Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? (1397 Views)

Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:07am On Oct 26, 2023
I came across this post and heres what many have to say.

For me though, I don't think it's out of disrespect but just over familiarity but then again I believe one with good home training should know better to greet the entire household cos it's simple courtesy to greet people especially when you wake up in the morning.

This is an age long family thing that even the children should learn. In my house then if you wake up come long mouth dey look, na blow my papa go to take bring the greeting from your mouth. So we don't joke with greeting mummy and daddy. Now, back to the matter. How many women don't greet out of oversight.

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Nice2023(m): 6:19am On Oct 26, 2023
I haven't taken my time to look into this in 8years of my marriage...I can see my wife greets me almost everyday and I don't see any trouble in this at all.

Even in MARRIAGE some people are still looking for who greets first...the way my parent trained me and my siblings eh,I even greet my wife sometimes.

There is no competition in marriage.

Men,see ur wives as ur sisters and treat them with tenderness.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Machinegun91(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2023
My girlfriend just greeted me now after a deep quarrel last night

We slept without touching nor talking to each other.

I said my girlfriend oo

5 Likes

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2023
Nice2023:
I haven't taken my time to look into this in 8years of my marriage...I can see my wife greets me almost everyday and I don't see any trouble in this at all.

Even in MARRIAGE some people are still looking for who greets first...the way my parent trained me and my siblings eh,I even greet my wife sometimes.

There is no competition in marriage.

Men,see ur wives as ur sisters and treat them with tenderness.

Exactly, anybody can greet first not a gender thing like one of the commenters said. However, Some feel too big to greet their spouse.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2023
That I'll tell you, had been the culture and traditions of our parents. But all these stupid uncultured Genzi kids has degenerated thinking they're revolutionizing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:38am On Oct 26, 2023
Machinegun91:
My girlfriend just greeted me now after a deep quarrel last night

We slept without touching nor talking to each other.

I said my girlfriend oo

Hm.. girlfriend and wife no be the same o. She might still be doing this now so she can qualify for.... mhm. Let her become wife first before you can conclude she's the type that greets first even after a quarrel.

No be eyes wen Dem take do relationship Dem dey take do marriage o.

2 Likes

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:41am On Oct 26, 2023
4KNGOATS:
That I'll tell you, had been the culture and traditions of our parents. But all these stupid uncultured Genzi kids has degenerated thinking they're revolutionizing.

Hm.. tell me something.

You see those ones, they see greeting as doing you a favor therefore would rather not greet to prove what I don't know.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by wunmi590(m): 6:55am On Oct 26, 2023

Who did the research that brought this statistics?

My wife greets me every morning, and if I spot her first I greet her, because most times she leaves me in bed 🛌, to go and do her normal morning home routine, and sometimes if I wake up early before her, once she wakes, I greet her...

Greeting no fit break my home

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2023
wunmi590:

Who did the research that brought this statistics?

My wife greets me every morning, and if I spot her first she I greet her, because most times she leaves me in bed 🛌, to go and do her normal morning hone routine, and sometimes if I wake up early before her, once she wakes, I greet her...

Greeting now fit break my home

You can see for yourself in the comment section of that post that greeting can bring problems in homes. Some may not say it while it lasts but the day there'll be a heavy quarrel youll hear the man lamenting. " Ehn.. she doesn't greet me anymore " bla bla bla...

Well I'm not married so I can't say.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by wunmi590(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You can see for yourself in the comment section of that post that greeting can bring problems in homes. Some may not say it while it lasts but the day there'll be a heavy quarrel youll hear the man lamenting. " Ehn.. she doesn't greet me anymore " bla bla bla...

Well I'm not married so I can't say.

How we value our relationship differs, as for me, you greet me or you mo greet me as my wife, nothing concern me, you have already captured my heart with the qualities you possess, that made me marry you...

Greeting me everytime you wake up from bed 🛌 wasn't why I married you...

I work as a manager in a company, I get so many good morning sir at work..

My wife greeting me every morning is less of my worries as a married man, it doesn't make me less if she doesn't say good morning, and it doesn't stop her from discharging her duties likewise me too...

Have a nice day

5 Likes

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by NFBI: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2023
But they say greetings no be love?
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2023
NFBI:
But they say greetings no be love?

Yeah it's not love , it's courtesy and courtesy shows you have manners and good home training

Greet!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Purvan(m): 11:11am On Oct 26, 2023
You're not married and you're asking this type of question

Haba !!
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
Purvan:
You're not married and you're asking this type of question

Haba !!

So someone who is not married now has committed a crime and therefore should not discuss marriage issues? What a dumb way to reason.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Mindlog: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
92%? From which survey?

Some would hear voices in their heads and post what they "hear" as FACTS!

Should greeting each other in the morning, not be a mutual gesture?

1 Like

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mindlog:
92%? From which survey?

Some would hear voices in their heads and post what they "hear" as FACTS!

Should greeting each other in the morning, not be a mutual gesture?

