Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido (901 Views)

O2 Concert: Davido Goes On Shopping Spree, Shows Off Long List Of Bills He Paid / My Money Is Showing On My Beautiful Wife - Rotimi Salami Says / Larry Gaga Grabs Ini Edo And Uche Jumbo With His Two Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Dreyxam: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Abu Salami, the businessman, who recently called out Nigerian singer, Davido, for failing to fulfill his ₦218 million contract obligation, has further disclosed that he paid a sum of ₦5 million to Larry Gaga, who's also a recording artiste, to meet with the Unavailable lyricist.

In an exclusive interview he had with AfroWorldNews, the Abu Salami Media founder, stated that he agreed to pay Larry Gaga the ₦5 million he requested, as he couldn't secure an agreement with Davido's sister, whom he earlier met.

''I won a contract of $500,000 USD for my company. It was for a football show, which I have been doing for six years. When I was negotiating with the company that came with the funds, part of the promises I made was that I would get Davido on board as our ambassador. They told me I would have to negotiate with Davido myself, which I went ahead to do.

''I contacted his friends, and people close to him to get his attention. I eventually got to his sister, whom I negotiated with at the time. What she wanted then was ₦200 million naira upfront payment, and 35% of my company because they believed I would be making quite a lot of money, which was true. But I didn't have the requested ₦200 million,'' Salami told AfroWorldNews.

''The company that gave me the contract was only going to make part payment first to me, and it was ₦167 million.

''So, I eventually met Larry Gaga, who's a renowned person in the industry as well. Larry Gaga charged me ₦5 million to take me to Davido, which I agreed to. He took me to Davido's place, and the day we met, we spoke and had an agreement. We shook hands, took a picture together as well, and he asked for a deposit to make. I told him yes, and he then asked me to go and make the deposit in the bank with one of his aides by the name, Lati. 40 minutes after meeting Davido, I transferred ₦100 million to him.

''Two days later, I sent the contract to Davido to sign, and he said he was going to share it with his lawyers. So, I waited. I reached out to him a week later to ask about the contract, and he said his lawyers were at it. He further stated that he wasn't going to sign the contract until the money agreed was fully paid. The money to balance him was N76 million. Then we agreed that I would be paying him N15 million on a monthly basis. I was keeping up with the payment for the first two months.

''The third month I asked for his availability to shoot a commercial for the show. But on the first day of the shoot, Davido didn't turn up even after I had rented N8 million worth of equipment. He said he had a flight to catch, so I lost my ₦8 million. I didn't complain, I kept on working with him. When he got back, I reached out and said we were going to set up for the shoot again, and he said fine. David said he couldn't make it to the stadium, and I lost ₦9 million that day. So I called Larry Gaga I couldn't continue to live like that. He promised to talk to him.

''I now decided to shoot bigger stuff this time around, with presenters and big generators at the stadium. Davido called me while I was there that he couldn't make it to the stadium and that I had to come to his house and shoot it in his garden. I protested against it, and he said it's either I do that, or I forget about it, as he was travelling that night. We took all the equipment and ran there, Obviously, they were too big for a garden, we couldn't use them. We lost the money, but we managed to shoot that day.

''After editing it, I called Davido that he needed to come and do sound, and he said, I needed to make another payment. I then told him that I had given him N130 million already, and I couldn't give him more until we had some content to show the sponsors. He now said if I don't have any money to give him he wasn't going to do anything. I begged him for a month and a half to get the sound from Davido.

''I paid another ₦15 million and told Davido we wanted to do a press conference. He then said he didn't know that was part of the package, and I needed to pay another N30 million. To cut a long story short, a day before the press conference, his son died, which stopped the project for six months. When he came back and started doing things, I reached out to him again, and he asked for money to kick off. So, I paid him another ₦15 million.

