Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' (51179 Views)

Governor Fubara Congratulates Wike On His 56th Birthday / Anambra Guber: APGA Faction Elects Edozie Njoku As Candidate, Rejects Soludo / We’ll Impeach Obaseki If He Flouts Laws, Edo Assembly Faction Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by onemanonewife(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2023
forgiveness:
Where is 6 > 24? Is this not a joke?

This is against the rule of law.
Did you follow Edo situation? Its not about number. This is nigeria
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2023
mastermaestro:

Take the same judgment to Gov Obaseki and he will laugh you to scorn. Nigerian politics has no rules. Apply jungle tactics if you found yourself in a jungle.

Remove the roof of the HOA. Barricade the complex and begin an endless renovation. Madness must be met with greater madness. A sitting governor should never succumb to such humiliation.

A sitting governor should earn his way to power and not emerge by way of Godfatherism. You emerge by godfatherism you get what you get. He knows the game, he knows the rules of the game, he emerged through the game and the game will boot him out.

The law is not in his favour. Like I said he is trying to take on those with bigger brains than him, trying to play a game above his pay grade. At the end of the day court will settle the matter and the law is not in his favour. He has also not aided his cause by his litany of illegalities today. Giving legal grounds for impeachment.

Your sentiments are legitimate but the law is the law. The law is not on his side. I keep telling people their is emotion and there is the law. Smart politicians always play within the law. Wike is a lawyer, when he was planting his puppets, it is because he understands the law.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Sermwell(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
fergie001:

I don't care what happens to Fubara. Agreement is Agreement, when they were agreeing, was I there?

My own, is to report the news, whomever wins the better for them. If no be Aketi or Oba, nothing concern me ooooo.

Even my own Gov, you can see I don't even protect him!
You were not there but you're here shouting agreement is agreement! grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jorussia:
I think the most ridiculous move from the six
members loyal to d governor is the supposed suspension of the chief judge of the state.they should go and learn from history no house of assembly can remove the chief judge of the state.The chief judge is only answerable to the NJC.If the chief Judge is not on the side of the governor, there is no way he can survive impeachment. My only fear about this Rivers is fear of human loses.
The Chief has been suspended, she is free to go to Court to challenge her suspension.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Daystar7: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

Nobody intruded because nobody put him there. They put you there you never reach 5 months you are growing wings? I dont approve of Godfatherism but the game is the game and that is the game that put you in office.....and will take you out.

You talk with both sides of your mouth. You must be from the south west. Take a stand, nobody 'll beat you and talking about the game. No.1 law of power says never outshine your master but in some instances where you feel that the said master is weak you waste no time to put him out for good and that's exactly what fubara is doing. Wike really has no strong allies at this point and he's completely at the mercy of Tinubu's government which is not a good place to be for a supposed god father. The APC in Rivers don't like Wike, neither does the PDP. The northern APC clearly hate him as well and the SW don't completely trust him so he's weak and the game being the game. This is the best time to strike. Understand the game.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by fergie001: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sermwell:

You were not there but you're here shouting agreement is agreement! grin grin
Of Course, they had an agreement nah grin
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Cantonese: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Thank you for kind words. I agree with you while I sit and watch

Thank you very much too.

Just to add, if you noticed. The six man factional speaker announced the suspension of the Chief Judge. That absolutely is not the business of the speaker.

Let's watch and enjoy ourselves how the political class continue to disgrace themselves and the nation.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

You cannot form a quorum in a state house of assembly with 8 members. The Supreme Court has ruled on this.

Fubara is finished. I. This life you have to know who you can fight. In the Nigerian political scene, don”t take on Tinubu or Wike….you can’t win. As for Wike, Go and ask Amaechi, Tambuwal, Saraki, Atiku and even Obi who he chased out of PDP.

Fayose warned him.

Watch the video below:

https:///renoomokri/status/1718974761303187860?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q
Baby they are all free to go to court. The court will determine if it is legal or not not you nor me.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Sermwell(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
fergie001:
Of Course, they had an agreement nah grin

How did you know they had an agreement since you admitted you were not there? grin
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by fergie001: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sermwell:

How did you know they had an agreement since you admitted you were not there? grin
Because I have been in that situation before...... cool
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Baby they are all free to go to court. The court will determine if it is legal or not not you nor me.

There is precedent, court has already determined it. The law is not on Fubara’s side if Wike decides to take him out.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Originakalokalo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Redhot0007:
The governor should quickly seal off the state judiciary for maintenance.

grin

Na WA ooo. I have not laughed like this in a while.

This guy....

