Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' (51203 Views)

Governor Fubara Congratulates Wike On His 56th Birthday / Anambra Guber: APGA Faction Elects Edozie Njoku As Candidate, Rejects Soludo / We’ll Impeach Obaseki If He Flouts Laws, Edo Assembly Faction Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Nato008(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
TruthsFM:
seriously Fubara understand the Rivers State politics games well. All Wike loyalists are fired from different positions and department. Wike strongholds will be totally levelled. Efcc will surely sit on Wike corruption case soon. Fubara is highly brave in handling things in Rivers State government. He never fear anyone. Wike goofed already. Karma will surely backfired on Wike case. Wike will never say anything cos’ huge corruption hanging on his neck will be fully exposed.
Where I started laughing is when u said efcc will do what 🤣,like are u trying to be funny mehn

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by blackgold2018(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
forgiveness:

It's not in his favor because the judiciary and police are controlled by the federal government. Unfortunately, Wike might use the federal government might. Besides, there are laws as guidelines to being elected as speaker.

The suppose speaker has been suspended hence his pronouncement henceforth are null and void.
go to court.

You know nothing in Nigerians politics.

Federal government can’t do shit on states politics especially when the state cabals(wike enemies) are behind the governor.
And it’s rivers state for that matter.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by TruthsFM: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nato008:

Where I started laughing is when u said efcc will do what 🤣,like are u trying to be funny mehn
of course Efcc will never touch Wike cos’ Tinubu boy will protect Wike now, but his corruption cases will be exposed fully and the good people of Rivers State will see the huge corruption Wike perpetrated why he was in power for 8 years. Wike will be heavily dealt with. Karma will surely backfired.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by emmanuelbrown26: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

You cannot form a quorum in a state house of assembly with 8 members. The Supreme Court has ruled on this.

Fubara is finished. I. This life you have to know who you can fight. In the Nigerian political scene, don”t take on Tinubu or Wike….you can’t win. As for Wike, Go and ask Amaechi, Tambuwal, Saraki, Atiku and even Obi who he chased out of PDP.

Fayose warned him.

Watch the video below:

https:///renoomokri/status/1718974761303187860?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q
South South is not like South West where one drug man will be commanding a sitting governor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Jogs1900: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2023
gammarays:

Governor has been served impeachment notice but he's still the governor.
He can appoint the State chief Judge.

Nigeria is a lawless nation already so nothing will happen.

Rivers will be heated up too so the federal government will be sensible enough to back out
A governor can't suspend the chief judge.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by TruthsFM: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

you people always act with your hearts and ego and not with your brains thats why you always lose out. If there was no justification for impeaching Fubara, the illegal acts of today have just given his enemies one. He will be impeached and this time with valid reason.
you go wail tired, Wike and his clueless loyalists will be heavily dealt with. A Niger delta man is a no nonsense man. They don’t waste time in executing their actions. Wike will be thoroughly dealt with in the next first 4 years government of Fubara in power. Already 80% of Rivers State people are solidly behind Fubara and his actions towards Wike and his loyalists. Wike is in serious trouble. Wike is in serious mess. Wike is in trouble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by DMerciful(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
The Supreme Court impunity and corruption is only the beginning smiley
Amethystss:
Wahala plenty for this country. Nigerians deserve a break from all these politicians. We just came out of the Supreme Court drama, thought the nation will atleast get some rest, and now this

Wetin Dey sup?
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Babssoo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
Welldon Fubara, this is how to fight like a man.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

South South is not like South West where one drug man will be commanding a sitting governor

The law is the law whether SS or SW. You cannot form a quorum with 8 members so any actions taken are illegal. You cannot remove the Chief Justice, this is illegal. You cannot sack LG chairmen, that is illegal. Like I said before, if you want to assert yourself first check if you are strategic and have any brains because the people you are up against are the smartest in the game currently in Nigeria. Go and ask Amaechi, Tambuwal, Obi, Saraki, Atiku, etc, Wike defeated and humbled all of them.

