However, you can have a plant that has both manufacturing and assembly!

Damn....Just stop it with the caps also...This is why i cannot stand Nigerians...very ignorant and yet arrogant and claim to know it all on a subject matter they are clearly clueless about!

There is a world of difference between assembly and manufacturing!

What is the difference between manufacturing and assembly? Manufacturing involves taking raw materials and using them to craft a part or component. A company may manufacture springs from hardened steel. Assembly is the process of taking parts, often made by manufacturing, and arranging them in a specified way.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by blackslayer: 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Obidikejr:

Read their blueprint. Most of their parts aren't manufactured here. Same for Nord.

We need all their materials to be locally sourced for the sake of our economy. Of the thousands of minerals in the world we are blessed with quite a substantial amout of the highly sort after ones globally.

Ignore the buffoon.....I hate folks that are ignorant and arrogant at the same time!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Omoawoke2(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Infojames:
When is the big players like Toyota and Mercedes coming to town

Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/am3dYuG56NaZ2bMB6

You displayed your ignorance then ran to edit your comment. What a shame
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Angrigowt: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
Na still naija used we go buy. Toks na no go area

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by dododawa1: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
LOL πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by dosage150(m): 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
MICHEALADEX:
They will come here and cry...even they themselves don't patronize innoson but the want federal government to purchase those mumu vehicle
The tribalism on nairaland is going extreme

Most atimes I don't bother going through the comments anymore because definitely you will see things that are out of context

The rule now is "once your tribe is not affected, you are very ok and happy with any bad news"

Tribes wishes tribes death
You always see dark hearts in the comment session

nairaland has been a major search engine for many
It was not this bad before now

I want to ask you . WHAT IS GOING ON

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by grandstar(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2023
This will just make cars more expensive for the average Nigerian.

It is until they begin to export enmasse that it would make sense.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Onogiede(m): 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Benwallt:
Those terrorists must not be employed or allowed to burn this down. There is nothing they can't destroy with stupidity and hate.
you better shut up ur stupid illiterate mouth dia, don't start what u can't finish, what about Niger Delta also stop Nigeria oil production or other regions in working there too,.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by osazsky(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
LAXconfidential:

Tribalism don eat this one brain. You can't even celebrate Lagos' wins without showing us how backwards your thinking can stretch.
yesterday was Monday..I hope u didn't come outside don't even try it

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Blitzking: 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Who are the major shareholders of this company and which regions in Africa are these cars exported to?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Onogiede(m): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
dosage150:
The tribalism on nairaland is going extreme

Most atimes I don't bother going through the comments anymore because definitely you will see things that are out of context

The rule now is "once your tribe is not affected, you are very ok and happy with any bad news"

Tribes wishes tribes death
You always see dark hearts in the comment session

nairaland has been a major search engine for many
It was not this bad before now

I want to ask you . WHAT IS GOING ON
this election is what actually further divide Nigeria, MC oluomo an other publicly destroy the country..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by deji17: 9:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lagos is Oja Oyingbo, ko Mo pe enikan ko wa.

Lagos, Wakanda Forever!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by LAXconfidential(m): 9:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
osazsky:
yesterday was Monday..I hope u didn't come outside don't even try it

If I no come out then how I take tear your mama toto yesterday?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by dosage150(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
Onogiede:
this election is what actually further divide Nigeria, MC oluomo an other publicly destroy the country..
Mehn , is this how other people feel towards eachother abi na only nairaland?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kessylite:
Nice one.
Lagos leads!
Yes O!! We still need more investments o. Please invest in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Kimjongun: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
Chinese companies believe so much in Africa market, western companies look down on it
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Rostikol: 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2023
blackslayer:

Sigh! you are absolutely wrong! Your ignorance is rife with arrogance as well with your proclamation.
There is a difference between assembly and manufacturing. However, you can have a plant that has both manufacturing and assembly!

Damn....Just stop it with the caps also...This is why i cannot stand Nigerians...very ignorant and yet arrogant and claim to know it all on a subject matter they are clearly clueless about!

There is a world of difference between assembly and manufacturing!

What is the difference between manufacturing and assembly? Manufacturing involves taking raw materials and using them to craft a part or component. A company may manufacture springs from hardened steel. Assembly is the process of taking parts, often made by manufacturing, and arranging them in a specified way.

YOU ARE TALKING ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

FIRST OF ALL, HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF MANUFACTURING:

''To produce goods in large numbers, usually in a factory using machines:''

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/manufacture

FINISH. NO LONG STORY. YOU PRODUCE GOODS IN LARGE NUMBERS, YOU ARE A MANUFACTURER.

SECONDLY, A SYNONYM FOR MANUFACTURE IS ''ASSEMBLE'' as seen here:

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/manufacture

THIRDLY:

NO CAR MAKER ON EARTH BUILDS ALL THEIR PARTS. THEY ACQUIRE PARTS FROM A VARIETY OF FIRMS DEDICATED TO BUILDING SUCH PARTS AND THEN THEY ASSEMBLE THE VEHICLES.

