Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92405 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by hemartins(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

Please how and where did you get the loan
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by WayoProphet: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
Okay, now that makes sense.

tensazangetsu20:

Student visa. There's restrictions on what you can do.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
IbeOkehie:
If you want anyone to believe this is a true experience, state your name and relevant bona fides. You can't hide behind an anonymous handle and claim credibility. I know 3 people at various stages of life who've relocated to the UK this year and they all say their lives and outlook for their futures are much improved. No, they didn't each have 30 million naira angry

Good Luck to you.

State his name on an anonymous forum. How old are you?

10?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by sketcherJ(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

Forklift, excavator or truck driving skill.
thank you. They are still relevant I guess
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by LoveJesus87(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

in fact i have spent 500k trying to get a certification that i am not sure will yield result.

i am saying this for those who are home not to sell their property.

to save them from impending loses
iys my deep prayer for you that God will show mercy and make a way for in Jesus name.

Your efforts and investment will not be in waste in Jesus name 🙏
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
grin grin Hahaha
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Ngozi123(f): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

i have someone who is a qualified nurse with BSC, RN, other degree...ordinary care she still de fined.
the last employment she went for she was the most qualified but they said just her non UK experience.

If a whole president can forge his certificate and get away with it, why, then, would anybody take Nigerian education seriously?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Bigboytinz: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

when did u leave Nigeria? which country?if UK was it this September?
don't use ur earlier move to compare this made rush this September.

like I said out of all i knew that came in this September.... only one got a washing of plates job i think 8 hours per week they gave her and it waz through someone she knew.. like recommendation.

and the shift no de come always.

so am not speaking just my experience. mine is fair. two people I spoke yesterday n today said nothing to even eat from yesterday to today.

I had to send some pounds to them
recommendation to wash plates?? Haba
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lakefist(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

You are doing it wrong. Don’t generalize your problem. I got here within a week I got jobs. Now I choose the one I like. I am about 3 months here.

Go to church mix up with people talk to them about your problem and they will help you.

Don’t be picky about jobs. The easiest jobs to get is in warehouse and it is going to keep paying ur bills. Though physically demanding but Ure not the only one doing it. Just get up and stop attracting pity from people that will compound ur problems instead of solve it.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Bigboytinz: 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
Mastermindx:

Stop this madness

I came in same time with you, even without a dependent and I already have two jobs. Already thinking of dropping one because of the hours.

Get your lazy ass to work man, you’re definitely doing something wrong…. And close down this thread.

The only thing you guys know how to do is share how hard things are..
If you had gotten a job same week you arrived am very sure you won’t come here to testify... rubbish
when he said he knows a lady who only got a plate washing job through recommendation then I knew something is off 😁😁

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lakefist(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

even at that i came with a dependent.. even dependant no work

Go to another city don’t just sit there and expect jobs to locate you.

If you don’t have lectures everyday you can always move to anoda city with more jobs.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lakefist(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
Zupay:

By submitting your bank statement to the University before CAS was issued, you were likely assuring the university you had the money to pay the tuition.....so are expected to pay your tuition balance promptly.

Did you and your dependent physically to go to the offices of recruitment agencies in your town/city to look for work?

Another angle. Go to recruitment agency around you.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by lakefist(m): 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You will return to Nigeria after spending 13 million naira. Find a way to rough it. Reach out to Nigerians on Twitter and ask for work. If you go back to Nigeria you will regret it bitterly.

Leave am na make e return.

Best thing is for him to change city. Commuting is easy in Uk.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Josephilemona(m): 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

many that came here last here did. those who saw job. they are the lucky ones. those who came 2 years are better off.

but now job is war

just ensure u chose course that aren't writing exams....just assignment. am here i know situation of things

if i see job now i can.

school na 2 days and u work 4 days work and i cak raise 1200 pounds
God bless you for being honest, i can see some blockheads here argueing with you, while they are still in their parent house struggling for a plate of eba. Thanks for being open, just these evening my wife was telling me about us relocating abroad, but your experience over there just open my eyes. Gracias

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Evolutionism: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

edited with more info.

Sponsored Post.

Everything to keep the Ignoramuses in endless cycle of perpetual POVERTY is welcome.

Eyin Eleribu Ashiwereey Edakeda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by 724dealz: 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
Bike zukwanuike bro if he no work for you No mean say he no go work for others.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by spiceadole: 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end

No need to complain and rant..Return to Nigeria ..the land with so many job opportunities
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by LoveJesus87(m): 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

Thanks bro.
even tomorrow i will be sending 10 pounds to a student who said he doesn't have anything to eat.
terrible story. I just plan on returning back to start my data analysis course, doing R and completing other courses that gives me joy than the pain and anguished.

which country, please list
Look into Lithuania pls. Its a great option
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Basicend: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

edited with more info.

Hmm, they won't hear. . They will say you are an enemy of progress and blast you.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by zeedof(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:
Visit Craiglist United Kingdom. I bet you you would see more than 100 jobs. You wont get jobs on Indeed and the likes. Go to Craiglist and youll see tons of offers. I know this first hand cost i made loads if cash of this site thru the vast opportunities on it
abet I need idea on how to navigate this craigslist for job... I dey Middlesbrough
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by 724dealz: 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
Biko zukwanuike bro if he no work for you No mean say he no go work for others. Knowing how much u claim to av invested, if na true u dey yarn, u no go like return here. Cox u say u don sell ur property. So of what essence is it for you return? Beside, I can still contact whoever give u loan b4 to top up your loan so u can get going. Person wey wey borrow u 15m no go hessitate to borrow u more lol. If I wan start to enter u matter go long but abeg carry your ragae mix go front biko
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by planetx: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Sorry N13 million to help Sunak balance his budget, you people will be alright las las. Even the native oyinbos are fed up with the mass migration, just go read their comments.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
stagger:

God bless you sir. I owe you a bottle of palm wine for this. It is nearly 8 years since I published a post here on Nairaland on why it is necessary for people to acquire practical skills. It is obvious the OP is totally skill-less. Tayo Aina the travel vlogger interviewed a Nigerian car electrician who now owns a massive repair shop in South Africa. His story is an eye-opener. Made 60 rands the very first day after he landed. He did not even have a place to sleep.

