Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) (42837 Views)

Fire Breaks Out At National Assembly Building, Guts Several Documents (photos) / ‘7 Wells Drilled In Bida Basin Show Signs Of Oil’ - Ramatu Yar’Adua / Massive Crowd Welcomes Osinbajo To Aba And Enugu (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by hammerFC: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Even lagos... it's an underrated oil States..

Years ago in my house in lagos... our water from the tap was bringing out emulsion.. you can see like oil spill on the water coming from the ground.. it happened for months and stopped...

Nigeria is blessed

NO, IT IS WHAT HAPPENS WEN YOU HAVE NOT USED THE TAPE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE OF NO WATER.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by ProblemChild1: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2023
hammerFC:

NWANNE, THEIR ARE FEW OF US THAT SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE.

THIS IS A GOOD FIGHT THAT WE MUST COLLABO TO FIGHT.

IF THEY ARE FIGHTING US FOR PRESIDENCY, WE SHOULD START FIGHTING THEM FOR THE RESOURCES ON OUR LAND.

WE HAVE STATE ASSEMBLIES, IT IS TIME TO MAKE NEW LAWS FOR ENERGY COMPANIES IN SE AND IGBO SPEAKING AREAS OF SS.
You're not far from the truth Nwannemo. I agree with you fully.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SpatialKing(m): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2023
Pakute:
Nonsense screenshot. Question without an answer, where is the full screenshot that verifies the propaganda of the Gov's adviser ?

Cry me a river

Imo State has the largest gas reserve go and verify the information with your fellow bigots

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by 2paid2Bmad: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2023
ProblemChild1:
Na you suppose shift, mugu. Lazy people no go like search online. Idiot

My brother, you're dumb.

Of all the reliable sites on the internet, It's a blog that's probably owned by an Ipob member I should believe?
WTF! is Voice of the Sun? sad angry
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Pakute: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2023
ShootThemAll:

Prof. Patrick Lumumba said something few days ago, that Jews originated from Igbos and not the other way round. I will do some research about that...

Chai!.. All dis gutter talks ontop of borehole gas.. My people perish because of foolishness.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

How would they when Tinubu's government is blinded by bigotry and hate for the Igbos because they didn't vote him...
U see how u all continue to f00I urselves?
Individuals as well as Governments can apply for license to build modular as well as standard refineries, but since lgb0s are so timid to do that, the best thing to do is blame FG, the average lgb0 prefer spending millions on marriage and burial ceremony instead of building something like this and u will come back to blame FG.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by hammerFC: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2023
ProblemChild1:
You're not far from the truth Nwannemo. I agree with you fully.

IGBO BU IGBO, WHETHER SS OR SE, WHEN THIS POLICY IS INITIATED, ALL THE OIL AND GAS COMPANIES HQ WILL BE RELOCETED TO NEW DEVELOPMENT.

WE WILL EVEN SELL THEM PRIME REAL ESTATE, WATER FRONT LAND, ALONG THE BANKS OF THE LEGENDARY RIVER NIGER TO ERECT THEIR SKYSCRAPPERS AND HIGH RISE APARTMENT BLOCKS.

THIS IS NOW THE ANTHEM.

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Pakute: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

Cry me a river

Imo State has the largest gas reserve go and verify the information with your fellow bigots

bring the official data na, make i help you write am in cap..OFFICIAL DATA?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by ProblemChild1: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

My brother, you're dumb.

Of all the reliable sites on the internet, It's a blog that's probably owned by an Ipob member I should believe?
WTF! is Voice of the Sun? sad angry
You're the one who's dumb. Since you can't make Google your friend. Hoodlum. This is another site. Abi you go say na ipob get this one. Ndi uchu grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by BigDawsNet: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2023
hammerFC:

NO, IT IS WHAT HAPPENS WEN YOU HAVE NOT USED THE TAPE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE OF NO WATER.

Thats not the case.. the tap is very active throughout the day.. its my family house and we were like 5 living in the whole house...

1. Not one tap but all tap in the house indoor/outdoor are brining out the emulsion
2. We have a special tap that was connected right from the ground to see how clean the water is when it's been pumped... the water also show the sign
3. We run the water for hours trying to flush the emulsions out from the borehole... dint work...

