Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (26908 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana / Sorting Of Votes Begins At PDP Convention (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by flokii: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
O pari.. Case closed.

The votes in a remote village in Enugu are equal to votes in Abuja.. Nigerians residing in the FCT don't have two heads or special rights above others.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by 1x2x3: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
The turnout for the next election will have a record for the lowest turnout of voters. iRev lifted the spirit of voters confidence but it has been crushed.

For now, you can't trust INEC and you can't trust the Judiciary System 😎. I also like how these old politicians play the tribal games, use touts, and then come in to ruin the country.

One day, the docile youths will wake up and revolt but I'm afraid it may in 30-50 years time.

For now, the common man must manage what he sees irrespective of his tribe or political affiliation while the policians have a field day draining what's left.

Quarter bag of rice was send to a community as palliative to be shared by 150 households grin. Whereas one politician gets N160M car 😂😂😂.

Anyways, if you know what's good for you, better find a remote job and earn in dollars otherwise you go see shege.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Chibuzoripob: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by gigabyte13: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
GBAJUE people
Wey dey form Abuja residence
Shey una dey hear.....
Awon werey
How can ABUJA people's vote be more NIGERIAN than other citizens.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
We told them severally but they never listened. It's good that Supreme Court is now hitting their coconut head with 2x2 plank grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by AndroBlaze: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2023
Estello:
Justice Okoro has held that not having 25% of the votes in Abuja does not stop a candidate from being declared president.

The judge held that people of Abuja are equal and not different from other Nigerians

According to Obidients, Abuja residents have 3 heads!!

I thank my parents for ensuring I had a decent and meaningful education.

16 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by teadrake(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
I don't think it is yet. We have more than 200m people living in this country. No need to rain curse like " nothing will rescue Nigeria"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by obiekunie01: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
FCT RESIDENTS CAN NOW DEMAND TO HAVE GOVERNORS, AND FULL LEGISLATIVE REPRESENTATION.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Boldideas: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
Racoon:
Supreme Court of absurdity, illegality and technicalities

Mind your language, else you will be fed through the iron bars. You will beg for fresh air. Be warned.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Darkjudge24: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
Cases aren't won on emotions but rather on evidence before the court, on the issues of 25%, Abuja is not a special state

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Godwin4444: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
because u igbos lost election abi?

Ur region that is been governed by u, is it eldorado now?

13 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by fitlaw(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
We have said it before that I have never seen any Court in Nigeria that will remove the Sitting President. All petitioner's should start preparing for another four years. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by tafabaloo(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Time to embrace electronic voting system.
By then, IREV may have roles to play in collation.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Christipsy(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
It shall never be will with those making life miserable to it follow human being in the name of money.... Their 5th generation will not escape this punishment the poor mass r going through.... Amennn
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by semyman: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Atiku and Obi's lawyers have cashed out big time.
Mumu men

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by donmoz(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Honestly speaking all of this judgement are what common sense can tell you if you remove sentiments out of it and really I don't know how someone would spend so much with no clear evidence to prove his case court don't use sentiments or heresay you have to provide evidence to prove your case and honestly I think tinubu is enjoying this because instead of think and preparing a better way to win next election they are chasing lost course

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by infogeneral: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Of all the cases against APC, the 25% issue is the most useless. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that it just doesn't make sense.

12 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Djele: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
War is what is coming, obi and atiku supporters will start this revolution
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by yemex04(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Whoever thinks otherwise should have himself checked honestly.. we all have equal right to vote irrespective of where we are resident.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by LegacyB: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2023
We always knew this. It’s too simple.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Yemmysworld91: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:
This was the most baseless of all the arguments

So if I won 35 states and didn’t get 25% in Abuja, it means there should be a rerun
Ehn na

To the mumus, those in Abuja are specially created while those in other states are nothing

The same way to them irev is more important than the result sheets their agent has from each poling units. Mumus

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by BreconHills(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

Irev cannot collate until the technology is changed and the constitution amended. You cannot turn a pdf image into .txt or .xls data that can be added up. The only conversion method is optical character recognition which cannot render accurate data in this case.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by nairalanda1(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

Indeed, which is why we have to ask WHY did the government pretend and lie it was one?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by DrMPH: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

"It is my well-considered opinion that the failure to transmit results to the IReV did not affect the election and this issue is resolved AGAINST THE APPELLANT" --- Inyang Okoro (JSC) 2023

I hope Agbadorians are taking note, so that they don't wail tomorrow. I surely know our desperate politicians are taking notes
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Hsurdluxury: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
says by justice okoro,a proud south easterner

make them break this country simple

if they lose today,the hatred towards yoruba will increase 100%
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Kolaboluv7(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
khalling2008:
Elupeee don luleeee

Everybody go suffer am, na wetin i buy fuel na him you sef go buy we move grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by vacanci: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Segun91:
2-0

It's 3-0

CSU
IREV
FCT

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Jogs1900: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Inspirer1:
I doubt if any other appeal will scale through
To which court na

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by LegacyB: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Djele:
War is what is coming, obi and atiku supporters will start this revolution
I hope you and your family will join that war. Online coward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by FreeStuffsNG: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
O pari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Burob: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Estello:
Justice Okoro has held that not having 25% of the votes in Abuja does not stop a candidate from being declared president.

The judge held that people of Abuja are equal and not different from other Nigerians
Where is that shameless Kanwuliextra, racoon, Taylor94, DMerciful & Co?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omokri Mocks Betta Edu: Oyedepo’s Prayers Should’ve Made You Set Good Example / Revolution Has Started' - Aisha Yesufu On Looting Of Truck Carrying Food Items I / Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.