Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Fasting Is A Weapon Of War - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting Is A Weapon Of War (9512 Views)

When People Say That The Bible Was A Weapon In The Hands Of Colonialists / Fasting Is Incredible. Are You A Sinner? Do This! / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Olarewaju89: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
NwaNimo1:
I fast daily from 7pm to 7am.......

...then i have 'break-fast'

grin grin

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by jaxxy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
PureFace1:
You guys should keep deluding yourselves

Ask Israel what is an effective weopon of war between fasting and Guns and fighter jet.

You will just die of hunger while your fake god watch you starve to death.

every era abd generation had its practices and level of civilisation so all these weird comparison is unnecessary. Lol
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by GodHimself: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
Your ignorance ridden opinion means nothing to me.

Bluezy13:

In this particular way.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Bluezy13(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
GodHimself:
Your opinion means nothing to me.

Then it was nonsensical of you to mention me.

1 Like

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:
cool

Fasting is very powerful spiritual activity, done by all Religion and also Atheist

You deprive yourself of nutrients and food, your body starts feeding off fat, and toxin burning them down for energy

You have more mental clearity

And all energy used in digestion is retained

Even the witches do fast too

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=Kingjbase post=126680392][/quote]

Even the witches do fast too
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bluezy13:
Fasting is a weapon of starvation.

God created food as a necessity to maintain your body, you are depriving your body...a perfect creation of God, that necessary requirement that God created for it in order to please the same God.
How does that make sense

Also,
If God created man and the same God created food.
And everything created by God is good.
Tell me: why should man deprive himself of God's goodness (food) in order to please God ?

It then follows that if deprivation of food is necessary to be closer to God, then either:
Food is not good.
Man is not good.
Or God is not good.

If any of the above is the case, then God did NOT create a good thing. God is imperfect.

[color=#550000][/color]an intelligent agent of darkness spotted
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by MS247: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
PureFace1:

The ironic thing is you are even insulting yourself with your comment.

The Bible and Christianity you guys follow today was it not introduce to you by slave masters ?

Am not a Christian to start with
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by 4KNGOATS(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
geoworldedu:
an ignoramus pointing accusing finger at someone more knowledgeable than his religious generation. These religionists won't stop to amaze me. undecided
Sorry oo ITK na for only Zooland u fit form local champion mumu
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Offpoint1:
All these spiritual folks always thing in order to connect to God, you'll need to suffer grin

Why can't I just wake up and say "Dear God! I need this and he does it?"

Why must I pray for years, starve, cry, beg before he does this or that?

Imagine my earthly father made me do all these before he gives me what I asked of him... How do you describe that kind of father?

There's something wrong honestly, billions of brainwashed folks are just too shit scared to ask questions.

What if all your religious books were inspired by the devil to subtly paint God bad?

Remember one thing. God is not man. But hes a spiritual being. And in order for you to connect with him, you must be in spirit, so one must decide to kill the pleasures and passions of the flesh to be in the spirit. That's how its works. This are principles that one must abide in to be a strongman
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
Righteousness2:
Fasting is an ingrideient for anyone who desires to be in charge spirtually and physically.

If you desire your spirit man which is the real you to be alive, you must engage in spiritual exercises

Just as you feed your flesh when you are hungry.
You need to also feed the spirit man else you a free food for the devil and his agents .
The Spirit man does not feed on burger, pizza, agege bread or chicken.

The Spirit man feeds on fasting , praying, reading the Word of God, etc
There are fastings that you engage in that even when you feel weak or tired to pray, your spirit man prays . That is because you have given it it's food.

To be carnal is death.
To be spiritual is life.

Fasting that makes sense is one that is done in Holiness and righteousness, else you will only be engaging in weight loss program.

Perfect write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Outside of trying to lose weight or practice self control and discipline, starving your body of vital nourishment is a religious scam that will change nothing else in your reality.
Another agent spotted
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kingjbase: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
diamondbody:
Why do you Christian's lack sense like this? How is fasting a weapon of war? War against who? What a dummy you and your source are
Your ignorance will eventually destroy you
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by geoworldedu: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Sorry oo ITK na for only Zooland u fit form local champion mumu
See this oponu dey talk like champion. And if you check the size of his brain, na just the square root of the size of his ever-sleeping pennis.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by GodHimself: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
Another opinion that means nothing to me.

Bluezy13:

The it was nonsensical of you to mention me.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by TemmywhiteJ(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
By their words you shall know them! Just some few questions !
Where do you go when you die ?
Did you know when you was been conceived before your birth
How sensitive do you think you can imagine the day and night
Can you differentiate the mystery and between been asleep and been awake
Can you translate dream and real life you will know that there is God. Hallelujah
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by finallybusy: 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
I fast when broke. If money dey, I dey chop scatter. I don't need any man-made set of rules to tell me how to live life.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by GodHimself: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Scientifically, fasting helps the body keep healthy.