After 2months... gradually it stopped..
It even smells like oil/petroleum
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Gilgil: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2023
In the new age today, its to be treated like the gold in Zamfara

Zionmdde:

Sorry bro, but state government has no business with exploration and production of natural resources no matter where they are found, the resources belongs to FG

Also there may be gas there but other factors might make the production not economically viable. But let's hope Enugu will enjoy the presence of this Natural gas
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by 2paid2Bmad: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2023
ProblemChild1:
You're the one who's dumb. Since you can't make Google your friend. Hoodlum. This is another site. Abi you go say na ipob get this one. Ndi uchu grin grin grin

Ikengaonline aren't you just re..tarded?

Mhen education no be scam ooo

I would've simply given you answers but I enjoy how you're fooling around on the internet..

You mean you can't find a reputable website or report on the internet?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by hammerFC: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Thats not the case.. the tap is very active throughout the day.. its my family house and we were like 5 living in the whole house...

1. Not one tap but all tap in the house indoor/outdoor are brining out the emulsion
2. We have a special tap that was connected right from the ground to see how clean the water is when it's been pumped... the water also show the sign
3. We run the water for hours trying to flush the emulsions out from the borehole... dint work...

After 2months... gradually it stopped..
It even smells like oil/petroleum

GUY, I KNOW EXACTLY OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE MYSELF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFTbL4x5oE
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by BigDawsNet: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2023
hammerFC:

GUY, I KNOW EXACTLY OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE MYSELF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFTbL4x5oE

This is not even close bro...
I'm talking about very clean water here...

The water I'm talking about is very extremely clean and clear... but has this oily rainbow... like when u pour small petrol on a clean water... u know how it brings out rainbow color...

Wot u hav here is a very bad water...

This one I'm taling about is very clean...
I remember we bath with it and use it for laundry...
But we dint drink or use for cooking throughout the months
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Dennisochampa: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2023
hammerFC:

GUY, I TALK ABOUT THE INVISIBLE BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY COME VSISIBLE SO U KNOW THEY ARE THERE.

GOOD, U ACKNOWLEDGE MY GUARDIAN ANGEL.

IT IS THE BEST OFTHE BEST.

E NO DEY TAKE NONSENE.

WEN IT IS NOT SAFE, E WILL EVEN DELAY MY MOVEMENT TO AVOID DISASTER.

U WAN TRY?

Na that same thing we dey talk..
Na that your guardian angel go kill you.... Idiot
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by lexy2014: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2023
ProblemChild1:
You must be a hoodlum. Just get lost grin grin
How does that answer d question I asked....

Did you read the story in the link u shared before u shared it?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by samsard(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2023
LadyRosa:

And why is benue not trying to be self sufficient? Even with the food resources you have there courtesy of your very fertile lands, benue have the most lazy ,cultist imbibed young men in Nigeria. Very intelligent only by book, but very dumb when it comes to making wealth.

The few who try to break through are labelled prostitutes or ritualistic by their kinsmen.

A dent which makes successful ones hardly go home to see their people out of spite.

See as you open mouth they talk about banditry and how helpless your people have become over their own resources.
We don't have issue of banditry that much in Benue. It's more of Fulani attacks. Banditry is more further north. Unfortunately some of the things you said are true. Cultism is a big issue & it bothers the reasonable amongst us.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Greattha: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:
The south east is on another level. igbo land doesn't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever.
I hope the governor will use this and power Africa .

The energy God imbeded in igbo land is enough to power Africa and the rest of the world. We don't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever

We will always need each other.

There's beauty and numerous benefits in diversity.

Igbos can't afford to be isolated to become the enemy of all.

Let's not allow politicians and their 'divide and conquer ' politics ruin us.

I'm a strong believer in the regional govt style but we still need each other.

If only we had credible, accountable leaders at the helm of Nigeria's affairs, comments like "pig", "zombie" and all that won't be our daily lingo.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by YourKarma: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2023
stuffs2002:

DUMB&ST00PEED reasoning of IPOB cannibals.