We don talk talk talk, still they won't here. Japa requires strategic planning. I can't even understand how someone with access to N30m is thinking of leaving the country. To do what really?

If am skill less, how do I make over asset and cash of over 70m... Within 10 years after graduation .
How was I able to partner with different multinational and develop a business model that still earn me 1m at home here, own several delivery businesses in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by blackboy(m): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
May God forgive you. You are like the spies that went with Joshua and Caleb.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by planetx: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
LikeAking:

If u need job urgently then u go enter streets..

Finding job is more of connect and info.

Online platforms na a waste of time..

E go beta..

I thought you people said you don't need connections to get jobs in obodo oyinbo, only Nigeria.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
CaptainFM1:

It's a lifetime win Bro.

January will make it 25years I've been travelling far and wide. And I've visited all the continents of the world. I never for once nurture the thought of settling in any of these countries I've been.

I think it's stupidity spending 30millions to Japa to a country where you and your generations will forever be regarded as 4th or 5th class citizens.

If all these people that Japa spend all these millions in Nigeria, I can bet 50% of them will be alright and do well in their fatherland.
Spend time to read and understand. Don't be lazy to comprehend. Am sorry to say this.
I meant 15 million while 15 million was borrowed and the loan repaid.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
maasoap:

Lol. You believe 25m naira is too much to be paid at once? Good to know. How much did you say you raised again just to travel? About 30m naira, right? I started business with 200k in 2014, I guess. My brother started with 100k at the same time.
30m naira and you couldn't go into distribution of FMCG!

Due to insecurity reason. So I am looking for else places that is safer..
I can't ride car of 10m without feeling uneasy.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Nativetree: 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
fullclub:

edited with more info.

My question to you is where in UK are you?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
heavensown:
@OP Where in the UK are you based? Some locations can be a bit difficult but if you're around the London area, there's usually lots of jobs. My advise - you and especially your spouse (I assume she is the dependent) need to physically go to job agencies, shops in the Town Centre, restaurants etc. with your CV and tell them you're seeking a job. That's usually quicker than applying online. Try that and don't give up. You'll get one soon. Your spouse needs to do that on a daily basis

Yeah been doing that 98% will ask you they only recruit via their websites.
I believe with time thinga will balance.

Thanks bro
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
LEGALSER:

Lolzzzzzzz.
Ask questions, network and don’t be a loner.
Let me address some issues you raised here:

JOB
Once you arrive UK, you need to adjust your CV to fit standards, no carry naija cv format say you wan apply for work for UK, you’ll be bounced. Adjust your CV to fit the role you are applying for, have a separate cv for care, have one for warehouse, have one for cleaner etc. There are jobs in the UK but what matters is your location and how you are able to search, there are lots of sites beyond indeed, contact agencies and if possible visit those agencies that you can, not all those as most require appointments, ask fellow students and be ready to feel uncomfortable at first. It also important you try jobs within your location, no go apply for job wey require private transport when you no get car. Get your NI and where applicable DBS also.

RENT
This depends on the city you live and as someone that’s relocating I believe this should be one of the major factors to be considered by you. There are cities you can get accommodation below 450 and it depends on your taste as well.

UK no be country wey you go plan to do big man, E go weigh you.

Las Las, you go Dey all right.
Thanks bro.

Any formate or screenshot of yours let me see
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
Baaluku:
Oga calm down, don't be deceived or allow yourself to deceive those that want to japaaaa to the UK.
It's always like that when you first come in bro. Again, depending on the part of UK you are in.
Packaging your CV for indeed/total jobs is also important.
After a few weeks or months, depending on your luck, you won't remember all these stress or stories anymore.
I came here in February, I had £11k balance to pay the school. Bro, I can say authoritatively that I just paid the last batch last week without borrowing a dime.
So, calm down, create reasonable relationship with people here, gather useful information and be prayerful, everything go turn story sooner or later.

Thanks bro
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Teenaira: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
flokii:

Multinationals that have made enough money exploiting Africa are the ones leaving.. just like P&ID, most of them don't mean well for black people.
With that 13 million the poster wasted, having nothing tangible to show for it.. he can set up multiple streams of income in food business, fish farming, poultry, cassava farming etc. and he'll make good money.
Most industries are buying cassava and other cash crops like wheat at good price for use in their industrial processes.

Ok now, he paid 13 million just to enter UK.. no job, no investment to bring returns, nothing.
In the end he'll likely get offer to be cleaning shlt of sick Oyibo parents.. Na life be that one?

This is top secret o. Don’t let anybody no about it. He should look for a prime area, rent a big shop and operate a standard barbing saloon. This will not likely cost up to 4m. By the time he stabilizes, he can open more. Please clap for me and thank me latter. Don’t bother to pay for consultation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply)

Snow In Africa ! (pic) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics

Viewing this topic: Alliswell73

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.