Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week (34455 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Gifts Imo Traditional Rulers New Jeeps (Photos) / Governor Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by ogbe88(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2023
highchief1:
and he will never be.The Lp reps would have made some of us believed we made a mistake by not believing in Obi.but since all of them have proven to be the same.we were right on track with tinubu.1m Obi cannot scam me.I saw the signal clearly.
U have no sense, is Obi your president.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Teeboy06(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2023
May their mind no reach ground (Amen)

Okan gbogbo won o ni bale (amin)
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by highchief1: 11:26am On Oct 29, 2023
ogbe88:
U have no sense, is Obi your president.
goat is everything about president.So if Obi had won he won’t need legislators to function well abi.thinking Obi is Jesus part 2 shows how well ur brain is.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Alvin212(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2023
Houseofglam7:
Of course.
That’s why they fight tooth and nail to climb up that political ladder. Nothing else.
The masses?
What is the masses??

Calm down

If your sugar daddy is a senetor
Is he going to reject the car
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by highchief1: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2023
Calitoscassius:
They are just ignorant. LP are supposed to lead by example, by receiving these cars it means they are no difference from APC or PDP, LP have being trying to make the masses believe that it would not be business as ussual if People vote them in.. Sharing money and cars, but clearly they are agreeing with APC's policies of purchasing these cars. So what would they be opposing? If they are agreeing with APC sharing money and cars.. grin grin grin

They should have refused to accept those cars to show us that they are not a party of corruptions and money sharing. And that they mean business.

LP, ApC and PDP are all the same.

Now that they have collected their own shares of cars and money.. they will not complain anymore that APC are corrupt party or that Tifnubu didn't win elections. grin they have accepted that Tifnubu is the president and not OBi. They will also not complain about how APC run the country by making life hard for poor Naigerians.. it is ironic isn't it?

anybody stl talking about LP should be stoned to death.even their papa Obi has gone into hiding.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by JaySmart4422: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2023
I love what is happening in Nigeria
The poor will continue to labour while politicians eat to the full
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Bluffly: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

You just affirm my insinuations. It shows that if LP is the house 100% you will give this same excuse for them. Why can't they be different from the onset and we will understand that PDP/APC is the problem. But they won't it is common thing to lie to people just to earn power.

It is not an excuse anyways but the fact. We see it everyday. Those in LP are only playing to the gallery.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Blaze14k: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
highchief1:
and he will never be.The Lp reps would have made some of us believed we made a mistake by not believing in Obi.but since all of them have proven to be the same.we were right on track with tinubu.1m Obi cannot scam me.I saw the signal clearly.

So in essence tinubu is also scamming u buh u prefer his own type of scam. Lemme tell u something, this exactly were these politicians want us to be.. busy fighting ourselves while we make there work alot easier. By the time u realize what is happening it's too late. People like you will be caught of guard cos u have no single clue what is happening
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bluffly:

It is not an excuse anyways but the fact. We see it everyday. Those in LP are only playing to the gallery.

So if you can beat them, then join them abi😁😁😁 well done.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by lhurd: 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/N160bn-SUVs-Reps-take-delivery-senators-await-luxury-jeeps-this-week
Please what happened to the ones they purchased 4 years ago? Are those not properties of the nass again?
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by slowice(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
highchief1:
so Obi is not a thief?NAwa for una sha.so do u actually believe hushpuppy is the highest fraud star.why do u think na only dog when dem see sheet for em mouth Dey eat sheet.LP rep members and senators behavior for the National Assembly so far no Dey shock u?how una take even Dey.

If we check well now you vote a known thief, you don't want a better Nigeria, you just want to able to say "they are all the same" without guilt. You kind is worse these criminals you vote into power.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by slowice(m): 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
highchief1:
u don’t have shame at all.what u have just said is if u cannot beat them u join them.are u aware?are u educated?What does checks and balances mean to u?So they went there to accept Everything?even the ones that will destroy their constituents?una get mind sha.

