Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians (11347 Views)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Two Months After Fire Incident, Deaf Couple Yet To Get Medical Care / How To Enjoy Free Medical Care For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by seborrhic: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Daystar7:

Ask the bank to sell you dollars at that price and then come back here to give us feed back. Most of you don't do business but always be the loudest, arrogantly displaying ignorance recklessly. This is a serious issue but u must defend nonsense after y'all claim patriots while those that want to break away from this evil contraption are terrorist. God forbid!
People that have never earned a single Kobo from their own efforts or have never done a single line of business are always the one that come up with nonsensical statements even in the face of extreme suffering.
Nigerians are too complicit,cowardly and tribalistic,that is why even in the face of unprecedented suffering,starting from 2016,but now taken to unimaginable levels by Tinubu,they still defend the indefensible.
In other climes protests and riots would have been happening,but here naira has lost 100% of its value,petrol price increased 200% in one fell swoop,2 of the factors that determine EVERY OTHER THING,in Nigeria,yet some people still defend the government.
Kenyans rioted just over fuel price increase and the goverment changed course.
Even in advanced countries like France,us,UK with very high incomes,the 2 policies that this goverment have unleashed would have seen countless days of protests and riots,but here we defend everything,no matter how s tupid we look.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by Mayeldah(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
crossfm:
All the election wahala is over now.

Both the supporters of the present government and non supporters should start saying the truth now,we are all in this together now .

The hardship in Nigeria now is not funny, people have turned to cooperate beggars now.

My fear is the increasing rate of crime,and our security is as porous as ever.

Hospitals now is a no go area,the billings is per seconds.

I know a hospital where treatment is cheap, once you show your APC ID card.

DM for directions
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by smileyoo: 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
Taylor94:

All these defending una dey defend all in name of party and tribe

I hope Nigeria never happen to any of una one day and you’ll wail more than Obidients
don't mind them, when concerned nigerians are trying to hold the government of the day accountable, so that they can be responsible for the well-being of the citizens, these misfits will be shouting people down, and when they are eventually faced with these challenges as it happens in every society, they will be suffering silently until when these challenges will eventually kill them silently, meanwhile these incompetent politicians that they are busy defending, don't even recognize their existence .
some nigerians are pathetic lots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
CJStarz:

Health care was much cheaper and affordable. Then, to obtain a Card at a private hospital here was #1000 now it's #5000.for crying out loud! What are you not telling me?
The big question is this, if prices of food and services are increasing, do u expect health care to remain constant?
That's one question.
The second question is this?
Were they performing excellently before these events?
Back to your example, u are being exploited by the hospital, a hospital selling a card to u at #5000 is obviously exploiting but u prefer to reference it to dollar instead of calling out the hospital.
It's good, they can as well sell it to u at #10,000.
Life goes on and u will give them a standing ovation.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by Vizzim: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
JagabanB:
Another steewpid statement, when dollar was less, how effective and affordable were the health sectors?

With all due respect Alhaji Jagaban of Nigeria. Do you earn up to 100k after 25days of hard labor? If u do, you will notice before Alhaji Jagaban of Nigeria came in, you can at least run our house for 2weeks with that 100k but as of today 100k na with manager na 5days. And pray you know sick ooo, because if you fall sick Alhaji Jagaban, you have to borrow money.

1 Like

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by CJStarz: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
U expect me to call out the hospital here? Wow, now I know the kind of person I'm engaging. The hyper inflation that have resulted since the inception of the Tinibu-led administration has affected all facets of the economy.... including the health sector....from the charge for cards to a scan section! These hike in prices is started with the unguarded and unthoughtful utterance from the President....'the era of fuel subsidy is gone'! The naira is falling endlessly to dollar.
Cost of living is high. People are suffering..Are you blind to those, the pains that Nigerians are going through,just because you are all out to defend this administration?
God help us.....

JagabanB:

The big question is this, if prices of food and services are increasing, do u expect health care to remain constant?
That's one question.
The second question is this?
Were they performing excellently before these events?
Back to your example, u are being exploited by the hospital, a hospital selling a card to u at #5000 is obviously exploiting but u prefer to reference it to dollar instead of calling out the hospital.
It's good, they can as well sell it to u at #10,000.
Life goes on and u will give them a standing ovation.

1 Like

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
OkCornel:
Next time, vote competent candidates.

Tribalism and religious bigotry won’t give you good health

Doctors strike for 7months under Obi in anambra but u want me to vote him cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JPmore: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Finally, Tinubu is only a strategist by Yoruba standards

Why won’t God punish my oppressor?

1 Like

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Whoever wants to die should go ahead and swiftly do so. The more of you die, the more we rid Nigeria of tribal and stupid idiots.

Since una no gree hear word since 2014!

