Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 (50036 Views)

My 43yrs Old Uncle Is Rich But Still Single / He Is 35 And Still Single / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by sheriffindy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
As long as she doesn´t blame men for her single status till God knows when.
Ensa777:
It is only when you are in marriage that you notice it's much more work than being single.

I dey like live my life on my terms but marriage has and is still bending me. angry My partner dey hear am too.
Sometimes when I watch those dancing on Saturdays to officially enter it,I just dey SMH.

If not for home training ,I just want to have 2 kids and travel the world without someone always asking me"What of the kids?" Each time I pack for a conference or training or telling me "we need to try for a girl."cool
I want to spend time conducting researches.
I want to make money and be a great aunt!
To read again the way I used to.The way I used to be in solitude and immerse myself in books.Chai!
Nigerian men are stressful grin,they will find a way to gaslight you even when they are seeing pepper in their own grin

Jewessgratitude,I hope you live your happiness,whether married or not.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Farfalla(f): 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

God bless you. How can I give this comment a thousand likes.

Majority here are very narrow minded people. They come here every day looking to see if there's anyone they are better than. That is why any slight opportunity they get to hear others predicament they jump at it and begin to spew trash without even understanding the reason or idea behind the post. They don't care, they just want to massage their bruised ego and feel good about their miserable selves.

Why they think their lifes experience should be a standard for everyone is what I don't get and
Some bulshit about being lonely in old age is one of the dumbest assertions many of them have ever made in this forum. Ok, How many of them are with their aged parent or parents now? Since children make old age less lonely..

Some of the who lost a parent, Is the other parent still not going to wallow in loneliness? Very dumb way of reasoning.

Just live your life Jewess taking a day at a time.
If you meet a man you like, give him a chance.
If you don't meet one, let whatever happen, happen.

Nothing is guaranteed in this life. Only death.

You may get married and live a life of joy and happiness as a family woman, with a supportive husband with whom you'll share life's ups and downs.

Or, you may find yourself happily married for 11 years, only for your spouse to serve you breakfast in the 12th year of what you thought was a happy union.

Or, you may find yourself in an aloof marriage, where nothing your spouse does or fails to do bothers you because you never had any connection from the onset.

Or, you may end up suffering and smiling during the most part of your marriage, then wait for "omugwo" to disappear to the US forever leaving your spouse back in the motherland. grin

Or, you may end up just being in your marriage for the sake of your kids -- you hate/despise their father, but they love him, so for their sake you stay to create a semblance of "stability".

Same with being single. It doesn't guarantee anything either, except that you'll not have to worry about contracting HIV and other STDs if you are strict about abstaining from sex. You may even be happier than some married folks, or the opposite could be the case.
Yes, you may end up being lonely in old age, but then again, you may also end up being surrounded by other old people, or young relatives that you mentor, or even an adopted child.

Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by PoliteActivist: 1:25am On Oct 30, 2023
sheriffindy:
sorry...but i´m not sorry

Just think, if these women had just had the courage to tell their society "SCREW YOU!", they would still have their perfect mouths!

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Oct 30, 2023
Newborn27:
■ Wow! This is deep! I don't even know what to say or where to start from... truly you're courageous and strong. Back to my former question ma....did you still have any plans of getting married or having kids of your own? Kids are very beautiful my dear sister...
■ money is enjoyable when spent with your loved ones.....
■ watching your baby grow into an adult is also a beautiful thing...
■ having a man who truly loves you for you is also nice.
■ I'm sure you're happy but more assured that there are days which you wish you were married with kids...
■ How have you being coping with stigmatization? Pressure from family... friends... co-workers... church members?
KIds are beautiful yet you lot refuse to adopt the millions of kids who roam the streets of Nigeria each day, and would rather watch them suffer miserably out there? undecided

2. Yet those who spend their money with friends and others in their clique have never complained of it not being enjoyable. undecided

3. Storyland... go tell that to those who have been arrested for abusing said babies out there in Nigeria abeg, or those who eventually threw those babies away as if trash. undecided

4. Tell that story to the millions of married people who are stranded in marriage with the man who once loved them. undecided

5. Even married folks have days they wish they were still single and unburdened with kids and a wife. Cut the bull! undecided

