Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) (42763 Views)

Fire Breaks Out At National Assembly Building, Guts Several Documents (photos) / ‘7 Wells Drilled In Bida Basin Show Signs Of Oil’ - Ramatu Yar’Adua / Massive Crowd Welcomes Osinbajo To Aba And Enugu (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Gilgil: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Actually the entire south east of Nigeria is laden with commercial quantities of natural gas. Imo state alone has 24% of the proven natural gas reserves in Nigeria.

Pay attention to the word "proven reserves" and not production. It means that of all the gas we have in Nigeria Imo state alone has a quarter of it and Imonstate is not the top producer because they haven't even started using the reserves, and now gas is more in demand than oil as the cleanest fossil fuel with prices soaring for the future.

The geologies of Njaba basin, Imo River Basin, Nekede, Ohaji-Oguta trough are well endowed with gas - thats just part of Imo state. Seplat and Shell are building a massive gas plant in Ohaji, Walter Smith has already built a functioning refinery in the same ohaji already and expanding. Also the Egbema troughs bordering Elele Alimini and Omoku in border town Rivers States are laden too. When we were younger it used to be Ohaji-Egbema-Oguta local government but as you may know they separated the oil-bearing Egbema from the south east and put it into Rivers state.

Abia state has huge reserves as well and is producing more than Imo, behind Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

Anyone with a good knowledge of Minerals Geology and petroluem engineering would realise that lots of Natural gas would be found in Enugu state which has the largest coal deposit in Nigeria.

The South East is primed with Energy fluids and getting ready for massive manufacturing and energy sales.

If you know anyone in the Drilling and Exploration department of Shell, Total, Chevron, Mobil and ENI, just ask them about the Geology of the South east for oil and gas. You would be told all I mentioned above

lexy2014:

How did u arrive at your theory that because u suspect the fire was caused by gas in Enugu, then automatically the entire SE has natural gas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Facidio: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2023
vanunu:

I can see the hate in you,

Not any hate bro. I just hate it when people are dumb.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by oneclickng: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Zionmdde:

Sorry bro, but state government has no business with exploration and production of natural resources no matter where they are found, the resources belongs to FG

Also there may be gas there but other factors might make the production not economically viable. But let's hope Enugu will enjoy the presence of this Natural gas
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by EDUECO(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
epainos:
No matter what any group of people claim to have, but as long as they are greedy and there are traitors among them...as long as money is their main focus....they will not be anything. They are zero.

Pack all the natural resources in this world in a place, it isnt up to 10% of the capacity of human resources. Unity is the efficient that make up workforce.

Character and attitude are above others.

The moment money can buy you...you are finished.

I have just reminded you again.
China as a country is a testament to the fact that human resources is greater than natural resources!

The USA is so obsessed with China today because of her human resources!!
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by BigDawsNet: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
MrEverest:

Lol, what Lagos has is brackish seawater. Due to the swampy nature of the areas, they often seep into Wells and boreholes. That's why their water is always salty and hard. And needs to be treated before it can be used.

However, in some areas like Epe, pipelines from the Niger Delta also pass there. Sometimes they're exposed and people will be doing bunkering there. There is no oil nor gas in Lagos.

My house is not located in the lagos island... so we don't have any issue with brackish water or salty water.. and I'm saying this because... let me say dere is this oil well or oil company whatever.. about 20km to my residential... I know oil was discovered in that area... so I felt probably... it has an exertions to my own well... not sure until tested tho
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
afube:

bloody hypocrites.........Ojota activist by day..., Fulani sympathizer by night...!! we know you people wella! ndi restructuring! oya go and restructure make we see! One thing is certain,the days of stealing resources from other peoples are gone! If you want to take Igbo gas and oil...go and negotiate with ESN! no freebies anymore!
U folks can't stop being emotional?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by gabicon: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
Zeezenho:

oga no gas pipeline in those zones.its natural gas is every were in south east.

