Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92342 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Natbrowny:

Exactly.. Where is the money?
Probably returned to people he loaned it from
See ehn, Nigerians will not show transparency and they are going to nations that has rules.

U lied in ur bank statement just to japa. If OP is found guilty, those people won't listen to sorry..

i had 15 million in my account. when i started this process and got loan of extra 15 due to the dollar pounds surge. spent 13m coming plus extra dollars in my hands

i repeat 98 to 99% percent don't have full money. how many Nigerians can boast of 35 to 45m

38 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

That 13 million should have taken you to Portugal or Germany but to get visa to both places dey hard. The truth is that if you even come back to Nigeria and learn the data analysis no job you will suffer greatly.

i won't suffer greatly. i have houses in different cities already in Nigeria. still running business bringing 1m. bur converting this money into pounds pays only rent

doing extremely well.
bought those properties by the grace of God. but disposing any more properties now? i can't.

A friend wanted to start same journey last week. but i told him honest opinion to back down.... give him detailed analysis all i have gone through.

so coming here is to warn Nigerians not to embark again... its no longer promising as before

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by samuelson06(m): 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wujio:
Visit Craiglist United Kingdom. I bet you you would see more than 100 jobs. You wont get jobs on Indeed and the likes. Go to Craiglist and youll see tons of offers. I know this first hand cost i made loads if cash of this site thru the vast opportunities on it

Remotely or onsite?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

i won't suffer greatly. i have houses in different cities already in Nigeria. still running business bringing 1m. bur converting this money into pounds pays only rent

doing extremely well.
bought those properties by the grace of God. but disposing any more properties now? i can't

If you have something to fall back down then you can come back and restrategise

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Natbrowny: 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

i had 15 million in my account. when i started this process and got loan of extra 15 due to the dollar pounds surge. spent 13m coming plus extra dollars in my hands

i repeat 98 to 99% percent don't have full money. how many Nigerians can boast of 35 to 45m

True. Not many can boast of that money. Few people hold this country money.
But these guys over there wants to believe u own everytyn u presented to them so u can survive on it incase job hunt is proving difficult.
15milli naija currency for that side no many. Na few months of spending, e don finish...
They knw we wanna come 2 THIER country, na dis useless naija wey no pure dey spoil show 4 good people wey wan hustle 4 dat way..
U even dey give u back updates as to why they aint picking u, unlike dis our we'll get back to u liars here.

All d best. Hang in there. Somtin is comin soon. Breathe

28 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
samuelson06:

Remotely or onsite?

i have gone to the craigslist and downloaded their app but no job on care, warehouses and even cleaner in my city not know if i didn't search well

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Natbrowny:

True. Not many can boast of that money. Few people hold this country money.
But these guys over there wants to believe u own everytyn u presented to them so u can survive on it incase job hunt is proving difficult.
15milli naija currency for that side no many. Na few months of spending, e don finish...
They knw we wanna come 2 THIER country, na dis useless naija wey no pure dey spoil show 4 good people wey wan hustle 4 dat way..
U even dey give u back updates as to why they aint picking u, unlike dis our we'll get back to u liars here.

All d best. Hang in there. Somtin is comin soon. Breathe

honestly a lot of Nigerians paint good about abroad... letting others fall to the deadly trap.
i have 3 friends who told me i can make it. even chatted many on WhatsApp groups asking about the situation they responded that's what they do.. they work to pay.

but honestly many of them took months to get this job... owned landlord fees that they dont rent to student again.

before paying my fees i, i asked two pm trusted friends there.. if they are sure of this. they affirm. but on landing they started telling me on how they pack whitemen shit, dirty stuff.... menial jobs..

even i accepted my fate and started applying. but up till now no show.

20 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ednut1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
The reality in uk for student visa has been overflogged on this app and social media. You cant claim ignorance o. If you dont have money to pay complete school fees and living expenses abort mission. Unless you have made up your mind to rough am

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Wujio: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:

i have gone to the craigslist and downloaded their app but no job on care, warehouses and even cleaner in my city not know if i didn't search well

You still dey find work for your city. Smh ? Go to where your sustainance is for now

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by very4tune8: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

My dear Like someone said. Always ask people around you especially those that have now settled.

Go to church and social places and mingle.

Above all Always ask for God's favour.

Don't lose hope.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wujio:

You still dey find work for your city. Smh ? Go to where your sustainance is for now

Sustainance like 5 hours journey right? anything above 2.5hours journey is off.
coming to school might cost me 100 pounds going and coming

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
You spent 13 million to Japa to UK.. now see your life, no job forthcoming for you.