You arent that bright

When Aristotle was talking of how human could slip into the animals primitivism, he was actually referring to a u

Even he was sure that person couldnt be Athenian and yes, You arent Greek

1 Like

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by OkCornel(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Doctors strike for 7months under Obi in anambra but u want me to vote him cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did anyone call Obi on this thread? Or your subconscious pushed you to associate Obi with competence?

1 Like

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by Kaiser20: 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Truths9ja:
Tinubu destroyed Nigeria's economy no be small ooo
His people said Tinubu must be people even if he destroys Nigeria's economy the people must try to endure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
TheKing4040:
Thunder will strike all APC supporters and their family with suffering.. most people might reason why I wish them suffering, My reason is simple. Since APC came into power in 2015, thier poor policies and activities has sent thousands of Nigerians to their early grave and put much more citizens in suffering.this will not be the case if they don't have useless supporters.I went out with 107k yesterday and when I returned home in the evening I couldn't even see what I bought with the money,I almost cried. Naira is now so useless and worthless. God punish every APC supporters and their family .

omoh, 107k,

i neva even see 50k b4

but dont u see that the richer u are ,the greater ur influence on elections?

do u really think anybody 18+ can just get a voter card and vote whoever?

can u get a card and vote without money?

they keep saying it will cost u nothing until u see that itz not so

nothing ,not even breathing is free.

typing is not free

reading is not free

even apology is not free

talking is not free

correction is not free

no relationship is free

not even nonsense is free

damn!
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
CJStarz:
U expect me to call out the hospital here? Wow, now I know the kind of person I'm engaging. The hyper inflation that have resulted since the inception of the Tinibu-led administration has affected all facets of the economy.... including the health sector....from the charge for cards to a scan section! These hike in prices is started with the unguarded and unthoughtful utterance from the President....'the era of fuel subsidy is gone'! The naira is falling endlessly to dollar.
Cost of living is high. People are suffering..Are you blind to those, the pains that Nigerians are going through,just because you are all out to defend this administration?
God help us.....

As usual, being emotional about everything, don't let politics blind you, I keep telling Nigerians, polîtics will go on without you, if u play polîtics with ur life because the person u voted is not in power, u can dîè and life will go on.
Many of the people who backed Boko Haram at it's onset of tèrrórism in 2009 have been kiIIed by same Boko Haram, many of them backed it because of religion, price of a particular service went up by over 400% something that even with increase in services and commodities should remain the same and u clap for them because u don't like Tinubu.
LOL.
Is Tinubu squealing to pay like u are squealing now?
Whatever candidate u are supporting made it part of his campaign that he's going to remove "subsidy immediately", somehow u his supporters who always wallow in lies say he should have put modalities in place, modalities that will cushion the effects of subsidy removal in Nigeria will take years to put in place and ur candidate promised immediately.
If u like, continue to moan about politics, the hospitals are actually using this as an excuse to justify their incompetence which has been going on for decades, but u clap for them because u think this about politics, this is about your health, think about what is better for u first before thinking about politics and praying things will get bad for u so that u can say the leader has failed, many people prayed for stuffs like this under Buhari and the bad system consumed them, the system didn't descriminate if they are supporting it to show that Buhari is bad.
U guys are being exploited on so many fronts and instead of addressing it, u all decide to make it about politics.
I will continue to say what's on my mind but to come and see me in that kind of hospitals, u won't see me.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Vizzim:

With all due respect Alhaji Jagaban of Nigeria. Do you earn up to 100k after 25days of hard labor? If u do, you will notice before Alhaji Jagaban of Nigeria came in, you can at least run our house for 2weeks with that 100k but as of today 100k na with manager na 5days. And pray you know sick ooo, because if you fall sick Alhaji Jagaban, you have to borrow money.
I can't remember asking u for financial support, did I ask you?
My family members do fall sick and we go to hospital for treatment, hospitals I go to, I haven't seen the prices of goods and commodities that u all keep blabbing about on the internet.
Just last week I was in the hospital.
Borrowing is part of life, did u read somewhere that borrowing is a crime?
U folks couldn't afford hospital bills under Obi in Anambra but somehow he's ur messiah and he would be sharing money to every citizen in Nigeria right now and life will be so sweet like Nîgeriàns have never experienced before.
Is that not so??
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by CSTRR: 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
JagabanB:

