Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense (15605 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by CaptainFM1: 5:07am On Oct 27, 2023
When I see these kind of post, I just know that agents of division is at work. You would think they want us to use the statistics to achieve any meaning purpose other than to polarize us further.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Nice2023(m): 5:20am On Oct 27, 2023
teejoyz:

[color=#000099][/color]
Can you imagine 60% import go to SE and you will be crying that dollar will soon reach 2k mainwhile you are the architect of naira depreciate.

It is not even 60% but 65%.

I didn't say it but only reiterated what has been said...below is the federal officials who said so.

Igbos are not playing and that is the fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Nice2023(m): 5:23am On Oct 27, 2023
Raf4:

Can you provide the evidence to show igbos pay the highest tax in Nigeria?
You said 60% of imports goes to onitsha and aba, how come onitsha and aba aren't generating 60% of VAT in Nigeria? Abi na akpu and ugwu them they import to onitsha/aba ni?

We don't need to argue man,below is where it is said.

U can Google without being sentimental. We are here to learn from each other.

It is good to base our argument with evidence and fact as educated people we are.

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Irony1: 5:33am On Oct 27, 2023
Makunahatata:
blablabla... Even ur idiot and your siblings were born and raised by ur destitute parents in the SW... 😂

Well bros I understand that your mother abandoned you in a brothel that is why you were raised by scum and destitute, but that shouldn't be the reason for projecting your trauma on others. Just go for psychological counselling and healing.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Irony1: 5:34am On Oct 27, 2023
Raf4:

You're too daft for this discussion.
You're claiming that 60% of the whole of Nigeria's importation goes to aba/onitsha and yet it doesn't reflect on on your IGR (you have the worst in the South and 4th out of 6 nationwide) and doesn't reflect on your contributions to the federation purse (you're the poorest in the South and one of the least nationwide). Does that mean you're only importing non taxable household consumables (not for production or distribution? No raw materials, no semi finished items, no CKD, no machinery spare parts, no industrial consumables and equipment?) Just akpu, ugwu, ofe nsala, okpa etc that you're importing in the SE?

Your epistle just shows clearly that you don't have sense. You showed your ignorance more with that epistle, bros have small shame and shut up because once again you don't have sense.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Ade3131: 5:38am On Oct 27, 2023
thatigboman:
narrative twisters. Performing your pay per post function. Do u even know that "yoruba" was coined by fulanis? U used to have egba of egba, ijebu if ijebu etc until fulani combined all of u those that have not killed yet west of the Atlantic ocean and named you people "yo-ro-ba" thst turned to the modern day yoruba. In 19th century when dahomey amazons (women) were murdering your late grandparents like chickens, you known as oyo then (and they decimated you to pieces let no bone remain and you ran and hid yourselves and families and none the area abeokuta today (meaning people hiding under a rock

I guess you know that while my ancestors were busy fighting to hold their own, yours were being enslaved by the present day South-south region. Go read your history books.

Dahomey wars like every other inter-tribal wars were lost and won at different times but while my own forefathers were defending their lands, yours were being traded off like baboons among the Ogogoro drinking sapele warriors.

Yoruba is one tribe you wish to be but nature already destined you for where you came from.

I don't like doing this tribal thing but you deserve to be served your own coin. Grow up son!

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by AareGaa: 5:42am On Oct 27, 2023
Solsix:
Lagos helping southwest like never before

Lagos was not part of South west during the days of regionalism, despite, South West was the richest in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by AareGaa: 5:54am On Oct 27, 2023
Nice2023:

They pay the highest tax in this country.

Ask ur parent to show u their tax clearance which I am sure they don't have but that illiterate igbo guy out there has numerous tax clearance certificates which shows that,they are the reasons why Nigeria is still viable.

60% of all imports goes to the south east that is Onitsha and Aba.

Next time talk with facts...in this country,with ur so called imaginary igr,the igbos live better and a better living condition than the entire western region.

Dey fool yourself and your illiterate blodas.
Dangote use port more than all ibo petty businesses put together.

Ibo land is cursed. Go back to your region and stop disturbing our land.

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 6:02am On Oct 27, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
You can say that to your papa again and again!

Kikikikiiki. The thing pain Emeka

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 6:04am On Oct 27, 2023
Emetex22:

Soon as they shout Biafra, ur prick go rise, no be juju be that, what a quagmire, all their Towns are ahead of SW, ahead in human developmental index, academics, commerce etc, IGR stats that cannot rescue u as poverty capital of thr world, tufia

See as this Okoro dey wail. The thing really pain you grin

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 6:05am On Oct 27, 2023
chuksbobby12:

So why have you refused to let southeast go?

