Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend (32465 Views)

Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Akowonjo: Fire Service Trucks Arrive Burning House Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Mozenge1: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
brain54:

Just because people do certain things…

Don’t make it right. How can any sane person travel out of the country without their parents knowledge- if they are in good terms?

If na you wear the shoe how you go feel?

And na women Dey feel emotional about these things pass o.!

I swear down a very close friend of mine, her brother has been missing for the past 3 years now. Hoping he’s going to come back someday. Like nobody knows his whereabout. Even if I want to do some certain things I will definitely let one or two persons to know about it.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Eyinju112(f): 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
Numerouno94:

Did the op tell u he was poor? I can relate to the op. Back I consulted a frnd of mine b4 I bought a plot of land,(100 by100) We even went along to access the plot and I carried him along while I fenced the land and got it gated.

I was constantly telling my frnd the next line of action. I took him to the architect who drew me a fantastic plan. I wen wit him to get a borehole drilling company so as to get water to work.

I was so free wit my frnd, only to b surprised that my guy bought his a own land, and starting building without even discussing wit me. It was my engineer that pointed to the house and told me that hey!!, That is ur frnd Brown's house. I was shocked. Bro wat is bad is bad. Respect is reciprocal.

Your own case worst pass op own sef. If I were you I'll snap the house and then show him, I will ask whose is it? If him tell me say "em, em, I was thinking of completing it before telling you", na blocking straight and that's the end of the rehatetionship.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Blackdisciple(m): 11:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
You might feel bad but don't ok....

Now you know who he is to you even as you take him as your friend which he don't....

I haveg people like that at work place at least we are close but don't tell me certain things till later also me too I don't but when I need then for advice in some areas I do reach out to them minds you these are people I eat with in the same plate if need be sometimes.

I accepted it that way because I have no close friend even as i might be available to you but you are not available me I take it that way so that when I will not be available to you then you shouldn't be surprised...

The only person closed to me is my girl even as I don't know what she does out there but I know were I keep her...

NB: Don't mind anyone do your thing so that when they don't mind you it shouldn't be a surprising or angrily thing to you...
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by RommelJD: 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
I have been reading a lot of stupid comments regarding this issue.

And from my own understanding, those commenting rubbish don't understand the power of TRUE FRIENDSHIP. When you've bonded with someone for years and done many things together common you will share your secrets together. For this guy to build and not tell his dearest friend of many years with many memories together is just heartbreaking.

Except there must be something he saw in the op that made him not to tell him. If not he should have.

Op just take it as one of lifes lesson.

4 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by akaahs(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

File Photo for Illustration
I might be tempted to say we re of similar character, its happened to me but not as urs.
A very closed friend we went to his girlfriend house to formally introduce ourselves to his inlaw when they started dating.
On d process he got the lady pregnant and was compelled to marry. He informed me about the traditional rite without informing about the reason behind the marriage. I attended the traditional wedding.
I only discovered on the white wedding day that the lady is pregnant. I felt betrayed honestly.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by lekbel09(m): 12:06am On Dec 23, 2023
YngDenzel1:
Oga go sleep.. na Una dem call monitoring spirit. No quote me again!
You be mumu
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by InvertedHammer: 12:25am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

/
Consider him an acquaintance not a friend.

Your case is similar to those ladies dating themselves who think they are in a relationship for years until they see wedding videos of their supposed boyfriend that just happened last weekend.

/

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by incogni2o: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2023
Jones90:

I understand where you are coming from, but you know it takes some months to build a house and during these periods of time, the acclaimed friend of the OP would have been dining and wining with the OP without telling him that he's building a house. He intentionally kept it secret from the OP.

Personally I don't see any sense in it. Telling the OP will not stop him from building his house, why then keep it a secret from him?

What if OP discourages him in one way or another.

People's mentality differ
Imagine OP not being the frugal type and the so called friend is.

Some people believe your salary is for enjoyment and paying house rent.

Having that kinda person as a friend, you may not get good vibes when embarking on a project.