If it's natural gas deposit, the whole area should be a detonated mine field by now. I'm saying so because some years back in Kwara state, 2011 to be precise, it was claimed that crude oil had been discovered because it was gushing out of a dug pit, further investigations showed it was a ruptured pipe.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
MrEverest:

Somethings are on the so-called exclusive list. You can't just wake up and indulge in them except federal government grants permition. Meanwhile, Igbo an owned oil service company is building a massive gas plant in Assa.
Somethings can be done when your state government wake up to it, when private individuals who are ready to invest in it wake up to it, it will be done before December ends and construction works will begin.
Is it not same Government looking for investors?
Same Government has been begging private individuals to invest in the development of lithium which is a natural resources in Nigeria in abundance, have they done anything about it?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SpatialKing(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

How can individuals build?
I thought u all said u people are all billionaires?
Billionaires can't team up to build LNG plant?
The initial comment I replied said FG won't allow SE to develop has plants, then I said if FG is not doing it, private individuals and state governments should do it by applying for operational license, if this is too difficult for u to understand, then I am sorry, I shouldn't be talking with you

You are contradicting yourself already
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Princezibk: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
afube:

You wanted one Nigeria abi? One Nigeria you will get until we dissolve the useless union!
Am not part of one Nigeria ok ,,, Just stop the empty boast . You people are nothing without one Nigeria.

Infact Benin 🇧🇯 republic go get pure level pass Biafra after disintegration . Then we don’t want you guys as refugees oo
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Kingbuhari(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
They said there's no gas and oil in south east
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Zeezenho: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
gabicon:

If it's natural gas deposit, the whole area should be a detonated mine field by now. I'm saying so because some years back in Kwara state, 2011 to be precise, it was claimed that crude oil had been discovered because it was gushing out of a dug pit, further investigations showed it was a ruptured pipe.

oga south east no be kwara.we know our terrain more than you.

Enugu is known for gigantic coal reserve coal is energy its fusil fuel, same formation process with oil and gas do your research. Shell already confirmed 2 trillion cubic meter of gas reserve there so chill.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JOemmy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
Monsignor22:

The Nigerian government under their wicked Military commissions thought they could absolutely crush everything about Igboland including our potentials when they ceded several parts of Alaigbo to other parts of Nigeria, including the Oyel rich parts of Igboland; all to delineate and sap us from any mineral and natural resources. But GOD PASS THEM, in their haste to perpetuate wickedness they forgot Gas and Green energy will be the future one day, now the oil has brought more curse than good to Nigeria, Oyel isn't an attractive commodity on the global market anymore...na gas dey reign now and we have mega-tons of that sitting under the earth of Igboland, keep your oyel and drown in it while you impoverish the Niger Delta regions that own it...we will keep our gas and harness it for the sole development of Igboland.

Tinibu have already concluded plans to mortgage the gas reserves in igboland just like buhari mortgaged the oil in the niger delta before he left office nigeria is almost earning absolutely nothing from oil sales today due to debt servicing caused by buhari's reckless borrowings.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by PHAYOL81: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly

Oguta and Ohaji/Egbama combined in Imo have the largest natural gas deposit in Africa...

The fear of Igbo advancing and getting wealthy has stopped them from Constructing LNG plant in Imo State...

since the FG don't construct for you, why don't you do it for yourself under a PPP at leastsso that wealth can be created for the state and all the individuals involved, right from the investors, engineers, labourers, employees, food vendors and all.
embarassed
SpatialKing:

Exactly

Oguta and Ohaji/Egbama combined in Imo have the largest natural gas deposit in Africa...

The fear of Igbo advancing and getting wealthy has stopped them from Constructing LNG plant in Imo State...

since the FG don't construct for you, why don't you do it for yourself under a PPP at leastsso that wealth can be created for the state and all the individuals involved, right from the investors, engineers, labourers, employees, food vendors and all.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bigkoko: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
As far back as 2018, i sighted a Doc in one of NNPC subsidiary in Abuja. Guess what? Enugu, Imo, Abia, some parts of Benue are sitting on what is called Gas Belt.

Development is been planned for 2024, that is if they still stick to the plan. In as little as 60 meters you can strike a gas reservoir anywhere around Enugu, towns and suburbs!.

