Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Fasting Is A Weapon Of War - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting Is A Weapon Of War (9492 Views)

When People Say That The Bible Was A Weapon In The Hands Of Colonialists / Fasting Is Incredible. Are You A Sinner? Do This! / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Oboto700(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
Babastrong:
Peter
Obi
fasted
for
40days
before
the
election
yet
he
lost
the
election
and
came
distance
third.
WAS
TINUBU
FASTED
THAN
OBI
TO
WIN
THE
ELECTION?
If obi truely fasted 40days dry.. he would have won.. don't be foolish
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Bluezy13(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
ComeToJesus:

"The carnal man does not understand spiritual things. It is foolishness unto him"

You understand spiritual things but you remain stupid.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Bluezy13(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
GodHimself:
the exact amount of intellect demonstrated in your initial post.

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Dhammy2023(f): 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2023
4KNGOATS:

An ignorant skunk spotted
I swear
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by GodHimself: 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
I enjoyed the banter.
Have a great week.

Bluezy13:

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Josywhyte: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Anybody that is fasting and praying for our leaders to make this country better should be taken to a mental hospital for check up.
I no go fit fast for this hard time like this o! Baba I no go dey H still come dey fast join. Haba....even God sef go vex for me for trying that.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Josywhyte: 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:
cool

Fasting is very powerful spiritual activity, done by all Religion and also Atheist

You deprive yourself of nutrients and food, your body starts feeding off fat, and toxin burning them down for energy

You have more mental clearity

For this hard time u still dey fast?

And all energy used in digestion is retained

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Josywhyte:
Anybody that is fasting and praying for our leaders to make this country better should be taken to a mental hospital for check up. I no go fit fast for this hard time like this o! Baba I no go dey H still come dey fast join. Haba....even God sef go vex for me for trying that.
Anyone doing starvation-diets believing God is pleased with such ritual needs to be taken to a mental hospital for a checkup. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Oboto700:
If obi truely fasted 40days dry.. he would have won.. don't be foolish
Dey deceive yourself! undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Flame77: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
NwaNimo1:
I fast daily from 7pm to 7am.......

...then i have 'break-fast'

Then you have lunch, then you have dinner and then the fasting begins after dinner.

Odiegwu indeed.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Babastrong(m): 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=Oboto700 post=126684789]If obi truely fasted 40days dry.. he would have won.. don't be foolish[it is a foolishness of highest order to conclude he didn't fast.]
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Josywhyte: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Anyone doing starvation-diets believing God is pleased with such ritual needs to be taken to a mental hospital for a checkup. undecided

I swear
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Yoyo99(m): 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
smiley[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Fasting IS not a mechanism for deprivation pf good things but as a vérifiable tools to clear your paths and ease ones journée.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
Yoyo99:
smiley
Fasting IS not a mechanism for deprivation pf good things but as a vérifiable tools to clear your paths and ease ones journée.
Stop telling yourselves these lies. All starvation diets do is cause you to loose weight and hopefully become more disciplined were food consumption is concerned. undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:37am On Oct 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is a bloody lie! undecided
If you don't believe in your prayers
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Oct 30, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
If you don't believe in your prayers
Praying to God? Do you mean as God commands in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15, or the rituals you engage in in your church traditions? undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:00am On Oct 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying to God? Do you mean as God commands in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15, or the rituals you engage in in your church traditions? undecided
Your prayers have nothing to do with rituals or Church traditions
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Oct 30, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
■ Your prayers have nothing to do with rituals or Church traditions
Well, I don't believe in my prayers. Rather, it is God in whom I believe in and He said that He only answers the prayers of those who are Righteous. He never said it is only when the righteous starve themselves of food that he answers them neither did He suggest that going on a diet will cause Him to answer one especially since He answers ALL—not some—of the prayers of the righteous. undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by mauriceju2(m): 2:34am On Oct 30, 2023
the unbelievers here can help themselves with the link below as they are not the first unbelievers
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=former+marine+kindom+agent
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Oct 30, 2023
mauriceju2:
the unbelievers here can help themselves with the link below as they are not the first unbelievers
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=former+marine+kindom+agent
You do realize that once you begin believing in this hogwash, you are no different from a mentally ill ignorant person who is likely to end up in an asylum if care is not taken! undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by egopersonified(f): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Offpoint1:
All these spiritual folks always thing in order to connect to God, you'll need to suffer grin

Why can't I just wake up and say "Dear God! I need this and he does it?"

Why must I pray for years, starve, cry, beg before he does this or that?

Imagine my earthly father made me do all these before he gives me what I asked of him... How do you describe that kind of father?

There's something wrong honestly, billions of brainwashed folks are just too shit scared to ask questions.

What if all your religious books were inspired by the devil to subtly paint God bad?

If we are actually sincere with ourselves, is food really something to worry about when you need consecration? How about fasting from lies, from friends, from social media, from excessive spending, etc so our minds can stay on God.
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
egopersonified:
■ If we are actually sincere with ourselves, is food really something to worry about when you need consecration? How about fasting from lies, from friends, from social media, from excessive spending, etc so our minds can stay on God.
First you need to understand what sin in fact is where God is concerned as your list seems to comprise instead of ideas fed to you by your mogs and pastors. Next would be understanding of consecration itself and how "fasting" any single idea does not count towards that where God is concerned. undecided
Re: Fasting Is A Weapon Of War by SUPERBLOOM(f): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2023
Manofsteel2013:
Nigeria needs it too.
Man you followed me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact? / The Prophet Mohammed Practised Thighing On His Child Bride,Aishaa,,?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.