SOME PLANTS MAY MANUFACTURE A FEW PARTS IN DIFFERENT OTHER FACTORIES ON THR SITE, BUT THE MAIN PLANT IS THE ASSEMBLY WHERE EVERYTHING IS PUT TOGETHER.

HERE IS A LIST OF CAR MANUFACTURERS IN THE USA AND THEY ARE CALLED CAR ASSEMBLY PLANTS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_assembly_plants_in_the_United_States

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by benardtotti(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
Eteka1:
innoson is assembling and rebadging CKD cars imported from china

Leave that guy let him keep deceiving himself that I Innoson is manufacturing locally.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by theamazonguru(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
This guy na real Pontus Pilate.

If he never point that one finger ,he no go rest.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by blackslayer: 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
You are much dumber than i thought! No hope for you! Ignorance is bliss, i did not even bother to read your trash!

Context of word usage matters! I give up!

Rostikol:

YOU ARE TALKING ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

FIRST OF ALL, HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF MANUFACTURING:

''To produce goods in large numbers, usually in a factory using machines:''

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/manufacture

FINISH. NO LONG STORY. YOU PRODUCE GOODS IN LARGE NUMBERS, YOU ARE A MANUFACTURER.

SECONDLY, A SYNONYM FOR MANUFACTURE IS ''ASSEMBLE'' as seen here:

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/manufacture

THIRDLY:

NO CAR MAKER ON EARTH BUILDS ALL THEIR PARTS. THEY ACQUIRE PARTS FROM A VARIETY OF FIRMS DEDICATED TO BUILDING SUCH PARTS AND THEN THEY ASSEMBLE THE VEHICLES.

SOME PLANTS MAY MANUFACTURE A FEW PARTS IN DIFFERENT OTHER FACTORIES ON THR SITE, BUT THE MAIN PLANT IS THE ASSEMBLY WHERE EVERYTHING IS PUT TOGETHER.

HERE IS A LIST OF CAR MANUFACTURERS IN THE USA AND THEY ARE CALLED CAR ASSEMBLY PLANTS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_assembly_plants_in_the_United_States
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by EcoNews: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2023
I will take you serious when I see similar response from you on your bigoted tribesmen comment whenever they exhibit that inherited hatred for the superior Yorubas but can your hate stop the shine of the superior Yorubas ? Only time will tell.

LAXconfidential:

Tribalism don eat this one brain. You can't even celebrate Lagos' wins without showing us how backwards your thinking can stretch.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Charly68: 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
All these things means nothing until an average worker can get loan to buy new cars in this country.. the auto policy must be reviewed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by EcoNews: 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
You don't make noise about it

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑

The joke is on your flat head.

MrEverest:

Lol, ignorant one. Anambra alone has one vehicle manufacturing company and several vehicle assembly plants, all indigenous owned! We are not even making noise about it, but ordinary assembly plant built by Chinese is what you're bragging with?

Tomorrow, they will start repatriating their profits to China while naira continues to crash.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Rostikol: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
benardtotti:

Leave that guy let him keep deceiving himself that I Innoson is manufacturing locally.

Innoson is a car manufacturer IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD, and you need to SHUT UP, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE OTHER LOW IQ RETA.RDS TYPING NONSENSE HERE, and visit the site or research what goes on there, BEFORE OPENING YOUR STINKING ROTTEN LIPS, TO SAY WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

DUMBASS SCHOOL DROPOUTS TYPING NONSENSE FROM THEIR HEADS DROWNED IN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

IN YOUR SLAVE HEADS, CAR MANUFACTURING IS BEYOND BLACK PEOPLE AND ONLY SOMETHING ''OYINBO'' CAN DO.

IF A BLACK MAN IS DOING IT, HE MUST BE ''ASSEMBLING'' (WHATEVER THE FCK THAT MEANS) OR ''USING CKD PARTS FROM CHINA''.

YOU ARE TOTALLY DISGUSTING IN HOW YOU REASON.

WASTRELS.

DON'T GO AND CONTRIBUTE YOUR DUMB HEADS TO INDUSTRIALISATION LIKE INNOSON IS DOING.

SIT THERE TALKING ROTTENNESS FROM YOUR FILTHY LIPS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by Rostikol: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
blackslayer:
You are much dumber than i thought! No hope for you! Ignorance is bliss, i did not even bother to read your trash!

Context of word usage matters! I give up!

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I JUST SHOWED YOU THAT YOU ARE AN ILLITERATE WHO DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF MANUFACTURING.

SO SHUT THE HELL UP AND RETURN TO THE BUSH VILLAGE THAT TOLD YOU THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'MANUFACTURING' AND 'ASSEMBLY'.

BUSH ILLITERATES.

I WAS BORN AND BRED AND ATTENDED UNIVERSITY OVERSEAS AND HAVE LIVED ON 3 CONTINENTS.

AND IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT I HEARD DUMBASS CRETINS LIKE YOU DISTINGUISH BETWEEN 'MANUFACTURING' AND 'ASSEMBLY'.

YOU ARE BUSH.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Obidikejr:

I support your suggestion. This should be across board not only in auto sector alone.
Thank you. Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Officers Shot Dead In Niger State / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today / Nigeria’s Brutal Decision: Former Dictator Or Alleged Kleptocrat - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.