If it's approved by law it becomes lawful. LP lawmakers will not do anything different in that house whether they accept the car or not... If you desire change than join the advocates of change to pursue excellence and stop supporting criminals from your tribes. You want them to act different meanwhile you keep supporting criminals.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
loswhite:
Define looting? If you work in a company amd your official pay is 20 million naira, can you call that looting? Did you make the law for the company to pay you 20 million? It is your official pay. Yes it is looting since they have called out those in office before on that ground.

Definition of morals is subjective as stated by John f Kennedy. What you see as morals to you may not be morals to another person.
Are you now saying LP moral definition is fluid so as to justify the looting called salary?

The pay of senator is not determined by LP house of rep members and rejecting the pay will not impact or change anything .
This shows you don't have enough information on who determines it. Salary and wages commission prescription is about 300% of their basic salary which is less than 7m but they opt for 160m which is over 3000%. How come not even 1 LP legislator can say this is illegal? Are you saying that majority can't be wrong?

If you want change then you must call out all senators after all they are representing humans like you. I am sure the senator representing you is not from LP party....lol. You never attacked the senator representing your constituency but you are attacking LP. Charity begins at home.

Funny enough the rep from my area is an LP member which we were all banking on that he's going to change the narrative but I was surprised that he's among the first set to receive the SUV.

That's is the moral. If you have read animal farm you will understand that LP member is behaving like Napoleon who are against Squealer but continue the same act and justify it with your explanation above.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by slowice(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

You just affirm my insinuations. It shows that if LP is the house 100% you will give this same excuse for them. Why can't they be different from the onset and we will understand that PDP/APC is the problem. But they won't it is common thing to lie to people just to earn power.

You don't need LP to be 100% in the house to make a difference... Even apc can be different if the change is people driven. Strong institution is what we lack and as long as we have that in place things we never change and people will continue to exploit their weakness and that of our laws and use it against us. We have a foundational problem that have made it impossible to have a good head in power. If the head is rotten, the body too will smell.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Bluffly: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

So if you can beat them, then join them abi😁😁😁 well done.
Till you become a Senator, look for me and prove that you were different in totality.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
slowice:

You don't need LP to be 100% in the house to make a difference... Even apc can be different if the change is people driven. Strong institution is what we lack and as long as we have that in place things we never change and people will continue to exploit their weakness and that of our laws and use it against us. We have a foundational problem that have made it impossible to have a good head in power. If the head is rotten, the body too will smell.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If at least, few LP members we have now made a different stance, we can call for more and use them as the model. But they have disappear with the crowd in few weeks they are there. So what encouragement are they offering?
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bluffly:

Till you become a Senator, look for me and prove that you were different in totality.

I don't need to become a senator before effecting change. With this little I'm doing to keep the referenced to their initial starting point is enough if others that voted them can speak out about it and NLC and other civil society call an action against it.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Houseofglam7(f): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Alvin212:

Calm down

If your sugar daddy is a senetor
Is he going to reject the car
You could air your opinion as well but alas!!! You have to show the world your disability!!!
Bye 👋 kiddo.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
tesppidd:
Be rest assured Ministers and Aides will get theirs too, albeit codedly.

In the face of unprecedented hardship and poverty, Agbadorians who live in batcher houses and cannot afford one meal in a day would tell you;

*Let us join hands and pray and support this government.
*Now that Tinubu has won, let us wish the government well.
*Let us tighten our belt, it's not the fault of this present government.
*Giive the government a chance, they need time to fix the country.

What has the few LP members done differently?
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Houseofglam7:

You could air your opinion as well but alas!!!
You have to show the world your disability!!!
Bye 👋 kiddo.

The bolded is brilliant. You don need the other line so you won't descend into his level.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Houseofglam7(f): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

The bolded is brilliant. You don need the other line so you won't descend into his level.
Thank you.
I usually don’t respond to mentions but I just had to 😩😫😩😩
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Mrpojj(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
NuCypher:
The greed of the average Nigerian poliitican continues to shine through, even more surprisingly those of LP lawmakers that were supposed to be the defining example for a new democracy. I have no hesitation in saying that, had the outcome of the presidential elections swung Obi's way, we will not have seen a difference. Lawmakers will still award fat salaries and luxurious gifts to themselves, while the sitting president, Obi, watches in compliance. What can he do? Absolutely nothing. The rot is so deep it will take years and years to clean. That's certain, and even an Obi can barely show any determination to clean it.

