Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,197 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (27004 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana / Sorting Of Votes Begins At PDP Convention (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by crossbreedwears(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
You don't have single sense after all the whole explanation about equal 25% votes in Abuja.
LockDown69:
grin Supreme Court judgement is just a formality. They have been duly compensated to keep the Administration in power. Let us just move on with our lives, suffering and smiling till the 4 years get by. grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by alobright17(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
Which means even if obi won nothing would've changed abi ?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Gaabasky: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
They are to fine those noisy lawyers and media house that polluted our environment.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Michikech(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
StreetFight:

You are right my Nigga, but the INEC act can be modified before the next election.
Which will also be truncated and later modified again 😱😱😱😱
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by crossbreedwears(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
Are you saying Abuja residents are better off than people residing in other states? Does it mean a begger is better off than a Professor in UNN? Use your head oga
busomma:
This is sad indeed. What's the point of making laws in Nigeria if the judiciary will will give their own interpretations even on those laws that are in plain language? How can Supreme Court say that 25% of the vote isn't compulsory in Abija? Senate should go back to the drawing board cos Nigeria will continue on the same part of self destruction if electoral laws are not re written.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by lildush(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Racoon, make we reason am. Suppose Peter Obi won 25% in all the states , but only got 5% in Abuja, does that mean that Obi cannot be President of Nigeria?

Abuja ruling was always going to be problematic. If we took Obi and Atiku's argument, we would have ended up with a situation where the votes of the FCT were more than votes of everyone else.

Everything else was fightable...not the FCT one.

and besides that's wat the constitution says. A candidate must win 25% in the fct. Have we discarded our constitution or what? Am not understanding... Any way this country mata don Taya me . Let Dem do wat Eva they want. I don't care. I will Neva vote again.. infact am not a Nigerian anymore...
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Jayden001(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Racoon, make we reason am. Suppose Peter Obi won 25% in all the states , but only got 5% in Abuja, does that mean that Obi cannot be President of Nigeria?

Abuja ruling was always going to be problematic. If we took Obi and Atiku's .argument, we would have ended up with a situation where the votes of the FCT were more than votes of everyone else.

Everything else was fightable...not the FCT one.

Abuja people are given preferential treatment because the president also doubles as the "governor" of Abuja. If Abuja is considered the same as other states then they should be allowed to elect their own governor, generate and use their IGR, have their own allocation.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Jayden001(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Are you saying Abuja residents are better off than people residing in other states? Does it mean a begger is better off than a Professor in UNN? Use your head oga
So why are they not allowed to have elect their own governor?? The president is the one overseeing whatever that is happening in Abuja. So, tell me if anyone that didn't get 25% of valid vote cast be the governor of any state
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Blazebond(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
OGBU,it is all over,fct 25% argument is over,now they will all go full blown Biafra ,dem.go begin sing nnamdi kanu and thet shit for Finland name.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,mumu people.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by nairalanda1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
lildush:

and besides that's wat the constitution says. A candidate must win 25% in the fct. Have we discarded our constitution or what? Am not understanding... Any way this country mata don Taya me . Let Dem do wat Eva they want. I don't care. I will Neva vote again.. infact am not a Nigerian anymore...

Consider people like me who have never voted for the major parties since 2003, and has always been dissatisfied with how dey do?

At the end, am still a a Nigerian. God knows that it would please me if we voted out PDP and APC and LP and kwankwaso last election, and brought in new people to run the show.

But at the end,most Nigerians want what they want

Tinubu should have beenkicked out, but is it Atiku that would change Nigeria? Or Obi that did not.change Anambra go change Nigeria? ( As for tinubu, Lagos is still the same mess it was before he took over, so no hope there)

Anyway,I no understand Nigerians. But until I am ready to get up and campaign for real change, it is the same.old, same old
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by omooba74(m): 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
We did tell them but their kindergarten reasonings coupled with their hatred for PBAT made them a laughing stock. How can reasonable beings think Abuja residents have more rights than other Nigerians? Common sense not common at all... grin grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by famology(m): 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lol 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 they've scammed obingo
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by crossbreedwears(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Your question is not related to the headline. My point is, we all have equal votes.
Jayden001:

So why are they not allowed to have elect their own governor?? The president is the one overseeing whatever that is happening in Abuja. So, tell me if anyone that didn't get 25% of valid vote cast be the governor of any state
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by nairalanda1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Jayden001:

Abuja people are given preferential treatment because the president also doubles as the "governor" of Abuja. If Abuja is considered the same as other states then they should be allowed to elect their own governor, generate and use their IGR, have their own allocation.

There is nowhere in the constitution that says the President is governor of Abuja or that Abuja is special

The phrase 'and Abuja ' was brought in because Abuja is not a state per se, it is a federal capital Territory. A special administrative area ( A similar thing exists in the USA, Washington DC is a special territory on its own, not a state, although there is a campaign to make it a state.)

If the court had ruled Abuja is special, tinubu would habe been kicked out at the expense of the votes of millions of Nigeria.

