Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92407 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Smithwilliams826: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.
Oga go back to Nigeria then.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Adibe02: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
7upnigeria:

Raise #35m just because you wan go school for UK?

What exactly is the problem bro, talk am make we hear. You use clear eye throway like #30m and you still dey look for shit to pack. That's a big problem O.
Money that can set a business in Nigeria
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by IbeOkehie: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
If you want anyone to believe this is a true experience, state your name and relevant bona fides. You can't hide behind an anonymous handle and claim credibility. I know 3 people at various stages of life who've relocated to the UK this year and they all say their lives and outlook for their futures are much improved. No, they didn't each have 30 million naira angry

Good Luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by EconFinance: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
Skyview01:

Tell us where you can use 10k to relocate, settle down and get business.

Talk is cheap!
Actually there are
If you are willing to put in the work and do the research

A lot of Nigerians are mentally lazy and would rather not do the real work and research.
That's the fact

I'm not here to hold brief
But there are countries you can relocate to with 15k and u won't even need to work for the first year when u land

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by toms55(m): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
EconFinance:

When you see someone that has not ran a business before cheesy

The way they talk is so obvious

Person wey dey use mouth drive motor no dey get accident 😂

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
EconFinance:

Actually there are
If you are willing to put in the work and do the research

A lot of Nigerians are mentally lazy and would rather not do the real work and research.
That's the fact

I'm not here to hold brief
But there are countries you can relocate to with 15k and u won't even need to work for the first year when u land

You made that claim my friend. Now, give us one name for that country that you can relocate and live comfortably with 15k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by beyondbasicsng: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
try amazon - your dependant might get 40hours but difficult to find 20 hours work - also depends on where you are

just sad people not looking at all the info before selling all they have to come
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Tonididdyx: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

Calm down on your negativity.
In a few months you would wish you didn't make this post.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by maasoap(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
flokii:
You spent 13 million to Japa to UK.. now see your life, no job forthcoming for you.

I won't pity you cos I know your type love going about condemning Nigeria at the slightest opportunity you get, thinking the grass is greener over there for you.

Experience is the best teacher.. this one will teach you and many more like you to appreciate your home cos 'no place like home'.
30m naira, according to him
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Spiff20(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You just entered one month and already complaining. Keep calm. It takes time to get jobs in a new country. It took a friend 8 months to get a job in the US and that's a country with jobs flowing everywhere.
So pending when he gets a job what will he be doing to survive or you want to feed him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus.

yes school collects fees like that.. for a start... maybe if things stay okay in next year u pay in bulk... just to calm them down

i understand that Nigerians dont like any negative stories about abroad.
that was what i and my flatmate who sold his cars and house was saying this evening.
that returning to Nigeria now.. that Nigerians will say he is lazy that he rather die here.

i am putting this here for those who thought that they can navigate their way if they come here and they can see job in weeks. its a lie... 3 months don't be surprised nothing. i mean even the care job where they pack shit from old people. the places don full

someone assured me that i should even sell my land.... if i come i can pay fees.... a got assurances from people then when i came they started saying different stories that i should.. keep calm. that uk is now hard
Lolzzzz
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by maasoap(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol what has gotten better in Nigeria since may 29th. Just list one thing. Op didn't plan and travelled with high expectations.
His life would have changed for the better with 30m naira he raised.

People need to differentiate between the country as a whole and you as an individual. Economy is bad, country is hard but you as an individual might be lucky. Not all white men in UK or USA are finding it easy. Just as we have Nigerians whose businesses are booming and raking in huge profits everyday.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
Coming back to Nigeria is not an option.
Smithwilliams826:
Oga go back to Nigeria then.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

His life would have changed for the better with 30m naira he raised. My brother didn't have up to that amount. He's now receiving trailer load of electronics from Chinese companies in Nigeria. His Monthly commission alone besides his profit on each content of the trailer will shock you. He's not even paying fully upfront.

Let him sell it na. It's not to receive. I don do business for Naija. Anyway tinubu hasn't even started dealing with Nigerians yet lol grin grin
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Ngozi123(f): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

edited with more info.

Which city do you live in?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by maasoap(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
sketcherJ:
could you please tell me some of these skills?

Forklift, excavator or truck driving skill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by haywhy80: 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

edited with more info.

If you are in Scotland - Glasgow to be precise. Please send a private message to me as I can help with some contacts for jobs.
Cheers.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
flokii:

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our youths keep rushing to pay UK government and their universities millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.
Them go drag you tire ooo... they will see you as enemy of progress
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by EconFinance: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
IbeOkehie:
If you want anyone to believe this is a true experience, state your name and relevant bona fides. You can't hide behind an anonymous handle and claim credibility. I know 3 people at various stages of life who've relocated to the UK this year and they all say their lives are much improved.