6. Easy... stand your ground works for everyone including pesky family members and relatives, and insufferable churchians who don't know what is killing them. undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Oct 30, 2023
ecolime:
I could still feel the pains behind your writeup. Please don't put yourself under any pressure. Also, know that no one is perfect so don't always look out for men that ticks all your boxes.
God will surely do your own.
Which God? The same God who said He created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to live as Eunuchs using His Name? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Oct 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:
If you are someone that wants to have a family. I advise you to calm down and allow love find you... Menopause is also close by... But then miracle nor dey tire Jesus. If you are someone that really don't care about family and companionship then I advise you to continue making your money and enjoy yourself. Those suitors will stop coming very soon as your biological clock is ticking... You won't look young forever. In all, do what ever makes you happy.
Which Jesus? The same God who said He created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to live as Eunuchs using His Name? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Oct 30, 2023
bbode1:
There is no perfect relationship. Only God is perfect. Understand this
Nonsense reasoning! undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Oct 30, 2023
worksmart:
Single or not, you need to get pregnant and start having babies before it is too late.
My candid advice to you. @ jewessgratitud3
You go pay for the care and upkeep of said babies? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Oct 30, 2023
Sucre6:
You will find the right guy and u will find forever happiness
Lies! How many out there have found that forever happiness in marriage? undecided

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Oct 30, 2023
ojun50:
Good for your soul, peace and body. But Have it in mind that God can still give you a God man.
Which God? The same God who said He created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to live as Eunuchs using His Name? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Oct 30, 2023
imagrg:
We Nigerian men are toxic. It takes God's Grace to get a responsible man to marry.

Women really take shiit from men these days but all the same, keep searching. I could be your Mr Right though but you appear somewhat too choosy. This is where you go wrong. Gold is found in a dirty enclosure. This is why your choice of men is such that serves you rotten food for breakfast!
All the millions of Nigerian women locked in miserable marriages today also went out looking for gold in dirty enclosures. Guess what they got at the end? Life doesn't work the way you think it does. Nothing wrong with being picky and if at the end of the day, you don't find what you wanted all along, it is OK to go without too. undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by coverallroofing: 5:25am On Oct 30, 2023
Roof replacement Toronto often requires permits and inspections. Please obtain the necessary permits to avoid legal issues and may affect your home’s insurance coverage.The craft quality in the best cedar roofing Toronto is the most critical aspect of roof replacement. Regardless of your chosen materials, if the installation is subpar, your roof won’t perform as expected.

Visit now- https://www.webburb.com/home-garden/essential-aspects-of-roof-replacement-toronto-you-must-know-before-hiring-experts/
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2023
Nextt:

Jewess, I've read a lot of comments that are really disturbing.

This people don't care whether you exist or not, they don't care for your happiness or good. It then surprises me why they are pained over your decision to be happy as you deem fit.

You, on the other hand, just live your beautiful existence. Do not let their comments eclipse your joy. Your story is a source of inspiration to those who want to toe the same path but think they are alone in their thought.

Nobody condemns Catholic priests and nuns, reverends and monks, eunuchs for their decision to remain unmarried and childless. They are okay with it as long as it is not Jewessgratitud3 as if they care. As if they care.

Jewess, the only thing I will add is to reflect on what you really want and pursue it. It is only between you and your heart. If this is what you want I wish you more happiness. With or without a man, a child or children, your best days are ahead.

My dear thank you. I so much appreciate.

The problem there is. I never even mentioned that I don't want to get married in life. I only stated why I'm still not married till now but the way they twisted it and concluded its over for them not me) if at 42 one is still not married left me wondering if they have common sense or they reason with their anus. Like who made it a general rule that everyone must marry early otherwise they won't be fulfilled in life? I've never seen this set of dumb people before in my life. Anyways, I'm used to their stupidity. So, no need worrying myself.

By the way, I said what I said. Too bad they didn't catch the drift and chose to display their stupidity as usual. So far there are a few others who caught the drift of my post, Im ok.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 6:37am On Oct 30, 2023
doneback04:
Pls at this age, are you still a virgin, because the story there was no where you mentioned you had intimacy with any of those guys,?

How about I take my nude picture and post it here for you to see as well since all the story no reach you. Uch.u

You dey ask me that kind question, as your mate now?
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by coverallroofing: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2023
Prior to beginning any flat material task, experienced flat roofers Toronto directed an exhaustive examination of the current rooftop structure. Appropriately sticking roofing materials and guaranteeing secure creases are fundamental to forestalling holes and water penetration in house roofing Toronto.
Website- https://www.waysbox.com/home-garden/precautions-that-flat-roofers-toronto-experts-implement-in-various-roofing-projects/
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Sammy101111(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2023
I remember in my university Years in my early twenties I thought everything will still go on like that I got a lot of admirers but i was too serious I always see woman as distraction. All my friends in school were woman because I don’t have male friend because of cultists. some guys will even beg me to give them my female friends contact . The only woman I manage to date in school then was policing me up and down I called it off because it was distracting me . Now am in my 30s I realize
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 7:00am On Oct 30, 2023
Sammy101111:
I remember in my university Years in my early twenties I thought everything will still go on like that I got a lot of admirers but i was too serious I always see woman as distraction. Now am in my 30s I realize

Keep blaming yourself for what you can't control, you go just old quick.