Whereas there were no grounds for impeachment before, the emotional actions today have given grounds for impeachment. It’s only a matter of time Fubara is a goner.

You dont need to have a brain to predict the outcome of certain situations. Amaechi became irrelevant politically because he lost the battle for relevance in Rivers. Wike cannot afford to lose or he is finished politically, Tinubu cannot afford for Wike to lose. Wike is most dangerous when he is fighting for survival. Fubara is finished because Wike and Tinubu cannot afford for him to triumph.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by OmoFiditi: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2023
tinsel:

Six members elected speaker and you are posting it here.

The illegality of impeachment will not stand. Even with all the federal might of the Uba brothers they could not remove Ngige their godson, because the people were with him.

Sim will bury the autocracy of Wike, by force.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by omolola12345(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
6 members to 24 members. The 24 members will head to court and the court will suspend the speaker elected by the 6 members.
Wike should even concentrate on his assignment in Abuja and leave the new governor alone.
Dictatorship and godfatherism should stop in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by fergie001: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:
I don't care what happens to Fubara. Agreement is Agreement, when they were agreeing, was I there?

My own, is to report the news, whomever wins the better for them. If no be Aketi or Oba, nothing concern me ooooo.

Even my own Gov, you can see I don't even protect him!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
tinsel:

Speaker elected by 6 members?
You are free to go to court. By the time the case get to Supreme court, 4 years would have finished. Like that of Edo House of Assembly, they are still in high court while their tenor has elapsed already.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by robosky02(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike Wke

No general can fight several wars at the same time

Wike vs PDP national

Wike vs PDP elder Rivers State

Wike vs APC state

Wike vs Amaechi

Wike vs Atiku

Wike vs iPod

Wike vs Abuja land owners

and now

Wike vs SIM

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by andy244: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
Go to court.

forgiveness:
Where is 6 > 24? Is this not a joke?

This is against the rule of law.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by millionboi2: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

You cannot form a quorum in a state house of assembly with 8 members. The Supreme Court has ruled on this.

Fubara is finished. I. This life you have to know who you can fight. In the Nigerian political scene, don”t take on Tinubu or Wike….you can’t win. As for Wike, Go and ask Amaechi, Tambuwal, Saraki, Atiku and even Obi who he chased out of PDP.

Fayose warned him.

Watch the video below:

https:///renoomokri/status/1718974761303187860?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q
thesame thing wike did to amaechi thesame thing fubara will do to him now.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by emmanuelbrown26: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

He won’t survive it. He is finished. All the actions he took today are illegal under law. Sacking chief judge, removing speaker without a proper quorum etc.

He has declared war of Wike and by extension on Tinubu. If there. Are 2 politicians you should not fight in Nigeria, it is Wike and Tinubu and he has taken on both. Even pension he won’t get.
Dis Fulani slave Mak u take a rest, una dun cry pass wike wey get fight

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by garfield1: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
fergie001:

I don't care what happens to Fubara. Agreement is Agreement, when they were agreeing, was I there?

My own, is to report the news, whomever wins the better for them. If no be Aketi or Oba, nothing concern me ooooo.

Even my own Gov, you can see I don't even protect him!

Any news from udende vs suswan?
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Kionrae: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Is this even legal?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by garfield1: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
You are free to go to court. By the time the case run to Supreme court, 4 years would have finished. Like that of Edo House of Assembly, they are still high court while their tenor has elapsed already.

The chief judge will likely form a panel today or tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by emmanuelbrown26: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

The law is the law whether SS or SW. You cannot form a quorum with 8 members so any actions taken are illegal. You cannot remove the Chief Justice, this is illegal. You cannot sack LG chairmen, that is illegal. Like I said before, if you want to assert yourself first check if you are strategic and have any brains because the people you are up against are the smartest in the game currently in Nigeria. Go and ask Amaechi, Tambuwal, Obi, Saraki, Atiku, etc, Wike defeated and humbled all of them.