Cause they are nobody. We want them to forcefully leave. Make we treat them like Hamas. We go just level that their tiny and underdeveloped Region. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by AareGaa: 6:36am On Oct 27, 2023
NSK4U:

What do you expect?

When you are begging for one Nigeria, were you expecting my people to leave your region while you litter your own people around our oil companies and be answering Otedola's and co from our resources? Since you feel you can feed yourself, why not support Igboho and the few brothers you have who are feeling that you can do it alone?
Watch the Igbos whenever they come out in solidarity for Biafran restoration, you don't need a prophet to tell you that's where the mind of an average Igbo man is. The same thing applies to the Hausaa. Reason is because they are convinced that they have the strength to feed themselves without other regions, can you say that about Yorubas?

Ibo land is barren.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Alabaintprice(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2023
It beats my imagination how all of a sudden SE automatically becomes the only geographical zone in Nigeria.

Small but mighty. Squeezing there balls without regret.

I'm not here telling you to remove anything from anywhere but accord other states same treatment given to Lagos.

Make sea ports available to all states that has access to the sea.

Clearing of containers fee should be the same with every state that has access to the sea. Not making Lagos cheaper then making onne port expensive there by forcing people to go down to Lagos. We know all these things and how they raise there IGR but they won't say this. We move

Price for International flights from other states and Lagos should be made the same not making Lagos cheaper then other states more expensive so that people can go down to Lagos to travel internationally. One reason why Lagos generates IGR but they dare not to mention these.

I'll stop here for now.

As always I'll welcome the Wailers to come here and counter what I said, but I said what I said.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by PHAYOL81: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2023
NSK4U:

Those who have little knowledge of history will come and be trying to say what they don't know.
It's shameful that Lagos is even compared to any state in Nigeria in terms of development. It simply shows how retrogressive and stagnated the state has been since the end of the colonial government.
Lagos was not just a capital Territory, it was once a crown colony, go and check her mates of that period and tell me whether there is anything you can be proud of in Lagos

AND that's all thanks to the FG, their unstable policies, the military brouhaha inbetween, the neglect and retrogression of the infrastructures because another CAPITAL HAD BEEN DESIGNED and need funding (a process which started with SHAGARI in the mid 70), and many more, THAT BY THE TIME WE ARE GETTING INTO THE THIRD REPUBLIC, MANY OF THE STATE INFRASTRUCTURE HAD DETERIORATED AND FDI DEPLETED.
THANK GOD THE FOURTH REPUBLIC GAVE US TINUBU who with others after him are regoriously revamping the infrastructures, the heritage, the iconic structures and the financial strenght. FDI is improving again
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Alabaintprice(m): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Cause they are nobody. We want them to forcefully leave. Make we treat them like Hamas. We go just level that their tiny and underdeveloped Region. grin grin grin

You raise highest IGR, we know how.

Individually you don't have wealth to be comfortable.

It's not about paying tax or levies. IGR doesn't mean Individual wealth. It only tells you how they generate wealth from the state which is multiple taxation at different level.

Those who are been taxed, what is there living condition compared to the SE.

A topic for another day.

SW has IGR (GOVERNMENT MONEY THROUGH MULTIPLE TAXATION LEVEL)
SE has Individual wealth.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Basic123: 7:02am On Oct 27, 2023
3seriez:
That South West, Just say Lagos.
THAT miserable southeast,just say Anambra
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Basic123: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2023
aniblue:
This statistics is irrelevant.
How do faac gets the money they share every year if not from oil from the south south?

Let's go on true federalism and see the zone that will do better

Its no longer majorly from Oil!
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Makunahatata: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Irony1:

Well bros I understand that your mother abandoned you in a brothel that is why you were raised by scum and destitute, but that shouldn't be the reason for projecting your trauma on others. Just go for psychological counselling and healing.
mtcheww... Dry
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Makunahatata: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2023
NSK4U:

Na because say you dey steal our oil to feed yourself and children. You are lazy to work without thinking about our oil
😂😂😂 this ppl and comedy... Typical dem, truly an average person frm dat side like intelligence.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by brio1408: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2023
That 60% import is what is killing the economy.
Nice2023:

They pay the highest tax in this country.

Ask ur parent to show u their tax clearance which I am sure they don't have but that illiterate igbo guy out there has numerous tax clearance certificates which shows that,they are the reasons why Nigeria is still viable.

60% of all imports goes to the south east that is Onitsha and Aba.

Next time talk with facts...in this country,with ur so called imaginary igr,the igbos live better and a better living condition than the entire western region.