Are you a politician?
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Daystar7: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jogs1900:

I don't know who gave them the audacity to suspend the chief judge..Lets see the judge that will act when the chief judge is still there..His career will be in the mud..This is the beginning of the game and 2027 is still far...Wike has the backing of the federal government while Oshiomole doesn't have during Edo crisis.

If the federal government dare to use its might to intervene in Rivers then be ready for blood cos it 'll flow. Portharcourt people are prone to violence and the Oil sustaining this country 'll be bursted and set ablaze and I'm sure nobody wants that at this point the country is suffering from inflation. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
Daystar7:

You talk with both sides of your mouth. You must be from the south west. Take a stand, nobody 'll beat you and talking about the game. No.1 law of power says never outshine your master but in some instances where you feel that the said master is weak you waste no time to put him out for good and that's exactly what fubara is doing. Wike really has no strong allies at this point and he's completely at the mercy of Tinubu's government which is not a good place to be for a supposed god father. The APC in Rivers don't like Wike, neither does the PDP. The northern APC clearly hate him as well and the SW don't completely trust him so he's weak and the game being the game. This is the best time to strike. Understand the game.

You are clearly another brainless r3tard. Nothing wrong with taking out your master, the game is the game but be smart about it. Fubara clearly does not have the brains and his actions today have only given legal ammunition for his impeachment. This thing is not by emotion or gra gra, it is by brain cells.

Nothing wrong with outshine your master but you must have to brains to pull it off. A good strategist knows when to stoop Ana’s when to conquer. When Atiku wanted to take Obasanjo out, Obasanjo went on his knees to beg Atiku. Obasanjo’s revenge is still haunting Atiku till today.

Politics is strategy not emotion. A good warrior or politician must recognize when he is weak and when he is strong. Don’t fight battles you can’t win.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by sylve11: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Rivers of Surutu. This one na X-Speaker. Smh.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Lol

Which one be X-Speaksr.

That mem got me lo-ling. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by TalabiAudu: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
blackberrydude2:
Please can anyone help me post my ticket, I just gt banned by spam.

Merrybet Punt for Pride

Merrybet Username:blackberrydude

Total odds: 56
Ticket No: 399756192

Rebetcashout

bigcee
TalabiAudu
poshemmanuel
XshegzzyeeiX
ibrahim
Rainmoredays
puskin
troot

Puskin would unban you and quote your ticket, don't worry.
Since na anti-spam
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by toprealman: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
TruthsFM:
Fubara has come to stay. Fubara is heavily strong politically. All Wike loyalists are all fired and nothing happens . Wike is in serious trouble
History will only repeat itself . We need new entrants into this Rivers political theatre. The old ones are no longer entertaining.
#MonoployOfMadness

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Kukutente23: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

A speaker, governor or president can only be removed by 2/3rds of the members of the house. Not the one that you will assemble 8 members and say 2/3rds of 8 voted in favor. That’s why akeredolu is having problems removing his deputy governor, same with Obaseki. It has to be 2/3rds of the house members. Full stop. Supreme Court decision. Governors in the past had taken advantage of the fact that whereas at the national level the constitution specifically says 2/3rds of "all" members, in the case of state the constitution does not say "ALL" but this has been clarified and confirmed by the SC...you need 2/3rds of "ALL" members to impeach a speaker or a governor.

In any event a quorum for other matters is defined as 1/3 of the members, so any decision taken by 8 out of 32 is null and void. A state house of assembly cannot pass legislation and resolutions or even sit with only 8 members present. Talk less impeachment that you need 2/3rds of all members to vote in favour.

So the people that this dullard governor has suspended will come back to impeach him and the chief judge he suspended will come back to oversee it. His illegal actions have now given them legitimate grounds for impeachment.

This thing is not by gra gra but by brains.

https://allafrica.com/stories/200704280014.html

"Abuja — A full panel of the Supreme Court yesterday affirmed the verdict of the Jos division of the Court of Appeal which voided the removal from office of Governor Joshua Chibi Dariye by six state legislators and reinstated him into office."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/breaking-news-supreme-court-affirms-fayoses-victory/

ABUJA – The Supreme Court has upheld the judgements of both the Ekiti State Governorship Tribunal and the Court of Appeal which had earlier affirmed Governor Ayodele Fayose’s victory. The apex court, ‎also said that Fayose was not validly impeached in 2006.

Well, all this is irrelevant now. It was 26 members that impeached the former Speaker

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/breaking-26-pro-fubara-rivers-assembly-members-suspend-speaker-elect-edison/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Felaincarnated: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kip crying
tinsel:

Six members elected speaker and you are posting it here.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by sylve11: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jorussia:
I think the most ridiculous move from the six
members loyal to d governor is the supposed suspension of the chief judge of the state.they should go and learn from history no house of assembly can remove the chief judge of the state.The chief judge is only answerable to the NJC.If the chief Judge is not on the side of the governor, there is no way he can survive impeachment. My only fear about this Rivers is fear of human loses.

