Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,121 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints (44218 Views)

Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles At Tincan, Apapa, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / 16 Tips For Safe And Cordial Relationship At Checkpoints – Nigeria Police Force / Lady Refuses To Alight And Apologize After Bashing A Man's Car At Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Stubborn82: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lie.....not only in South East, they do this also when coming to Abuja, and they are not army, they are NDLEA they search people and vehicles for drugs etc

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by raskymonojendor: 8:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
Omalicious1:

I hope they also do same in the North East

Of course they do in Boko Haram areas.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
he hasn't do anything illegal, but charity begins at home, and it's terrible that he has ibom tithe payers but choose to talk about Israeli crises and left his ibo tithe payers

ibo paying tithe is not by force, they can chose not to pay tithe

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by ebenholer2(m): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
Since u folks want it then u are getting it…no two way about it. Such will continue till u all align with the peacefully constituted authority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Superwave16320: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
If that is the case how come it is the foolish Igbo among them that are creating senseless thread like this on NL ?

I have been to Lagos airport n was asked to come down for stop n search why can fools from your region cine down like every other Nigerian to be searched ?!

MasterJayJay:

This one thinks every traveller on roads in southeast is Igbo. All tribes that go through those roads are subjected to such cruel treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Austineva(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

Abeg, find food chop...! tongue
I hope u won't come here to cry us a River wen we start dealing with them abi, watch out
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Sleekfingers: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
That's good

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
he hasn't do anything illegal, but charity begins at home, and it's terrible that he has ibom tithe payers but choose to talk about Israeli crises and left his ibo tithe payers

you leave tinubu that you suppose to call you are calling a pastor not to pray for ibo but to talk on soldiers killing ibo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by aQUINandmore: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
more like it.

When you need sheik Gumi , Pastor Adeboye, and other men of God to lend their voices to the evil going on in South East Nigeria, they won't, they would prefer talking about Palestine and Israel
so chimamada adichie and dem obi ezekwesili are not permitted to lend their voices to the happenings in the East?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
deji17:

FG should secure, and save us from IPO, ESN etc, , No, FG is choking us .
Stick to one blackmail and stop gaslighting the FG.
I have always called for the dismantling of the criminals in the name of freedom fighters, I have always called on the FG to go after them.
It doesn't mean you should be tormenting South Easterners.

Whatever happens to intelligence gathering?.

Gather intelligence about their operation, go after them where ever they are. Arrest and prosecute them to the fullest, Stop making life unbearable for us
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Superwave16320: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
As you are seeing this info you can on your own volition chose not to pass the road.

Generalmystic:
This is madness. Why not block the road entirely so that we we will know that the someone won't pass the road again
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by davillian(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnzuOywXBU?si=2-ZD_6DYS12atdCY

WAR ZONE? In South-East, Army is forcing travellers to come down from vehicles at checkpoints

https://www.icirnigeria.org/war-zone-in-south-east-army-is-forcing-travellers-to-come-down-from-vehicles-at-checkpoints/
Who ever is taking these pictures just thank God say those mad soldiers no catch you abeg no try am again ......
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by iyke2frankeze: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
This particular road is a den for kidnappers. Anything to reduce kidnapping along that root is welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by udemzyudex(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
shebi na there Ipob dey?. Unless you want to have all of us belief that every Igbo man and woman is Ipob

Well na security measures, everyone is a suspect.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
aQUINandmore:
so chimamada adichie and dem obi ezekwesili are not permitted to lend their voices to the happenings in the East?
I never said so. Understand the context I mentioned those two people. They were at the forefront of championing Israeli and Palestinian course, while Nigeria is in crises
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
I have always called for the dismantling of the criminals in the name of freedom fighters, I have always called on the FG to go after them.

Gather intelligence about their operation, go after them where ever they are. Arrest and prosecute them to the fullest, Stop making life unbearable for us

why should adeboye a pastor talk about killings of ibo
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by NSK4U(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
When they are repayed by the gunmen, they turn to armless citizens for revenge, what then is cowardly
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by SmartyPants(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:

This one thinks every traveller on roads in southeast is Igbo. All tribes that go through those roads are subjected to such cruel treatment.