😂 😂...
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
I came across this post and heres what many have to say. For me though, I don't think it's out of disrespect but just over familiarity but then again I believe one with good home training should know better to greet the entire household cos it's simple courtesy to greet people especially when you wake up in the morning. This is an age long family thing that even the children should learn. In my house then if you wake up come long mouth dey look, na blow my papa go to take bring the greeting from your mouth. So we don't joke with greeting mummy and daddy. Now, back to the matter. How many women don't greet out of oversight.
Rubbish! Not everyone holds to these silly traditions abeg! I don't greet in the morning and that doesn't remove anything from anyone's day or life. I am of the opinion that fixating on ideas that add no tangible value to life and living in general serve to distract from the meaning things of life. undecided

A person could greet you in the morning and stab you in the back that same morning. So, if you think so much of these things, then you really need to get your head checked. undecided
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! Not everyone holds to these silly traditions abeg! I don't greet in the morning and that doesn't remove anything from anyone's day or life. I am of the opinion that fixating on ideas that add no tangible value to life and living in general serve to distract from the meaning things of life. undecided

A person could greet you in the morning and stab you in the back that same morning. So, if you think so much of these things, then you really need to get your head checked. undecided

Korkor shut up your mouth. You lack home training. Simple!
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
â–  Korkor shut up your mouth. You lack home training. Simple!
Abegi, make we hear word! All una home-training we una dey like yap about upandan, wetin e don really get una for that una Nigeria? grin
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by dominique(f): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
So husband cannot greet his wife, it's wife that must always greet. Issoryt!

1 Like

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abegi, make we hear word! All una home-training we una dey like yap about upandan, wetin e don really get una for that una Nigeria? grin

LoL .. 😂 😂 ehennn... You want make i command you come Nigeria abi? No worry. Naija go better. Na only small time.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
dominique:
So husband cannot greet his wife, it's wife that must always greet. Issoryt!

I taya o. The title sef.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
■ LoL .. 😂 😂 ehennn... You want make i command you come Nigeria abi? No worry. Naija go better. Na only small time.
Make I come back Nigeria where people go say,"Good morning!", right before they sell me out to the highest bidder? No thank you! embarassed
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Make I come back Nigeria where people go say,"Good morning!", right before they sell me out to the highest bidder? No thank you! embarassed

Who wan sell you? Fear fear. Ase o tie le grin.

If you wan come you go go all those highly secured area na as a big boy. Shey you wan come dey go back to ikorodu? Tufia! I reject it for you.

As Americana big boy na VGC or Parkview for ikoyi you go land.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
â–  Who wan sell you? Fear fear. Ase o tie le grin. If you wan come you go go all those highly secured area na as a big boy.
â–  Shey you wan come dey go back to ikorodu? Tufia! I reject it for you. As Americana big boy na VGC or Parkview for ikoyi you go land.
Dem dey sell ordinary babies and even children into slavery, women into prostitution, na me dem no come fit sell? undecided

Wetin do Ikorodu abeg? I was just surfing Google Earth yesterday and even reviewed the house I grew up in, from above, just yesterday. Abeg, my taste is not warped. I still prefer my peace of mind more than anything "shiny"! lipsrsealed
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
author=Kobojunkie post=126632784]
Dem dey sell ordinary babies and even children into slavery, women into prostitution, na me dem no come fit sell? undecided
If you wish make Dem sell you na you Sabi.

Wetin do Ikorodu abeg? I was just surfing Google Earth yesterday and even reviewed the house I grew up in, from above, just yesterday. Abeg, my taste is not warped. I still prefer my peace of mind more than anything "shiny"! lipsrsealed
You no know say ikorodu na rough area?
All those boys no be ikorodu Dem come out from? Well .. I don't really know much about ikorodu but me I know say the place no gel.

Which area you grow up? Ogijo? grin you no know how many years you don commot for there? Abeg talk about better place Biko.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
â–  If you wish make Dem sell you na you Sabi. You no know say ikorodu na rough area? All those boys no be ikorodu Dem come out from? Well .. I don't really know much about ikorodu but me I know say the place no gel. Which area you grow up? Ogijo? grin you no know how many years you don commot for there? Abeg talk about better place Biko.
Lagos Rd. From the area between Lagos State Water Corporation and Benson Estate, right before Oga Garage. grin
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lagos Rd. From the area between Lagos State Water Corporation and Benson Estate, right before Oga Garage. grin

I don't know these areas. In fact, I don't know anywhere in ikorodu. By the way those places can not be like they used to be after all these years.
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
I don't know these areas. In fact, I don't know anywhere in ikorodu. By the way those places can not be like they used to be after all these years.
A lot of the landmarks are still there. undecided
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A lot of the landmarks are still there. undecided

Ok. You can trace your way back with them.
But una house go still dey there so? Your people go don leave there now. Anyways sha...
Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Ok. You trace your way back with them.
But una house go still dey there so? Your people go don leave there now. Anyways sha...
See attached a Google Earth picture of the house I grew up in marked with an X. undecided

Re: Many Wives Dont Greet Their Husbands In The Morning. How True Is This? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See attached a Google Earth picture of the house I grew up in marked with an X. undecided

Hmm .. e really dey hungry to go there sotay you come mark am grin. Chai korkor, if no be America you suppose be bush man o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wahala / What Will Be Your Reaction If / She Said He Is Not The Right Guy For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.