I can't remember asking u for financial support, did I ask you?
My family members do fall sick and we go to hospital for treatment, hospitals I go to, I haven't seen the prices of goods and commodities that u all keep blabbing about on the internet.
Just last week I was in the hospital.
Borrowing is part of life, did u read somewhere that borrowing is a crime?
U folks couldn't afford hospital bills under Obi in Anambra but somehow he's ur messiah and he would be sharing money to every citizen in Nigeria right now and life will be so sweet like Nîgeriàns have never experienced before.
Is that not so??
May Nigeria happen to you.
Dimwit.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by CJStarz: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
I didn't really grasped your write up. May be na hunger caused by this TINIBULATION cause am.😂
Tinibu removed fuel subsidy in such a crass way without first of all putting some measures in place to curb the effect on the masses. Sharing us rice as palliatives is way out of place. He meant well for the growth of our economy but he put the cart before the horse,hence the unimaginable suffering. Greedy people, like the hospital I mentioned, leveraged on that to hike their prices.
So my brother, I wasn't making it a political matter but suffering on ground is too much.
Nigerians look for opportunity to exploit one another.
Not all Tinibu's policies are bad by the way,but that thoughtless act of declaring that the fuel subsidy era is gone was a minus.

On a lighter note,U no go land for any hospital in Jesus Name. U will live to declare the goodness of the Lord.

Oya say Amen.

JagabanB:

As usual, being emotional about everything, don't let politics blind you, I keep telling Nigerians, polîtics will go on without you, if u play polîtics with ur life because the person u voted is not in power, u can dîè and life will go on.
Many of the people who backed Boko Haram at it's onset of tèrrórism in 2009 have been kiIIed by same Boko Haram, many of them backed it because of religion, price of a particular service went up by over 400% something that even with increase in services and commodities should remain the same and u clap for them because u don't like Tinubu.
LOL.
Is Tinubu squealing to pay like u are squealing now?
Whatever candidate u are supporting made it part of his campaign that he's going to remove "subsidy immediately", somehow u his supporters who always wallow in lies say he should have put modalities in place, modalities that will cushion the effects of subsidy removal in Nigeria will take years to put in place and ur candidate promised immediately.
If u like, continue to moan about politics, the hospitals are actually using this as an excuse to justify their incompetence which has been going on for decades, but u clap for them because u think this about politics, this is about your health, think about what is better for u first before thinking about politics and praying things will get bad for u so that u can say the leader has failed, many people prayed for stuffs like this under Buhari and the bad system consumed them, the system didn't descriminate if they are supporting it to show that Buhari is bad.
U guys are being exploited on so many fronts and instead of addressing it, u all decide to make it about politics.
I will continue to say what's on my mind but to come and see me in that kind of hospitals, u won't see me.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by alphaNomega: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
OkCornel:
Next time, vote competent candidates.

Tribalism and religious bigotry won’t give you good health

Remember these crooks rigged their way into government
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by maasoap(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
It's really serious. The trick is: don't get sick. grin grin grin
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2023
CJStarz:
I didn't really grasped your write up. May be na hunger caused by this TINIBULATION cause am.😂
Tinibu removed fuel subsidy in such a crass way without first of all putting some measures in place to curb the effect on the masses. Sharing us rice as palliatives is way out of place. He meant well for the growth of our economy but he put the cart before the horse,hence the unimaginable suffering. Greedy people, like the hospital I mentioned, leveraged on that to hike their prices.
So my brother, I wasn't making it a political matter but suffering on ground is too much.
Nigerians look for opportunity to exploit one another.
Not all Tinibu's policies are bad by the way,but that thoughtless act of declaring that the fuel subsidy era is gone was a minus.

On a lighter note,U no go land for any hospital in Jesus Name. U will live to declare the goodness of the Lord.

Oya say Amen.

Whoever tells u that the effects of removing fuel subsidy will be cushioned in a matter of one year in a country like Nigèria, know that person is not telling u the Truth.
There's no political candidate that can put any modalities in place to cushion it's effect, no single one and u definitely voted for one who said he's coming to remove subsidy immediately.
If u are hungry, u have to know that not everybody is hungry, hunger is more u lgb0 thing.
I feel hunger everyday because I have eating habits that I stick with and this habit has been on for ages.
So when I hear u folks talking about hunger, I begin to wonder if everyone is like u.
I don't eat breakfast, that's a standing rule, wherever I find myself amongst whatever family.
I don't overfeed, I eat to the point where I just feel ok, that very moment I stop eating.
At most, I eat twice a day, some days once, other days just a snack and I am done with eating.
I am very comfortable with that habit for close to 15 years and it keeps me fit and sharp.
So when u folks who value food so much talk about hunger, I wonder if u all think everyone is like u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2023
CSTRR:

May Nigeria happen to you.
Dimwit.
I am a proud Nîgeriàn, my success, my failures are what makes me who I am and I am 100% proud of them all.
"Nigèria happen to u" is a phrase by cómpóûñf f00Is like urself and for compound f00Is like urself, doesn't hold any meaning to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by bluefilm: 3:23am On Nov 01, 2023
fanugoccie:
E come be like say emefiele Sabi pass

You don dey see am...?
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by CJStarz: 4:41am On Nov 01, 2023
Wait o, U say hunger na Igbo thing? So this hunger wey full ground so no reach Yoruba people? Tinibu give una hunger proof jackets?
😂

Anyways,U needn't reel off your feeling schedule to me because it has nothing to do with the discourse on ground but let me educate you a little on thiat in the interest of your Health....... Whatever you do, please I beg U ,DO NOT MISS YOUR BREAKFAST! God and google why.

