Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints (44176 Views)

Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles At Tincan, Apapa, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / 16 Tips For Safe And Cordial Relationship At Checkpoints – Nigeria Police Force / Lady Refuses To Alight And Apologize After Bashing A Man's Car At Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Monsignor22: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
he's their shepherd, their welfare should be his priority and not that of Israel
You really take a rogue and crook like Adeboye seriously? someone's whose church has been rocked with of all sorts of embarrassing scandals lately including his pastors involved in rapes and human organ harvesting, my guy wake up o! all these so called men of God are criminals on the altar.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
deji17:

A situation where locals are harbouring the criminals, intelligence gathering becomes a challenge and the fight becomes a guerilla one. When you go after criminals, innocent people may be affected in the process and there could be unintended consequences.
which evidence do you have that the locals are harbouring the criminals?. If the locals are not giving information to the military, then the military should search their conscience if they have found themselves worthy,. They should go back to the drawing board, amend their relationship
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by jrusky(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
Pls why are my people complaining pls just tell me

You have be standing against Nigeria as country before and after independence till date for absolutely no reason and you think all these damn annoying shit won't happen

3 days ago Ekpa openly said he will kill Uzodinma till this very moment no single igbo man or woman condemn such strong statement in 21st century, pls truth is bitter despite i'm not in supporting of the millitary action but unfortunately if that is the way to stop ipob, esn, ekpa and other killers it's welcome since none of you want to speak up against their activities.

With all evidence against ipo, esn and Ekpa that cursed cat-voice motherfucker called obi came out openly to say ipob are his family and friends till this moment no igbo alive or death criticised him but they are using all power fighting Tinubu, pls can Atiku say Boko Haram are his family and same SE won't call for his head?

Pls truth hurt but truth is truth....
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Gucciswaz: 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
okoro:
Tinubu is not Buhari that will take nonsense from the IPOB terrorists
it seems that u need urgent brain donation.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

if they chose to talk isreal why must he also talk about ibo
I know you're a dimwitted troll
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

why should adeboye a pastor talk about killings of ibo
Dimwitted troll
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
he's their shepherd, their welfare should be his priority and not that of Israel

where is this in the Constitution

if he wish he may not care about ibos welfare

he is not forcing them to pay and not part of constitution says you should as a pastor check welfare of ibos
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by aQUINandmore: 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
I never said so. Understand the context I mentioned those two people. They were at the forefront of championing Israeli and Palestinian course, while Nigeria is in crises
alright sir.
But me thinks these prominent south esterners aren't saying or doing enough about the happenings in the south east, they would rather talk about Lagos.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by HitlerWasRight: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:
What else do you expect from a miltary that lacks intelligence?

One of the objectives of the average Nigerian army is to punish innocent civilians.

Like in Gaza abi
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
Dimwitted troll

you now resulted to insult

why should adeboye talk about killings of ibo
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by comrChris(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
The first time I witnessed this was when I traveled to abakaliki, the border between Enugu and Ebonyi,you will see heavy police men doing this,then at ezzamgbo,before you enter abakaliki, you will meet another heavy military check point doing the same thing.

This nonsense started during COVID-19 lockdown, after the lockdown,these useless people refused to stop but now using it to make money. If you get to the checkpoints, it's either the driver settles them with 100 which he will collect from the passengers or he will discharge everybody.

It has become very frustrating for travelers and money making machine for the military and police men. I'm always angry anytime I ply that road and wondered why Ebonyi State government under Dave Umahi then and Enugu State government allowed this madness to continue till now.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by deji17: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
which evidence do you have that the locals are harbouring the criminals?. If the locals are not giving information to the military, then the military should search their conscience if they have found themselves worthy,. They should go back to the drawing board, amend their relationship

If you are asking me for evidence, then you are not ready to be honest about the situation on ground. Have a nice week ahead. Hopefully, they let you work on a Monday!
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by HitlerWasRight: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
Generalmystic:
Because this uncivilized measure happened in Port Harcourt, it should be allowed to happen elsewhere

Now you are witnessing just a tiny tip of what Palestinians have been facing for decades and you are crying.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by alizma: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
chiiraq802:
Terrorism don finish Northern Nigeria bt na for Southern Nigeria dem dey like show muscle pass.

