Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (26921 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana / Sorting Of Votes Begins At PDP Convention (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by obiekunie01: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Boldideas:

Mind your language, else you will be fed through the iron bars. You will beg for fresh air. Be warned.

Now the dragon will be fully unleashed on the masses.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Tareq1105: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
Estello:
Justice Okoro has held that not having 25% of the votes in Abuja does not stop a candidate from being declared president.

The judge held that people of Abuja are equal and not different from other Nigerians

To God be the glory. This is the best decision I've picked from the judgement.

How can a beggar in FCT, who doesn't pay Tax would have a superior votes than a Professor of Medicine in ABU Zaria who's paying Tax and contributing to human health? Does it make sense?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by dust144(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
3 down
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Coronavirus1: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
No judiciary in Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
teadrake:
Absolutely. If that were the case, all of us would have relocated to Abuja during an election. Excellent judgment.

Only the people that believed that Buhari was dead and cloned as Jubril believed that Abuja people are superior to them in the same country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
Djele:
War is what is coming, obi and atiku supporters will start this revolution
Mass suicide you mean?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by LockDown69(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
grin Supreme Court judgement is just a formality. They have been duly compensated to keep the Administration in power. Let us just move on with our lives, suffering and smiling till the 4 years get by. grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by busomma: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
This is sad indeed. What's the point of making laws in Nigeria if the judiciary will will give their own interpretations even on those laws that are in plain language? How can Supreme Court say that 25% of the vote isn't compulsory in Abija? Senate should go back to the drawing board cos Nigeria will continue on the same part of self destruction if electoral laws are not re written.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Adewale1603(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2023
Them go explain tire, no evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by dove234(m): 11:11am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
as e dey pain DemπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2023
Coronavirus1:
No judiciary in Nigeria
Things like yourself, have refused to use their small common sense, how you no go suffer?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Versifier20: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2023
angry
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
you must be speaking from a reflection of your miserable existence?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Timothy89(m): 11:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Racoon:
Supreme Court of absurdity, illegality and technicalities

Take handkerchief
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by 7upnigeria: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Some people go wan die today
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Mfetenang: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2023
IPOB goats were born to be losers.,na only to sell pure water dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Okwyjesus(m): 11:13am On Oct 26, 2023
DrMPH:

"It is my well-considered opinion that the failure to transmit results to the IReV did not affect the election and this issue is resolved AGAINST THE APPELLANT" --- Inyang Okoro (JSC) 2023

I hope Agbadorians are taking note, so that they don't wail tomorrow. I surely know our desperate politicians are taking notes

That's it. Tomorrow the law will be applied to another person and someone may be at the other end
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2023
busomma:
This is sad indeed. What's the point of making laws in Nigeria if the judiciary will will give their own interpretations even on those laws that are in plain language? How can Supreme Court say that 25% of the vote isn't compulsory in Abija? Senate should go back to the drawing board cos Nigeria will continue on the same part of self destruction if electoral laws are not re written.
Why still exhibiting your ignorance? Shallow minded shameless Thing.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Rhassidy360: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2023
spiSeyi:
Justice Okoro Thank God it's not Justice Ariwoola that said this, BAT knew that PO lacks the political acumen and structures to win the national election when he was saying since the 1ST day that LP would labor in vain grin
We told them to move on but they refused, dog wey go lost no go hear the hunter whistle grin grin . Let this enter your skulls in case you might want to raise any false hope in the future "No court can unseat any Nigerian President after being sworn in as a president", once INEC declares you as the presidential election winner in Nigeria nothing can unseat you except death cool
%100 everything is perfectly played if you know you know
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by AndroBlaze: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2023
Racoon:
The only absurdity here is that the holier than thou people who cannot win an election by scoring more votes, want to hijack power based on ridiculous technicalities and keep making it seem like their cause is Just and even divine.

God hates hypocrisy and exposes it no matter what, even if you think you are being a hypocrite for a good cause.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2023
FCT voted against Tinubu, almost cause his down fall...

Wike will finish then raw!
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Jeyun: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
spiSeyi:
Justice Okoro thank God it's not Justice Ariwoola grin
We told them to move on but they refused, dog wey go lost no go hear the hunter whistle grin grin . Let this enter your skulls in case you might want to raise any false hope in the future "No court can unseat any Nigerian President after being sworn in as a president", once INEC declares you as the presidential election winner in Nigeria nothing can unseat you except death cool
Oga ur gas don finish o, fuel don finish o, last I checked gas is now 1,050 while Petro is 600 however dollar is now 1,250 all this became possible through tinubu under 5 months is God not wonderful? I believe APC guys are still buying all these things with old price
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by yemex04(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

It was never meant to be... The electoral Act 2022 never said it is.. infact IREV was not never mentioned in the electoral act.. it is a creation of INEC to promote Transpency. What's on IREV? Polling Unit Result Papers(EC8A form) which is normally with the Party Agents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by HitlerWasRight: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

Then concentrate on your Biafra project .

This time no one will stop you if you go about it using your elected officials .

Just make sure to steer very clear from the SS.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by bellabello(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

All your portions on Nigeria will be yours

BACK TO SENDER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Djele: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
U are an animal
LegacyB:

I hope you and your family will join that war. Online coward.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2023
Racoon:
Relocate go Ghana, make you go join your boss David Hundeyin.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by nick50(m): 11:16am On Oct 26, 2023
What else do u expect from a judicial system that declared a 4th placed candidate as the governor of imo state?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Emyogalanya: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2023
Estello:
Justice Okoro has held that not having 25% of the votes in Abuja does not stop a candidate from being declared president.

The judge held that people of Abuja are equal and not different from other Nigerians
Then give them a governor and 3 senators like other states too and a state assembly
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Bimpe29: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2023
That's the law.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2023
Jeyun:
Oga ur gas don finish o, fuel don finish o, last I checked gas is now 1,050 while Petro is 600 however dollar is now 1,250 all this became possible through tinubu under 5 months is God not wonderful? I believe APC guys are still buying all these things with old price
Because Atiku Malu & Gringory will fix Nigeria in 5 months, for Lazy Atikulated Obidients to be enjoying?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Miles300: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2023
This one no matter , na forgery case I wan hear about ...I want to see how it will be dropped

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspension Of Sit-at-home Order Remains, Nnamdi Kanu's Family Clarifies / Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Women In Kwara - Photos / Government's Wrong Policy Choices Caused This Recession - Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.