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by fawaz050(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2023
grin
AriyaTV:

Hon. Fawaz......Na una teach us na.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Goldymafia: 8:02am On Oct 27, 2023
[quote author=tollyboy5 post=126635373]
The SS get huge FAAC allocation from federal government which they ought to have finance capital project that will make them get more revenue compared to FAAC but nope!
Na to share more among militants. [/
quote] but na them dey produce the highest for the federation....they are repping their sweat...they carry the burden of other region
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by PHAYOL81: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2023
Alabaintprice:
It beats my imagination how all of a sudden SE automatically becomes the only geographical zone in Nigeria.

Small but mighty. Squeezing there balls without regret.

I'm not here telling you to remove anything from anywhere but accord other states same treatment given to Lagos.

Make sea ports available to all states that has access to the sea.

Clearing of containers fee should be the same with every state that has access to the sea. Not making Lagos cheaper then making onne port expensive there by forcing people to go down to Lagos. We know all these things and how they raise there IGR but they won't say this. We move

Price for International flights from other states and Lagos should be made the same not making Lagos cheaper then other states more expensive so that people can go down to Lagos to travel internationally. One reason why Lagos generates IGR but they dare not to mention these.

I'll stop here for now.

As always I'll welcome the Wailers to come here and counter what I said, but I said what I said.

SAME thing you guys said about AIRPORT until you started building and they underperformed. Like LEKKI, AKWA IBOM had gotten approval to build SEAPORT too and I am wondering why you don't call out the governor for not making it a reality. OH, I forgot, the blame must be placed on LAGOS and FG. IF FG don't build for others, they're wicked as if FG build APAPA and the new LEKKI port.
Thank GOD Otti has decided to build one for you guys, let's see how it goes. BUT if you're expecting FG to build for you, you're just fixing yourself for disappointment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by ramon212: 8:20am On Oct 27, 2023
shortIGBOman:
IGBO Land (South East) contribute ZERO to the Economy. They are the only parasite Region in Nigeria.
then why don't you let them go?
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by 7lives: 8:28am On Oct 27, 2023
obi58:

Since SW is so adept at generating IGR, let's remove their FAAC allocation and share it among the other geopolitical zones of the country.

Win-win situation if you ask me....

This is not a problem, just tell the Nigerian government to return the the Tin can and Apapa port back to the SW.

2 Likes

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by 7lives: 8:31am On Oct 27, 2023
Ykc2:
the only saviour for South west is northern nigeria are not connected to the Atlantic ocean by now una mouth for don close because the way northerners moved capital from lagos to Abuja is the same way they will allocate few ships to lagos port,let me say it again before you start comparing SE with SW first of all one South east state must be capital of Nigeria for 40 or 50 years the same way lagos enjoyed after that we can start to compete, you asked 3 marathon runners to run from lagos to Benin you kept one runner at ORE one at shagamu one ojota and your looking among the 3 runners who will get to Benin first you must be high on colos

SW was buoyant even before independence, SW even borrowed FG 5 million pounds or have you not heard?.

2 Likes

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Emetex22(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2023
shortIGBOman:

See as this Okoro dey wail. The thing really pain you grin
Igbos have gone through fire and brimstone, they are totally immune to economic hardship and can always navigate their way around, cry for yourself and don't worry about us
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by obi58: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2023
7lives:

This is not a problem, just tell the Nigerian government to return the the Tin can and Apapa port back to the SW.

Noooo that was built with federal allocations so revenue from such should still accrue to the FG.

State should go and create their own port and generate their own revenue from there.

Shikena
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by 7lives: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2023
Makunahatata:
let's start frm your family, tell us how many of your ppl are currently in the SW.... Your time starts now😂

Chai.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by 7lives: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Before Nigeria,SW was the most progressive,at the inception of Nigeria and later years,SW was the most progressive and in recent time,SW still is the most progressive and will continue to be the most progressive because of its progressive and industrious people.
If it were not for the burden of Nigeria,SW would have been better than some Western nations.

C'est fini.

1 Like

Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by OVB123: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2023
jamesversion:

Are you sure if you remove Lagos that the SW has the highest IGR. Do you have figures to back your claims?
If you remove lagos, south south will carry the day.
Re: How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense by Raf4: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2023
Irony1:

Your epistle just shows clearly that you don't have sense. You showed your ignorance more with that epistle, bros have small shame and shut up because once again you don't have sense.

Just tell us the kind of voodoo economy u practice in alaigbo in which 60% of nations imports u claimed cannot be felt at any point. Don't forget that Lagos and Rivers States, part of 31 states and fct, that share the remaining "40%" contributes about 60% of VAT and also generate the highest IGR.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Woos Foreign Investment Partners For Lagos Light Rail Project / Baraje Resigns As Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation - / EFCC Arrests Justice Ajumogobia's Brother Who Wired $150,000 Into Her Account

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.