My own issue with the so called friend is , why then invite him for house warming

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by smasher1(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

Stop this improper jealousy. He doesn't owe you any explanation.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Abbeyb1ack: 12:46am On Dec 23, 2023
To the OP dis goes beyond building/ been envy

He felt betrayed that's just it
Alot of people are like that....you can share secret with them with the hope they will do the same....but you tend to feel pain when dey don't
It's like you loving someone and the person is not reciprocating dat same love back to you

To OP such is life,the world will be a boring place if we all reason or act the same way...

Just let him know how you feel....and continue with d friendship....you both are still friends

#my-opinion

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by viodemus: 12:46am On Dec 23, 2023
Maybe he dey fear jealousy or something But he still suppose dun use style ease you into the plans.

He probably think am, but say make he do am first. I dey give am the benefit of doubt. Na wa o.

When I first dey wan jakpa after several failed attempts, I no tell my guys. Mind you I be numero uno for the confra wey I been dey play for that time. Na after me and my bro dun collect the paperwork to go, dun get ticket for hand, na im I decide to tell guys for my area, even at that, I no tell them the day, I tell them say na 3 weeks to a month later, show a few the visa at least make them see as e dey be, meanwhile na 3 days later. No be me, dem wan use do gbojugboju.

I sha tell my main mains say I dey wait ticket, say ticket fit come tomorrow or within a month. So, the morning of me and my bro walka, we go choko for where we dey always hang, some other extended our guys been dey there, na so I tell them say, e be like say we go need jakpa that evening. We come do handover. Shayo, enough choko. That evening, as we dey ready go airport, Like over 30 of my guys show for my papa house, plus some of my guys wey dey area - wey dey play for other teams, neutrals, small pikins for area, etc. Na so everybody just dey shake me and my bro, dey turk say, guy no forget me o, guy no loose focus for that side, etc. I give some of the pikin dem some money. We cun ride go airport with like 4 car convoy.

I know say some people for dey look us with side eye, say we no tell them. I dun dey both sides of the fence. Me sef, sometimes sef, I dey look say, if I fit no tell my shadow, I probably no go allow am know.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by smasher1(m): 12:47am On Dec 23, 2023
brain54:

Just because people do certain things…

Don’t make it right. How can any sane person travel out of the country without their parents knowledge- if they are in good terms?

If na you wear the shoe how you go feel?

And na women Dey feel emotional about these things pass o.!

It can happen anytime. People do things based on their past experiences. They may have encountered challenges and don't know why it is that way so they choose to remain silent so they can achieve their goals. I see nothing wrong here

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by pansophist(m): 12:48am On Dec 23, 2023
Make sure those you call friends see you as a friend. Thats all I have to say.

8 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by smasher1(m): 12:49am On Dec 23, 2023
Jones90:

I understand where you are coming from, but you know it takes some months to build a house and during these periods of time, the acclaimed friend of the OP would have been dining and wining with the OP without telling him that he's building a house. He intentionally kept it secret from the OP.

Personally I don't see any sense in it. Telling the OP will not stop him from building his house, why then keep it a secret from him?

I don't see any reason why he should inform him. The friend is 100% free to do as he pleases.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by smasher1(m): 12:51am On Dec 23, 2023
Tobijays:
no one Should see any issue with this except you got bad motives! You can’t really say if this OP is a good person or a devil Only God see us!! wives wey dy follow person sleep wake up don kill all der husbands for Benin lol na dem be landlady talkless of a frie

Please, tell them. I have seen too many electronic fraud in bank perpetrated by family members, husband, wife, children and you are saying one should not be careful?
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by SharingIsLife(m): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2023
ItisWell22:

And this is why the op is hurting.
He took this guy as a brother and had no secrets with him.

Let’s all be realistic and stop all this stoicism; it’s painful.

If op had seen the guy as just another of his guys, e for no pain am.
But he took this guy as a brother and hid nothing from him.
Why should he hide such huge leap from op?
So op doesn’t wake up from his slumber if he probably hasn’t built his own house?
Then he isn’t a good friend.