I won't pity you cos I know your type love going about condemning Nigeria at the slightest opportunity you get, thinking the grass is greener over there for you.

Experience is the best teacher.. this one will teach you and many more like you to appreciate your home cos 'no place like home'.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:01am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:
You spent 13 million to Japa to UK.. now see your life, no job forthcoming for you.

I won't pity you cos I know your type love going about condemning Nigeria at the slightest opportunity you get, thinking the grass is greener over there for you.

Experience is the best teacher.. this one will teach you and many more like you to appreciate your home cos 'no place like home'.

Lol what has gotten better in Nigeria since may 29th. Just list one thing. Op didn't plan and travelled with high expectations.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol what has gotten better in Nigeria since may 29th. Just list one thing. Op didn't plan and travelled with high expectations.

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our youths keep rushing to pay UK government and their universities millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our keep ruahing to pay UK government and their millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.

Most of these young guys and girls going to UK and likes are going there to do "care giving" jobs which is a repackaged name for house helps and cleaners..
How will educated youths spend millions to travel abroad only to settle for shlt packing, shlt cleaning jobs. God abeg o.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2023
very4tune8:

My dear Like someone said. Always ask people around you especially those that have now settled.

Go to church and social places and mingle.

Above all Always ask for God's favour.

Don't lose hope.

do u think am in one place? i have spent 500k plus with recruitment agencies here. ask my landlord, ask fellow students.

am now like a paste to most of them.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:20am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:

there has nothing that has been working in Nigeria. the political class has don harm than good.
no light.... here since I came no blink of light.. First time in my life.
water running 24/7
security.. no thieves.
all road paved.. 'good road network.
transportation superb etc

but immigrant getting job is not easy

UK people are very honest... when i say honest... i meant it.

if Government does provide this things no one will leave

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:22am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:

Most of these young guys and girls going to UK and likes are going there to do "care giving" jobs which is a repackaged name for house helps and cleaners..
How will educated youths spend millions to travel abroad only to settle for shlt packing, shlt cleaning jobs. God abeg o.

not house keeping but working with elderly, disabilities... packing their shit.

house help is different level

17 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by flokii: 12:27am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

there has nothing that has been working in Nigeria. the political class has don harm than good.
no light.... here since I came no blink of light.. First time in my life.
water running 24/7
security.. no thieves.
all road paved.. 'good road network.
transportation superb etc

but immigrant getting job is not easy

UK people are very honest... when i say honest... i meant it.

if Government does provide this things no one will leave

Don't worry too much.. some are currently selling off their homes and properties to raise money to come and join you guys over there.

Maybe you guys will form association of trapped Nigerians in UK and be soliciting for help from those at home.
I hope you find job soonest though.. it's just paining me how people especially Africans are burning money just to acquire abroad tailored degrees designed to advance abroad economies.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:28am On Oct 26, 2023
ednut1:
The reality in uk for student visa has been overflogged on this app and social media. You cant claim ignorance o. If you dont have money to pay complete school fees and living expenses abort mission. Unless you have made up your mind to rough am

Please point one thread like this to me with first hand experience.

that is why i am sharing this... if u don't have 35 to 40 million naira. dont come

first hand experience.... many are crying here. many with children all ma' for him self

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by samuelson06(m): 12:29am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

Wait o... Have you tried all those easy data entry jobs that they pay up to $20-$25 per hour? I don't think you necessarily need experience to get them. Just have a good CV with all the description of the job and you should be able to get them. UpWork is also there. Setup a profile and apply for editing / proofreading jobs. I hope you have a system. If you have challenges designing a good CV that targets each job you want to apply, I can help.

Basically, you have to present yourself like an expert of some sort and learn the things around the expertise you want to exploit.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2023
flokii:

Don't worry too much.. some are currently selling off their homes and properties to raise money to come and join you guys over there.

Maybe you guys will form association of trapped Nigerians in UK and be soliciting for help from those at home.
I hope you find job soonest though.. it's just paining me how people especially Africans are burning money just to acquire abroad tailored degrees designed to advance abroad economies.

Its because of the post study visa... and settlement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by LikeAking: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

If u need job urgently then u go enter streets..

Finding job is more of connect and info.

Online platforms na a waste of time..

E go beta..

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 12:34am On Oct 26, 2023
samuelson06:

Wait o... Have you tried all those easy data entry jobs that they pay up to $20-$25 per hour? I don't think you necessarily need experience to get them. Just have a good CV with all the description of the job and you should be able to get them. UpWork is also there. Setup a profile and apply for editing / proofreading jobs. I hope you have a system. If you have challenges designing a good CV that targets each job you want to apply, I can help.

