Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92290 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

175 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
landlord are refusing to give out their houses to student.. especially to family couples.
they require you to make 6 months upfront or come with a uk guarantor
this is my observation

imagine paying 5m for house rent after spending all your money in nigeria.

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Wujio: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:
this is my observation

God bless you for this transparent feedback. Deeply appreciated. I am currently in the mongroves in the hinterlands in Nigeria. Whenever i am broke, i can get tomatoes, fufu, cassava, garri all on credit with cash and plenty of kindness to go with it. Ill appreciate my bliss.

540 Likes 41 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Ahmed0336(m): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2023
Observation duly noted.
Many peeps just want to leave the country by any means necessary due to one reason or another. You gotta respect their decisions.

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by slimjohn2k5: 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Start networking and ask people questions. Even if u don't like church go there n meet people. Info can not get to an island if it is not sort after.

238 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Wujio: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2023
Visit Craiglist United Kingdom. I bet you you would see more than 100 jobs. You wont get jobs on Indeed and the likes. Go to Craiglist and youll see tons of offers. I know this first hand cost i made loads if cash of this site thru the vast opportunities on it

324 Likes 43 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Zonefree(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
Noted.

So, when are you booking your next flight back to our beloved Nigeria?

268 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Start networking and ask people questions. Even if u don't like church go there n meet people. Info can not get to an island if it is not sort after.

in fact i have spent 500k trying to get a certification that i am not sure will yield result.

i am saying this for those who are home not to sell their property.

to save them from impending loses

130 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
You just entered one month and already complaining. Keep calm. It takes time to get jobs in a new country. It took a friend 8 months to get a job in the US and that's a country with jobs flowing everywhere.

250 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You just entered one month and already complaining. Keep calm. It takes time to get jobs in a new country. It took a friend 8 months to get a job in the US and that's a country with jobs flowing everywhere.

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end

Well but people have warned here on nairaland that you should endeavor paying your full fees before you Japa. I don't think there's anyway in the world where you can work and pay your full fees as a student.

175 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well but people have warned here on nairaland that you should endeavor paying your full fees before you Japa. I don't think there's anyway in the world where you can work and pay your full fees as a student.

paying over 25 million naira? if its like that how many people will travel.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

paying over 25 million naira? if its like that how many people will travel.

Lol that's the truth except you can go with a dependent that can work full time and it wasn't always 25 million. As of even 2020. 9 million could do a full masters.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol that's the truth except you can go with a dependent that can work full time and it wasn't always 25 million. As of even 2020. 9 million could do a full masters.

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

i am talking about this year... pounds is 1500

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:
i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage.

school fees has to be paid. school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here chai

You got the visa because you presented bank statement showing that you have all your school fees and maintenance money.

So where is that money?

349 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Zupay: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work

By submitting your bank statement to the University before CAS was issued, you were likely assuring the university you had the money to pay the tuition.....so are expected to pay your tuition balance promptly.

Did you and your dependent physically to go to the offices of recruitment agencies in your town/city to look for work?

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Homeboiy: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
I no Wan hear complaints

Them no de push wheelbarrow there?

81 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2023
Zupay:

Did you and your dependent physically to go to the offices of recruitment agencies in your town/city to look for work?

yeah we have been going.
what i observed was the population.

you... you hardly see no Nigerians unlike Asians. in school you have to first count 50 Asians before you see a black man.

i observed that the British don't too fancy university degree so they are not much in school

85 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Homeboiy:
I no Wan hear complaints

Them no de push wheelbarrow there?

hmmmm yes every job has to be through application or reference.. can you refer me to any?

even if na to pack shit i will at this point

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
justwise:

You got the visa because you presented bank statement showing that you have all your school fees and maintenance money.

So where is that money?

i wont answer you on this. because if i do now you will say am like the emdee tiamiyu

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Shapeaso: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Op, your village people have succeeded. When you ready to come back, inform us and we go welcome you back. Naija na my country! cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
If you are asking people to put on hold in Nigeria, should they put on hold until one pound is equivalent to 5000 naira cause its definitely going to happen under this baboon of a president no ifs or buts. Full fees should have been paid if you cant pay full UK fees, other cheaper countries should have been considered.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:
Noted.

So, when are you booking your next flight back to our beloved Nigeria?

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.

You will return to Nigeria after spending 13 million naira. Find a way to rough it. Reach out to Nigerians on Twitter and ask for work. If you go back to Nigeria you will regret it bitterly.

296 Likes 31 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

i wont answer you on this. because if i do now you will say am like the emdee tiamiyu

We all know the answer to that question.

Don't tell people not to come to the UK because according to you ...Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming...

Tell them to come with that money they showed the embassy and the university before getting CAS and visa

If you have that money you will be focusing on your studies now and not job and how to pay remaining fees.

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
If you are asking people to put on hold in Nigeria, should they put on hold until one pound is equivalent to 5000 naira cause its definitely going to happen under this baboon of a president no ifs or buts. Full fees should have been paid if you cant pay full UK fees, other cheaper countries should have been considered.

how many Nigerians can even afford full fees. we are talking between 18 to 25m. i have to sell properties to raise this sum.

after payment of fees you still need about 6m to apply for visa n health insurance and alo flight... even fact keep 35m.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by psucc(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hmmm! Even with this, given opportunity, I will still japa. It's not easy bring a Nigerian and living in Nigeria.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

how many Nigerians can even afford full fees. we are talking between 18 to 25m. i have to sell properties to raise this sum.

after payment of fees you still need about 6m to apply for visa n health insurance and alo flight... even fact keep 35m.

True but it's not a must to go to the UK. Well there's really no equivalent. Canada is more expensive likewise Australia grin grin. It seems as time goes on Nigeria will be the largest human prison on earth

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

We all know the answer to that question.

Don't tell people not to come to the UK because according to you ...Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming...

Tell them to come with that money they showed the embassy and the university before getting CAS and visa

If you have that money you will be focusing on your studies now and not job and how to pay remaining fees.

how many Nigerians will or can afford 35 to 40 million for UK universities degrees?

i know people i am warning....if you know u are selling your homes, land, car to raise 15 million to come here... please stay back..

There is no job as at last year.. those that came last year or 2 years ago saw jobs here and there from question i asked.

but now everywhere is filled. i heard last year recruitment agency were organising job fare... but now no more.

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
psucc:
Hmmm! Even with this, given opportunity, I will still japa. It's not easy bring a Nigerian and living in Nigeria.

hah you haven't seen cold yet.... cold that entered the bone. here no body sends you. it's like a crime to dash someone money. you have to work for it.. landlord will not released houses for those who aren't working n earning 2k pounds per month

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

True but it's not a must to go to the UK. Well there's really no equivalent. Canada is more expensive likewise Australia grin grin. It seems as time goes on Nigeria will be the largest human prison on earth

honestly. you can mention Australia, Canada but UK through student route ... for now no. unless you have 40m at hand

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.