Good Luck to you.

Migration to the UK with a solid game plan is the way to go
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Allisgud: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wetin una dey find go this UK self

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.
It's not easy anywhere ... na yansh most of una dey wash for abroad
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
flokii:

Most of these young guys and girls going to UK and likes are going there to do "care giving" jobs which is a repackaged name for house helps and cleaners..
How will educated youths spend millions to travel abroad only to settle for shlt packing, shlt cleaning jobs. God abeg o.
People wey no get sense ... oyinbo see us finish... them dey cash out like crazy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

there has nothing that has been working in Nigeria. the political class has don harm than good.
no light.... here since I came no blink of light.. First time in my life.
water running 24/7
security.. no thieves.
all road paved.. 'good road network.
transportation superb etc

but immigrant getting job is not easy

UK people are very honest... when i say honest... i meant it.

if Government does provide this things no one will leave
So UK people no dey leave bah
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fearyourcreator: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
flokii:

Don't worry too much.. some are currently selling off their homes and properties to raise money to come and join you guys over there.

Maybe you guys will form association of trapped Nigerians in UK and be soliciting for help from those at home.
I hope you find job soonest though.. it's just paining me how people especially Africans are burning money just to acquire abroad tailored degrees designed to advance abroad economies.
People no really smart for Africa se... oyinbo people get sense die
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by CaptainFM1: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Skyview01:

Why not ask your president why they go for medical tourism in those countries where in your own submission, blacks are regarded as 4th class citizens.

Your president himself already treated black and his race as 4th class citizen so don't bother expecting eldorado from overseas.

Have you forgotten your former president also said the youths are lazy and that women belong in the kitchen and the bleeping room?

When your number one citizen already sold you to the world, you are again in your stupidity in the name of Japa selling your generation that will forever wash asses and clean toilets fancifully dubbed as "caregiver". Worst still, you coughed out 30millions Naira to wash poo and tie diapers!

Colonisation may be over, but this is what is regarded as neo colonisation (Modern day slavery). Do you know what 30millions Naira will do for you in Nigeria? Even if you want to waste it, it will remain within the Nigeria economy.

I've been to any country you can think of in this world, and if I want to go to Fiji tomorrow, I will. Unless we address the push/pull factors causing Japa syndrome, even 4th citizen is a better position for the diasporans. They will soon be classed as 6th class citizens.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by AlexJustin(m): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hmmmm,

Wetin you dey look for, for sokoto when e dey for your shokoto.

You can actually make passive income in dollars from the comfort of your home.

Just learn digital skills like Amazon KDP, Amazon FBA, CPL, Affiliate marketing, copy writing, crypto etc.

Learn a digital skill today and embrace financial Security.

If you're wondering how to start just hit me up.

Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by WayoProphet: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Depends on the immigration status and the type of job your friend was looking for. It takes less than a month to get a job in the US if you have a greencard, starting with Warehouse jobs or construction. Job agencies are also there with lots of jobs to offer if you sign up with them. It took me approximately one month to get my first job in the US with plenty offers. I uploaded my resume on Indeed and Ziprecruiter, and I got so many contacts. Na me dey do Shakara sef till I chose the one I like.

tensazangetsu20:
You just entered one month and already complaining. Keep calm. It takes time to get jobs in a new country. It took a friend 8 months to get a job in the US and that's a country with jobs flowing everywhere.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by samuelson06(m): 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
gammarays:

Yes you can but it's easier getting lagosians if you're in Lagos 😊

Organically—true. However, paid adverts targeting US/UK from Nigeria would still succeed.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Aremson14(m): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
Guys I need ur advise: for someone who has a fully funded scholarship to the uk (MSc computer science)and a 200k hybrid job in lagos(to report only once a month) , resident in Ibadan ?

Scholarship comes work stipends
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by frostmate2: 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
Be patient, you've only spent about a month. Ask around from others how they are getting jobs, let them show you the way. Jobs will come, no problem.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
WayoProphet:
Depends on the immigration status and the type of job your friend was looking for. It takes less than a month to get a job in the US if you have a greencard, starting with Warehouse jobs or construction. Job agencies are also there with lots of jobs to offer if you sign up with them. It took me approximately one month to get my first job in the US with plenty offers. I uploaded my resume on Indeed and Ziprecruiter, and I got so many contacts. Na me dey do Shakara sef till I chose the one I like.

Student visa. There's restrictions on what you can do.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by WayoProphet: 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
That nigga just dey yarn trash. If he have the opportunity to Japa, he will japa. We know their likes

tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply)

Snow In Africa ! (pic) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.