Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? (18944 Views)

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Nigerians Lament As High Cost Of Goods, Commodities Dampens Christmas Mood / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
kcprince:

What you posted is good but I think the major problem with Nigerians producing is lack of information and technical know how. If the right information, guidance and enablement is out there, people will farm!!!. You know agriculture if not done with proper supervision will bring huge loss.
Exactly, what u are saying is exactly what I am saying Nigerians should demand from the government.
With access to good seedlings and guidance, Government and wealthy individuals alike employing professionals in the agricultural field to assist young farmers, with grants and loans that will assist the process of farming and other forms of production, the economy will boom, this is what Nigerians should be demanding as it is.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

And you people did not offer this solution during GEJ's time, instead you chased him out of office at #180 per dollar, well that is you people's hypocritical problem. Back to the topic, your solution is like a farmer who wants to produce every type of food in the world from his farm because he wants to avoid buying food from another person.

Is it really possible?
Take this question to China and ask, you will get the appropriate answer.
China is well versed in technology as well as agriculture, if they sat down and asked same questions, they will still be the China before Mao.
Those of u who supported GEJ should have suggested this.
Isn't it?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

D earlier u guys keep ur mouth shit d better. We are into retail and we do spend 150k weekly on fuel. So how do u want customers to survive when we are spending such an amount on weekly bases?
Do u know what it means? We hv to factor cost of fuel in d retail business.
What are you saying?
We are not talking about retailing here, we are talking about manufacturing.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Lolsssssss, u go wait tire in talking about governance. Shey na here we dey look, hope ur people hv put a stop to rice banditry
Where I come from, we farm our rice.
So I don't know who are my people that u are referring to.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

What are you saying?
We are not talking about retailing here, we are talking about manufacturing.
D topic said price of goods and services, it didn't say price of production
We bought diesel on Wednesday at d rate of 1050, Thursday morning it went up to 1300. So those in production, how do u expect them to survive?
Some idiots will say go and farm, d idiot saying farm is still eating mama thank u

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

Where I come from, we farm our rice.
So I don't know who are my people that u are referring to.
Rice banditry know themselves
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Rice banditry know themselves
I have no idea.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

D topic said price of goods and services, it didn't say price of production
We bought diesel on Wednesday at d rate of 1050, Thursday morning it went up to 1300. So those in production, how do u expect them to survive?
Some idiots will say go and farm, d idiot saying farm is still eating mama thank u
So production should be shunned?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Harrynight(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
Our major problem is with production.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
In other times, it sells for double that price.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.

When this same commodities were cheaper, Are you saying there were more production of those goods before than now

If you think it will be better in the midst of dollar rate keep skyrocketed DEY PLAY, Just DEY PLAY
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Pat081: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not in Tiubu time
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

So production should be shunned?
U are just not getting it bcs u are not into business

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Harrynight:

When this same commodities were cheaper, Are you saying there were more production of those goods before than now

If you think it will be better in the midst of dollar rate keep skyrocketed DEY PLAY, Just DEY PLAY
I cited an illustration, because I expected a reply like yours.
When it's in abundance, price will stabilize, if we are a self sustaining economy, dollar won't determine our market price.
That's the message but u can continue to moan about dollar.
If we produce our chemicals, our fertilizers, our fuel, our machineries and farm our food, will dollar determine the price we sell the food?
This is simple to understand.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

I have no idea.
U no go ever get ideal, palliative fighter

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

U are just not getting it bcs u are not into business
I don't do retail.
I haven't fancied retail before, the last time I did retailing business was in 2009.
We cañ't shun production, that's my message.
Production is the sure way to economic freedom not doing retail and tag it "business".
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Harrynight(m): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

I cited an illustration, because I expected a reply like yours.
When it's in abundance, price will stabilize, if we are a self sustaining economy, dollar won't determine our market price.
That's the message but u can continue to moan about dollar.
If we produce our chemicals, our fertilizers, our fuel, our machineries and farm our food, will dollar determine the price we sell the food?
This is simple to understand.