Whereas there were no grounds for impeachment before, the emotional actions today have given grounds for impeachment. It’s only a matter of time Fubara is a goner.
Un go explain tire, na now ur own morning break to no say law na law? SS is not SW whereby one man will just be sending intellectuals on Erand

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by djon78(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
mrksquare:

My brother, na me Happy pass. If Wike do too much all his shopping mall that he built on government land would be sealed.

As for the pro-Wike lawmaker's SIM will stop their salary and entitlements.

If I were SIM, I will even read from the political playbook of Wike by sealing the businesses of the pro-Wike legislature and revoke the C of O to their landed properties. Then purge his cabinet of mole. People like Alabo George Kelly should go. Tammy Danagogo should go.

In War every actions is fair.

Bad thing no good

Wike was behaving like an emperor

His payday is really coming soon

Evil no good

People should learn this

No condition is permanent

People shouldn't create so much enemies
Cause survival will be very difficult

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Confirmedzombie: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
The igbos on social media out of hate for wike will lead Fubara to his doom.

Initially many of us Rivers men and women stood by Fubara as there was no valid reason for his impeachment.

But with the recent actions of new speaker with 8 persons forming a quorum, the sacking of chief judge, Fubara has played into the hands of his enemies.

Fubara will never win this war. He allowed igbos noise on social media mislead him

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by gammarays(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jogs1900:

A governor can't suspend the chief judge.
But President can remove chief Judge? 🙄🙄
Fubara is just following a template as stuffs like that has been done in the past.

Illegality has been legalized in Nigeria so everyone can partake in it.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
millionboi2:
thesame thing wike did to amaechi thesame thing fubara will do to him now.

it is the same thing he is trying to do but he hasnt got the brains, to pull it off.

I repeat myself, by taking on Wike he is taking on federal might. Even without Federal might, Wike is not a man you take on...nobody has survived a war with Wike be it Tambuwal, Atiku, Amaechi, Saraki etc etc.

There are 2 politicians in Nigeria that are very strategic and have never lost a battle...Tinubu and Wike. This man thinks he can take them on...we go see.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by SuccessfulRichi: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
The next drama will udom and Umoh Eno. Godfatherisn must stop in Akwaibom and Niger Delta a d even in Nigeria. Wtf
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by stormborn28(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
princeemma69:
Rivers State plays the most exciting and dramatic politics in Nigeria. I will sit down and enjoy this show
Yes oooo
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by mrksquare: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
djon78:

Bad thing no good

Wike was behaving like an emperor

His payday is really coming soon

Evil no good

People should learn this

No condition is permanent

People shouldn't create so much enemies
Cause survival will be very difficult

He ruled for 8years without anyone overloading him. He exercised his power optimally without any one from any quarter challenging him.

Same Wike that Patience Jonathan singlehandedly made governor and the moment he took over he shelved her aside.

Today he wants to control a sitting governor; today he wants the sitting governor to be paying him 2 billion naira every month.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by gammarays(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Dis Fulani slave Mak u take a rest, una dun cry pass wike wey get fight
Don't mind the mumu

Amaechi stood against Goodluck Jonathan federal powers and won

Wike stood against Buhari and Wike powers and won

IPOB shut down south East and turned a whole Monday to sit at home against Federal powers and won

Obaseki stood against Buhari and Oshiomole federal might and won

Fubara won't be different if he plays the game well

Not all regions are docile

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Guyman01: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
tinsel:

Six members elected speaker and you are posting it here.
That's what Obaseki did to survive Oshiomole, the majority can go to court and the Assembly Complex has already been set on fire, Obaseki removed the roofs grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by OmoFiditi: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
tinsel:

Speaker elected by 6 members?

You can go to your usual court of technicalities. Rivers power belong to Rivers people. They stand with Sim Fubara.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / PHOTOS: Man Walking From Lagos To Abuja In Honor Of Buhari / Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.