Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend (32548 Views)

Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Akowonjo: Fire Service Trucks Arrive Burning House Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Hotguy27: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
...We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess ..
File Photo for Illustration

It would take more than just your own story for him to do this. There are people that are good at drinking and partying with their friends, feeling big before them and lavishing money stupendously without caring to know whether those friends need their support financially or otherwise to grow.
You probably need your friend only when you are looking for company for outing or to show off. He probably must have been visiting you but you never visited him or cared to visit him. Maybe he lived in an area you consider low level area and as a "big boy" you are too big to visit someone in such location. He probably must have asked for your help financially in the past but you didn't respond well while you continued to spend lavishly with him when you go outing.

Check well. One or two or all of the above could be the case
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Annahh(f): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532

I am that friend that will build a house and not tell anyone till house opening, it doesn't mean they are not my close friends but someone like me prefers to announce things when it's done. I have friends that travelled out without telling me, I don't hold it against them, I will do same if I were in their shoe.

PS my cousin did his traditional wedding without inviting me, I saw the pic online and I didn't die cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Essien45: 10:11am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here. I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

It's quite unfortunate what your so called friend did but you have the right to feel bad because the way you took him is not the way he took you.
I have met people like the young man you described and this is my candid advise to you;

1. Everyone will not treat you the way you treat them. So make peace with that.

2. Learn to balance information shared in a relationship. You can't be sharing everything about yourself with someone and the person isn't sharing anything or few information about his/herself.

3. Learn to test prople. You look like someone who trust blindly but my advise to you is please stop. Test people over and over again to ascertain where you stand with them and what information you can trust them with.

4. In biology while in secondary school they taught us symbiotic and parasitic relationship.
I have been over the years been able to categorize people in my life after this order so I know how I handle them per time to avoid stories that touch.

5. Attend the house warming and don't raise it as an issue with him least he calls it jealousy.
After then just keep him in his place. He isn't worth being a friend.

I saw some nasty comments and insults at you but just ignore them. Some prople responding are exactly like the young man you described.

You are a good person and the young man didn't know he just lost a rare gift as you.

Learn your lessons and move on. There are still good prople that makes great friends out there.
They may be few but they exist.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Annahh(f): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Thinktwicemybro:

Sometimes telling people your plan can ruin the plan. Some opinion can discourage your destiny. God created secrets for a reason. Not telling your parents your plans does not make you foolish. I know many people that completed their house before telling their parents. I know people who told their parents and friends they bought land but never built the house, instead they end up selling the land. Life is deeper into than you think.
Exactly.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by codecyan(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Well, your friend must have his reasons for not telling you. What is sure here is, the way you value the friendship is not the way he cherishes it. At the same time, since you take him out, splash drinks and foot the bills, he may see you as loud mouthed and avoided confiding in you for his 'safety'. Attend the house warming ceremony and keep him at arms length. He is not your friend.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by sylve11: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
Jones90:

I understand where you are coming from, but you know it takes some months to build a house and during these periods of time, the acclaimed friend of the OP would have been dining and wining with the OP without telling him that he's building a house. He intentionally kept it secret from the OP.

Personally I don't see any sense in it. Telling the OP will not stop him from building his house, why then keep it a secret from him?

I like getting my things done before telling anyone. cool
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by xjiggy: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

Bro, life is full of lessons. You just learnt one. Trust only in GOD and in yourself. I won't comment on the strength of your friendship but I'll be weary of sharing my most intimate thoughts with him if I were you. A true Friend shares.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by amakanancy(f): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
brain54:

If this guy is your only friend…

Then just take it that you no get friend.

You are friendless like this!

Beware of one sided story. Do you know the type of person this guy is? Is he someone who rejoices when others are rejoicing or gets jealous? Or someone whose mouth is a basket and cannot keep his mouth shut?
I have a friend who gets jealous at my success and achievements. He does not like it when his friends are doing better than him. Of course you would be careful of that kind of person.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by lavylilly: 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
smasher1:

People get robbed, kidnap etc every day. Based on information given by close friends, family members. Never disclose to anyone, more information than they need to know. A colleague contribution by others worth about 4 months salary was debited last week. It was evidently done by people she knows who check the phone regularly and waited for the appropriate time.
shocked
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by lavylilly: 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
wink
TrustNone:
why mention to bro?
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by achimendy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

I understand your pain, things like this hurt sometimes. But my advice for you is, congratulate him, celebrate with him, and wish more for him, don't hold grudges against him. Still relate with him normal. But don't expose your secrets to him too. Be wise.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by achimendy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Annahh:
Peter532

I am that friend that will build a house and not tell anyone till house opening, it doesn't mean they are not my close friends but someone like me prefers to announce things when it's done. I have friends that travelled out without telling me, I don't hold it against them, I will do same if I were in their shoe.

