Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? (13895 Views)

How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by tonididdy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
...it's not the duty of the woman to provide but a good woman understands a situation happened and readjust according to current realities

...if she out of her goodwill does some provisions to the house, good but it isn't her responsibility
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by donmarshia(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Coolsat:
As for me I'll pay her back by marrying a second wife and enjoy my life.

Second Wife no truly send you. Na your money she still want.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by jackmrandy: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
women don't want to spend their money on men, especially a married woman. she will tell you its the duty of the husband to spend on her and provide everything. This is most common with African women. We know quit alright that its men's duty to provide, but women should understand that men do have downtime sometimes. during this downtime, its only 0.01% percent of women that will stand by the man and put head together to sort things and better themselves. men do have downtimes. women should learn to support their man

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Exceed15: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
Most women marries for financial security not because they love you.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by profmallor: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
That right there is a typical black woman. Pray and work hard to ensure you never find out that your respect is tied directly to your wallet size. A woman that pours on you insults and disrespect when you dont have but still ends up staying through the hard times might not be the worst. A number of the young ones these days wont stay, and if they do its them sleeping all around in the name of not been provided for.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by delishpot: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
I just watched a clip that inspired this post.

Imagine this scenario.......

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?

That tupe of wife is what Nigerian men deserve. Since you use the "I provide for you" mentality to oppress your women and demand respect for winning bread. When you don't win the bread again, what respect do you expect? And if she doesn't treat you like that you won't double your hustle. So Naija men with their archaic mentality should get only such types of women.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Babastrong(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
That is women for you. They are like dry fish. Try to straight it, you break it. Try to leave it, you still spoil it.
my advice: whenever you are opportune to marry one. Treat her like egg and Bleep her weller. Make sure your preak touches her throat whenener you're fucking her( e get why).

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Bizibi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
I know a guy that went through this after their wedding, immediately the billions started rolling in, the wife went back to default mode,this guy show am shege in the marriage but they are still together.

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Nonexisting1: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
Every man should be ready for this. Chances of having a wife who won't display that character during hard times in this part of the world in 0.00003%. Even female lions disrespect lion kings in times of famine. The bleeding gender is a messed up gender, I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by treatise: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?
Thank God in secret and open for revealing the real nature of your spouse .
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
Persephone1:
How did the man handle his own loss and misfortunes?

Most men struggle to remain the loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful men they were when they experience setbacks. Most men's mental stability is attached to their ability to provide and spend. How do they react when things don't go the way they want.?

I believe this narrative of women changing when things go sour should be checked. It is far from reality! It is an exaggeration also. There are women who stand by their husbands . At least "your mothers" did that. And when women change was it really due to lack of funds or the inability of both husband and wife to manage themselves.

You all want women to support and also care for an overgrown harsh baby who refused to grow up and work towards overcoming his challenges. Abeg!

You wrote a lot without answering the question asked .....Defensive mode activated without bringing your full critical thinking skills to bear..

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Thoughty2(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Unfortunately, that is human behavior for you. Even your mother will not treat you well you as an adult if you don't have money. Worse if you are irresponsible.

With the understanding of human nature, I will treat her like before. That's one of the benefits she will have for being my wife and bearing my name.

She should not just make a mistake of cheating. Otherwise that's the end!

Honestly being married is not simple. Sometimes you have to overlook a lot.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by prophetfire: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

Honestly I would do away with her. She wouldn't even be there to see things turn around in the first place because once she started acting up at first, I'd kick her out and face my life without her.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tayorshd87: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
Fahvvy:
This scenario you just described accurately tells the story of how most women are undecided...

And it's so unfortunate that men realize this way too late undecided...

Men listen!
Your respect in the eyes of 99% of "your beloved wives" is tied to your ability to provide, lose this ability and watch your "loving wife" become your worst night mare undecided...

The truth about the average woman is that, They are incapable of loving a man GENUINELY undecided...

If there's nothing to gain from you, be it time and attention or resources, then they have no business with you, talk more of respecting you undecided...