Too much eating is not good for the body.

kpakpandoN:
There was this man called Mordecai — Esther’s uncle. There was also Haman – an officer of the king, who hated Mordecai. Haman expected everybody to bow to him, but Mordecai wouldn’t bow to anybody except God. Haman decided to hang him and destroy his people completely. Haman got the king to sign the death warrant of all the Israelites.

When Mordecai heard of the decree from the king, he went to Esther, who was then the queen, for help. Esther replied in Esther 4:1-17 that they should all fast, and then she would go and see the king. They fasted for just three days and things began to change from that point. By the time we got to Esther 5:1-6, Esther appeared before the king without being summoned and the first result of the fasting was that instead of the king asking her to be killed, he spared her life. Fasting can change death to life.

The next thing that happened is that Esther found unusual favour before the king The king told Esther that though he is yet to know what she wants, but she should consider it granted already, even up to half of his kingdom. When you fast, you get more than you ask for. By the time we get to Esther 6, the king couldn’t sleep until he honoured Mordecai. A good deed that Mordecai did many years previously, which had been forgotten, made the king restless until it was repaid. When you take fasting seriously, all your past benefits that you have been denied can be brought forward and handed over to you.

In Esther 7, the enemy of the entire nation became completely uprooted, and then in Esther 8, the house of Haman was given over to Esther. Proverbs 13:22 says that the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the just; do you think the wicked will let go of his wealth easily? You get it by fasting and praying. Wealth changes hands when you fast. Mordecai also got promoted because promotion comes from God (Psalm 75:6-7), and since fasting draws you closer to God, it leads to promotion.

Finally, in Esther 8:3-17, the Jews were saved from destruction, and the Bible also says all the people around became Jews because they were afraid of the Jews. Fasting is a powerful weapon of warfare. Begin to use this weapon from today.

Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by CoronaVirusPro: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2023

Did Israel fast to wage war?

Has the US ever fasted to wage wars?

When have your heard that Russians are fasting to wage war?

Stupidity! Starving yourself because you don't want to confront the physical.

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Lacox: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
phemmyfour:
The question is "Do you know how to fast"? A lot of Christians don't know the difference between hunger strike and fasting. Fasting isn't just about abstaining from food

Nigga You’re slow

#You don price

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Bluezy13(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
GodHimself:
Another opinion that means nothing to me.

Because you're nothing
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Bluezy13(m): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kingjbase:

[color=#550000][/color]an intelligent agent of darkness spotted

😂😂😂
Intelligent agent of darkness abi?

1 Like

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by 4KNGOATS(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
geoworldedu:

See this oponu dey talk like champion. And if you check the size of his brain, na just the square root of the size of his ever-sleeping pennis.
Oloshi senseless goat
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by GodHimself: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
the exact amount of intellect demonstrated in your initial post.

Bluezy13:

Because you're nothing
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by TheWinterBird(f): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
Amen
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by judedwriter(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
Fasting is the greatest way to release spiritual power by faith for the miraculous.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by AntiChristian: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:

Jesus said in Mathew 17:21 that there are some kind of miracles, signs and wonders that His followers won't experience or perform until they fast and pray.
Ephesians 6:12 says we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against power of darkness

Was Jesus involved in Ephesians?
Did Jesus fasted for super miracles?
Why did Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights?
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by geoworldedu: 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Oloshi senseless goat
Ewu Gambia. Ordinary goat meat like you.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by ComeToJesus: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bluezy13:
Fasting is a weapon of starvation.

God created food as a necessity to maintain your body, you are depriving your body...a perfect creation of God, that necessary requirement that God created for it in order to please the same God.
How does that make sense

Also,
If God created man and the same God created food.
And everything created by God is good.
Tell me: why should man deprive himself of God's goodness (food) in order to please God ?

It then follows that if deprivation of food is necessary to be closer to God, then either:
Food is not good.
Man is not good.
Or God is not good.

If any of the above is the case, then God did NOT create a good thing. God is imperfect.

"The carnal man does not understand spiritual things. It is foolishness unto him"
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
4KNGOATS:

An ignorant skunk spotted
He is actually right about your starvation diets being nothing of that required by God. undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Prayers are answered beyond your expectations as a result of fasting.
That is a bloody lie! undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Outside of trying to lose weight or practice self control and discipline, starving your body of vital nourishment is a religious scam that will change nothing else in your reality.
Indeed it is, a scam! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Satisfy Your Spiritual Thirst / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? / Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.