I can imagine how kpanla you dey look.
Alika😂😂

JagabanB:

Whoever tells u that the effects of removing fuel subsidy will be cushioned in a matter of one year in a country like Nigèria, know that person is not telling u the Truth.
There's no political candidate that can put any modalities in place to cushion it's effect, no single one and u definitely voted for one who said he's coming to remove subsidy immediately.
If u are hungry, u have to know that not everybody is hungry, hunger is more u lgb0 thing.
I feel hunger everyday because I have eating habits that I stick with and this habit has been on for ages.
So when I hear u folks talking about hunger, I begin to wonder if everyone is like u.
I don't eat breakfast, that's a standing rule, wherever I find myself amongst whatever family.
I don't overfeed, I eat to the point where I just feel ok, that very moment I stop eating.
At most, I eat twice a day, some days once, other days just a snack and I am done with eating.
I am very comfortable with that habit for close to 15 years and it keeps me fit and sharp.
So when u folks who value food so much talk about hunger, I wonder if u all think everyone is like u.

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by JagabanB: 8:03am On Nov 01, 2023
CJStarz:

Wait o, U say hunger na Igbo thing? So this hunger wey full ground so no reach Yoruba people? Tinibu give una hunger proof jackets?
😂

Anyways,U needn't reel off your feeling schedule to me because it has nothing to do with the discourse on ground but let me educate you a little on thiat in the interest of your Health....... Whatever you do, please I beg U ,DO NOT MISS YOUR BREAKFAST! God and google why.

I can imagine how kpanla you dey look.
Alika😂😂

I can assure you that u don't look better and healthier than myself, I have heard that from over a thousand people already, breakfast don't improve or diminish ur health.
Sometimes we need to tell u some of u things, the other day a guy here was telling about what he has in his pot of soup and it's what lgb0s have, no tribe has a better pot of soup than lgb0s, we all don't attach same value to food, food is never a yardstick for measuring a successful life.
I don't care about Yorûba people, I am not a Yorûba.
You all take about hunger because u love food too much.
I have seen people who eat every two hours who now eat 3 to 4 times a day complaining about hunger.
It's normal, initially the talk was about the streets being empty, people can't buy petrol, no more traffics, people are selling their cars, people are not buying cars, that talk went on for months, since it's not sustainable, it has now reverted to hunger.
People has always been hungry since the 19sixties, if people don't have what to eat like u folks are suggesting, they should be dèad now.
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by CJStarz: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2023
Ok o. Me sef dey hungry now. Make I go chop. I go show face later.

JagabanB:

I can assure you that u don't look better and healthier than myself, I have heard that from over a thousand people already, breakfast don't improve or diminish ur health.
Sometimes we need to tell u some of u things, the other day a guy here was telling about what he has in his pot of soup and it's what lgb0s have, no tribe has a better pot of soup than lgb0s, we all don't attach same value to food, food is never a yardstick for measuring a successful life.
I don't care about Yorûba people, I am not a Yorûba.
You all take about hunger because u love food too much.
I have seen people who eat every two hours who now eat 3 to 4 times a day complaining about hunger.
It's normal, initially the talk was about the streets being empty, people can't buy petrol, no more traffics, people are selling their cars, people are not buying cars, that talk went on for months, since it's not sustainable, it has now reverted to hunger.
People has always been hungry since the 19sixties, if people don't have what to eat like u folks are suggesting, they should be dèad now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by Mysteriousworld: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2023
zionstaar75:
biafran talk, chioma obinna.i thought they said by now dollar will be 1500.very soon south east will be the most backward region in nigeria because of their evil thoughts towards this country .Never will an igbo man rule this country, NEVER!!!

Youre just a tribal bigot.... Im yoruba and i love Igbo's
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
OkCornel:

Did anyone call Obi on this thread? Or your subconscious pushed you to associate Obi with competence?

They were three major contestant

If not BAT and Obi, who then should i have voted?
Re: Depreciating Naira Value Pushes Medical Care Beyond Nigerians by OkCornel(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

They were three major contestant

If not BAT and Obi, who then should i have voted?

Atiku was also an option, but for reasons best known to you and your conscience, you automatically mentioned Obi.

Na you sabi why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Garlic, Ginger And Onions - By Patogist / Herbal Preparation For Gonorrhea 7 Days Cure Confirmed / Sonoace 3D Ultrasound Machine With 3 Probes For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.