Please provide proof that Zamfara is not in Cameroon.

Nonsense mentality.

No one should ever engage IPOB cannibals in a logical discuss as their brain is not capable of logic

You said an Anambra man owns the biggest gold mining company in Zamfara. I asked you to provide proof and you're capping nonsense?

Are you insane? You dey ment?
Young man, don't get me pissed

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by tonyashburton: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2023
I suspect it is a build up of methane gas from associated coal beds underlying the area that was ignited during the drilling action.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Moniya4Real(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2023
You have it but we all share as an indivisible, one Nigeria- e pain them😂
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by ProblemChild1: 8:21am On Oct 30, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

Ikengaonline aren't you just re..tarded?

Mhen education no be scam ooo

I would've simply given you answers but I enjoy how you're fooling around on the internet..

You mean you can't find a reputable website or report on the internet?
Ode!! Why you no bring your own source idiot. Na to just open mouth waaaa grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Zionmdde: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2023
Gilgil:
In the new age today, its to be treated like the gold in Zamfara

Just believe what I told you. There is something like OML, OPL and it is only issued by FG
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Zionmdde: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Seems you're intentionally being negative and looking for ways to put a dampener on things! Of course we know Nigeria has been structured in a way that allows some to steal and covet the resources of others.....all in the name of 'one Nigeria'! Even one of the posters above, from south-south, is bemoaning the fact his region has been stripped of its hydrocarbon wealth over the past decades with little besides a polluted environment to show for it! So we all know what's going on.

What Nonny was saying is that due to the recent incidents of gas release when drilling boreholes, it may be a good idea for the state gov't to place a temporary ban on it until a geological survey of the area concerned is done. Or do you seriously think the federal gov't would be even remotely interested in doing it and handing over the results to the state gov't!?

What other factors do you reckon stand in the way of a viable use of the states gas endowments?
First I don't work with sentiments, I work with facts

Second state government has no business with gas production, the state only derives from the allocations Fg pays to it

3rd for a gas to be commercially viable, it must be seen in large quantities, or there must be multiple wells that can be dug not very far from each other to produce a commercial quantity

Commercial quantity and viability here means the projected income must exceed the cost of exploration and production

Sorry to say again as long as enugu is in Nigeria, the gas their is owned by Nigeria. I don't work with sentiments but facts
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Zionmdde: 8:28am On Oct 30, 2023
Nonny95:

Like Zamfara gold? Right

Ask me like imo state gas?
Or do you want to take up arms and prevent government from assessing the gas?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2023
Abeg drop actual location make I call Chinese to come do coded illegal mining
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Arijude(m): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2023
BigIyanga:

Make una dey rest abegi.. must everything be divisive ?
yes everything must be divisive !! We are Biafrans , we are not Nigerians simple
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Arijude(m): 8:37am On Oct 30, 2023
omoadeleye:

You people have problems o

This chest beating of a thing needs to stop.

Igbos have been enjoying other people resources.
you're the one who have problems. Which Igbo is enjoying other people's resources? Is the government that sidelines Igbos. Which federal project and infrastructure in Igbo land is working or in good condition. People your evil government sideline in everything

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by LadyRosa(f): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2023
samsard:
We don't have issue of banditry that much in Benue. It's more of Fulani attacks. Banditry is more further north. Unfortunately some of the things you said are true. Cultism is a big issue & it bothers the reasonable amongst us.

My in law.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by davidCodes: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:
The south east is on another level. igbo land doesn't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever.

The energy God imbeded in igbo land is enough to power Africa and the rest of the world. We don't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever

We Igbos always bragging, always blowing things out of proportion thereby attracting unnecessary attention and jealousy, nawa o
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Calitoscassius(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:

Why do you think they have refused to call for Biafran referendum?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Young042galaxy: 8:45am On Oct 30, 2023
Pakute:

bring the official data na, make i help you write am in cap..OFFICIAL DATA?
The data is everywhere online.
Just make use of ur phone and data for educative purpose n stop unnecessary blind argument.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Bayelsa Senatorial Race: Supporters Clamour For Lyon, Dickson / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.