Nigerian is on an irreparable course to self-destruct based on the current actions of its political class. Evidence of that has already started showing in the short term. In the long term, the result is eventual economic and political tsunamis with no parallel.
Wetin labour law maker do u?
Most of them are going there for the first time,
We heard stories of okada riders winning election, do u think such person doesn't need a car?(my angers remains the amount)
Most of them are first timers that mAy not be able to afford Abuja accomodations....
My issues is with those that have been there for more than 15 years and collect new cars every single time
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Mrpojj(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=tunwumi post=126673661]Normal

You can imagine that the so called saint LP have quietly collected theirs without noise and you will think APC/PDP is the problem [/quote ]
So an okada rider that won election in labor party should take his okada to abuja abi?
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Alvin212(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2023
Houseofglam7:

You could air your opinion as well but alas!!! You have to show the world your disability!!!
Bye 👋 kiddo.

Enjoy with your sugar daddy
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Bluffly: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

I don't need to become a senator before effecting change. With this little I'm doing to keep the referenced to their initial starting point is enough if others that voted them can speak out about it and NLC and other civil society call an action against it.
Are you fair in paying that welder, mechanic, plumber, that you engage or you undercut what you give to them
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by slowice(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

That's exactly what I'm saying. If at least, few LP members we have now made a different stance, we can call for more and use them as the model. But they have disappear with the crowd in few weeks they are there. So what encouragement are they offering?

You have to understand that unlike political parties in the US, ours have no strong idealogies they tilt to. Peter Obi is the incorruptible one not LP and as long as hes not the president those LP lawmakers may not act differently from the rest. They got elected off his name and popularity and may have nothing really to offer just like the rest. Since they are in the minority, blending in will look nice to them
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Bro.

How that side?

Are you settled now?
yes broda.i don settle well.Na to find one serious oyibo marry now o.greetings
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by success1smyn(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
tesppidd:
We need to keep all sentiments aside, and live our lives and better ourselves and loved ones.

But I still wouldn't mind Yes Yes Yes, it will make sense to me....for anyone who goes to the extreme;;

If the government can acquire 160 million naira vehicles for lawmakers,,

Same for ministers and the record high number of aides and political appointees..

At such a time of unprecedented hunger, poverty, inflation, suffering...

Imagine buying fuel, gas and basic food materials at 500 percent increase!!!

Not this country but the government and it's officials.
Yes woe betide this government and it's officials, wish doom for these government officials.

Curse to this government.

Yes Yes Yes all day, 365 days a year and 366 a leap year.

Ok sir.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tunwumi: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
slowice:

You have to understand that unlike political parties in the US, ours have no strong idealogies they tilt to. Peter Obi is the incorruptible one not LP and as long as hes not the president those LP lawmakers may not act differently from the rest. They got elected off his name and popularity and may have nothing really to offer just like the rest. Since they are in the minority, blending in will look nice to them

It means LP is a trash as well if they are blend of the same system. And for the saint Obi, too I am sure a tree don't make a forest. It would have been interesting to see how "saint" he can get. Smh
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by nairalanda1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
The fun part of this thread is seeing LP members defend their senators acceptance of the car.

Meanwhile, this same people will rightly condemn the corruption of this APC government

Anyway, that is why Nigerians will never see change.
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by Kingbuhari(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
Nigerians will rather commit suicide than to protest

Cowards full this country
Re: ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week by tesppidd: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
tunwumi:

What has the few LP members done differently?
Nothing..

The are insensitive iidiots as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier, 3 Others Feared Dead In Rivers / Aisha Buhari & Toyin Saraki At Heathrow Airport Waiting For Flight To Abuja / Agbaje, Doherty Compete For Lagos PDP Governorship Ticket (Ongoing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.