Basically, you have to present yourself like an expert of some sort and learn the things around the expertise you want to exploit.

i have someone who is a qualified nurse with BSC, RN, other degree...ordinary care she still de fined.
the last employment she went for she was the most qualified but they said just her non UK experience.

16 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by emmaodet: 12:42am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

how many Nigerians can even afford full fees. we are talking between 18 to 25m. i have to sell properties to raise this sum.

after payment of fees you still need about 6m to apply for visa n health insurance and alo flight... even fact keep 35m.

Omohhhjjj

These oyinbos really want to wreck Africa.
They will do anything in their capacity to see that whatever money we get from them through crude oil sales finds it way back to them.
We sell crude and buy back petrol more costly from them.
When they come to school here, they can do it virtually cheap but when we are to school there, you will have to virtually sell the family house to fund the expenses.
What about their football league? Most companies like DStv are always at the brink of bankruptcy just to get a license to broadcast their leagues. Hitv went broke due to this.
The transaction between a black man and a white man has never favoured a black man for once.
They always outstrip and loot us.
I checked flight ticket for a family of 4 to Canada for vacation and the cheapest flight was 8m and goes up to 10m. Just flight alone.
Omoh, I no go even try am.
My mama go roll for inside her grave if I try am just for vacation. We are not even talking about permanent relocation or study.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ednut1(m): 12:53am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

Please point one thread like this to me with first hand experience.

that is why i am sharing this... if u don't have 35 to 40 million naira. dont come

first hand experience.... many are crying here. many with children all ma' for him self
https://www.nairaland.com/7738556/nigerians-uk-really-suffering

https://www.nairaland.com/7819290/5-reasons-why-shouldnt-come

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Coldie(m): 1:10am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end
Most times the school doesn't follow through on their threat, for any male coming to the UK, if u want ur life to be easy marry and come.

That fees that you want to have HBp for u and ur wife would pay it off in max 3 months.

Only thing is that right now there are no jobs in the UK like that anymore.

19 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Coldie(m): 1:13am On Oct 26, 2023
emmaodet:

Omohhhjjj

These oyinbos really want to wreck Africa.
They will do anything in their capacity to see that whatever money we get from them through crude oil sales finds it way back to them.
We sell crude and buy back petrol more costly from them.
When they come to school here, they can do it virtually cheap but when we are to school there, you will have to virtually sell the family house to fund the expenses.
What about their football league? Most companies like DStv are always at the brink of bankruptcy just to get a license to broadcast their leagues. Hitv went broke due to this.
The transaction between a black man and a white man has never favoured a black man for once.
They always outstrip and loot us.
I checked flight ticket for a family of 4 to Canada for vacation and the cheapest flight was 8m and goes up to 10m. Just flight alone.
Omoh, I no go even try am.
My mama go roll for inside her grave if I try am just for vacation. We are not even talking about permanent relocation or study.
It's not that expensive on a very good day it's just that our exchange rate is Fvcked.

That apart it's not all those money u spend, as time goes on they refund some

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Coldie(m): 1:14am On Oct 26, 2023
fullclub:

i have someone who is a qualified nurse with BSC, RN, other degree...ordinary care she still de fined.
the last employment she went for she was the most qualified but they said just her non UK experience.
Tell them the truth, being a qualified nurse isn't enough, does she have her pin?

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Coldie(m): 1:16am On Oct 26, 2023
LikeAking:

If u need job urgently then u go enter streets..

Finding job is more of connect and info.

Online platforms na a waste of time..

E go beta..

At present jobs are scarce in the UK, especially this set that just came in, if u are coming to the UK and u don't hv someone u might suffer.

Agencies don't recruit anymore as they have too many staffs and the shifts aren't enough to go round, companies won't recruit u without experience and agencies are the route to experience

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by michlins(m): 1:39am On Oct 26, 2023
Taal17:

No need to argue
There are plenty who pay their school fees upfront. Schools take installments too. You on the other didn't pay anything at ALL that's the issue.
More people are struggling with paying living expenses and second installment of school fees.
You sef no say you no try rara

Spend your energy on finding how to eat, bills increase as it gets colder
why do you guys enjoy prolonging argument?

How many people in Nigeria have 40ml in cash and assets combined. The number is less than 5%% out of that, how many are going abroad then compare this to the number of people in UK.

The simple fact is that 98% of people in UK are hoping for a job to pay school fees and the op is saying it is not worth the expense

59 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.