Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Do You Guys Experience This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Guys Experience This? (682 Views)

Funny Guys Experience When Expecting A New Girl In The Uni. / What Other Nairaland Guys Experience This? (photos) / Have You Experience This Before (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Guys Experience This? by zanshi: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
So i have been willing to write on my experience with what i noticed when walking past the opposite sex on a pedestrian walk way. So i live in Lagos, and on the mainland to be precise, compared to other city centers outside of Lagos i have been to Okada's has been much of a useful mode of getting from point A to point B. But ever since the Government in power phased out Okada's from our city centers, most of the time in other to get to a supermarket or somewhere random, you are forced to take a walk, even when Keke-Maruwa passes you by there may not be going to your location or in some cases they may full or outrightly choose to drive past you.

So here is my dilemma, there are lots of middle class folks who reside in my city but i notice that anytime you walk past a lady she tends to hold her bag tight or switches it from the left hand side to the right hand side, even when they are on the phone and they see you walking past them they would literally switch it from both hands like they they see you as someone who wants to grab their phones off their hands and bolt off. I dress very well myself and use a flagship Google pixel so this isn't a case of maybe i look like some type of destitute who they should run away from or something. Even walking behind them gets me uncomfortable as i just want to walk past them to show that i mean no threat in anyway.

I know the world today isn't particularly safe for everyone both men and women as i have experienced cases of robberies of all sorts and i can tell you authouritativly that isn't pretty. But showing a case of outright fear in broad day light when people are very much around when someone walks past is somewhat insulting when such persons clearly shows no threat in anyway shape or form.

But what do you guys think?
Re: Do You Guys Experience This? by YoshihideSuga: 1:21am On Jan 16
zanshi:
So i have been willing to write on my experience with what i noticed when walking past the opposite sex on a pedestrian walk way. So i live in Lagos, and on the mainland to be precise, compared to other city centers outside of Lagos i have been to Okada's has been much of a useful mode of getting from point A to point B. But ever since the Government in power phased out Okada's from our city centers, most of the time in other to get to a supermarket or somewhere random, you are forced to take a walk, even when Keke-Maruwa passes you by there may not be going to your location or in some cases they may full or outrightly choose to drive past you.

So here is my dilemma, there are lots of middle class folks who reside in my city but i notice that anytime you walk past a lady she tends to hold her bag tight or switches it from the left hand side to the right hand side, even when they are on the phone and they see you walking past them they would literally switch it from both hands like they they see you as someone who wants to grab their phones off their hands and bolt off. I dress very well myself and use a flagship Google pixel so this isn't a case of maybe i look like some type of destitute who they should run away from or something. Even walking behind them gets me uncomfortable as i just want to walk past them to show that i mean no threat in anyway.

I know the world today isn't particularly safe for everyone both men and women as i have experienced cases of robberies of all sorts and i can tell you authouritativly that isn't pretty. But showing a case of outright fear in broad day light when people are very much around when someone walks past is somewhat insulting when such persons clearly shows no threat in anyway shape or form.

Such is life. Like the italicised part said, they must have experienced or read or witnessed such happened. Those are the results of low trust societies. In the abroad, especially in places with few black people, the natives behave the same way when they come across black people. They change positions of their valuables or suspend what they are doing until you as the black person leaves.

Life isn't fair, man.

1 Like

Re: Do You Guys Experience This? by id4sho(m): 8:27am On Mar 18
zanshi:

Natural Anti theft instinct. I've personally done this and it's saved me from some cultist robbers in Minna. This boys chased me, I didn't know I could run cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be Sincere, What Is Your Current Relationship Status? / What all women are Looooking for!! / Can Some Asist Me Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.