Life na jeje. What will be Will be. Biko.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ojun50(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God of the universe
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by coverallroofing: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2023
Whether it’s a residential or commercial project, these experts have the knowledge and skills to handle all aspects of flat roofing, from installation to repairs and maintenance, plus delivering cedar roofing services Toronto.The Best flat roofing company Toronto doesn’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. They understand that each project is unique and requires a customized approach.

Website- https://www.databusinessonline.com/things-you-can-expect-from-the-best-flat-roofing-company-toronto/
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Sammy101111(m): 7:08am On Oct 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Keep blaming yourself for what you can't control, you go just old quick.

Life na jeje. What will be Will be. Biko.

Now I just do my normal things have Been doing. Till the right woman comes .As I work hard to be successful I pray to God for a Good wife . Because I don’t want to marry 2 wife’s and I don’t want to have divorce issue so I take my time . If I meet a woman that works and doesn’t see a man money as priority it is a blessing for me . am just tired of this generation ladies I receive salary once in a month but you bill me 2 times a week how will this kind of situation lead to marriage when you the woman sees the man as her short cut to wealth
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nextt: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

My dear thank you. I so much appreciate.

The problem there is. I never even mentioned that I don't want to get married in life. I only stated why I'm still not married till now but the way they twisted it and concluded its over for them not me) if at 42 one is still not married left me wondering if they have common sense or they reason with their anus. Like who made it a general rule that everyone must marry early otherwise they won't be fulfilled in life? I've never seen this set of dumb people before in my life. Anyways, I'm used to their stupidity. So, no need worrying myself.

By the way, I said what I said. Too bad they didn't catch the drift and chose to display their stupidity as usual. So far there are a few others who caught the drift of my post, Im ok.

Thanks bro

You're welcome, Jewess. The bolded sums it up for me. Have a beautiful day ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Primusinterpares(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which Jesus? The same God who said He created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to live as Eunuchs using His Name? undecided
Miracle still dey happen in a steady. And Jesus still dey do miracle on a steady.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by sheriffindy(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2023
Lol...such is life. Thought about it and it´s the "SCREW YOU" for me, great images TOO.
PoliteActivist:

HAPPY NEW WEEK

Just think, if these women had just had the courage to tell their society "SCREW YOU!", they would still have their perfect mouths!

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by worksmart(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2023
She would find a way . She won't be the first woman to have babies outside of marriage and she wouldn't be the last.
Kobojunkie:
You go pay for the care and upkeep of said babies? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by LalastiklaIa(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
HardMirror:
None of your excuses makes sense. sorry your life is this way. I am married anyway. none of the things you say applies to me or many men I know. I am not very rich but we lack nothing. I am not even feeling the heat of Nigeria. I cherish my wife. I believe a lot of men are like me and a lot of them are single. so sad this is how you see life

Hardmirror and in which church abi na shrine Una do the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sammy101111:
I remember in my university Years in my early twenties I thought everything will still go on like that I got a lot of admirers but i was too serious I always see woman as distraction. All my friends in school were woman because I don’t have male friend because of cultists. some guys will even beg me to give them my female friends contact . The only woman I manage to date in school then was policing me up and down I called it off because it was distracting me . Now am in my 30s I realize
How many of those guys who you speak of are happy today? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
ojun50:
God of the universe
Una ehn! So all the many miserable marriages wey full Nigeria today na your idea of miracles of this God of the universe wey you dey talk of? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:
■ Miracle still dey happen in a steady. And Jesus still dey do miracle on a steady.
You people lie a lot and you somehow think it is Ok to name Jesus Christ in your lies. Yes, Miracles happen but God and hence Jesus Christ does not go back on His Word. He washed His hands off your marriages and even proclaimed that your marriages are not of the Kingdom of God so you lot would not go around blaming Him for your failures. Yet you go around roping Him in on exactly that, why? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
worksmart:
She would find a way . She won't be the first woman to have babies outside of marriage and she wouldn't be the last.
So, you are not ready to pay for the burden you are foolishly advising her to take on for the sake of it? undecided

She will find a way like the mothers and fathers of the millions of abandoned children that litter the streets of Nigeria have equally been able to abi? You people are just plain wicked. undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ojun50(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una ehn! So all the many miserable marriages wey full Nigeria today na your idea of miracles of this God of the universe wey you dey talk of? undecided
If yr own and the people wey day around you marriage dey miserable no mean say na so he dey every where.

Allow God to intervene in yr life so you no go end up miserable

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
ojun50:
■ If yr own and the people wey day around you marriage dey miserable no mean say na so he dey every where. Allow God to intervene in yr life so you no go end up miserable
Interesting! So you also close your eyes to the suffering of the many around you all so you can claim God sanctions you and your own against His own Word? You are most definitely a typical Nigerian. undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
worksmart:

Your daughters will have babies outside marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.