You're right.

Some people don't understand this. cool
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by eteba(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wike has misfired! e go dey am as film.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by TruthsFM: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
toprealman:

History will only repeat itself . We need new entrants into this Rivers political theatre. The old ones are no longer entertaining.
#MonoployOfMadness
Wike is gone for good politically

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Felaincarnated: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Cry more
tinsel:

Six members elected speaker and you are posting it here.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by sylve11: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,stop pushing illegality.you know these actions are null and void.the next legal step is for the chief judge to appoint a panel that will investigate the outgoing gov

Lol grin cool
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by casualobserver: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

Well, all this is irrelevant now. It was 26 members that impeached the former Speaker

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/breaking-26-pro-fubara-rivers-assembly-members-suspend-speaker-elect-edison/

That changes everything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Confirmedzombie: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
Cantonese:

Thank you very much too.

Just to add, if you noticed. The six man factional speaker announced the suspension of the Chief Judge. That absolutely is not the business of the speaker.

Let's watch and enjoy ourselves how the political class continue to disgrace themselves and the nation.

Exactly my thoughts. The speaker misfires for suspension of the chief judge.

But what do I know, I will sit and watch
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Kukutente23: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:

No vex abeg but you know how these things will end.in nasarawa or a state,the gov decides who will be speaker so don't compare.
Fubara cannot succeed without abuja.he overreached himself by involving the state chief judge
You should be ashamed of yourself

Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Felaincarnated: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Growing wings cox he signed a project of 500m without informing General wike? Make una see truth dey talk
casualobserver:

Nobody intruded because nobody put him there. They put you there you never reach 5 months you are growing wings? I dont approve of Godfatherism but the game is the game and that is the game that put you in office.....and will take you out.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Nato008(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
TruthsFM:
of course Efcc will never touch Wike cos’ Tinubu boy will protect Wike now, but his corruption cases will be exposed fully and the good people of Rivers State will see the huge corruption Wike perpetrated why he was in power for 8 years. Wike will be heavily dealt with. Karma will surely backfired.
Are u cracking jokes now or what....I guess the didn't tell u this sim was I think his finance commissioner or so, so will he also expose his own join too....nope he can't because his hands are soiled with oil... moreover is not like wike will be the first to have corruption cases against him and u know how the all end in Nigeria, the chances of u and I going to jail for what we don't know is higher than wike going to jail for corruption charge mehn
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

There is precedent, court has already determined it. The law is not on Fubara’s side if Wike decides to take him out.
You seems to be coming from moon when politicians do something and tell you to go to court, two things are involved; to buy time or buy judgement. A court judgment on Mr A can't bet enforced on Mr. B. The Chief Judge should go to court to challenge his suspension, shikina.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by Daystar7: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
casualobserver:

You are clearly another brainless r3tard. Nothing wrong with taking out your master, the game is the game but be smart about it. Fubara clearly does not have the brains and his actions today have only given legal ammunition for his impeachment. This thing is not by emotion or gra gra, it is by brain cells.

Nothing wrong with outshine your master but you must have to brains to pull it off. A good strategist knows when to stoop Ana’s when to conquer. When Atiku wanted to take Obasanjo out, Obasanjo went on his knees to beg Atiku. Obasanjo’s revenge is still haunting Atiku till today.

Politics is strategy not emotion. A good warrior or politician must recognize when he is weak and when he is strong. Don’t fight battles you can’t win.

How's it that you agree with my submission yet hurl insults at someone you've never seen or know. You talk about power not being about emotions and yet u typed all you did emotionally. There's a big disconnect between what you saying and what you doing and I don't think I want to hold this discuss with you further. I agree with you that a master should be taken out when he's weak and you might not see it but this is the best time to cut Wike off for good. He's weak in Rivers and completely dependent and at the mercy of Tinubu who I don't think trust him to an extent.
Re: Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' by SIONKPO1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
forgiveness:

It's not in his favor because the judiciary and police are controlled by the federal government. Unfortunately, Wike might use the federal government might. Besides, there are laws as guidelines to being elected as speaker.

The suppose speaker has been suspended hence his pronouncement henceforth are null and void.
The Governor can shut down all the courts and replace the chief judge ,wike is too Arrogant and Autocratic

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) / Caption This Photo Of Asiwaju Giving Orders To His Son and Aides / Photos: Was V.P Osinbajo Scolding Gov. Ambode In This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.