PS my cousin did his traditional wedding without inviting me, I saw the pic online and I didn't die cheesy

Very true 💯
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Badmashii(m): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Yaro you are just a friend!! Get that into your shallow brain

So you fed him... Must we know.. Ubanka

Atleast he invited you.. You should be grateful..

Ke dalla ke daina mana zance banza a nan. Nan baki san akwai agemate na ubanki bane? Ki kula fa kar ki bata wa mutane rai
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Badmashii(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
YngDenzel1:
He told you when it was completed right? What else do you want?

If it were me too I wouldn't have told you when it was going on. Why should I tell you? Are you an engineer, you dey do roofing? I mean do you offer any service I would need in the house?

Or I should tell you so we can gossip about it and you announce to the whole world say I dey build house? Who needs all that dramas?You no see how WizKid dey live?

Your friend build house, you no happy. You dey squeeze face say he no tell you when the building dey go on, the thing pain you to the extent you come table the matter for here? Because of people like you na make I no dey do friends. OTF

Baba your head dey there. I love this. E pain the guy because person wey him consider as 'younger bro' don level up pass am. E sure me die op neva build him own house
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Badmashii(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
koolaid87:

Bro, in this life, you just have to move in silence.

Let me tell you straight.

From Op's writing, he already see himself superior to his friend, hence why he was yapping about buying this, buying that. He even stated that the said friend saw him as his big Bro.

Op's friend moved in silence because he knew Op's nature of breeding enviousness and jealousy.

I believe everyone has these toxic spirits inside of them but it takes a better person to discipline oneself to conquering those spirits.

Im just like OP's friend, if I feel you have a toxic spirit, I wont update your about my progress so you won't sabotage me and I dont give a fvck how you feel about it.

Op, don't take it too personal. You shouldn't consider him less of a friend. You self dey discipline and always remember that you're living in a cold world.

Stay sharp

Gbamsolutely! Couldn't have said it any better bros. Me if you like tell me your plans or dont but i can NEVER tell my plans to any human being including my parents.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Badmashii(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
The point most folks refuse to accept is true friendship between human beings is RARE.

In the case of where it exist,the probability of that friendship to last for a long time is next to zero.

Ladies and gents it's very important to learn how to relate with people o.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by YngDenzel1: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
lekbel09:
You be mumu
Your papa, your mama and your next generation all of them na mumu.

No try am quote me again!
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by jessylaurel(f): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mayplays:
Some people can’t be told what to do with their money and want to ball all the time… You’re a hater if you suggest otherwise

Do you know if the poster’s friend has asked him to get serious or hinted at it a couple of times and it was brushed off? Do you know how dangerous it is for hustling man to connect with people that are not on the same orientation?

When you as a serious person notices your friend is not ready, you quietly detach then come out sometimes to ball with them because it’s them that will not let you rest or call you a snob when you refuse, with how emotionally this man is even speaking, his friend dare not even refuse an invitation

The poster sounds like one of such guys and the fact that he went through such length to type about his fellow man on an online forum tells me exactly the kind of person he is, a loud mouth that cannot be trusted and always wants to tell a story… like I be woman but who go want guy man like this? Wey fit enter internet dey cap to strangers about our personal matter?

You no dey reason am?

grin grin grin grin
A man, you had better realize you have only yourself… Keep attaching yourself emotionally to people who are not attached to anyone in any form is very dangerous
Show no weakness in any form and use human beings to your advantage, know the people in your life, what they’re for and stop getting emotionally attached to people even family members, no one cares and everyone is about their own interest

I know all these write up didn’t come out of your empty head. Association of ChatGBT olodo
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by jessylaurel(f): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
blowjohn:

So did they force the op to be spending on another human?

Is that a life ambition?

Fat Joe once talked about the times when Jay Z wud invite them to clubs and they wud spend money buying P diddys company drinks...

Until p diddy( aside his other nasty side) became richer

Learn from this. The link:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/T-xkhLghXNU

You can never be a good friend. You’re just like the friend he mentioned
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by blowjohn(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
jessylaurel:

You can never be a good friend. You’re just like the friend he mentioned

U will never learn.
Talk less, listen more.
That's a wisdom.

U think the world is a loving place.

Are they siblings?
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Mayplays(f): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
jessylaurel:

I know all these write up didn’t come out of your empty head. Association of ChatGBT olodo
Chatgpt? Learn the actual spelling of words before using them.

Lol. Lower life form
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by jessylaurel(f): 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin ;
Mayplays:
Chatgpt? Learn the actual spelling of words before using them.

Lol. Lower life form

Oh yeah
Higher life mannequin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Of 7 Burns To Death Ghana In House Fire(Graphic Photos) / FURNITURE / How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.