There's nothing cruel about it. As one of such other tribes who frequently travels to the east, yes it is inconvenient but it is understandable based on the prevailing security situation.

The mode of operation of the gunmen in this part is such that they drive Sienna's to attack officers and such can hardly be distinguished from regular civilan vehicles. Thus, to preempt attacks everybody comes down.

The elderly are usually excluded. Don't you think you are being unreasonable by calling a short 2 minute walk cruelty??
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

you leave tinubu that you suppose to call you are calling a pastor not to pray for ibo but to talk on soldiers killing ibo
I've always called on the president to do his best and see to it that normalcy is restored, I have reiterated the context I mentioned those two
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Superwave16320: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
It is the best way Nigeria army are train n it should be used across Nigeria till there is beta training till then make your Igbo papa de raising him hand anything he pass the road

Generalmystic:
Because this uncivilized measure happened in Port Harcourt, it should be allowed to happen elsewhere
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by MasterJayJay: 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
Superwave16320:
If that is the case how come it is the foolish Igbo among them that are creating senseless thread like this on NL ?

I have been to Lagos airport n was asked to come down for stop n search why can fools from your region cine down like every other Nigerian to be searched ?!

Comparing airport to other roads shows the stupidity of your reasoning.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
I never said so. Understand the context I mentioned those two people. They were at the forefront of championing Israeli and Palestinian course, while Nigeria is in crises

if they chose to talk isreal why must he also talk about ibo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

ibo paying tithe is not by force, they can chose not to pay tithe
he's their shepherd, their welfare should be his priority and not that of Israel
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by SAMBARRY: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
atiku4President:
They only thing they are good at doing.
some clowns Will still blame tinubu.them go say Na Tinubu cause am

How person go dey wicked to your own people thinking you're Peppering another person.smh
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Ogazii: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Me in particular I have experienced it along Enugu umuahia express way
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Monsignor22: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnzuOywXBU?si=2-ZD_6DYS12atdCY

WAR ZONE? In South-East, Army is forcing travellers to come down from vehicles at checkpoints

https://www.icirnigeria.org/war-zone-in-south-east-army-is-forcing-travellers-to-come-down-from-vehicles-at-checkpoints/

That particular road has been a den of kidnappers (mostly of Fulani extraction) in the past few years, so while I understand your very much justified sentiments considering the siege-like military checkpoint drama that has always pervaded the SE, it's absolutely necessary that every security measures are put in place on those dangerous roads to nip kidnappings in the bud.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by deji17: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:

A situation where locals are harbouring the criminals, intelligence gathering becomes a challenge and the fight becomes a guerilla one. When you go after criminals, innocent people may be affected in the process and there could be unintended consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by conyema12(m): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
What else do you expect from inexperienced, quota-laden military men. Even their higher ranked officers are also inexperienced.
All they know how to do is molesting civilians.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by MasterJayJay: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
SmartyPants:

There's nothing cruel about it. As one of such other tribes who frequently travels to the east, yes it is inconvenient but it is understandable based on the prevailing security situation.

The mode of operation of the gunmen in this part is such that they drive Sienna's to attack officers and such can hardly be distinguished from regular civilan vehicles. Thus, to preempt attacks everybody comes down.

The elderly are usually excluded.
And the driver will come down, the car will drive itself?
That's a lame preventive measure.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
I've always called on the president to do his best and see to it that normalcy is restored, I have reiterated the context I mentioned those two

good

you made two good point

1 you said you already called on tinubu because he has constitutional power to stop soldiers
2 adeboye should talk on ibos because he talk about israel

what constitutional power did adeboye have to stop soldiers
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Miracle2020: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
Our motto is " you do anyhow you see anyhow"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) / Inside Kola Aluko’s Seized Galactica Star Superyacht That Just Sold For ₦15B / Asaba: Vehicles Submerged In Mud Water As Flood Ravages Nnebisi Road (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.