Op, learn your lesson and move.
He was never a friend.
Or probably, never valued you as much as you valued him.

Reason why I just expect nothing from no one and expect everyone to disappoint me; ahead, ahead…
Your wisdom, intelligence, and balance is top-notch. Are you sure that you are female as indicated?
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by smasher1(m): 12:59am On Dec 23, 2023
lavylilly:
Abeg! He should tell you and you would discourage him or reap him off

Love all trust NONE is the motor in Nigeria
Even family fit run you street gan

People get robbed, kidnap etc every day. Based on information given by close friends, family members. Never disclose to anyone, more information than they need to know. A colleague contribution by others worth about 4 months salary was debited last week. It was evidently done by people she knows who check the phone regularly and waited for the appropriate time.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Xkale1996(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Yaro you are just a friend!! Get that into your shallow brain

So you fed him... Must we know.. Ubanka

Atleast he invited you.. You should be grateful..
you see how useless and stupid you're

You just display ur mumuness here

Coward
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Tzar(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Oga! Jealousy is a form of witchcraft. Your apparent denial of your unnecessary jealousy shows you don’t even know that you are a witch yet.
If he builds a house without telling you, go & build yours without telling him too na?! How has your bitterness and jealousy helped??

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Xkale1996(m): 1:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

guy next time don't tell him your achievement o

Keep quiet till you achieve it

This kind friend can harm you
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by highoctane: 1:19am On Dec 23, 2023
Polish your shoes.
Put on your finest linen.
Buy a bottle of wine.
Go there and put up a politician smile.
Give him a warm handshake.
And say to him a big congratulations and part his back.
And learn to keep secrets from him, if you can.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Bigjane(f): 1:34am On Dec 23, 2023
I figured if Ops friend had told him even before he posted it on his WhatsApp status, it would have lessen the betrayal.

Op had to read it on his status before he was DMed and informed of the house warming party probably because he saw that Op viewed his status.

Let me tell an almost similar story.

I had a friend who wanted to Japa but was told not to inform anyone before he collects his Visa. He did exactly as he was told but before he left, he called and told me about the plans and I did not feel bad a bit about it.

What Ops friend could have done better is to inform Op first immediately after the completion explaining that he was told not to let the cat out and all those ish. This should be before he even posted on WhatsApp.

Op, you have learnt your lessons. Him no rate you at all. Go for the house warming party and please do not ask him about this. Him go think say you Dey Jealous.

But I will like to point this out that you overestimated your value with him😀. That thing can pain😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Mayplays(f): 1:56am On Dec 23, 2023
jessylaurel:

He was busy spending your money with you and hiding his own for his building project. You DON'T have a FRIEND.
Some people can’t be told what to do with their money and want to ball all the time… You’re a hater if you suggest otherwise

Do you know if the poster’s friend has asked him to get serious or hinted at it a couple of times and it was brushed off? Do you know how dangerous it is for hustling man to connect with people that are not on the same orientation?

When you as a serious person notices your friend is not ready, you quietly detach then come out sometimes to ball with them because it’s them that will not let you rest or call you a snob when you refuse, with how emotionally this man is even speaking, his friend dare not even refuse an invitation

The poster sounds like one of such guys and the fact that he went through such length to type about his fellow man on an online forum tells me exactly the kind of person he is, a loud mouth that cannot be trusted and always wants to tell a story… like I be woman but who go want guy man like this? Wey fit enter internet dey cap to strangers about our personal matter?

You no dey reason am?

A man, you had better realize you have only yourself… Keep attaching yourself emotionally to people who are not attached to anyone in any form is very dangerous
Show no weakness in any form and use human beings to your advantage, know the people in your life, what they’re for and stop getting emotionally attached to people even family members, no one cares and everyone is about their own interest
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Ehmmah588(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2023
If you really took him as a friend, then, tell him your mind undecided .. Don't let people's perspective of him let you start making unnecessary assumptions.....TELL HIM YOUR MIND OR RATHER, AIR YOUR VIEWS AT HIS ACTIONS.......You say He's like your brother abi?? Then, imagine your kid brother did this same thing, how would you react?? Won't you air your views??

