Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban (18301 Views)

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Grace Nwokocha Suspended For Use Of Prohibited Substances / Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 28, 2023
Noting good comes out .
Who you go blame now?

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Subonbon(m): 4:22am On Oct 28, 2023
prophetfire:
but you can understand Tinubu that sold it like mad while in the US and made a fortune from it.
u dey mind am...
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by omoadeleye(m): 5:10am On Oct 28, 2023
Drugs too much. Imagine angry no bounds to where they can't take drugs. This is a shame

3 Likes

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Evilthoughts: 5:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Developers and drugs as usual.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Addme: 5:24am On Oct 28, 2023
See how we lost the medals duly deserved because of one person who wanted to cheat the system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by zoedew: 5:36am On Oct 28, 2023
CHEAT!

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by just4fun(m): 5:37am On Oct 28, 2023
sotall:
What's happening to Nigerian Track and field athletes?

From Blessing to Okorodudu and now Grace....

This has become too much.
They are learning from our leaders
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by lesbiconverter: 5:41am On Oct 28, 2023
i thought dealers don't use their products cheesy

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by tete7000(m): 5:48am On Oct 28, 2023
Linesman:
Tendencies to Commit Crime as a Nigerian so Prevalent.

Na only Nigerian athletes don used drug?

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by SoNature(m): 5:56am On Oct 28, 2023
COMPAQ:
This makes all the girls suspect in my view. Even Tobi Amusan and that other girl who was doing very well in college athletics last year, but hasn’t done well at all this year I suspect she might have gotten scared due to the drug investigation and stop taking them which is why her performances have dropped.

Everyone who performs well is subjected to the test. No exception. Many Nigerian athletes have been banned and their victories rescinded.
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by FireUpNow(m): 6:08am On Oct 28, 2023
Sad
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Papayaayasager(m): 6:18am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

I honestly can not understand developers mindset .

Tinubu can make you understand better
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by tonicyril: 7:02am On Oct 28, 2023
sotall:
What's happening to Nigerian Track and field athletes?

From Blessing to Okorodudu and now Grace....

This has become too much.

Wait...is okorodududu a name??

For here in edo state okorodudu is a settlement where the Yoruba plants cocoa and other plantations ooh grin

We even have okorodudu1 and okorodudu2...both under ijaw jurisdictions grin
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by chukkystar(m): 7:11am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

You'd be surprised the amount of athletes that do Drugs for added advantage. Russia as a Country helps it's athletes cheat Internationally..
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by hefelove(m): 7:16am On Oct 28, 2023
Nawa
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

@Seun ethnic slur
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by PHAYOL81: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
nobi small thing ooo look at the mess ooo... Tobi own is still pending self

OLUWATOBI AMUSAN had been declared free from all allegation. She was even subjected to tests before and after the DIAMOND LEAGUE race (a race involving only the best legs in the athletics world) where she went ahead to win another gold. She passed the tests and still won the gold. She CLEARED THEIR DOUBT AND KEPT THEM SHUT.

4 Likes

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2023
PHAYOL81:

OLUWATOBI AMUSAN had been declared free from all allegation. She was even subjected to tests before and after the DIAMOND LEAGUE race (a race involving only the best legs in the athletics world) where she went ahead to win another gold. She passed the tests and still won the gold. She CLEARED THEIR DOUBT AND KEPT THEM SHUT.
the case is still not over ok.. go and research
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by MyExpression(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

She brought home gold.
That's what the developer did.

They found a way to sub the system.

Most people do it and get away with it.

In your industry, I believe you know one or two ways to beat the system.
You may not be doing it, but you sure know some people do it and get away with it.

Even as a Nigerian, she's not the first to be caught for doping.
Many foreign athletes have been caught also.
So it's not a developer mindset per se.
Our first Olympic Gold was by a developer- Chioma Ajunwa.

Could it be she beat the system too?
...then subject all laurel holders to scrutiny...they are either all clean or you'll be shocked.

Make your research, there were some expelled sprinting records in the past.
The current women's world record, is not the highest record there is.
There was an era that drug dominated athletics.

Does not justify it tho, but should exonerate the issue from being a "developer" issue.

When Tobi Amusan was being scrutinised, I was in fear for her.
I didn't want to be put to international shame.
I felt it as a co-nigerian, not as a yoruba, Igbo or Hausa person.
It would have been a loss for everyone.