And I ask again, before now when price of things was better and dollars wasn't this high, did we produce our chemicals, our fertiliser, our fuel and machineries?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

I don't do retail.
I haven't fancied retail before, the last time I did retailing business was in 2009.
We cañ't shun production, that's my message.
Production is the sure way to economic freedom not doing retail and tag it "business".
Lolssss, how can one venture into production when d cost of production is outta of dis world, who will suffer it most if not d poor masses
Ur useless president rushed and removed subsidy without any backup plan, and u are here talking about production
Cost of diesel is 1300 right now, how many drums can a production firm use in a day

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by UNDFTD: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
NOT in Liegeria. It's one of the few countries if NOT the only one in the world that defies the law of gravity...what goes up must surely come down!
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Lolssss, how can one venture into production when d cost of production is outta of dis world, who will suffer it most if not d poor masses
Ur useless president rushed and removed subsidy without any backup plan, and u are here talking about production
Cost of diesel is 1300 right now, how many drums can a production firm use in a day
Production is way more than thinking capacity of most people, that's why owners of multinational companies are few in every country compared to the population, that's why retailers are always more in number than manufacturers, it's beyond u, there's no point having this conversation.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Harrynight:

And I ask again, before now when price of things was better and dollars wasn't this high, did we produce our chemicals, our fertiliser, our fuel and machineries?

So u are suggesting we shouldn't produce because we didn't produce before now?
Many of u in this country love starting an argument without knowing what u are talking about as well as what u plan on achieving from the argument.
The question is this, should we shun production because we didn't do it before now?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by FBS: 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
Dey play. cool
Apt. grin
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by ostartruth: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.
Within a span of two to four years dollar rose like prick that saw a naked woman under buhari and never dropped until now and you think it's all because we don't produce? Under Jonathan what did we produce that kept dollars hovering around 150 to 200 for over four years
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by zedegit: 12:54am On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

You didn't consider insecurity.
Fulani bandits are killing Benue farmers and other places.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by anyilalaz: 1:07am On Oct 28, 2023
More production, more production....in every facets of our economy. Numbers don't lie.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by caracas: 1:36am On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:
You are very stewpid , was Nigeria a producing nation when obj, Gej n yaradua were president? Instead of you to call your useless president a dumb head you’re here lying just to defend an old , dumb,illiterate criminal
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by ericmor: 3:27am On Oct 28, 2023
Johnrake69:
Prepare for the worst.

Expect $1 to #2000. Expect massive famine and insecurity.

I think we should stop saying things like this because have noticed that anytime we say negative things like this, it happens all because we let know our weaknesses by telling them if it get to that extends, there is nothing we can do and we will just accept it like that. The people of Nigeria are too weak
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by darediamond(m): 3:49am On Oct 28, 2023
GanagiBeetrus:
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Mr President has assured Nigerians that things will soon get better.
Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?
As long as The British Status Quo Via That Evil Bank Called I.M.F remains, things will never change for good.

Remember Abacha locked up there office and operations Totally during His Military Regime and NEVER LISTEN TO BRITAIN ON FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL WHICH INCLUSIVELY MEANS DELIBRATE DEVALUATION OF NAIRA?

This is why U.S.A led western Nations hates Military Regimes In Africa and always shout and cry for "DEMON-CRAZY" which they make all you Ignorant Africans term as democracy.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by ITbomb(m): 4:47am On Oct 28, 2023
No, instead purchasing power will increase and the economy will improve
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Brendaniel: 5:08am On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

Take this question to China and ask, you will get the appropriate answer.
China is well versed in technology as well as agriculture, if they sat down and asked same questions, they will still be the China before Mao.
Those of u who supported GEJ should have suggested this.
Isn't it?

Oga, China does not produce all they use and consume, in fact their import to export ratio is 95:98 percent, if you need data I will present it for you, I never supported GEJ, I hated his goverment and criticized it, you can check my post pre 2015 here on nairaland, same way I am doing Tinubu's own, that is because I am not a political hypocrite like you....
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 5:30am On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

Production is way more than thinking capacity of most people, that's why owners of multinational companies are few in every country compared to the population, that's why retailers are always more in number than manufacturers, it's beyond u, there's no point having this conversation.
Is their any chance that prices of goods will come down and how?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Reference(m): 5:34am On Oct 28, 2023
GanagiBeetrus:
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Mr President has assured Nigerians that things will soon get better.
Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?

The simple answer is no.

The basic factors that necessitated the devaluation of the naira are fundamental to any progressive economy.

In a nutshell it means the only things that can contract in price are the things MADE in such ABUNDANCE that the forces of demand fall far short of the forced of supply.

Unfortunately your desired mobile phone is not one of them because it is highly unlikely you or anyone else in this country manufactures it.

Nigerians must come to a realization that they can only control the things they make for themselves. And even that is super hard enough.for no local producer has all the factors in check, in total control as to reduce prices in today's economy.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by vickydevoka(m): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2023
Goodvibes007:
A lot of Nigerians are extremely greedy. They would still want to sell at high prices even when the economy improves.
I'm not a business man but your are very clueless. My friend's business folded up bcus he was selling previous price. After selling he couldn't purchase any goods from the market. He is now a teacher 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mr Biggs Franchise / Dangote Features On Nasdaq Tower, New York / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.