Do the same thing wink
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Zane2point4(m): 2:10am On Dec 23, 2023
Candidlady:

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Bro u don’t understand, if you have a very close friend you reason with,share mistakes and investments ideas with, chase women with and he do this kind thing it means he doesn’t take u close enough,you go feel am!

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by wonyi: 2:35am On Dec 23, 2023
gidjah:
THIS IS WERE I AM COMING FROM !op is a spend thrift and his friend got wind of that.Sonhe intentionally kept this away from you knowing you will stop funding your groups weird spending life style if he tells u along d line that he is into a building project.He is way smarter and calculative than the op.Thisbis alessonnti us all, be a wise spender ,never trust hook line and sinker. Then on the other hand ,his friend is a terrible deceiver and a Hippo!he eats ,dine and wine with his best child hood mate yet refuse to let him understand that life goes beyond "PARTY RIDER ' group !he chose to join d band wagon of "chop clean mouth'all on d expense of his own child hood friend.Thats an evil act of betrayal on d other side.EITHER WAYS ,BOTH OF THEM ARENT MATURE! If at least when he got to the lintel level he tells him "oboi stop this your DAROCHA levels and start building ,see how far I have gone "!! I am sure op too would have adjusted .

You made so much sense
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Funflipper: 3:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by bitingcool: 3:09am On Dec 23, 2023
Nebes:
It is called ENVY.

Congratulate him and move on. Friendship doesn't mean you own the person or have the right to know everything about the person. Does the guy know everything about you? Free the guy joor.

If I were you and he's better than me, na to beg him to show me the way.

it's not envy. it's dissapointment. There's a level of openness expected if a friend. I totally understand you. My so called best friend was planning to leave the country and didn't mention to me. she called me when she had left. I was stunned. that was the day I knew I was not her friend. be happy for the person bit keep away. If they don't value you as you value them, devalue them.

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by AliEzeOlu: 3:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Candidlady:

Uwarki, this the most "stewpidest" post I've read on nairaland.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by gbagyiza: 3:20am On Dec 23, 2023
Jones90:

We have heard bad stories involving people that informed their close friends of their next big move n plans. The guy need not to bother himself about this. Just keep somethings secret to yourself also, simple.
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by adonisuwa(m): 3:30am On Dec 23, 2023
I can very well relate to how you feel. Sometime early this year I got a call from my friend's mum, while we were discussing she told me my friend had left the country. And she went further to say why Am I even telling you, you know this already. She said that because she knew how close my friend and I was. We weren't just friends we were more like brothers. I could remember how we sat down at our favourite bar with a bottle of beer🍺, talked about our plans to leave the country together. I didn't bothered to call him since he didn't feel the need to inform me. Three months later he called me to inform me. Though I was very happy for him because it gave me hopes that our plans will work out fully. I raised my concern about him not telling me earlier. He had some explanations to my opinion doesn't excuse a 2 minutes call just to inform me. After that conversation I realised while I feel the need to know, my friend feels the opposite. I understand it was just a conflict of interest and my mind was just reacting like it should. It's normal for us to feel betrayed, but just deal with it how you can without letting it mess with your emotions and spoil a friendship. It's a win for them and also a win for the friendship. Six months later we sat down together as usual with a bottle of beer 🍻 and had conversation like old time. People are who they are, we can change that but can maybe learn to deal with people just as they are.
Peter532:

It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known at least.

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Omoapena(m): 4:01am On Dec 23, 2023
I understand how you feel, it hurt badly to see someone you are very pure at heart to, to have such impression about you, I will advise you limit things you discuss with him cox he's not seeing you as a friend.

He probably thought you won't be happy for him and that's why he kept it all to himself. Just distance yourself from him and focus on your progress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FURNITURE / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / Family Of 7 Burns To Death Ghana In House Fire(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.