''We eventually agreed on another day for the press conference, and I have been in his house for three days, making sure he will be available. A day before the press conference, Davido sent me a message that he would not be available because he wanted to take his wife to dinner. At that point, I lost my mind. I went and did the press conference myself, and when I got back, I went to see him, and he was angry that I went ahead, trashing the N10 million I spent on it.''

Salami further revealed that Davido threatened him, and said he would show him that he's bigger than him in the industry.

When asked about Larry Gaga's role in ensuring that Davido fulfilled his obligation of their agreement, Salami stated, ''I can't lie, he tried his best to get Davido to do the right thing. He even spoke with him in my presence, but the person I was dealing with was just who he is.''

cc lalasticlala

Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Wujio: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
Africans. Make name and ruin people.

Look at how Tupac died like ordinary catfish.

The idea that being a big name means utmost invincibility had led to the untimely death of so many.

If you get big, allow others be if you know your alignment with them would make them bigger than you met them and you wouldnt stomach that.

In the end, a thief is a thief !

2 Likes

Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Ahmed0336(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Omo!!!! David be plenty things sha....
Tufiakwa!!!!!!
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Boogyman557: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
cc
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by duduade: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
This other part of Davido just goes to show that humans aren't perfect at alllll ooo

He has his good side

His third leg dey don hin own work by chucking upandan randomly

This other side of not keeping to agreements
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Dreyxam:
Abu Salami, the businessman, who recently called out Nigerian singer, Davido, for failing to fulfill his ₦218 million contract obligation, has further disclosed that he paid a sum of ₦5 million to Larry Gaga, who's also a recording artiste, to meet with the Unavailable lyricist.

In an exclusive interview he had with AfroWorldNews, the Abu Salami Media founder, stated that he agreed to pay Larry Gaga the ₦5 million he requested, as he couldn't secure an agreement with Davido's sister, whom he earlier met.

''I won a contract of $500,000 USD for my company. It was for a football show, which I have been doing for six years. When I was negotiating with the company that came with the funds, part of the promises I made was that I would get Davido on board as our ambassador. They told me I would have to negotiate with Davido myself, which I went ahead to do.

''I contacted his friends, and people close to him to get his attention. I eventually got to his sister, whom I negotiated with at the time. What she wanted then was ₦200 million naira upfront payment, and 35% of my company because they believed I would be making quite a lot of money, which was true. But I didn't have the requested ₦200 million,'' Salami told AfroWorldNews.

''The company that gave me the contract was only going to make part payment first to me, and it was ₦167 million.

''So, I eventually met Larry Gaga, who's a renowned person in the industry as well. Larry Gaga charged me ₦5 million to take me to Davido, which I agreed to. He took me to Davido's place, and the day we met, we spoke and had an agreement. We shook hands, took a picture together as well, and he asked for a deposit to make. I told him yes, and he then asked me to go and make the deposit in the bank with one of his aides by the name, Lati. 40 minutes after meeting Davido, I transferred ₦100 million to him.

''Two days later, I sent the contract to Davido to sign, and he said he was going to share it with his lawyers. So, I waited. I reached out to him a week later to ask about the contract, and he said his lawyers were at it. He further stated that he wasn't going to sign the contract until the money agreed was fully paid. The money to balance him was N76 million. Then we agreed that I would be paying him N15 million on a monthly basis. I was keeping up with the payment for the first two months.

''The third month I asked for his availability to shoot a commercial for the show. But on the first day of the shoot, Davido didn't turn up even after I had rented N8 million worth of equipment. He said he had a flight to catch, so I lost my ₦8 million. I didn't complain, I kept on working with him. When he got back, I reached out and said we were going to set up for the shoot again, and he said fine. David said he couldn't make it to the stadium, and I lost ₦9 million that day. So I called Larry Gaga I couldn't continue to live like that. He promised to talk to him.