@OP...
I won't quit the marriage undecided...
She may have been a bad wife, but if she's been a good mother, then there's no way I'm depriving my kids of their mum undecided...

But one thing is for certain, from that day onwards we'll only be roommates at best undecided...

Nothing do you bra ...
You tight β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜‰
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Map1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
I'd like to share a story with you. I enjoy stories, as they are often what older folks excel at. πŸ˜„

My church hosts a program from time to time; it's an all-night event where singles of marriageable age and selected married individuals come together to discuss various aspects of marriage.

On one occasion, a topic was brought up, and women were discussing at length how they could love a man and do everything right, yet things don't always work out. As people began giving reasons for such situations, I was given the microphone, and I suggested, "Perhaps you should consider respecting them instead of just loving them. If what you're doing isn't working, why not try something different?" This led to a lively debate, which I won't go into, but one woman took it personally, and we had this conversation.

Woman: Are you married?

Me: No, ma'am.

Woman: I've been married for years, and I can emphatically tell you that love is what has held us together from day one. We've been through a lot and come out stronger because of love. You're not married, so you may not know enough to form an opinion on this issue.

The women in the audience applauded her.

Me: That's beautiful, ma'am. When did you meet your husband?

Woman: A few months after school; I was staying with my uncle and waiting for my service year.

Me: Was he a student too?

Woman: No, he was already in business and doing fairly well.

Me: How long did you two date?

Woman: Just a few months. He made it clear that he was looking for a wife, but we didn't get married until after my service year.

Me: That's wonderful. Now, let's imagine a scenario where your roles are reversed. You are a successful businesswoman, and you meet a young man fresh out of school with no job and no NYSC certificate yet, and he proposes marriage. Would you have married him as quickly as he married you? Please, be honest; we are in a church.

Woman: What are you trying to say? That I married him because of money or something? I love my husband, he knows it, he sees it, and he feels it. He's here and can speak for himself.

Me: Thank you, ma'am, for being honest with me.

I summarized the conversation, which was quite lengthy and filled with drama, but I believe you can still grasp the main point from this excerpt. πŸ˜„
You see so many times I don't blame this woman, when a working class man marry a job less woman my dearest brother it never a love she marry you because you can provide for her needs.Men should stop marrying a jobless ladies.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2023
delishpot:

That tupe of wife is what Nigerian men deserve. Since you use the "I provide for you" mentality to oppress your women and demand respect for winning bread. When you don't win the bread again, what respect do you expect? And if she doesn't treat you like that you won't double your hustle. So Naija men with their archaic mentality should get only such types of women.
Alright.

But for the sake of yarns, what would a Nigerian man who doesn't have this archaic mentality but ends up with this type of woman do in a situation like this?
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
kollysnut:
I will marry second wife,

This type of thinking is dangerous
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Fearyourcreator: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
yet this women will be shout the loudest that they stay with the man when he has nothing
When a man has nothing, him eye dey see pepper... all those I was there when he had nothing most don cause a lot of damage already
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Fearyourcreator: 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Persephone1:
How did the man handle his own loss and misfortunes?

Most men struggle to remain the loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful men they were when they experience setbacks. Most men's mental stability is attached to their ability to provide and spend. How do they react when things don't go the way they want.?

I believe this narrative of women changing when things go sour should be checked. It is far from reality! It is an exaggeration also. There are women who stand by their husbands . At least "your mothers" did that. And when women change was it really due to lack of funds or the inability of both husband and wife to manage themselves.

You all want women to support and also care for an overgrown harsh baby who refused to grow up and work towards overcoming his challenges. Abeg!
Started well and showed your true colour at the end.. lolzzz
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by boxypane(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
They never cared in the first place.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by boxypane(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

My advice! He shouldn't quit, let's just repay evil for evil. That's much fun. Na to end her ego, end her confidence by marrying and keeping another at a distance and of course, suicide is an option.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by dandig(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
I'd like to share a story with you. I enjoy stories, as they are often what older folks excel at. πŸ˜„

My church hosts a program from time to time; it's an all-night event where singles of marriageable age and selected married individuals come together to discuss various aspects of marriage.

