Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend (32443 Views)

Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Akowonjo: Fire Service Trucks Arrive Burning House Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by BigYash: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
He was using you all along,all in the name of friendship. He was never your friend.. But try and attend,after that stop every communication with him. Don't eat or drink,when you go there please. Hold your drink when going ..

You could also tell him,you had plans for that very day already, if only he told you earlier..

10 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Sirhush(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
Do your own too. Atlist we dey copy good thing from our self. Abi. We move

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by DjBigMoni(m): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2023
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMEaNt MENtality

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Yaro you are just a friend!! Get that into your shallow brain

So you fed him... Must we know.. Ubanka

Atleast he invited you.. You should be grateful..
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Chazzyboy: 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2023
Congratulate him but this time shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by NoToPile: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
Even some siblings don't share such building information. They will tell you when it is completed, there are some things people generally like to keep to themselves/ their nuclear family here in naija

Pregnancy
House building
Japa plans etcetc.

Except you think he ripped you off somewhere it's not an issue.

He even told you about it after building right.

Me that the lady that practically acted as my chief brides maid got married without informing me nko, she later told me not to vex that it was very private she even had a baby I didn't hear, it was on her status I saw one year abi is it 6 months birthday it was when we were talking on phone another day and her child was disturbing her that I got to know she had a 2nd baby sef. It's even on her status I saw her husband's pix sef.

I didn't even get angry, maybe she had her reason I didn't know the circumstances of her wedding, though it seemed very small and her nuclear family stuff only. I understood because I am also a private person.

This life no hard oo, people have different reasons for what they do. Every mallam with him own kettle.

15 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by funstufz: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2023
If you have never been betrayed before, you will have enough reason to explain what the Op Was trying to say....

Recently a friend dupe another friend in need...

Life itself are in different phases...

7 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Error401: 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
That's not your friend bro, he might not tell u hes building, but you should have known directly from him, not through his status
You love him, he dosnet love u

Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.
It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Stevenbright(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Peter532:
I don't know if I should be angry or just smile and take it as it is. This is someone that I fed, I clothed despite us being closed friends since we were kids. He knows everything about me that my parents don't even know till dates..We could go to a gathering together and I will be the one ordering and paying for everything we bought even recently because I always acted like the big bro and he accepted I guess .. Just last week I saw it on his status about is house opening invite. I later got a dm from him that same evening telling me about it that I should come through.
It came as a surprise I admit, even though I know he was doing quite well for himself. I know some will call it entitlement mentality but since I considered we were close like a brother we even ate from same plate last 2weeks, I thought I should have known atleast.

Note: I noticed so many people will come in here to call me names, even some accusing me to be someone with bad motives and sort I smile. Not everyone has a evil mindset like you or some persons you know, It's just that when you expect so much from people you hold very close to your heart you might get disappointed and it hurts badly.

Especially when you know you can't do that same thing to that person. I only brought it out here because I wanted to know maybe I'm overreacting because I feel a deep level of betrayal but hey I am happy for him and I will attend the house opening tomorrow.

Don't take it in bad faith pls. He just didn't want to loose the benefits he gets from you as at then because he knows once you get to know about it, you will reconsider your niceties towards him. Just like you will likely do now.

It is just a game of life. Learn your lesson and move on in good faith!

9 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Nooner: 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
Peter532:

Na you wan do big bro and show off while the guy is planning silently, doesn’t mean he wishes you bad, retract and see how or what you may have done to make him not tell you about his ongoing project. Fault might be from you, even thought you feed him.. Abi your mouth no Dey close if them tell you small progress?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Rexymania(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
He does not trust you

3 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by ceasarebimodei(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
Op,God did not make the children of Israel pass through the wilderness for nothing, It is not in the land that is filled with milk and honey that you know who loves you. friendship is a relative term(you saw him as a close friend or brother, yet did he see you that way all the while?) You are still naive or too young..... you need more of such to make you wise at heart

3 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by flokii: 12:16am On Oct 29, 2023
@OP I know that feeling trust me.. that's how bad some people can be.
If you need favour tomorrow, that kind of friend will let you down, despite dinning with you.

Just overlook it and move on.. It's part of life experience to make you wiser.

4 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by intruder15(m): 1:26am On Oct 29, 2023
Peter532:

You feel hurt because if it was the other way round, he will be among the first people you will tell. You need to understand that people will not hold you to the high esteem you hold them in your heart. You are clearly not overreacting. It's human to feel the way you feel. What matters is how you manage the situation.

Let him know that e no try by keeping the process away from you. His reaction should guide your sense of judgement.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by YngDenzel1: 3:49am On Oct 29, 2023
He told you when it was completed right? What else do you want?

If it were me too I wouldn't have told you when it was going on. Why should I tell you? Are you an engineer, you dey do roofing? I mean do you offer any service I would need in the house?

Or I should tell you so we can gossip about it and you announce to the whole world say I dey build house? Who needs all that dramas?You no see how WizKid dey live?

Your friend build house, you no happy. You dey squeeze face say he no tell you when the building dey go on, the thing pain you to the extent you come table the matter for here? Because of people like you na make I no dey do friends. OTF

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by frozen70(f): 5:59am On Oct 29, 2023
Peter532:

In as much as you are happy with his house warming, just attend

But for him to hide such a project from
Then he played a smart one on you

Meanwhile, start keeping some things away from him but still maintain your relationships

5 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Manigie: 6:14am On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=Candidlady post=126660186]Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

Ihave seen people build houses or even leave the country without their parents knowing

Atleast he invited you.. You should be grateful.. [/quote)

Hmmmmm
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Bede2u(m): 6:19am On Oct 29, 2023
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

To be honest, I try to avoid people like you as a friend. People who believe that wanting them to treat you as good as you have treated them is 'entitlement'. If people treat you badly so that tomorrow they won't feel any entitlement from you, that is when you will understand how counter-productive this mindset is.