Gilgil:
Actually the entire south east of Nigeria is laden with commercial quantities of natural gas. Imo state alone has 24% of the proven natural gas reserves in Nigeria.

Pay attention to the word "proven reserves" and not production. It means that of all the gas we have in Nigeria Imo state alone has a quarter of it and Imonstate is not the top producer because they haven't even started using the reserves, and now gas is more in demand than oil as the cleanest fossil fuel with prices soaring for the future.

The geologies of Njaba basin, Imo River Basin, Nekede, Ohaji-Oguta trough are well endowed with gas - thats just part of Imo state. Seplat and Shell are building a massive gas plant in Ohaji, Walter Smith has already built a functioning refinery in the same ohaji already and expanding. Also the Egbema troughs bordering Elele Alimini and Omoku in border town Rivers States are laden too. When we were younger it used to be Ohaji-Egbema-Oguta local government but as you may know they separated the oil-bearing Egbema from the south east and put it into Rivers state.

Abia state has huge reserves as well and is producing more than Imo, behind Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

Anyone with a good knowledge of Minerals Geology and petroluem engineering would realise that lots of Natural gas would be found in Enugu state which has the largest coal deposit in Nigeria.

The South East is primed with Energy fluids and getting ready for massive manufacturing and energy sales.

If you know anyone in the Drilling and Exploration department of Shell, Total, Chevron, Mobil and ENI, just ask them about the Geology of the South east for oil and gas. You would be told all I mentioned above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bigkoko: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
How can he mortgage what has not been developed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You want IPOB OR ESN to roast Asiwaju? Abeg leave that gas there for future. For now, lets all enjoy Niger Delta oil & gas grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

JOemmy:

Tinibu have already concluded plans to mortgage the gas reserves in igboland just like buhari mortgaged the oil in the niger delta before he left office nigeria is almost earning absolutely nothing from oil sales today due to debt servicing caused by buhari's reckless borrowings.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bigkoko: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
Last year, in another location where a private University was trying to dig bore hole, same thing happened. That should be at Nkanu axis. Anywhere there are large coal deposit, expect huge light carbon fossil fuels there too!

Zeezenho:

oga south east no be kwara.we know our terrain more than you.

Enugu is known for gigantic coal reserve coal is energy its fusil fuel, same formation process with oil and gas do your research. Shell already confirmed 2 trillion cubic meter of gas preserve there so chill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Nwaiyoo: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Proudly landlocked nation.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Lovelydaisies: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
The way we Igbos keep crying victimisation has become boring.

It's about time someone opens a thread so we can understand Biafra, how to get it and how possible it is to get it.

And how it might survive if achieved.

Every time, any small thing, Igbo victimisation and Biafra. Mtchew

Why aren't out lawmakers and leaders pushing for it?

I'm Igbo but this is getting bitter and distasteful.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Monsignor22: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
JOemmy:

Whatever makes you sleep well at night
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Alwaysachick: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
LadyRosa:

I love the fact its neglected.

When the time is overly ripe, it will be used by us for us and with us.

Neglected? The gas that has been piped to Niger...dey play
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

You are contradicting yourself already
U are obviously confused.
I am used to folks like u getting confused with little conversations like this.
Afterall is same group people who said the German chancellor is a university representative.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Ttipsy(f): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Young042galaxy: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
Pakute:

shame no dey catch all of una, none of you can paste the official data here.
Hope you find peace n rest now?

https://www./200-trillion-cubic-feet-gas-deposit-imo-set-economic-ezenwa

https://cddfactcheck.org/?p=22723&amp=1

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Pakute: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Young042galaxy:

Hope you find peace n rest now?

https://www./200-trillion-cubic-feet-gas-deposit-imo-set-economic-ezenwa

https://cddfactcheck.org/?p=22723&amp=1
Is this an official data? Or didn't you pass through the four walls of a school?, illiterate ipob, biko shift.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Benin's 55th Independence Anniversary In Cotonou (Photos) / Tinubu Rejects Margaret Okadigbo As Part Of His Campaign Council / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.