So let's all embrace this shame that Grace has brought, and admonish everyone else that this kind of disgrace will no longer be tolerated.
Fight it as a nation, don't point hands to one tribe, as if the shame comes to the tribe alone. The international disdain affects everyone.
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Jagabanarmy: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

You are a big fuul and senseless for saying this to your Nation's athlete. You deserves to rot in jail
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by phemmyfour: 7:36am On Oct 28, 2023
With all the drug, no individual gold medal to show for it
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Haveyoueatentod: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2023
Grace to disGrace
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by nairalanda1(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2023
COMPAQ:
This makes all the girls suspect in my view. Even Tobi Amusan and that other girl who was doing very well in college athletics last year, but hasn’t done well at all this year I suspect she might have gotten scared due to the drug investigation and stop taking them which is why her performances have dropped.

While I share your suspicions (heck, since the whole East German program, then BALCO , everyone has been suspicious...one nightmare I have is Usain Bolt being proven to have used drugs retrospectively), athletes too can have bad years and good years.

Also, some of the victories eg Commonwealth gold...can be explained. Most of the top competitors were not there. World gold? She was doing well...and her performances were improving. That she did not do well in Hungary? Easily explained..other athletes were doing well too.(plus she had to fight the drug charges which did wonders for training concentration. I)

Also, most top athletes undergo repeated testing. If she had been on something, she would have been caught(Okagbare was caught by a out of competition test)
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by nairalanda1(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

Well, everyone uses drugs, not just people from a certain tribe...as many investigations over the years have proven otherwise.
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Mosba: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2023
We never deserved the gold medal in the first place, she cheated to beat others for it but somehow, her brothers are on every social media trying to rubbish our president with unfounded allegation of drugs. God go exposed every one of you umpurumirinians

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by PHAYOL81: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
the case is still not over ok.. go and research

TRUE, just confirmed it. Last thing I saw about the case was that the AIU, having proclaimed that they would appeal, failed to do so within the 30days period the law allows for it hence the submission. CHECKING the internet now, I realized they made the appeal a day later.

BUT no shaking. She passed all tests pre and post DIAMOND LEAGUE race and still won,,gold. That shows she wasn't cheating to enhance her performance. BESIDES, she had test only days before the day they declared her whereabout unknown, so that's another angle to look at it.

2 Likes

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by osazsky(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2023
Why igbo people nor fit leave drugs or is it a foundational problem

1 Like

Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by jogojogo: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2023
eepeepook:
Our athletes should stop this nonsense. White men created performance enhancers because they couldn’t catch up with our natural gifts. We are Africans, the purest blacks. We should not indulge in their dirty game.
Igbo athletes you mean?
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by jogojogo: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2023
MyExpression:

She brought home gold.
That's what the developer did.

They found a way to sub the system.

Most people do it and get away with it.

In your industry, I believe you know one or two ways to beat the system.
You may not be doing it, but you sure know some people do it and get away with it.

Even as a Nigerian, she's not the first to be caught for doping.
Many foreign athletes have been caught also.
So it's not a developer mindset per se.
Our first Olympic Gold was by a developer- Chioma Ajunwa.

Could it be she beat the system too?
...then subject all laurel holders to scrutiny...they are either all clean or you'll be shocked.

Make your research, there were some expelled sprinting records in the past.
The current women's world record, is not the highest record there is.
There was an era that drug dominated athletics.

Does not justify it tho, but should exonerate the issue from being a "developer" issue.

When Tobi Amusan was being scrutinised, I was in fear for her.
I didn't want to be put to international shame.
I felt it as a co-nigerian, not as a yoruba, Igbo or Hausa person.
It would have been a loss for everyone.

So let's all embrace this shame that Grace has brought, and admonish everyone else that this kind of disgrace will no longer be tolerated.
Fight it as a nation, don't point hands to one tribe, as if the shame comes to the tribe alone. The international disdain affects everyone.

The shame is too much from the developer
Can't embrace it
Re: Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban by Enemiesmasquera: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Drugs,Drugs,Drugs.

Are you talking about Tinubu and Abiodun ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

England Vs Belgium: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / Osimhen’s Market Value Rises To €40m / Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.