12 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Pallazzo: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2023
I have a friend that take me the way you take that your friend @OP, I can't even buy keke without informing him.

I understand how it hurts you, some people are like that. Now you know the kind of person he is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by seanwilliam(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2023
YngDenzel1:
He told you when it was completed right? What else do you want?

If it were me too I wouldn't have told you when it was going on. Why should I tell you? Are you an engineer, you dey do roofing? I mean do you offer any service I would need in the house?

Or I should tell you so we can gossip about it and you announce to the whole world say I dey build house? Who needs all that dramas?You no see how WizKid dey live?

Your friend build house, you no happy. You dey squeeze face say he no tell you when the building dey go on, the thing pain you to the extent you come table the matter for here? Because of people like you na make I no dey do friends. OTF
I can’t be a friend to someone like u..
You seem not to know how hurtful this can be especially from someone you hold on high esteem, someone u share things with, I mean someone you hold dear to heart..

When I was building mine, I carried my close friend along even though he’s not in the country( when he was traveling out, we both involved in the process and all that )… if you know the person is not worth being your friend, then break up the relationship… it doesn’t make sense knowing a friend’s secret and doings then hide yours.

Fine, you might have a genuine reason for doing that , but the any day I discover, knowing fully well that I share my secrets with you and take you as my brother , I’ll stop being your friend…

18 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by YngDenzel1: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2023
seanwilliam:

I can’t be a friend to someone like u..
You seem not to know how hurtful this can be especially from someone you hold on high esteem, someone u share things with, I mean someone you hold dear to heart..

When I was building mine, I carried my close friend along even though he’s not in the country( when he was traveling out, we both involved in the process and all that )… if you know the person is not worth being your friend, then break up the relationship… it doesn’t make sense knowing a friend’s secret and doings then hide yours.

Fine, you might have a genuine reason for doing that , but the any day I discover, knowing fully well that I share my secrets with you and take you as my brother , I’ll stop being your friend…

Oga go sleep.. na Una dem call monitoring spirit. No quote me again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by abuhusna1: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Some people like to show result and not the process. Myself included cos in the process things might go south and you will be embarrassed if you told people but showing result means it's done and nothing will happen again. Learn from this your friend too. He doesn't mean any arm

8 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by jkuvira: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bede2u:
To be honest, I try to avoid people like you as a friend. People who believe that wanting them to treat you as good as you have treated them is 'entitlement'. If people treat you badly so that tomorrow they won't feel any entitlement from you, that is when you will understand how counter-productive this mindset is.

As if it's a crime to be good to others. Goodness begets goodness, not something else.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by GboyegaD(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Well, considering that you guys are from same plate 2 weeks ago, I want to assume you guys are very close for him not to at least mention it.

I would suggest you talk to him about it. Let him know you are happy for him however, you are disappointed he never saw you as the brother you saw him. This is provided he's always been open with other things with you. If otherwise, that's his person and you should have known that.

5 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Anytinproperty1: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Uwaki in da daddi
Candidlady:
Men and their stupid entitleMENt MENtality

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Acidosis(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
You overrated/over estimated the extent of your friendship. Take the experience as a lesson.

There are many people like you who think they have friends simply because of how active and engaging they are with people. There are others who think they've got friends because, when they post, people tend to engage, like, comment, and share.

Technically, the man is not wrong for keeping the info from you. You just didn't estimate the depth of your friendship correctly.

Ignore the nonsense view that some people don't like to show off or inform people about ongoing projects. People who truly don't like to show off or involve friends in certain projects will not upload/invite the whole world to a house warming party on WhatsApp Status.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Lawly: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
You guy's mentality here scares me. If I have such friend, I will thank God on his behalf
and beg him to show me the way and help me also succeed.

I don't have such friend. Instead, I only have the types that want to run me completely down. One of them even logged into my banking apps and wiped out all my savings at a very critical time for me that he was very well aware and he ran away never to be seen. Some friends are easily purchased by your enemies to administer poison on your food and even some wives do same to their husbands.

Op maybe he noticed that you are very wasteful with money and you don't have saving culture and he has talked to you briefly about it but you shrubbed him off. He needed focus rather than letting you discourage him or it bringing issues between the two of you, or you fighting him from pursuing it out of envy, so he decided to do it anyway without your knowledge for peace to reign. TO ME, HE DID NOTHING WRONG. JUST SWALLOW UR PRIDE OF BEING HIS BIG BRO AND HUMBLE YOURSELF SO THAT HE CAN HELP YOU PROGRESS TOO. PLEASE DON'T BEHAVE LIKE VILLAGE PEOPLE.

4 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by juman(m): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
He did wrong by not telling you.
He defined the type of your friendship.

But you should remember that sometimes pastors or spiritualist may say dont tell any person anything you are doing.

Discuss it with him.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by juman(m): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
See many posts calling the OP many names.
You should ask yourself if your close friend do that to you how are you going to feel?

Certainly you would feel bad.
It shows as if he does not trust you. As if you may do bad thing toward him because you are not happy with his success.

2 Likes

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Duchessree(f): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
I don't see any issue here. All these show and tell relationship self!

1 Like

Re: He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend by Peter532: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
Skyview01:
I don't see any issue here. All these show and tell relationship self!
go sit down one place

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FURNITURE / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / How Many Rooms Can A 40x50 Plot Of Land Contain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.