Of the seven points, this one had no merit. Especially since the court quoted a previous ruling that stated that the fct is to be treated as a state
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by maticar: 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2023
spiSeyi:
Justice Okoro Thank God it's not Justice Ariwoola that said this, BAT knew that PO lacks the political acumen and structures to win the national election when he was saying since the 1ST day that LP would labor in vain grin
We told them to move on but they refused, dog wey go lost no go hear the hunter whistle grin grin . Let this enter your skulls in case you might want to raise any false hope in the future "No court can unseat any Nigerian President after being sworn in as a president", once INEC declares you as the presidential election winner in Nigeria nothing can unseat you except death cool
In your small bigoted mind you must think he is igbo..
Go and educate yourself and leave bigotry
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Shikena(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
grin grin How do you expect kpako heads to listen? The fundamental essence of the constitutional provisions was clearly explained to them here on Nairaland by several people but some emotional charge and bail baby lawyers here were deceiving them with easily flawed logic that considers a part and not the whole.

The supreme court has spoken and no deviation at all from the expectation of anyone with sound education, sound reasoning, clear judgment and objectivity.

seunmsg:
We told them severally but they never listened. It's good that Supreme Court is now hitting their coconut head with 2x2 plank grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Emola12(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
you are right
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Shikena(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2023
This is now a dead and buried issue dude.

Jayden001:

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by gracemelody: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XazEqctk8Io
I WILL BE GREAT IN THESE LIFE
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by bong4(m): 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Angel55555:
Abuja is a normal state, it has no special status when it comes to constitutional matters. The golden rule of interpretation was clearly used.

....and I hope when there is an advocacy for Abuja State, there will not be any objection.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by bong4(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
Shikena:
This is now a dead and buried issue dude.

You really think so......
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by LockDown69(m): 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
crossbreedwears:
You don't have single sense after all the whole explanation about equal 25% votes in Abuja.
sticks and stones dude, you can rain curses on me till kingdom come. nah thesame country we still dey. grin
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Dot101: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

Nigeria is a useless state ( so shall it be for u)
It will continue to be a failed state forever( I decree it for you and ur household) So shall it be IJN.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Shikena(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
Absolutely. The question is if you understand the basics of the legal system? Do you understand the legal implication of a supreme court ruling?

bong4:

You really think so......
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by itsene: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
lildush:

You are not paying attention. The justices said that is NOT what the constitution SAYS.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by loswhite(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
StreetFight:

You are right my Nigga, but the INEC act can be modified before the next election.
No need to modify it. They should continue with sham election. Infact there is no need for election, they should appoint themselves.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by loswhite(m): 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
nony43:
I will see how they do in 2027 election.
They will carry their guns to.the street amd ensure opposition will not vote and the military and police will be drinking beer by the side with bag of cash

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Shikena(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
To those cursing Nigeria in their current state of pain and confusion due to some people manipulating their ignorance, back to sender is real oh & terrible when sent to a crowd. Ask your papa and mama at home, it's an ancient knowledge grin

Just calm down, get some sleep. Wake up, pray to your maker your own way for your own good. O pari.

For this Atikulate and Obidient tom and jerrying matter, just know say.... otilo!
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by 8stargeneral: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
Nigeria is gone for ever
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by rezky(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

...either you don't reside in Nigeria or not, as long as you wish she remain a failed state., it definitely affect you and your family directly or indirectly...it's not a curse ma'am.
If heaven go fall no be onto one person., na everybody go suffer am.

How we let our emotions get the best of us most times still baffles me...

Because the court decision didn't favor your candidate doesn't mean we should wish the country bad or not to be rosy.

In life we win some and lose some...you can't have it all.
As far as i am concern all the party and candidates involve this case are all the same, no saint or messiah among them all.

I don't vote neither do i support any party candidate....personally dem no know you; dem no know me...so, why have hypertension over politicians?

Don't let your emotions becloud your sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by GoodofNaija: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tareq1105:

Logically, does 25% FCT residents make sense to you in a country where the constitution says all are equal before the Law.

Why should FCT residents be more Nigerians than those Nigerians in Gombe Yobe Osun Akwa Ibom Delta Bauchi Kebbi states? Where's the Equality in the constitution?

The drafters of the constitution did not make FCT residents special Nigerians.

Except if you want all Nigerians to transfer their PVC to FCT in 2027 and see if Abuja INEC would be able to handle it.
So why did they put the 25% clause if it not compulsory?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Bluntemperor: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.
While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

Is that your Interpretation of the Law?
I evered that what the Lead Justice is saying is this:
Collation of IREV Figures should tally with those one written on the Electoral Sheet, afterall somebody punched it inside the computer,but if however that one fails,then we can still go for those items collated and duly signed figures on the INEC Sheet and by INEC Officials,as agreed by all parties,which makes it more uttentic - We should rely more on Human Assets,unless there is apparent Collusion.
β€’Law and Facts Rules Not Social Media Fan Base rants!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NANS Shuts MTN Kaduna, Benue Offices Over Xenophobia Attack In South Africa / EFCC: Falana Refutes Receiving N28m From Magu, Threatens Lawsuit / Muhammed Danasabe Slumps, Dies, Hours To Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.