On one occasion, a topic was brought up, and women were discussing at length how they could love a man and do everything right, yet things don't always work out. As people began giving reasons for such situations, I was given the microphone, and I suggested, "Perhaps you should consider respecting them instead of just loving them. If what you're doing isn't working, why not try something different?" This led to a lively debate, which I won't go into, but one woman took it personally, and we had this conversation.

Woman: Are you married?

Me: No, ma'am.

Woman: I've been married for years, and I can emphatically tell you that love is what has held us together from day one. We've been through a lot and come out stronger because of love. You're not married, so you may not know enough to form an opinion on this issue.

The women in the audience applauded her.

Me: That's beautiful, ma'am. When did you meet your husband?

Woman: A few months after school; I was staying with my uncle and waiting for my service year.

Me: Was he a student too?

Woman: No, he was already in business and doing fairly well.

Me: How long did you two date?

Woman: Just a few months. He made it clear that he was looking for a wife, but we didn't get married until after my service year.

Me: That's wonderful. Now, let's imagine a scenario where your roles are reversed. You are a successful businesswoman, and you meet a young man fresh out of school with no job and no NYSC certificate yet, and he proposes marriage. Would you have married him as quickly as he married you? Please, be honest; we are in a church.

Woman: What are you trying to say? That I married him because of money or something? I love my husband, he knows it, he sees it, and he feels it. He's here and can speak for himself.

Me: Thank you, ma'am, for being honest with me.

I summarized the conversation, which was quite lengthy and filled with drama, but I believe you can still grasp the main point from this excerpt. πŸ˜„
It takes wisdom to decipher this
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Omoapena(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Honestly, I'm getting another wife immediately and I will make sure I marry someone that's doing very fine financially...
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by whysquare4real(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

. This is what am currently going through in my home. I pray that God Almighty should open other doors for me. I put my hope in God.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by DonnyE(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

If you know the true and God's meaning of marriage, you will continue to love your wife. In this case for your own good.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by frozen70(f): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

Love or no love

Give that woman a responsibility at home, in terms of bills to pay

That will give her sense of responsibility and value

Now back to love

If you marry a woman who no send you anytime you are broke

Then you are about getting drawn into an Ocean with no life jacket on you
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
Zooposki:
Service modules! grin

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
nawa4naija:
Bro once you are in the trap called marriage, You shouldn't let little things that you should have known before now divide your home. What you should do is this: Involve your wife in the family financial responsibility since she makes income too, so that you can also make investments as the bread winner, from your story, every damn expenses is on you, that's way too bad, if you go broke 100 times, that woman will disrespect you 100 times My own cent
Common sense! undecided
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
Drone95:
A woman's money belongs to her alone while a man money belongs to him& the wife angry
RUbbish! A woman's money belongs to her if and only if she is in a master-slave marriage with her husband. Otherwise, the woman will have no choice but to share in the financial expenses, and the husband in the house duties and caring for his own kids. undecided
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by EndRape2(f): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
It is not about women alone ,men inclusive, i know of men whose wife are not working they insult the woman, cheat on her, when she complains they insults her and even call her names, they buy propersties and hind it from her, even keep out late with other girls ,

This is what it does , it kills the live that was once there .

So my advice to this man, is to note the kind of wife he is married to, she is woman that has bad and wicked charcter .

Wisdom is profitable to direct, if you are married to such people ,that maltreats you because they earn more than you.

uote author=Tallesty1 post=126713034]I just watched a clip that inspired this post.

[/quote]
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
Coolsat:
As for me I'll pay her back by marrying a second wife and enjoy my life.

Hmmm..... except if you distance the two but if they are going to be together with you.....

Sorry, they will rather enjoy you ....lols
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by aimmoney9: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
yet this women will be shout the loudest that they stay with the man when he has nothing
Lol lmfao...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Marriage is all about expenses....... grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. / Best Technique For Dealing With A Nagging Wife/Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.