Let dem go and mount roadblocks and checkpoints inside those terror-ravaged villages and local governments in Northern Nigeria.
Says a man who has never travelled out of his village. This is their tradition in areas where there is high risk of terrorist attack, so it is not limited to the East alone. I have experienced this on my journey to Maiduguri from Kano and from Kano to Yola. I also experience the same thing in the East between Umuahia and Owerri. In fact, I experienced that of the north before the one of the East so it wasn't new to me when I experienced it in the East.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
deji17:

If you are asking me for evidence, then you are not ready to be honest about the situation on ground. Have a nice week ahead. Hopefully, they let you work on a Monday!
You make unsubstantiated allegation and expect me to allow it slide isn't it?
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:

why should adeboye be the one to tell soldier to please leave travelers alone
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Caleb15(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
If igbo man don collect your girlfriend b4, then you will understand the hate on nairaland
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by deji17: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
I don't expect you to do anything save to be honest with yourself.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by obyrich(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:

This one thinks every traveller on roads in southeast is Igbo. All tribes that go through those roads are subjected to such cruel treatment.
Do you mind the dullard?
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
aQUINandmore:
alright sir.
But me thinks these prominent south esterners aren't saying or doing enough about the happenings in the south east, they would rather talk about Lagos.
They are talking both in the open and secret.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by candygist: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
chiiraq802:
Terrorism don finish Northern Nigeria bt na for Southern Nigeria dem dey like show muscle pass.

Let dem go and mount roadblocks and checkpoints inside those terror-ravaged villages and local governments in Northern Nigeria.

Ar yoi guys no longer in support of IPOB terrorist ? grin
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Bizzysmitty(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Na similar issue I pass through yesterday. Omo,the thing is so annoying.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:

a governor with executive power of the state
a president will executive power over arm force

you leave all that, why must it be adeboye that should be concern with happening in south east

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by YourKarma: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
This is a very good move. I endorse it for 15yrs.

Ipob will have sense by fire by force.

God bless our gallant military. Shoot anybody that misbehave at the checkpoint. No time to waste
You'll die from a stray bullet from a military man. That'll be your karma for the bolded
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Khyrvxjzy: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
Supremos:
They are talking both in the open and secret.

a pastor should tell a soldier to do something
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by spencekat(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Too bad!!!. I noticed it when I travelled from CRS to Ebonyi state. They were doing it on Akwa Ibom to Umuahia route and later stopped doing that.Sen. Abaribe once spoke against it.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by YourKarma: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
I experienced it today on my way to Orlu. I went with public transport because I'm not familiar with the village I was going to. everybody in the vehicle had to come down and trek past the checkpoint.
Absolute nonsense

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
deji17:

I don't expect you to do anything save to be honest with yourself.
And being honest to myself involves allowing you lie against my people?. No sir. The truth is that Nigeria military has terrible records of human right abuses in SE. You don't just wishes that away. Mind you, part of what led to this gorilla arm struggle is because of killings and torture by security forces in SE. We will raise the issue here, we're called wailers. Their has been cases of extrajudicial murder in SE, no one was held accountable. Nigerian military must start building trust in SE

1 Like

Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by SmartyPants(m): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:

And the driver will come down, the car will drive itself?
That's a lame preventive measure.

The driver is obviously not a significant threat since the soldiers can monitor him. It is significantly different when you have a car full of 7 - 10 people. How do you monitor their movements from afar?

Let's be real.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Tobbyjug: 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
This is a very ugly situation.The poster also failed to observe that every commercial vehicle is forced to pay between #200 to #1000 at any of those checking points manned by soldiers.They don't care about searching those vehicles but they must pay before being allowed to pass.Let the appropriate authority look into this ugly situation.
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by Supremos: 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
YourKarma:
I experienced it today on my way to Orlu. I went with public transport because I'm not familiar with the village I was going to. everybody in the vehicle had to come down and trek past the checkpoint.
Absolute nonsense
Unfortunately I'm from Orlu, that's what we go through everyday
Re: Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints by spencekat(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
okoro:
Tinubu is not Buhari that will take nonsense from the IPOB terrorists
It started during Buhari administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.