''I now decided to shoot bigger stuff this time around, with presenters and big generators at the stadium. Davido called me while I was there that he couldn't make it to the stadium and that I had to come to his house and shoot it in his garden. I protested against it, and he said it's either I do that, or I forget about it, as he was travelling that night. We took all the equipment and ran there, Obviously, they were too big for a garden, we couldn't use them. We lost the money, but we managed to shoot that day.

''After editing it, I called Davido that he needed to come and do sound, and he said, I needed to make another payment. I then told him that I had given him N130 million already, and I couldn't give him more until we had some content to show the sponsors. He now said if I don't have any money to give him he wasn't going to do anything. I begged him for a month and a half to get the sound from Davido.

''I paid another ₦15 million and told Davido we wanted to do a press conference. He then said he didn't know that was part of the package, and I needed to pay another N30 million. To cut a long story short, a day before the press conference, his son died, which stopped the project for six months. When he came back and started doing things, I reached out to him again, and he asked for money to kick off. So, I paid him another ₦15 million.

''We eventually agreed on another day for the press conference, and I have been in his house for three days, making sure he will be available. A day before the press conference, Davido sent me a message that he would not be available because he wanted to take his wife to dinner. At that point, I lost my mind. I went and did the press conference myself, and when I got back, I went to see him, and he was angry that I went ahead, trashing the N10 million I spent on it.''

Salami further revealed that Davido threatened him, and said he would show him that he's bigger than him in the industry.

When asked about Larry Gaga's role in ensuring that Davido fulfilled his obligation of their agreement, Salami stated, ''I can't lie, he tried his best to get Davido to do the right thing. He even spoke with him in my presence, but the person I was dealing with was just who he is.''

Wetin him wan help u sell gaan?
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by benuejosh: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
It ia becoming too announced that Davido is not honouring contracts. This is so bad for his brand. And then going ahead to threaten people again? Pride goeth before a fall.

This is bad.

3 Likes

Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Mryacks: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
See how choatic and stressing and even mentally draining for one human being to reach another all in the name of superstar. If it's all true, I really feel for the said business man.

He woulda just try to get the next level a - Lister to do the project with instead of literally begging for Davido.
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Gadafii: 2:18am On Oct 27, 2023
From amaju pinnick to Abu salami, Davido the real owe owe 1😂😂

Onigbese Dey use giveaway Corrupt people online to turn blind eyes to his negative lifestyle, they praised him for impregnating other girls while he was still married to one😒

They defended him for swindling amaju pinnick, they re already defending him on this Abu salami case

Some of the things out Nigerian supposed celebrities do and get away with here, they dare not do half of that in the US, they may catch some steels

We rise by lifting others dey owe gbese 😂😭

3 Likes

Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Bankowner: 3:38am On Oct 27, 2023
Is Davido that broke to keep asking for money and more money?

And the sister asking for 35% stake in someone else's business because her brother is needed to do something he's going to get paid for. What is that?

3 Likes

Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by TheKingsmann(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2023
This turtle Ninja guy with frog voice is doing too much, some years back he owed a unilag student 1 million naira and refused to pay the boy his money even after constant begging.

He bought something from the guy and he refused to pay him for almost a year or more, this is more than wickedness, that guy was only hustling for his daily bread. Davido won't try such nonsense in sane climes if not the law will deal with him unlike this lawless country that rich people can commit crimes and go Scott free.
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by DonNeon: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2023
Hmm.....Deal gone wrong....O.B.O should have honoured the agreement now
Re: Abu Salami Says He Paid ₦5m To Larry Gaga To See Davido by Kachidubem: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2023
Bankowner:
Is Davido that broke to keep asking for money and more money?

And the sister asking for 35% stake in someone else's business because her brother is needed to do something he's going to get paid for. What is that?
I tire o

Shey be , the oda day he said he was paid One billion naira for a show in Australia

Abi , all these money na audio ni

(1) (Reply)

First Miss Nigeria Celebrates 93rd Birthday(photo) / See Fans Reactions After Tiwa Savage Was Spotted With Wizkid On A Dinner / My Birthday On A Resurrection Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.